• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God General Discussion Thread Part 5

Guys, since I learned how to use imgur, I'm thinking in with time to add scans for some AP, durability, speed and range justifications, what do you guys think? But I'll warn you this is going to be a long process, but I promise that the main profiles will certainly have scans

Guys, since I learned how to use imgur, I'm thinking in with time to add scans for some AP, durability, speed and range justifications, what do you guys think? But I'll warn you this is going to be a long process, but I promise that the main profiles will certainly have scans
Data Zahard has a RT, the one I made, and has all scans to his abilities, Data Maschenny as well, and Hell Joe

Thanks, also, with some of this threads I found that everyone who can use shinsoo can heal themselves or others with it
Np, yeah, afterall, how do most chars get gravely injured and some hours later they're alright.
Anak getting pierced through the chest, Ran cuts through Inieta fight, Baam healing from stabbing his stomach (which do bleeds when he does so as seen when fragment Zahard necks grab him)

Honestly, I don't really care that much about ToG anime other than the obvious reason it's an advertisement for people to know the original work and go to the webtoon after watching it, but I at least hope the second season will be at least 24 to 26 episodes if they really adapt from the Return of the Prince Arc to the Workshop Battle Arc, and may Baam's best moments not be cut or watered down like the Season 1 of the anime did, I mean, gosh, I wanted to know who on the adaptation team said it was a good idea cut out Baam's best moments to give Serena more prominence

Honestly, I don't really care that much about ToG anime other than the obvious reason it's an advertisement for people to know the original work and go to the webtoon after watching it, but I at least hope the second season will be at least 24 to 26 episodes if they really adapt from the Return of the Prince Arc to the Workshop Battle Arc, and may Baam's best moments not be cut or watered down like the Season 1 of the anime did, I mean, gosh, I wanted to know who on the adaptation team said it was a good idea cut out Baam's best moments to give Serena more prominence
i think it will either be 26ep or 13ep but go up to hand of arlene and tease season 3

But anyways i am pretty sure we get more serious fights this time around.

We get Baam vs Horyang, Akraptror and Wangnan, Baam vs Love, Baam vs Urek and finally Baam and Xiaxia vs Ran and the other dude who's name i forgor

Here’s an interesting video that could completely change how we scale characters in Tower of God. There’s a lot of good points made too. It’s worth a watch and worth considering. It also would fix a lot of issues (and seems to be lore accurate).

I think the main problem of the """fight""" between Baam and Lilial was the way in which SIU made Baam deal with Lilial, even a person who isn't a hardcore powerscaler knows that the power difference between Current Base Baam and Lilial is so giant it's not even funny, I mean, it is someone who is 6-B+ vs someone who is High 7-C+ (she most likely is stronger than when she was during the Name Hunt Station Arc, but y'all got my example, she still should be a Tier 7 character even two years after the NHS Arc), and you know, he had several ways to deal with her, just stopping her attacks with his hands while suppressing his true power to not hut her by accident or simply using the Fast Skip to make her unable to move like he did against Yihwa in the beginning of Season 2 if he doesn't want to take a risk to hurt her, and besides, Traumerei is smart enough to know that even that a Regular Zahard Princess like Lilial is completely powerless against someone like Baam who was capable of fighting and surving fights against High Rankers if he takes her seriously, and even though Baam """loses""" to Lilial somehow and she shows it to Traumerei, he should easily see that Baam clearly was holding back against Lilial and that it was simply pretense to make Baam not look as strong as he does, which is a stupid idea since Traumerei knows Baam's feats against Rankers and High Rankers during the Last Station Arc and the Nest Arc

Last edited:
Yeah I agree that the way Baam is handling everything doesn’t make too much sense. Traumerei clearly knows Baam can fight High Rankers, so losing purposely to Lilial doesn’t prove anything. Stopping her in multiple different ways should’ve been easy (without hurting her).

Now I’m more curious about the “physical” power scaling since this actually makes sense. Endorsi fighting a weakened Quant with physical prowess only now makes sense if everyone in the tower is only powerful when enhanced by shinsu. Except for those of the great families (who are constantly said to be physically superior anyway, ESPECIALLY the Ha’s).

