• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not good reasoning. Combat Speed is referred to as the speed at which a character can fight, which can also be defined as several movements at once, which doesn’t necessarily need combat feats in particular to get results for this type of speed

On the reaction speed part of the speed page, it is defined as “the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.”

Kamina moving his head out of the way of the arrow, is a short movement, upon reacting to an arrow flying at him. This is also a singular action, therefore only reaction speed

That’s not good reasoning. Combat Speed is referred to as the speed at which a character can fight, which can also be defined as several movements at once, which doesn’t necessarily need combat feats in particular to get results for this type of speed

On the reaction speed part of the speed page, it is defined as “the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.”

Kamina moving his head out of the way of the arrow, is a short movement, upon reacting to an arrow flying at him. This is also a singular action, therefore only reaction speed
So if a big cannon is bigger then you and you dodge it isn't just reaction speed.... Its movement

So if a big cannon is bigger then you and you dodge it isn't just reaction speed.... Its movement
What kind of movement? Travel, Combat, Reaction, Flight, Attack? Be more specific, I know you are referring to travel speed. Okay, yes, that’s travel speed, but is that what we’re talking about right now? No, it’s not. We’re talking about reaction speed. This arrow flying towards Kamina isn’t big enough for him to need to travel to a different place, all he had to do was move his head, ONCE. That’s reaction speed

What kind of movement? Travel, Combat, Reaction, Flight, Attack? Be more specific, I know you are referring to travel speed. Okay, yes, that’s travel speed, but is that what we’re talking about right now? No, it’s not. We’re talking about reaction speed. This arrow flying towards Kamina isn’t big enough for him to need to travel to a different place, all he had to do was move his head, ONCE. That’s reaction speed
I'm not talking about travel... I'm talking about combat speed... If you can move faster in short distances then it would be combat speed

The arrow feat is reaction speed. Although I can see a point for combat speed as he did it pretty casual and it was point blank.

It wasn't casual

this is combat speed not travel speed... If you dodge point blank then it's movement speed meaning combat speed.. It is also reaction speed as well
That’s reaction speed, it’s a singular movement, rather than a multitude of movements. How does dodging a point blank whatever suddenly make it combat speed? It’s a singular movement

That’s reaction speed, it’s a singular movement, rather than a multitude of movements. How does dodging a point blank whatever suddenly make it combat speed? It’s a singular movement
That's combat speed... 😅 that's literally impossible to say it's only reaction speed

That's combat speed... 😅
How so? It’s not a multitude of movements, it’s only one movement, it could also be travel speed, because that character moved the entire body to a different location. Also, just because it’s a movement in a fight, doesn’t mean it’s combat speed, that’s name fallacy. It’s a single movement, therefore reaction speed

How so? It’s not a multitude of movements, it’s only one movement, it could also be travel speed, because that character moved the entire body to a different location. Also, just because it’s a movement in a fight, doesn’t mean it’s combat speed, that’s name fallacy. It’s a single movement, therefore reaction speed
That's wrong you are taking that comment to literal... And that cannot be travel speed...

That's wrong you are taking that comment to literal...
Whatever, I don’t care about the verses that we aren’t talking about rn. We are talking about TTGL. The dodging arrow feat was reaction speed, period. There’s only ONE movement, it isn’t MULTIPLE movements

Whatever, I don’t care about the verses that we aren’t talking about rn. We are talking about TTGL. The dodging arrow feat was reaction speed, period. There’s only ONE movement, it isn’t MULTIPLE movements
it doesn't need to be MULTIPLE movements if it's point blank... You are literally MOVING faster then the arrow...

And I'm not talking about other verses... I'm giving examples....

What kind of speed would dodging be?
Combat speed I think, although some people simply write it as reflexes.
..... Even
He didn’t aim dodge, what? He didn’t know an arrow was going right at him until last second. Slower reaction and dodging doesn’t suddenly make it combat speed, did you read the speed page? Reaction speed is how fast a character can react to one thing, and it switches to combat speed when a character can react to a multitude of things
Well Kamina did only dodge the arrow after the arrow was fired and dodged it near point blank.

Viral also almost dodged the gunfire from Kamina at a distance (his hand holding the bow was shot so we already knew how much he moved in dodging).

Both should get subsonic+ but I will translate that into a blog later.

..... Even
I think, doesn’t mean for certain. If you dodge multiple attacks multiple times, it’s combat speed, but dodging once is only reaction speed. Yoko can be rated as Supersonic in terms of combat speed, because she blocked 2 tail whips from Adiane. As for Kamina, he dodged an arrow, with a single movement, plus he only moves his head

I think, doesn’t mean for certain. If you dodge multiple attacks multiple times, it’s combat speed, but dodging once is only reaction speed. Yoko can be rated as Supersonic in terms of combat speed, because she blocked 2 tail whips from Adiane. As for Kamina, he dodged an arrow, with a single movement, plus he only moves his head
It's still not only reaction speed if someone dodges 1 bullet point blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back