• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers verse upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are being way too fussy. If you take a look at this, Takemichi's punch doesn't seem that much slower than Taiju's, even though Taiju should be more than 30 times faster.
It actually isn't faster to be honest. What's the accepted difference for both of them? Seems that the wiki accepts them as being the same? Yeah seems accurate with the portrayal here.

What exactly did he do wrong here ? Forgive me for being confused but I really don't understand how he or she did a bad job at potraying a speed difference.
Because as Dale said having a 30 x speed difference means he would have blitzed his opponent and the goons before the other guy could blink. Instead the only thing portrayed was an ap difference and to be fair the guy got hit straight in the jaw.

So here's what we have, mind you dtaff votes matter the most but you're still welcome to give votes but I'd recommend severly pinging more staff as you actually need to to even get this accepted at all

Option 1: Subsonic+ combat speed with Supersonic+ Reaction
Agree: @Dalesean027, @Arnoldstone18

Option 2: Supersonic+ short burst movement speed with Subsonic+ combat speeds and reactions
Agree: @ShadowSythez

Option 3: nothing changes and the feat is ruled an outlier
Agreed: @Zefra3011

Option 4: Supersonic+ combat speeds and Reactions
Agree:
I'm confused, it's clearly a reaction feat, but these characters are known to punch and kick faster than they can move like that, I'm leaning to 4

Mind you all this is what actual hypersonic feats look like

You're able to cover several kilometers in a second at those speeds like you see here

Because as Dale said having a 30 x speed difference means he would have blitzed his opponent and the goons before the other guy could blink. Instead the only thing portrayed was an ap difference and to be fair the guy got hit straight in the jaw.
I do not understand your point. The character who save the other character seems to be in a chair and tied up so it isn't possible for him to blitz his opponent. Or are we talking about different things ?

So the difference calculations give don't matter?
That'd be hidden calc stacking using calculated results to try and argue higher feats than what are presented so yes, he needs to in narrative have hypersonic feats
Mind you all this is what actual hypersonic feats look like

You're able to cover several kilometers in a second at those speeds like you see here

Something crazy like this, since you're arguing he's 5x faster than bullets which means he can cover 50m in the time it takes a bullet to move 10m

I do not understand your point. The character who save the other character seems to be in a chair and tied up so it isn't possible for him to blitz his opponent. Or are we talking about different things ?
I don't agree that he could do it basically yes. It's a common troupe that he did it but the feat coming for it shouldn't be applied. Also I'm kinda iffy on him not moving when the bat was at the air but rather at the last moment. The reasons are not enough.

So here's what we have, mind you dtaff votes matter the most but you're still welcome to give votes but I'd recommend severly pinging more staff as you actually need to to even get this accepted at all

Option 2: Supersonic+ short burst movement speed with Subsonic+ combat speeds and reactions

Agreed: @Zefra3011

Agree: @MorrisHatesYou @CorbinMLG
Option 1 or 3 for me with stronger support for 3.

Its moving several kilometers in under 1.5s for each of these feats i.e hypersonic
Damn that does show just how ridiculous the speeds being talked about here are. In one second the character should cross several city blocks.

Do you have proof of this ?
Its moving several kilometers in under 1.5s for each of these feats i.e hypersonic
I don't see it sorry.
I don't agree that he could do it basically yes. It's a common troupe that he did it but the feat coming for it shouldn't be applied. Also I'm kinda iffy on him not moving when the bat was at the air but rather at the last moment. The reasons are not enough.
Your points make 0 sense to me sorry.

Common sense, Mikey's kick should be faster than that Chifuyu's movement.
Buddy option 4 and every other option instead of option 2 means he has regular human movement speeds so Mikey's kick being faster could mean simply superhuman to FTE to FTL it doesn't matter that's a non statement and dies nothing to support option 4

I

Agreed: @Zefra3011 @Serlock_Holmes

Agree: @MorrisHatesYou @CorbinMLG
I'm gonna vote for option 4 here.

Can we rename the title to Tokyo revengers verse upgrade as well please, like we all get what it is

Agreed: @Zefra3011 @Serlock_Holmes @Dalesean027

Agree: @MorrisHatesYou @CorbinMLG @Dinozxd
I VOTE FOR OPTION N3.