So it is totally possible that Baam without shinsu is like tier 7 or something while with shinsu he eats Rankers for breakfast.

i just think Bam held back cause he was on a ship and didn't wanna blow it up
The main problem of the last chapter wasn't even the fact that Baam was holding back against Lilial, it's the fact that SIU made Baam deal with her the way he did, he had a lot of ways to do it without looking ridiculous, he could make Baam use the Fast Skip like he did against Yihwa in the beginning of Season 2 to stop her without having to hurt her and other stuff, and besides having used a stupid logic that if Baam defeats Lilial, it would make Traumerei want Baam even more, and if he did otherwise, it would have the opposite effect, which is dumb, as even if Baam purposely lost to Lilial, Traumerei could easily see through it, as Baam fought and survived against Rankers and High Rankers, with Traumerei himself having seen Baam neutralizing an attack from Perseus, a High Ranker who is a Branch Family Head

Yeah, literally the same thing of having ki alert or guard up and down, like it has happened also a lot of times in DB, how's that an insult anyways, having his Ki down with Goku does not contradict lore, yet is not a profile either.
You were being dismissive, “got it”.

But whatever. For Tower of God it simply makes a lot of sense for this to be the case. The Ha family is specifically regarded for their tremendous physical power, which is completely separate from shinsu. Same with Endorsi smashing robots in the workshop (without shinsu). Yet nobody else has feats of doing things like that WITHOUT shinsu.

IIRC there was a comment about Yuri destroying things purely with physical strength and that being a huge deal.

The point is that from the very beginning of the story all the way to the current chapters, this has been consistently shown.

This could also explain why Urek Mazino was harmed by Baam, which normally makes no sense. If Urek is holding back tremendously, then he’s not using shinsu to the fullest potential (which would protect him).

Urek getting hurt makes sense only because it was dura neg and that's best case scenario. Otherwise he is 6-A even without shinsoo as far as i remember the scaling

As I recall, there are some characters whose strength is almost the same even without shinsoo, just like Yuri, Yama, Urek and others, but in the case of Baam and others it seems that their strength decreases drastically, but I think this is irrelevant to the profiles or Vs Threads, since the characters always have Body Reinforcement active when they fight or when they want to use it to other stuff

You know, I always treated the Baam hurting Urek thing like an outlier, I mean, Baam was a 7-C at that time and Urek should be able to tank Piercing Techniques just like Kallavan, Yama and Zahard, and I never took that seriously since I discovered the Outlier word and its meaning

Last edited:
I agree that Urek himself is probably extremely powerful physically regardless.

Also that ultimately this doesn’t really affect the profiles since when they’re fighting shinsu is always being used. Although if there’s a character in the wiki that could remove shinsu then that would be detrimental for some of them.

No need for revisions really. Dbz established that goku can be hurt by a rock when his guard is down and yet he is 4-B. We don't scale characters at random points in their life, we scale them at their peak. We also wouldn't be able to nerf everyone cause we don't truly know how physically strong they actually are without their shinsoo.

No need for revisions really. Dbz established that goku can be hurt by a rock when his guard is down and yet he is 4-B. We don't scale characters at random points in their life, we scale them at their peak. We also wouldn't be able to nerf everyone cause we don't truly know how physically strong they actually are without their shinsoo.
I agree with you, and apart from with the exception of Urek, we don't know how strong other characters are while without using shinsoo to reinforce their body

I’ve always wondered though, since a lot of the people in the Tower are only as strong as they are because of shinsu (and can only use their abilities via shinsu), wouldn’t vs matches taking place outside the Tower make them powerless? Since there’s no shinsu.

I’ve always wondered though, since a lot of the people in the Tower are only as strong as they are because of shinsu (and can only use their abilities via shinsu), wouldn’t vs matches taking place outside the Tower make them powerless? Since there’s no shinsu.
Not only that, but shinsu is also what let's people breathe in the Tower (Yuga/Ren brought this up in Season 1), with ye olde blogposts of Lore going into how Ashule Edwaru (Smith who made 13 Months) was comparing the properties of shinsu to this substance on the outside called "oxygen".

So presumably, any non-Irregulars fighting outside the Tower would not only be depowered, but also start suffocating to death. Obviously we ignore this though, for the sake of having possible match ups.

Back