• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God General Discussion Thread Part 5

Ah, yes. I'm up to date with that one. It's weird that their characters are on this site, but they don't seem to have a verse page.

Also, I love that picture of Evan and Yuri in the OP.

That's suprising, I figured top 10 but #1 by over 2x of #2 is suprising. Though honestly I'm not suprise its so well liked, it set up the presmis of the story very well.

ToG has a lot of fans.

Its the first episode.

Its not thaaaaat surprising.

Glad to hear it, though. May give us more ToG content in the future

After watching the first episode i've been thinking, shouldn't the Administrators have planetary range or something like that? They can teleport people to different floors of the tower after all, an Administrator even teleported Evankhell from floor 2 to floor 46(?).

Yeah, they should.

We can add that to the list of things to add to Ogbu's content revision. Which includes passive madness inducement via shinsoo, and possible NPI if there are examples of it. Along with whatever else they've found.

One more thing, can't we add a "likelly higher" in their AP? The reasoning is that they can control an entire floor. But they are restricted from acting on other floors because of the rules they are likelly even more powerfull but are restricted by the size of the floors.

You guys probably shouldn't wait for me to make the thread, I've been busy with real life stuff, and I have a couple other things on my to do list first.

You're probably better off making a thread yourselves unless you plan on waiting on me for some unidentified time.

I vagualy remember a short comic that delt with Axis, the beings that Phantum is, though I'm pretty sure it didn't have a cohisent story nor do I remember the name of. For a time that's what Phantum's profile was base off of before ending up where it is now.

Now people are startong to talk about evankell's death.

The f**k, she is awesome. Please dont kill her.

Kill Rachel.

There's seems to be a slight difference between the manhwa and the anime with Lero's test, originally it was the big guy that wa complaining but now it's the sniper that compained. i wonder how that will effect the crown game.

Now that I'm actually experienceing this paceing I wouldn't be suprise if most of season 1 was done within 13 episodes, and to be honest I wouldn't be upset by that. A lot of the scenes in season 1 are either the current scene just extending due to the nature of Manga/Manhwa, If one was to actually think of the time spent in the first floor it wouldnt be suprising that it could all be fin within 30 minutes. Or their extra scenes like the Yuri and Evan scene in the middle tower since those are actually extra, as fans of the series we like them due to nostolgia but in terms of showing Bams journey their not really nessacary just extra fillings.

Now if say for example Tower of God was going to be aired like One piece,HxH, or Bleach then yes the paceing would be bad but since it is only 13 episods this pacing would be more then enough.

Season 1 was really hard for me to like when I was first reading the webtoon, it dragged a lot and Bam was really boring, then again, Season 1 is basically the prologue, mid-way through Season 2 and Season 3 is where the series really got good

Season one was stuctured as such due to their not being much interms of content, the entier season is placed within two floors since floor two is the intro stage to the Tower so there would natrually be a lot of slow periods. Season two was when things started to pick up once a lot more elements was being introduced so the story didn't need to be exteneded or slowed down in order for things to filled.

I think season one survived for so long is due to the fact that it added so many world building elements to it, allowing the readers to see a glimps of what's to come and such have their intersts peaked as the season continued, the consistant glimpes of Rankers power, the general higherachry of the levels of power, the glimps within the workings of the Jahad's faction. I for one got very excited when Yuri showed up during the position test.

Enryu The Red Tower said:
@El Directo001

I understand what you mean, but, I have already drawn my conclusions, I will not continue to watch the anime, I already gave up

Enryu The Red Tower said:
I thought of giving it another chance and I watched episode 2, I really liked it, especially the pure shinsoo animation and Lero-Ro's voice, so I will continue to watch the anime
Thinkingface
(C) - PaChi2.

Haha its a good thing @enryu decided to continue watching the anime, The anime needs a lot of support so i'm glad.

Btw guys, FEATS FEATS FEATS!!! We got some good anime feats that could be used for BOS characters and their profiles. The two impressive feats that caught my eyes are from the fight with hatsu & anak.

We got anak busting/pulverizing a building size rock with EASE and hatsu casually deflecting such an attack easily. We didn't get this in the manhwa and I think its a good feat for BOS regulars. Not to mention if calced, it should yield a value a good bit above building level at the very least:

[[1]]

[[2]]

[[3]]

[[4]]

And then the feats get even better. At the end of their skirmish we saw them create a large crater, but what's even more impressive about this feat is the vaporization from the crater. U can see steam/vapor literally coming out from the crater and even the sound effects literally says SSHHHH(like steam). I believe if this is calced it should yield good results, vaporization always yield good results. I don't expect this feat to be anyless than city block(at the very least):

[[5]]

So what do u guys think?

Can it be calced? can our BOS regulars finally get some upgrades?

Sorry to rain on the parade, but there's some problems with that.

1. We can't use anime feats, because they're considered non-canon material. At best we can only use the same feats that have appeared in the webtoon, but were made more clear in the anime.
  2. The Rock destruction thing, will probably only be 9-B, I wouldn't hope for anything higher than 9-B+/at best 9-A.
  3. We don't know how the crater was made, or how long it took, or even if it was a single thing or multiple attacks, so it can't be used. And even if we do assume it was a single attack, it wouldn't be vaporization since smoke =/= vaporization, you'd need explicit showings and/or statements in order to count for that.

Yikes that's a shame. I didn't know anime feats can't be added to their profiles. My bad. Btw, it was indeed vaporization. We can literally hear the sound of the vapor coming from the crater going shhhh....oh well, it doesn't matter anyways.

So regardless of how many more impressive feats we get from the anime in the future, are we just gon ignore them all?

I got a question if Shinsoo can cause madness/fear with level for those who can't resist the effects than why don't characters have the abilities with Shinsoo like Lero-Ro's with Shinsoo?

They should. I'm planning on making a CRT in the future about that and other things that are missing. But not sure when that's gonna be, since I've got a lot of other stuff to do before it, so if anyone wants to make it, they're welcome to.

Back