• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to move forward to hit the opponent... While viral was doing that Kamina used a surprise attack and viral still dodged... Barely dodging an arrow vs dodging a sniper bullet.. Which do you think would have the faster reaction speed?
At this point, the reasoning is getting sloppy. I mentioned before that Viral saw where Yoko was, before she even took the shot. She even emphasizes on his senses by her shock, that he could see her from up there. Kamina on the other hand, saw an arrow last second, because Viral was hiding in the grass, and Kamina at that point, didn’t even know his opponent was hiding. Summary: Kamina dodged something, while he didn’t know he was up against someone, let alone someone who was hiding. Viral dodged a sniper bullet, which he was very well aware of, because of his great senses

Edit: I don’t have to mention this for like the 10th time, that Viral and Yoko were far away from each other

At this point, the reasoning is getting sloppy. I mentioned before that Viral saw where Yoko was, before she even took the shot. She even emphasizes on his senses by her shock, that he could see her from up there. Kamina on the other hand, saw an arrow last second, because Viral was hiding in the grass, and Kamina at that point, didn’t even know his opponent was hiding. Summary: Kamina dodged something, while he didn’t know he was up against someone, let alone someone who was hiding. Viral dodged a sniper bullet, which he was very well aware of, because of his great senses

Edit: I don’t have to mention this for like the 10th time, that Viral and Yoko were far away from each other
I guess but if you slow it down viral dodge while the bullet was already moving... While yes it was further away then the arrow he still reacted to the bullet's speed... Kamina still barely reacted to the arrow while viral had no problem reacting to the bullet... You are using dodging speed... Even if viral knows where the sniper is he still reacts to the bullets speed while kamina barely reacted to the arrows speed even tho he didn't know he was being shot

I guess but if you slow it down viral dodge while the bullet was already moving... While yes it was further away then the arrow he still reacted to the bullet's speed... Kamina still barely reacted to the arrow while viral had no problem reacting to the bullet... You are using dodging speed... Even if viral knows where the sniper is he still reacts to the bullets speed while kamina barely reacted to the arrows speed even tho he didn't know he was being shot
That’s literally aim dodging

If you can aim dodge the fastest then you have faster reaction speed... Again you are using dodging/combat speed.. If you can dodge before the moving bullet comes twords you then you would have faster reaction speed then while starting moving to dodge close to point blank

The faster you start to aim dodging will give you faster reaction speed... Lets say that exactly when the bullet is fired you start to move away that would be faster reaction speed then starting to aim dodge while the bullet is in the middle between you and the gun that was fired... This ¢>- ................... 👀 is faster reaction then this ¢>-................. 👀 😅

Last edited:
If you can aim dodge the fastest then you have faster reaction speed... Again you are using dodging/combat speed.. If you can dodge before the moving bullet comes twords you then you would have faster reaction speed then while starting moving to dodge close to point blank
One has been shown an aim dodging feat, one hasn’t. How can you even compare them? We don’t even know if Kamina could aim dodge as well as Viral, if he had the same great senses the latter has. And again, Yoko and Viral were far away from each other, I doubt it would be hard at all to aim dodge that shot
The faster you start to aim dodging will give you faster reaction speed... Lets say that exactly when the bullet is fired you start to move away that would be faster reaction speed then starting to aim dodge while the bullet is in the middle between you and the gun that was fired
actually, Viral started moving at the exact same time Yoko took the shot. For subsonics, moving out of the way from a far away bullet’s final destination, takes less time than the bullet actually getting where it is being shot

actually, Viral started moving at the exact same time Yoko took the shot. For subsonics, moving out of the way from a far away bullet’s final destination, takes less time than the bullet actually getting where it is being shot
His reaction then would be higher then subsonic.... If viral started moving while the bullet was close to him would mean he has slower reaction because you took more time to react to the bullet's speed

His reaction then would be higher then subsonic.... If viral started moving while the bullet was close to him would mean he has slower reaction because you need more time to react to the bullet's speed
His reaction speed is already higher within Subsonic than his travel speed. Reaction being 100.58m/s, and travel being baseline (34.3m/s)

His reaction speed is already higher within Subsonic than his travel speed. Reaction being 100.58m/s, and travel being baseline (34.3m/s)
I think if you react to the bullet when its this >....•|..... Your reaction would be faster then the bullet but if you react like this .....|•.... Your reaction would be slower then the bullet but I could be wrong 🤔 I'm very tired so bye 😅👍

I think if you react to the bullet when its this >....•|..... Your reaction would be faster then the bullet but if you react like this .....|•.... Your reaction would be slower then the bullet but I could be wrong 🤔 I'm very tired so bye 😅👍
Are you forgetting their distance? I’d consider it if they were closer to each other

Are you forgetting their distance? I’d consider it if they were closer to each other
🤔 the distance between the character and the weapon shouldn’t really matter 🤔 if the sniper was 5m or 1m away the >....•|..... and .....|•.... would still work.... actually I’m wrong the longer it travels the more time you have to react

