• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou's Outdated 6-C Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So I was just checking through random page button and come across this:

Old-ass calc regarding Light Speed KE standards, so I asked @DMUA if anything was wrong with said calc, and apparently it doesn't follow our Kinetic Energy Feats standards, therefore it's likely invalid to gain a tier off of

@Amelia_Lonelyheart also says calc-stacking may be involved in this, and @Dargoo_Faust dismissed the entire feat as invalid as it uses an attack name as literal

So I think discussion may be needed for this

Well... this thread would still be needed over the discussion of the replacing feats ig

Also Dargoo also says to oof the Speed rating derived from this because the feat itself is extremely invalid, that DEFINITELY needs discussion :V

Yis

Said ice was in the same frame as a light attack, and they used KE from that

It seems like this has been accepted, but we need some other feat(s) to calculate instead.

Should I call the Touhou supporters here for suggestions?

The attack names and descriptions do not change the fact that those attacks act nothing like light and shouldn't be considered as moving at light speed. The calc was either made before we had solid light reaction standards or just ignored whatever standards there were at the time.

The attack names and descriptions do not change the fact that those attacks act nothing like light and shouldn't be considered as moving at light speed. The calc was either made before we had solid light reaction standards or just ignored whatever standards there were at the time.
I mean, I'm being Devil's Advocate here, but if an attack is stated to move "at the speed of light" (And I use this term explictly, not just "is light") then it should be considered as such even if it doesn't behave like realistic light. Unless there are other feats to indicate otherwise.

I mean, I'm being Devil's Advocate here, but if an attack is stated to move "at the speed of light" (And I use this term explictly, not just "is light") then it should be considered as such even if it doesn't behave like realistic light. Unless there are other feats to indicate otherwise.
Which doesn't apply here since there were no quotes on the blog that directly said those attacks move at the SoL.

Just FYI, this implies that both the speed ratings and the Tier is bullshit if this isn't accepted. I have notified some supporters like @Saikou_The_Lewd_King @Promestein @Junkoposter @CrimsonStarFallen prior on Discord, and if this thread goes dead after a significant while, the calc is rejected and the implication is that the verse is dead.

I'll straight up head to the Profile Deletion thread and get these deleted. This isn't exactly minor revision being proposed here

Can't use ftl ke regardless of whether or not the light is legit. Since there's no link to the feat, I can't tell if the light is legit or not for the speed rating. Due to the absence of evidence, I'll default to a no.

Okay, so I went through the whole verse and put the touhou people into 3 categores: Pure 6-Cs (plus a 10-B), 6-Cs with other keys, and non 6-Cs. Non 6-Cs aren't affected by this besides in terms of speed, so I'll not list them. If nothing is going to be done, no other feats are found or whatever, pure 6-Cs would be deleted. 6-Cs with other keys would lose the 6-C key and there would be a note placed on the file that it is specifically for whatever iteration formerly was the other key. So without further ado:

So that's sixty-three profiles that would be deleted if nothing changes. That is quite a lot.

Some other stuff:
Given one of the files saying that average humans are superior to average fairies and that there is literally one 6-C feat that isn't 6-C, that seems reaaaaaaaaly outliery. Seems like poor practice to scale one feat to 75 different things with nothing else to support it.
I'm really not a fan of a lot of the justifications given to scale within this verse, but I also don't care enough about touhou to get really in to it to make changes on that front. Would need to piggyback off someone else's revision.
VIVIT just straight up does not have justifications and should also be deleted.

Maybe start with the deletions if no word is heard within a week from now, not even an "I'm busy now wait".

Wasnt that calc done wi5h the game physics to how it treats light? Similarly to Smash with treating Pikachus Thunder?

You're acting like Smash has an amazing track record with its calc, and even ignoring that, Pikachu's bolts are still lightning bolt sthat act somewhat reminiscent and don't break other calc standards as well

If nothing else I guess stuff like the ice creation could be calculated (whatever happened to separating heat and KE again?), though it would be tier 9.

I'd assume they would still likely default to 9-B since attacks involve throwing human sized objects at others?

If this is a downgrade, then the next best feat would be to calculate her freezing a lake alongside some animal and plant life

The pikachu thing shouldn't be used either tbh

"I'd assume they would still likely default to 9-B since attacks involve throwing human sized objects at others?"

I mean I've thrown people before, and I'm 10-A.

63 pages? Oof. In any case I agree with this calc being removed. Even ignoring the faults with assuming it's lightspeed. And ignoring that it's calc stacking, I'm pretty sure that Cirno's ice moving at the speed of Okuu's attacks in this context is 100% game mechanics anyway. I'll look at the other characters and see if I find anything else to scale them from. With so many characters involved there must be something that comes up.

But from what I know about the lore I'm geniunely very doubtful that any of those characters will scale to anything remotely close to Tier 6.

I was planning to do something like this, even the Touhou debators that where on G+ always thought 6-C was wank.

There is a 7-B calc of Cirno freezing a lake on another wiki, but that's old and likely outdated, mostly due to the freezing can't be used or smth

I think in the worst case scenario all the doubtful statistics should just be changed to unknown instead of the pages being deleted though, most of those characters still have decent hax that makes them worthy of having a page.

Nah, I'd rather delete them than having 63 pages which list both speed, attack potency, striking strength and durability as unknown based off sheer laziness of the fanbase on wiki because I know they will mever be updated.

I was planning to do something like this, even the Touhou debators that where on G+ always thought 6-C was wank.

There is a 7-B calc of Cirno freezing a lake on another wiki, but that's old and likely outdated, mostly due to the freezing can't be used or smth
Why is Cirno always the one with the feats?
Can I see the calc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back