• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. If a car is 20 meters away from yourself, and moves at 50 kilometres an hour, and you move 2 meters to the side to avoid being run over, that would only require a 5 kilometres per hour speed, for example.

No. If a car is 20 meters away from yourself, and moves at 50 kilometres an hour, and you move 2 meters to the side to avoid being run over, that would only require a 5 kilometres per hour speed, for example.
Well then, I’m not even sure, because I know the arrow was incredibly close to Kamina’s face, before he dodged it. But with the angle the scene was at, it’s incredibly difficult to determine stuff like how close the arrow was before he dodged it

Well, we could ask a few calc group members for help if you provide all visual evidence of the feats for them.

Well, all the characters this crt affects already have subsonic travel speed, because of Viral being shown to move so fast, he seemed like a blur

That's not travel 😅 can you show where he was at the beginning?
I’ve uploaded a longer clip here to further emphasize on Viral’s Travel speed. As we can see, right after he lands on the rock, Yoko takes a shot at him, and Viral performs a similar movement to the first time we see him move. The scene after this shows that Viral managed to get to his gunmen within a relatively short timeframe, when you consider the sizes, the distance it took to get to his gunmen, and the fact that Yoko had a tough time shooting Viral. Both were far away from each other, but considering that these bullets move at supersonic speeds, it would take more than superhuman speed to dodge them, just by running

Edit: also, Yoko happens to be repeatedly mentioned/shown throughout the series that she’s a supernatural when it comes to sniping. So, considering that Viral dodged such precise shooting just by running away, is an incredibly impressive feat

Last edited:
I’ve uploaded a longer clip here to further emphasize on Viral’s Travel speed. As we can see, right after he lands on the rock, Yoko takes a shot at him, and Viral performs a similar movement to the first time we see him move. The scene after this shows that Viral managed to get to his gunmen within a relatively short timeframe, when you consider the sizes, the distance it took to get to his gunmen, and the fact that Yoko had a tough time shooting Viral. Both were far away from each other, but considering that these bullets move at supersonic speeds, it would take more than superhuman speed to dodge them, just by running

Edit: also, Yoko happens to be repeatedly mentioned/shown throughout the series that she’s a supernatural when it comes to sniping. So, considering that Viral dodged such precise shooting just by running away, is an incredibly impressive feat
Yee why didn't you just show this clip? 😅 this is much more proof of him being Subsonic travel speed and also his reaction could be Subsonic+ - Transonic

Last edited:
Cool, all that needs to be accepted is the dodging arrows, and blocking a barrage of bullets feat, so that Subsonic and Supersonic Combat Speed/Reactions is okay

Actually I would say Kamina is slower then viral... Kamina could be Superhuman speed
There’s nothing suggesting that Kamina is slower, he just couldn’t keep up with Viral in a fight, because the latter was far more skilled, whereas the former has likely never fought with a sword up until that point. And in episode 6, it is shown that Kamina and Simon were capable of running away from a building sized gunman (which wasn’t even running, but rather walking, it would still take incredible speed to run away from a walking building)

edit: keep in mind, that gunmen was larger than Gurren Lagann

Viral was clearly faster... All kamina could do is defend and use a surprise attack I can't see kamina being the same speed as viral sense he was backing up the whole time while fighting... While skill can make someone faster viral is still literally out pacing kamina...

🤔 maybe but I would say viral has at least reaction speed over kamina... Viral didn't need to use a surprise attack to hit kamina...kamina used a suprise attack and still barely hit viral 🤷‍♂️ barely dodging an arrow vs dodging a sniper bullet...

I could see At most subsonic. But a subsonic would blitz a superhuman, and viral was not blitzing kamina

All characters comparable to Viral, or comparable to those who scale to him, will be rated at Subsonic via moving fast enough to appear as a blur
This isn't proof for anything. Blurring is a common visual effect in anime and doesn't constitute speed without facts or feats backing it up.

🤔 maybe but I would say viral has at least reaction speed over kamina... Viral didn't need to use a surprise attack to hit kamina...kamina used a suprise attack and still barely hit viral 🤷‍♂️
No, I don’t see Viral having reaction speed advantage, I see it as superior skill, which was obviously stated by him

This isn't proof for anything. Blurring is a common visual effect in anime and doesn't constitute speed without facts or feats backing it up.
There’s nothing suggesting it’s just for visual effect, but there is evidence backing up Subsonic travel speed

this

That's not skill.. That's just reaction speed... Either you get faster reaction speed for viral or slower for kamina
How is it not skill? Your reactions can be equal to someone else’s, but someone with training has better analytical prediction, as for someone who’s never fought with a sword at that point, has trouble keeping up with someone who has good technique, and experience

There’s nothing suggesting it’s just for visual effect, but there is evidence backing up Subsonic travel speed

this
The fact that Yoko had a tough time shooting viral was because of the foliage and yes, he has superhuman speed to a degree due to being a beastman. Yoko saying she is a supernatural at sniping doesn't constitute WOG, it's just a character gloating.