🤔 the distance between the character and the weapon shouldn’t really matter 🤔 if the sniper was 5m or 1m away the >....•|..... and .....|•.... would still work.... actually I’m wrong the longer it travels the more time you have
They were more than 10 meters away from each other

They were more than 10 meters away from each other
But actually if viral started moving when the sniper was fired then it would not matter if it was 1m away... and kamina would not be able to react if the bow was closer to him which means viral has faster reaction 😁👍 kamina’s name is so hard to remember I always think something else or a girls name

But actually if viral started moving when the sniper was fired then it would not matter if it was 1m away... and kamina would not be able to react if the bow was closer to him which means viral has faster reaction 😁👍
Viral knew Yoko was going to take a shot before she did. She has better reaction time (Supersonic), so it would be harder for a subsonic like Viral to just move away before someone with that kind of reaction took a shot. Plus, we don’t even know how far away Kamina was from Viral in the first encounter. So, we can’t say IF he was closer or farther, because there’s nothing that touches upon where Viral was exactly

Viral knew Yoko was going to take a shot before she did. She has better reaction time (Supersonic), so it would be harder for a subsonic like Viral to just move away before someone with that kind of reaction took a shot. Plus, we don’t even know how far away Kamina was from Viral in the first encounter. So, we can’t say IF he was closer or farther, because there’s nothing that touches upon where Viral was exactly
Well that would mean his reaction should Subsonic+ or Transonic I’m very tired so I’m not replying... you don’t need to think that this exists

So, it seems that everyone is on board with Subsonic Travel with higher reactions/combat speed for the guys, and subsonic travel, with supersonic reactions/combat speed for the girls

Anyway, can somebody please explain the conclusions so far here?

Eveeyone agrees with subsonic travel speed and Yoko and Nia scale. For the exact figure of gun/arrow dodging I can do the calc, but I am busy in my day job and clearing the evaluation requests

Or others can do the calc and then I do the evaluation

Use the calc requests thread and calc evaluation thread and post a link here - I will do the same when I am done with my calc.

Combat speed I think, although some people simply write it as reflexes.

Combat speed I think, although some people simply write it as reflexes.
For the dodging arrow thing, it was only one movement, so that’s still just reaction speed. Now that I think of it, I don’t think their combat speed scales to their reactions, so I think the dodging arrow feat, only applies to reactions, and not combat. So, their combat may no be as fast as their reactions. As for the women, the combat speed still applies because Adiane (the one Yoko was shooting), blocked a barrage of shots within close range. Adiane also hit Yoko with her tail multiple times in one scene, so obviously she would get Supersonic combat speed, rather than just for her reactions

For the dodging arrow thing, it was only one movement, so that’s still just reaction speed. Now that I think of it, I don’t think their combat speed scales to their reactions, so I think the dodging arrow feat, only applies to reactions, and not combat. So, their combat may no be as fast as their reactions. As for the women, the combat speed still applies because Adiane (the one Yoko was shooting), blocked a barrage of shots within close range. Adiane also hit Yoko with her tail multiple times in one scene, so obviously she would get Supersonic combat speed, rather than just for her reactions
Dodging an arrow isn't fully combat speed but the way kamina dodged the arrow kinda would go to combat speed since it was close to point blank 🤔

I don’t think the distance suddenly makes it combat speed, that just makes it greater reaction speed
The faster he aim dodges goes to faster reaction speed the slower he reacts and dodges goes to combat speed 😅 but we don't know how fast the arrow is but I doubt it's as fast as the bullet so it wouldn't make him subsonic combat speed... I think

The faster he aim dodges goes to faster reaction speed the slower he reacts and dodges goes to combat speed 😅 but we don't know how fast the arrow is but I doubt it's as fast as the bullet so it wouldn't make him subsonic combat speed... I think
He didn’t aim dodge, what? He didn’t know an arrow was going right at him until last second. Slower reaction and dodging doesn’t suddenly make it combat speed, did you read the speed page? Reaction speed is how fast a character can react to one thing, and it switches to combat speed when a character can react to a multitude of things

He didn’t aim dodge, what? He didn’t know an arrow was going right at him until last second. Slower reaction and dodging doesn’t suddenly make it combat speed, did you read the speed page? Reaction speed is how fast a character can react to one thing, and it switches to combat speed when a character can react to a multitude of things
Well Kamina did only dodge the arrow after the arrow was fired and dodged it near point blank.

Viral also almost dodged the gunfire from Kamina at a distance (his hand holding the bow was shot so we already knew how much he moved in dodging).

Both should get subsonic+ but I will translate that into a blog later.

Viral also almost dodged the gunfire from Kamina at a distance (his hand holding the bow was shot so we already knew how much he moved in dodging).

Both should get subsonic+ but I will translate that into a blog later.
Oh, I know what moment you are talking about, I guess that would be Subsonic+ reactions, but I don’t see Subsonic+ being applied to Combat Speed

I know he didn't aim dodge... Which means it would go to his combat speed... If someone dodges near point blank you are moving faster then the arrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back