1) If it's considered valid, this feat is a clear outlier. Chifuyu would turn out to be superior to Baji,Ryusei and Kojiro and not by a small margin...but enough for a speedblitz and this is not the only problem

- I do not find it correct to use the swing speed of a professional player's bat. That speed is executed using the swing (a very precise technique used in batting). A normal, random down swing without technique cannot achieve the same speed that professional hitters achieve through a series of specific movements and stances. (In the examples shown on "your" site the highest velocity is 96 MPH, I don't understand why you used 107.8. There's probably something I didn't read right.)

- In the feat Chfuyu would snap behind Kojiro to appear in front of him, but when he tries to attack him at a shorter distance he is easily blocked by a random NPC initially distant from Kojiro

- This type of feat is shown on the calculations page under 3.4 (Evading Punches). The point I made above shows that the feat of calculation is an exaggeration, an anomaly, and as a real-world feat not usable ( reported in the first point)

- Chifuyu would be able to blitz Kojiro, Baji and Ryusei from bound, these characters are subsonic+ while Chifuyu supersonic+ with nerfs

- The characters would have supersonic+ reaction but are unable to dodge projectiles that are 4 times slower than them. This happens to characters faster than Chifuyu. Here some guns used in TR ( Izana and Draken dying to save their friends who can dodge those blows from bound like Chifuyu. i propose to put the intelligence of character profiles at mindless)

- the feat would be superior to Mikey's best full DI feat ( this is more of a laugh rather than being a real point)

2) this seems to me an alternative way of "legalized calc stacking".

3) If verse supporters agree I would edit Kojiro's profile. He has no feats that make him comparable to Baji. Kojiro is put Ko with a single hit by Ryusei that is comparable/stronger than Chifuyu and Baji did not seem to be serious in their fight

Last edited:
Okay so this thread is really tiring so I'm going to unfollow if it continues to get nowhere.
I VOTE FOR OPTION N3.

1) If it's considered valid, this feat is a clear outlier. Chifuyu would turn out to be superior to Baji,Ryusei and Kojiro and not by a small margin...but enough for a speedblitz and this is not the only problem

- I do not find it correct to use the swing speed of a professional player's bat. That speed is executed using the swing (a very precise technique used in batting). A normal, random down swing without technique cannot achieve the same speed that professional hitters achieve through a series of specific movements and stances. (In the examples shown on "your" site the highest velocity is 96 MPH, I don't understand why you used 107.8. There's probably something I didn't read right.)

- In the feat Chfuyu would snap behind Kojiro to appear in front of him, but when he tries to attack him at a shorter distance he is easily blocked by a random NPC initially distant from Kojiro

- This type of feat is shown on the calculations page under 3.4 (Evading Punches). The point I made above shows that the feat of calculation is an exaggeration, an anomaly, and as a real-world feat not usable ( reported in the first point)

- Chifuyu would be able to blitz Kojiro, Baji and Ryusei from bound, these characters are subsonic+ while Chifuyu supersonic+ with nerfs

- The characters would have supersonic+ reaction but are unable to dodge projectiles that are 4 times slower than them. This happens to characters faster than Chifuyu. Here some guns used in TR ( Izana and Draken dying to save their friends who can dodge those blows from bound like Chifuyu. i propose to put the intelligence of character profiles at mindless)

- the feat would be superior to Mikey's best full DI feat ( this is more of a laugh rather than being a real point)

2) this seems to me an alternative way of "legalized calc stacking".

3) If verse supporters agree I would edit Kojiro's profile. He has no feats that make him comparable to Baji. Kojiro is put Ko with a single hit by Ryusei that is comparable/stronger than Chifuyu and Baji did not seem to be serious in their fight
If it's considered valid, this feat is a clear outlier. Chifuyu would turn out to be superior to Baji,Ryusei and Kojiro and not by a small margin...but enough for a speedblitz and this is not the only problem
I decided to look into the series a little bit and found out that Chifuyu is actually one of the fastest runners in his gang. Although I do think your point makes sense so I'm leaning towards your side.
I do not find it correct to use the swing speed of a professional player's bat. That speed is executed using the swing (a very precise technique used in batting). A normal, random down swing without technique cannot achieve the same speed that professional hitters achieve through a series of specific movements and stances. (In the examples shown on "your" site the highest velocity is 96 MPH, I don't understand why you used 107.8. There's probably something I didn't read right.)
I think the fact that these characters are 'superhuman' makes this point a little flawed. The difference between a human and a person who is capable of moving at subsonic+ speeds is alot larger then you think so I'm inclined to disagree.
Yes that makes sense.
This type of feat is shown on the calculations page under 3.4 (Evading Punches). The point I made above shows that the feat of calculation is an exaggeration, an anomaly, and as a real-world feat not usable ( reported in the first point)
I disagree. I really do think its plot induced stupidity that the character can get kicked when he's capable of moving at those speeds. I'm now leaning out of my option 2 stance and going for option 1.
The characters would have supersonic+ reaction but are unable to dodge projectiles that are 4 times slower than them. This happens to characters faster than Chifuyu. Here some guns used in TR ( Izana and Draken dying to save their friends who can dodge those blows from bound like Chifuyu. i propose to put the intelligence of character profiles at mindless)
Having supersonic+ reactions means you can react to supersonic things. It does not mean you can move at supersonic+ speeds. Also do you have proof these characters are faster then Chifuyu ? From my research it seems Chifuyu is considered very fast.

