• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travel Speed
All characters comparable to Viral, or comparable to those who scale to him, will be rated at Subsonic via moving fast enough to appear as a blur

Characters who scale:
Kamina, who could keep up with Viral in a fight
Simon for same reasons above
Yoko, for slightly being inferior to Adiane, who is superior to Viral
Kittan stated to be Kamina’s rival via the Basic Drill Guidebook’s Person Correlation Diagram

As for Nia, she will be given an “At least Subsonic” rating, because of her superiority towards Yoko regarding travel speed by grabbing a flag before her

Combat & Reaction Speed
Subsonic+ Reactions/Combat Speed is unjustifiable. But instead, Combat & Reaction Speed will fall under Transonic, via this calc which was done by @Migue79
Kamina and Kittan could both dodge arrows

Characters who scale:
Viral; he could keep up in a fight with Kamina
Simon; he fought Viral in prison

Combat & Reaction Speed, Part 2
This part will go through the much faster characters

These set of characters will be given Hypersonic+ Combat Speed/Reactions, via this calc which was also done by Migue79

Characters who scale:
Yoko, who could dodge and guard herself from this tail multiple times
Nia is superior to Yoko in this regard as well as she could split a watermelon in one swing, which Yoko failed to accomplish in multiple swings

As such, Nia will be given an “At least Hypersonic+” rating

Wow, it appears that the women of this verse are faster than the men. Girl power I guess

Attack Speed
Messenger Nia’s energy shots don’t seem to scale to her Reactions/Combat Speed, but it will be put at “At least Transonic Attack Speed“ because of this feat

Summary
New Proposals:
Simon & Kittan: “Subsonic, with Transonic Combat Speed/Reactions”
Viral: “Subsonic, with Transonic Combat Speed/Reactions, Subsonic Attack Speed with Bow”
Kamina: “Subsonic, with Transonic Combat Speed/Reactions, Subsonic+ Attack Speed with Pistol”
Yoko: “Subsonic, with Hypersonic+ Reactions/Combat Speed, Supersonic+ Attack Speed with Superconducting Rifle”
Nia: “At least Subsonic, with at least Hypersonic+ Reactions/Combat Speed, at least Transonic Attack Speed”

Last edited:
I don't know much about this anime but it looks like he tried to shot his weapon 🤷‍♂️😅 don't think that's deflecting...

Kamina in the same episode dodged an arrow point blank, so the feat is consistent
It's not about consistent... Viral didn't deflect the bullet with his speed🤷‍♂️😅 if you point the gun at the weapon and the bullet deflects doesn't make him subsonic...

When I click on the white square links, the site doesn't load for me. Can you provide links another way?

Yeah he isn't deflecting the bullet, the bullet was just shot into the blade

Subsonic via being a blur should still be fine though

Also being called a rival isn't enough to scale unless they mean it in context to physical abilities

Also being called a rival isn't enough to scale unless they mean it in context to physical abilities
In episode 4 he was capable of hurting Kamina, there’s also a moment in the manga where Kittan could dodge an arrow from Viral. So, don’t see how he’s physically inferior to Kamina

Oh sorry, I think we aren't allowed to link piracy sites like ********* here, I was thinking of using a gif or something

But okay, I them being comparable is fine

Oh sorry, I think we aren't allowed to link piracy sites like ********* here, I was thinking of using a gif or something

But okay, I them being comparable is fine
Oh sorry, I will unlink it. I have changed the speed justifications in the op. Simon, Kittan & Viral will be rated as straight up Subsonic, as they are that speed in all aspects
Kamina will be rated as “Subsonic, Subsonic+ Attack Speed with Pistol”
Yoko will be rated as “Subsonic Travel Speed, with Supersonic Reactions/Combat Speed, Supersonic Attack Speed with Superconducting Rifle”
Nia will be rated as “At least Subsonic Travel Speed, with at least Supersonic Reactions/Combat Speed”
Messenger Nia will receive the same rating, along with “At least Subsonic Attack Speed via Energy Shots”

edit: nvm, it was already unlinked

This mostly seems fine to me, but feats of dodging arrows or blocking rifle shots need to be properly calculated before they can be applied.

This mostly seems fine to me, but feats of dodging arrows or blocking rifle shots need to be properly calculated before they can be applied.
In the anime, there’s only one time this arrow is ever shot, and I think it’s extremely difficult for that particular moment to be calced because of the angle, and not knowing where exactly Viral was when he shot it. So I just used the wiki’s Bow speed calc which is Subsonic

I know a lot of bullets in TTGL are like amplified by Spiral power and thus much stronger and faster than typical guns, but not sure how to properly judge them without getting into calc stacking territory.

I think noting they're comparable if not superior to IRL counterparts to base calculations based off them is fine, what's not fine is basically assuming it is Mach X scaling from "It tags characters at said speeds regularly" followed by using that to calculate how fast a character moves compared how fast it was scaled from and the like.

Okay, and is it possible to calculate these or other relevant speed feats in some manner?

The bullets from Yoko’s rifle don’t even seem to be moving anywhere near Supersonic or even Subsonic for that matter. At times there are moments where a bullet almost instantly reaches its target, and times where you can see it actually traveling. So, I think finding a consistent speed rating off of calcs don’t seem to be possible imo

I meant can we calculate how swift they would have to move in order to dodge the bullets, arrows, etcetera via visual evidence?

I meant can we calculate how swift they would have to move in order to dodge the bullets, arrows, etcetera via visual evidence?
Wouldn’t dodging something moving at a certain speed, mean your reaction speed is equal to the travel speed of the former? And the bullets were being blocked, instead of dodged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back