In that same gif the bullet has a delay before it reaches and a flash. Viral wouldn't need to simply just be faster than the bullet to react and move, he could just be reacting from his heightened senses as a Beastman to the muzzle flash. Reaction /=/ travel speed.

Traveling to the Gunmen is an interesting point, but the shot itself is very shoddy and not well paneled to indicate distance and depth.

How is it not skill? Your reactions can be equal to someone else’s, but someone with training has better analytical prediction, as for someone who’s never fought with a sword at that point, has trouble keeping up with someone who has good technique, and experience
Kamina used a surprise attack and viral dodged.... If viral used a surprise attack kamina would not be able to dodge since he is already on his back foot

Kamina used a surprise attack and viral dodged.... If viral used a surprise attack kamina would not be able to dodge since he is already on his back foot
Viral has good experience with surprise attacks, and is not a stranger when it comes to them. He knew what to expect from sneak attacks. As mentioned before, he has superior skill, which doesn’t necessarily imply greater reaction speed or anything of the like. They can anticipate the next move just by the way the opponent’s muscle moves

Viral has good experience with surprise attacks, and is not a stranger when it comes to them. He knew what to expect from sneak attacks. As mentioned before, he has superior skill, which doesn’t necessarily imply greater reaction speed or anything of the like. They can anticipate the next move just by the way the opponent’s muscle moves
Viral was going forward while attacking... He was able to stop and move back in time... That's easily faster reaction speed and viral was clearly surprised

The fact that Yoko had a tough time shooting viral was because of the foliage and yes, he has superhuman speed to a degree due to being a beastman. Yoko saying she is a supernatural at sniping doesn't constitute WOG, it's just a character gloating.

In that same gif the bullet has a delay before it reaches and a flash. Viral wouldn't need to simply just be faster than the bullet to react and move, he could just be reacting from his heightened senses as a Beastman to the muzzle flash. Reaction /=/ travel speed.

Traveling to the Gunmen is an interesting point, but the shot itself is very shoddy and not well paneled to indicate distance and depth.
1. She has mentioned that Littner village considers her the best shot in the village. Nia also says that she is a master with the rifle. In the Multiverse Labyrinth (which admittedly isn’t good source), she is mentioned as one of the greatest shots. It is mentioned time and time again throughout the entire series that she’s incredibly skilled. The writers include these moments to make it obvious enough

2. I’m not saying that Viral could react to that. In a crt for Viral’s profile, I mentioned that his senses were incredible, so much so that Yoko was surprised he saw her from up there. So, this doesn’t contradict any of my proposals, rather it is telling me again that he has incredible senses

3. As mentioned before, Yoko is incredibly skilled with sniping, but even Viral is fast enough to outmaneuver these shots. InB4: they were far away from each other, I am aware. But dodging shots moving at Supersonic speeds, just by moving, should be good support for Subsonic travel speed. And the size should be proportional, looking at the scene. Enki is supposed to be 11 meters taller than its pilot

Viral was going forward while attacking... He was able to stop and move back in time... That's easily faster reaction speed and viral was clearly surprised
No, that was actually for visual effect. When you take a look at the moment when Viral got sneak attacked, you can see that they are still around the sliced wall of grass that Kamina created at the beginning of the sword fight. They were indeed fighting in the same position, but you can argue that Viral was pushing him back a little. Even so, pushing someone back doesn’t imply greater reaction speed, just that the skill gap overwhelmed Kamina, and made him take a step back

No, that was actually for visual effect. When you take a look at the moment when Viral got sneak attacked, you can see that they are still around the sliced wall of grass that Kamina created at the beginning of the sword fight. They were indeed fighting in the same position, but you can argue that Viral was pushing him back a little. Even so, pushing someone back doesn’t imply greater reaction speed, just that the skill gap overwhelmed Kamina, and made him take a step back
You need to move forward to hit the opponent... While viral was doing that Kamina used a surprise attack and viral still dodged... Barely dodging an arrow vs dodging a sniper bullet.. Which do you think would have the faster reaction speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back