The rest of your points are confusing but I guess I will be option 1 or 3.

I mean I still don’t see why Chifuyu can’t scale to literal Baji and the rest.

But I’ll get back to all this when i have time.

I mean I still don’t see why Chifuyu can’t scale to literal Baji and the rest.

But I’ll get back to all this when i have time.
Well according to them he's not relative half the time but is the other half

No offense but didn't we just have a staff thread fixing the Tokyo Revengers calcs and ratings? 😭
I mean... what do you expect?
No one of the active supporters commented, only MysticCarnage (Vapourrrr) did and not by saying something that could help with the calcs but more for saying I was wrong for making it staff only so I could force my "bad points" without even explaining why I was actually wrong, Arnoldstone was the only one who commented proposing his idea for the distance in the Taiju kick which at the end got used instead of mine, what I mean is that it was better if the other supporters would have wrote a good text explaining their idea for the calcs too since the purpose of the thread was to fix the calcs and not necessarly downgrade all of them as someone might have thought, I pushed 2 calcs with a supersonic+ end, they were rejected true... but maybe with some help something else could have been used, who knows?
At this point I just think the supporters only wants higher results and have Mikey MFTL+, the only thread they partecipate are when the topic is a speed downgrade so they can try to keep the results as they are or when the speed might be upgraded like this one, when the topic is "fixing the verse" only me and Arnold wrote in order to help with the calc and that says a lot, I strongly believe they just saw it as a complete downgrade from the beginning and decided to ignore it since they couldn't go against the staff or something like that, I can't really know but calcs and threads were made during the staff only thread and nothing got shared that's all I know and I don't think is a good thing, it kinda says TR supporters didn't directly want to cooperate in a big revision like that one...
Vapourrrr made a thread for the use of the momentum for the Taiju kick while the staff only thread was up and when I asked them to comment there proposing that method this is what I got.
I saw many TR calcs and still no one shared them and I lost hope in asking them to write in the thread so they could share the calc here.
I also should mention that this calc has been added to the verse since it was accepted (months ago) but it just shows people ignored the thread and preferred to work on their own since a "How is this calc?" wouldn't have hurt.
If someone would have wrote last minute in the thread saying why the calcs we did were wrong and the CGMs would have agreed with him I would have redone all the calcs by myself, but yk, it's hard to get viewpoints when people just decided to ignore it.

Edit: also since you wanted to do things after the staff only thread ignoring it I want to say good luck, many CGMs and staff members want to say away from TR topics, you should have done something when you could, you still can, sure, but it will be harder to be heared. (oh yeah this thread already has >150 comments in less than 24h)

Last edited:
Having supersonic+ reactions means you can react to supersonic things. It does not mean you can move at supersonic+ speeds. Also do you have proof these characters are faster then Chifuyu ? From my research it seems Chifuyu is considered very fast.
Reaction speed is the ability to make a movement in given a time frame, this speed is logically relative to your perception. So these characters should very easily see these bullets and be able to dodge but they dont...(the example used on this wiki is dodging a bullet) Or do we prefer to make sense of any inconsistency by saying that it's P.I.S. ? P.I.S. is consistent when a character fails to perform a feat that is common to him and not a feat that exceeds the attack speed of the god tier of the verse

I didn't provide evidence for superiority because,usually those who participate in this thread know TR,but I think anyone here can confirm that Chifuyu is slower than those characters.

