• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

It seems the goat (The creator of KKHTA) is back. I can finally mark one more thing off my bucket list and die in peace.

Heh.
image.png

Semi-related, this stream gave me one of the weirdest confirmations of canon I've seen yet. As seen here (and in the above screenshot), they had a display of all the official Touhou print works lined up.

Except uh
one issue
IMG_2815.png

That's the Dengeki Playstation Touhou guidebook, being listed side-by-side with official works. So uh, I guess it's just canon now?

1. SCoOW is out, should hopefully be on its way to my house in a day or so. Have some screenshots courtesy of an oomfie of mine in the meantime:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

SPOILER_image.png

SPOILER_image.png

SPOILER_image.png

2. I am suffering.
image.png

So, if this goes at a good enough pace, when do you think you'd be able to get the first part out when it comes to CRTs and whatnot (and getting more proof for pre existing arguments/scans?)

So, if this goes at a good enough pace, when do you think you'd be able to get the first part out when it comes to CRTs and whatnot (and getting more proof for pre existing arguments/scans?)
Honestly, even though I said May/June this year, it's looking to be more like August/September this year. It absolutely shouldn't start in 2025 though, that's the deadline I'm setting for myself (although starting the revisions in Touhou's 30th anniversary year IS pretty tempting). Really, it depends on how freely I can spend my money, how long it takes to get guidebooks shipped and translated, and how quickly I can work relative to new content coming out.

Oh yeah, turns out Fragment of Phantasy might be coming back too?? I saw zero mention of this in any coverage of SCoOW prior to release, so I'm a little skeptical, but the Chinese wiki lists it in the table of contents, so it could be real. Granted, I have no idea what games it'd cover (probably 18 and 19?), but I'm excited regardless. Will give an update on this once the wiki adds the raws or my own copy gets here (which is about 2-7 days away).
image.png

Oh yeah, turns out Fragment of Phantasy might be coming back too?? I saw zero mention of this in any coverage of SCoOW prior to release, so I'm a little skeptical, but the Chinese wiki lists it in the table of contents, so it could be real. Granted, I have no idea what games it'd cover (probably 18 and 19?), but I'm excited regardless. Will give an update on this once the wiki adds the raws or my own copy gets here (which is about 2-7 days away).
image.png
What about the special 3?

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara Hey fuji, since I feel you have indexed too much content and would answer almost any question about Touhou, Rumors like Kaguya and Mokou being 'too strong' to be in the game and Gouyoku ibun being the last fighting game are true? I wonder if they have some kind of source if they are true.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara Hey fuji, since I feel you have indexed too much content and would answer almost any question about Touhou, Rumors like Kaguya and Mokou being 'too strong' to be in the game and Gouyoku ibun being the last fighting game are true? I wonder if they have some kind of source if they are true.
17.5 being the last fighter is bullshit. I've never heard anything about that.

About Mokou and Kaguya being too strong though, the source is this interview (with a more informative breakdown being found here), which doesn't actually say that at all. So uh, it's ultimately just a rumor lol

Yeah, don't mind ZUN's statements as such, otherwise we wouldn't have the likes of Hecatia by now. ("Watatsuki Sisters Are Too Strong To Be Added" Incident.)
Rumors like Kaguya and Mokou being 'too strong' to be in the game and Gouyoku ibun being the last fighting game are true? I wonder if they have some kind of source if they are true.
Actually, I just remembered that a statement like this does exist, but for Sanae of all characters.
image.png

Actually, I just remembered that a statement like this does exist, but for Sanae of all characters.
image.png
that doesn't include the watatsuki sisters In which interview did ZUN say that? Also, if I remember correctly, ZUN on 2 occasions implied and said that Reimu was the strongest or the strongest of Gensokyo, please confirm if they are true bc i dont remember anymore where he said those things (i know Reimu is not the strongest in the scaling chain pls don't kill me)

image.png

image.png

image.png

Current state of the revisions. SCoOW will be finished (again) soon, and Dengeki Playstation is not far behind. 3/6 unfinished games will be covered by other people (whose help I am eternally grateful for), and I should be able to get back into Yamada-kun soon.

Just wanna ask this before making an actual thread on it because i wanna know if its a stomp or not lol
Reimu Hakurei vs Sailor Moon, both starting in 2-C (Well, Moon does anyways), both have access to everything (Reimu gets Optional Equip lol), speed equalized, SBA for everything else
Moon's Profile, anyways-

(yes i am sober dont worry)

jesus christ i hate the way sailor moon profiles are written

Anyways, 4D passive power null exists. As does heavily layered passive fate/probability hax that works on acausals. And instant reactive evolution that also grants infinite stat amping. So uh, maybe refrain from doing Reimu matches in general.

Back