• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer: Yu "Start of the serie" key upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu is rated "at least Peak human, higher reaction" and I'm planning to change it in a subsonic rating.

The first reason is this accepted calc which gives Yu a reaction time of 0,006291 s which is Subsonic and almost Subsonic+ (0,00583 s is baseline subsonic+), therefore his reaction should be at least subsonic but I think even his combat speed should be subsonic as he is able to completely blitz Ryu who, thanks his speed and his abnormal flexibility, is no match for a professional boxer to the point he appeares as a blur, Yu was also able to blitz the guy he was fighting against in the calc presented above with his punches.

As supportive evidence I might add that when Jean tried to reach Yu's dimension, a dimension where every moment of time is sharp and clear and where Yu spent all his days in, noticed that he was nowhere near Yu's level to the point Yu could perception blitz him, tho here we are talking about another Yu key (debut) but I think even his first key should scale to Jean, or at least in speed, Yu never trained his speed but he only trained his stamina in the two years he joined the boxing gym and therefore his physical abilities didn't improve much but the main reason is that when Jean achieved that "dimension" he had a sort of speed boost which allowed to blitz a dude from 10 m, which is something he couldn't have done before as he stated "it's the worst-case scenario" "I'm going to die", and to punch like Yu (with killing intent) which supports that only now he reached Yu's level, or at least he thought that and we know Yu was in that "dimension" since he was a child and since Jean reached an extremely small portion of that "dimension" I think it's safe to assume Yu, in his first key, was around Jean, and therefore he should also scale to his 77 m/s feat and Jean's wall feat to being able to pierce a punching bag since he was able to perform both feats after reaching a small fraction of Yu "dimension".

So the ratings would be:

Attack Potency: Wall level (Casually beat down Ryu Baeksan who could fight off a professional Super Middleweight boxer,[8] the same boxer implying Ryu may have won the fight had it been outside a boxing ring.[8] Broke every single bone in Ryu Baeksan's body,[9] which would require at least this much energy, though this was done through multiple hits, should be at least on pair with Jean who can punch a hole into a large sand bag).

The "debut" key is the one that actually scales to Jean so the justification for the rating should simply be "stronger than before" and "defeated Yuto Takeda, who possesses strength and endurance above Jean Pierre by a considerable amount" as supportive evidence

Speed: Subsonic (77 m/s) (Could blitz Ryu Baeksan who can appear as a blur against professional boxer, should be at least as fast as Jean who could move this fast[), higher reaction speed (His perception of people moving is shown to be in slow motion)

Agree:

I might understand if someone disagrees with Start of the serie Yu > Jean so in this case only the calc gets accepted, the ap doesn't change and the speed would change this way:

Speed: At least Peak Human (Faster than Ryu Baeksan who was faster than a professional boxer), Subsonic reaction speed (His perception of people moving is shown to be in slow motion)

Agree: @Shmooply

Or

Speed: Subsonic (Baseline) (Could blitz Ryu Baeksan who can appear as a blur against professional boxer), higher reaction speed (His perception of people moving is shown to be in slow motion)

Agree: @DMUA @Dereck03 @Duedate8898 @Tomfer

Also I think we can add Pressure point as he is able to KO people by hitting them in the chin.

Agree:

EDIT: a thing that might as well been add is that this calc has been upgraded to Hypersonic from an almost Hypersonic result after correcting an error I made, so the guys who scales from it will get an Hypersonic rating instead of Supersonic+.

Last edited:
should be at least on pair
Minor typo detected, immediate disagree. Jokes aside.
Speed: At least Peak Human (Faster than Ryu Baeksan who was faster than a professional boxer), Subsonic reaction speed (His perception of people moving is shown to be in slow motion)
I'm fine with this option instead.
This isn't Pressure Points. You're saying that every human being in the Real World would have Pressure Points for being able to knock someone out with a heavy punch to the chin. Disagree.

I'm fine with this option instead.
Counted
This isn't Pressure Points. You're saying that every human being in the Real World would have Pressure Points for being able to knock someone out with a heavy punch to the chin. Disagree.
I was iffy to but after reading the page it simply says "Pressure points are a concept in many Eastern martial arts, referring to special parts of the body that, when struck, can cause intense pain, paralysis, and potentially even death, among many other possible effects, some of which are more beneficial." so hitting the chin kinda fit it imo, but I might as well agree with you here, I'll see what staff thinks about it.

Technically it would be

The main issue is that IRL it's just almost impossible to land that consistently, and I think that would probably apply to Yu since he doesn't immediately KO whoever he wants by punching in the right spot due to just lacking the precision, but yeah

Technically it would be

The main issue is that IRL it's just almost impossible to land that consistently, and I think that would probably apply to Yu since he doesn't immediately KO whoever he wants by punching in the right spot due to just lacking the precision, but yeah
I don't really think it's a matter of precision especially if we talk about Yu, is not that he can't do it, is stated that Yu fighting style is a matter of inflict pain and not to finish it as soon as possible, K said during his debut match to don't end the match quickly therefore Yu never thrown a decisive punch and since Yu basically only does what K says and Yu always maintained that fighting style, against J for example is directly stated that when you are in the ring against Yu you only meet pain, the only time Yu finished the match quickly was against Viktor but simply because he was slipping and he remembered an attack Ryu did at the start of the serie and he replicated it, also is stated many times Yu strong points are reaction time and precision and is stated many times he has a perfect boxing technique, he could even break a dude knuckle countering an hook with an hook, I guess the only contradiction might be against Aaron but that can be explained due to Aaron abnormal durability.

Also what do you think about the other ratings? Is better to simply scale his reaction to subsonic, scaling his combat speed to baseline subsonic or scaling everything to Jean?

I guess the only contradiction might be against Aaron but that can be explained due to Aaron abnormal durability.
Aaron's abnormal muscles were the problem, thus making it difficult to make him actually feel the impact immediately. He's not generally just immensely tough given the entire strat was to just transmit the blunt force to his organs, which is exactly what punching someone on the chin would accomplish by rattling the brain. Yu even gets a few headshots in and fails to do this, so I think it's just not a skill he trained for
Also what do you think about the other ratings? Is better to simply scale his reaction to subsonic, scaling his combat speed to baseline subsonic or scaling everything to Jean?
Baseline subsonic is fine with the given justification I guess, I don't quite remember how the earlier stuff goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back