I think the fact that these characters are 'superhuman' makes this point a little flawed. The difference between a human and a person who is capable of moving at subsonic+ speeds is alot larger then you think so I'm inclined to disagree.
the fact that they are superhuman is not a sufficient or valid justification,following this logic, any calculation would have as a valid premise: since the character easily exceeds "certain standards," it is valid to use an assumed speed that he or she could reach normally. As I said it is something like calc stacking. without good context behind a feat or that the speed of the attack is stated, that number is your assumption. As you can also see, a subsonic character would take very little time to become supersonic

Oh my lord...
as you can see I asked about editing a character profile but no one has said anything yet. When it was always about editing in the most appropriate way. instead I, Zefra and others were called : "downgraders" by a supporter who was apparently banned ( the new supersonic calc was made by Zefra ).

Reaction speed is the ability to make a movement in given a time frame, this speed is logically relative to your perception. So these characters should very easily see these bullets and be able to dodge but they dont...(the example used on this wiki is dodging a bullet) Or do we prefer to make sense of any inconsistency by saying that it's P.I.S. ? P.I.S. is consistent when a character fails to perform a feat that is common to him and not a feat that exceeds the attack speed of the god tier of the verse

I didn't provide evidence for superiority because,usually those who participate in this thread know TR,but I think anyone here can confirm that Chifuyu is slower than those characters.

the fact that they are superhuman is not a sufficient or valid justification,following this logic, any calculation would have as a valid premise: since the character easily exceeds "certain standards," it is valid to use an assumed speed that he or she could reach normally. As I said it is something like calc stacking. without good context behind a feat or that the speed of the attack is stated, that number is your assumption. As you can also see, a subsonic character would take very little time to become supersonic

as you can see I asked about editing a character profile but no one has said anything yet. When it was always about editing in the most appropriate way. instead I, Zefra and others were called : "downgraders" by a supporter who was apparently banned ( the new supersonic calc was made by Zefra ).

No. Reaction speed does not go hand in hand with movement. You can react to something but not be able to move to stop it. For example you see a car coming towards you. You may be able to see the car but might not be able to move in time to dodge it, if the car is going at subsonic speeds then you have subsonic reaction speed and nothing else. I don't know if I explained that correctly (sorry its 5 am here).
I think it is. You have to assume things in every single calculation and the assumption that a superhuman can swing a baseball bat at the same speed as a pro player is low, I would assume that a superhuman who is on the same caliber as someone who can hit with 18 kilojoules of force (the person scales to wall level so I assume they scale to this feat ?) would swing a baseball bat at much faster speeds.
I do not know about the lore behind tokyo revengers scalers and whether or not they act in bad faith to you guys so I will not comment on this.

No. Reaction speed does not go hand in hand with movement. You can react to something but not be able to move to stop it. For example you see a car coming towards you. You may be able to see the car but might not be able to move in time to dodge it, if the car is going at subsonic speeds then you have subsonic reaction speed and nothing else. I don't know if I explained that correctly (sorry its 5 am here).
Your example is a perception time thing, you might see something and still you won't react to it, reaction is more like this: someone is punching you > you see the punch coming > you need 0,2 s in order to say "oh shit a punch is going to hit me, better dodge this > you dodge it / the punch lands in the 0,2 s so you won't dodge it because you don't have time to react, if you don't move after seeing the car is because the car reached you before you could react properly, nothing to do with movement speed, so yeah a supersonic+ character can normally react to things which are supersonic+ like sniper shots, the characters unable to dodge bullets which are normally 380-450 m/s when a supersonic reaction should already be able to properly react to them especially when the bullets are usually shot from several meters away... the verse has Senju with an actual supersonic reaction (404 m/s) since she is able to dodge South DI punches which should be relative to DI Mikey Kicks which are in fact supersonic, still the bullet she wasn't able to react was 450 m/s so should be fine to keep his reaction at 404 m/s, but if her reaction was supersonic+ (as the option 1 suggests) she should have seen that bullet in slow motion, Draken had to save both her and Takemichi implying she couldn't have done much by her own, in general I disagree with any reaction superior to a low end supersonic, 404 m/s is fine but they already have problems in dealing with a 450 m/s speed so we shouldn't push it higher.

Last edited:
Actually, this still hasn't been explained very well. Reaction speed is simply the time it takes for us to respond to something that happens. I can see a car moving at subsonic speed, but that doesn't mean my reaction speed is subsonic. They're not directly related. It's about how quickly we respond to an object at a given time. If a car has moved 3 meters at subsonic speed, that would give you a reaction speed of only 3/34.3 = 0.087 seconds (Peak Human). This is different from if you could instantly react to a car moving at subsonic speed within 1 meter, which would truly give you a subsonic reaction speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back