• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Mhm. While I'm unsure of scaling real selves to their dream self's regen (as that'd encompass the regeneration of the living spirit, which is uh.... a very high degree of HGR), they can still regenerate their spirit and physical body, which by itself is more than enough for HGR.
Finally, Mokou will be almost unkillable and since you mention HGR, since Youkai eventually get HGR would that mean that the regen negation of Reimu and maybe other characters naturally become HG lol?

Finally, Mokou will be almost unkillable and since you mention HGR, since Youkai eventually get HGR would that mean that the regen negation of Reimu and maybe other characters naturally become HG lol?
Mhm. The HGR negation layers are gonna be really funny. Oddly enough, Flandre being able to kill Satori but not Yuuma means that Yuuma is, as of now, the most difficult-to-kill character in the entire series, even without her passive attack absorption.

I'm trying to cook on the NA&T sections, but I'm running into a small issue - My plan is to get images and footage of every appearance of every skill card and spell card, and put them in a gallery for each page (not sure if I want to do one separate gallery per spell card or one big, cluttered gallery at the bottom; leaning towards the former). However, the issue is that while high quality footage of many spell cards does exist, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to make gifs out of them, which is what I was planning. So if anybody knows how to amend this, advice would be highly appreciated.

I'm trying to cook on the NA&T sections, but I'm running into a small issue - My plan is to get images and footage of every appearance of every skill card and spell card, and put them in a gallery for each page (not sure if I want to do one separate gallery per spell card or one big, cluttered gallery at the bottom; leaning towards the former). However, the issue is that while high quality footage of many spell cards does exist, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to make gifs out of them, which is what I was planning. So if anybody knows how to amend this, advice would be highly appreciated.
you can download a part of youtube video as a clip with this, then convert the video to gif with this

The lower frame rates and video quality are gonna make me kms holy shit

I'm gonna find a better way even if it kills me.
other than using those 2 sites above, sometimes I use a discord bot to make a GIF from a short clip starting with grabbing a video with the youtube clip function and convert it to GIF with also a discord bot
iirc notsobot can grab and convert video from youtube clip links and convert video to GIF as well

Okay, I figured it out, I think? Does this look like a decent format? I can't figure out how to get captions working, though, which could be a problem elsewhere.
image.png

The link labeled AoCF is just a Youtube link to a higher-quality version of the spell card. I intend to do this for every appearance of every spell card.

Nvm, fixed it. By the way, I'm sure I've asked this before, but is this a good way to organize the NA&T sections? I'm doing something similar for equipment.
will the NA&T sections be covered with new info or will the typical info be maintained? , such as the fact that Yukari cannot create gaps on the moon or in the Moriya temple (does those things still hold?)

will the NA&T sections be covered with new info or will the typical info be maintained? , such as the fact that Yukari cannot create gaps on the moon or in the Moriya temple (does those things still hold?)
It'll be heavily updated with all the information I can fit in there. Every spell card appearance, every notable use and caveat of every ability, every relevant image, you get the idea. A lot of them are filled with misinformation that needs to be addressed, or are simply missing info.

One last formatting thing. For spell cards with multiple variations, I'll be listing the "main" spell card, with the variants being listed underneath it, like so.
image.png

The Master Spark gallery is going to be quite long, if you couldn't tell.

without ig since it's just for hiding 2 scans
Well, there'll be a lot more scans. Like maybe 20-ish? But the problem with that is that I'd have to apply spoiler tabs to every spell card, even the ones with far less images, for consistency's sake. So it's a choice between "flood the profile with a bunch of unnecessary spoiler tabs" or "make each gallery unreasonably long and hard to read".

Ig I could try using a scrollbox when necessary?

One last formatting thing. For spell cards with multiple variations, I'll be listing the "main" spell card, with the variants being listed underneath it, like so.
image.png

The Master Spark gallery is going to be quite long, if you couldn't tell.
hey, about that thing on FDS ...Did Marisa successfully cast the Master Spark on Flandre??? Didn't Flandre blitzed or dodged it ?

First of all, I've changed the discussion thread title, since I'm probably not gonna make a new one and this one is gonna last forever (I hope).

SECOND OF ALL,

We have our first look at the content of the new SCoOW, including the ability card interview (which includes a breakdown of each ability card!) and the new CoLA chapter. CoLA is gonna be focused on AI, following the themes present in Touhou 19, so I'm very excited to see how ZUN expands upon this concept.

As for new stuff, there'll be a comprehensive article covering Touhou 19, as well as a lengthy interview with ZUN regarding the game. There will also be a third interview with ZUN talking about the impact of the Coronavirus epidemic, as well as a review of Rainbow Septentrion with some new Renmerry art by Mizutaki. As usual, there will also be a number of derivative works towards the end, and Akimaki seems to be doing a number of pre-order bonuses (I got my copy from Rakuten so I get nothing, RIP).

And speaking of derivative works, Aya Azuma is working on a new doujin called SPELL (no details as of yet), and there's also Ladies of the Scarlet Devil Mansion by Risui, whose art is always excellent.

No Who's Who btw, but this issue looks like it'll have a lot of interesting stuff in it regardless. Here's hoping SCoOW goes back to a regular publication schedule instead of going on hiatus for another 3 years.

Back