• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TIER UPGRADE FOR WANG LING ( ANIME ) TO LIKELY LOW 1C

TWILIGHT-OP

He/Him
I ONCE AGAIN COME HERE AFTER A LONG SLUMBER ANYWAYS

From my previous THREAD i once again come here to prove my point you can look the previous thread for better understanding

This time I am here for ( LIKELY ) LOW 1c

First of all the universe he created was the excact same previous and original universe and not just a POCKET DIMENSION that he ABSTRACTED.

Via abstracting the universe inside him and also he was DREAMING THE SAME UNIVERSE

As per the Viki standard
The concept of a cosmology as fiction can be conveyed through various mediums such as books, stories, images, simulations, video games or thoughts and dreams. All of the above would be considered less 'real' than the person, when a character views a cosmology as fiction, it can grant them a qualitative superiority referred to as "r>f."

In this case, since Wang Ling is viewing a 4-dimensional construction as a dream, it can be inferred that he would attain LIKELY a 5-dimensional qualitative superiority

AGREE:-
DISAGREE:-
NEUTRAL:-

the universe where he can be woken up. and the universe that he dreams
how are they compared to each other?
Wang ling's abstracted universe fully absorbed the previous universe, later it was revealed that the original Universe was destroyed use the dream universe space & time, so wang ling had to to recover the previous universe.
is one far superior or they are treated as equal universes?
They are the same universe it's just when creating trying to reverse the time,he accidentally created the new universe by consuming the original one.

All of the above would be considered less 'real' than the person, when a character views a cosmology as fiction, it can grant them a qualitative superiority referred to as "r>f."

In this case, since Wang Ling is viewing a 4-dimensional construction as a dream, it can be inferred that he would attain LIKELY a 5-dimensional qualitative superiority
Nothing new is presented from last time. You are correct that he is dreaming of a universe, but nothing you provided indicates that's it would qualify for being less real.

This is still just a Low 2-C to 2-C feat.

Nothing new is presented from last time. You are correct that he is dreaming of a universe, but nothing you provided indicates that's it would qualify for being less real.

This is still just a Low 2-C to 2-C feat.
But dreaming it gives the superiority over it isn't it.

So why this is on r>f page on wiki
The concept of a cosmology as fiction can be conveyed through various mediums such as books, stories, images, simulations, video games or thoughts and dreams. All of the above would be considered less 'real' than the person, when a character views a cosmology as fiction, it can grant them a qualitative superiority referred to as "r>f."

Dreaming something and also existing on the same level as it. (As shown that he originally existed in the universe and consumed it when he dreamt of another universe) is considered unqualified for QS as per our R>F transcendence page

Also since we're using the dreaming argument here this falls more into R>F than other QS qualification
However, there are also factors that can speak against Reality-Fiction Transcendence, even if all of the above is given. Those include:

• The realities are portrayed like parallel universes or otherwise as having just a finite difference in scale or having a similar nature.
  • The characters from both realities are generally being portrayed as comparable in power
  • The author character completely live in the fictional medium themselves. For example the author character might have a book that contains the world, but the author themselves are also a character in it and don't exist outside it any more than other characters of that world.
  • The fictional characters being able to attack the real ones without being shown to somehow have transcended their fictional world or having special abilities that allow it. Such instances often have to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis to judge how they are best rated.

I agree with Qawsed, this seems more like a Low 2-C to 2-C feat.

"Dreaming a Universe" isn't entirely R>F as one, even if a Dream is universe sized; it's not a default to assume it's infinitely smaller than the real world. And the way it got merged implies they were merely next to each other as opposed to one being infinitely larger or qualitively superior in nature to the other.

To be considered R>F that have to be the equalivent of your imagination. Nonexistent from your actual perspective

Let me try to explain this as example

If I were to dream you in my dream would you be able to do anything in my dream world on your own accordingly.

I mean you possibly can't do anything with my permission in my dream world. And i can do any possible thing with you.

And the way it got merged implies they were merely next to each other as opposed to one being infinitely larger or qualitively superior in nature to the other.
It's not like I am talking about universe being higher or lower i am just saying he consumed the universe in his dream which is a 4D construction.

If I were to dream you in my dream would you be able to do anything in my dream world on your own accordingly.

I mean you possibly can't do anything with my permission in my dream world. And i can do any possible thing with you.
That's the issue present. Your dream is an example of something being non-existent from your perspective. The dream featured in this anime does not have that same level of reality difference. It's to real to qualify for a Low 1-C rating.

That's the issue present. Your dream is an example of something being non-existent from your perspective. The dream featured in this anime does not have that same level of reality difference. It's to real to qualify for a Low 1-C rating.
You think it's looks too real cuz you are looking it like that if it were in novel and was written like that dreaming thing wouldn't you be straight agreeing on that ? ( sometimes people dream of peeing in toilet in their dream but in reality they are peeing in bed. ) Ik this is bad example but it's funny, sorry to use it like that.

It's just

How else would have they show the dreaming scenario else it's just Shown you like that, didn't you read the subtitles?
That's not "dreaming" at all. In fact, that's why the Marvel multiverse doesn't use R>F for H1-B. Even if each layer is dreaming of each other, it doesn't qualify as purely R>F

Anyway, R>F, as DT says here, is about being "more real" than the lower plane not a simple "dreaming". And this is also stated by Qawsedf and DDM.

How else would have they show the dreaming scenario else it's just Shown you like that, didn't you read the subtitles?
To use a video game example
Low Complex Multiverse level (Far above Mother Harlot, who is simply an aspect of Ishtar whose existence stems from her being. Could strenghten Aleph's party with a portion of her power. Perceives the world of Catherine as a story which she can pause, resume and control at will, frequently referencing its status as a fictional narrative that she observes from outside and addressing the player as the entity that controls the events depicted in it)
It's the free control and changing of it that would qualify. Which is what the page means by less real. Simply dreaming a universe isn't enough.

You think it's looks too real cuz you are looking it like that if it were in novel and was written like that dreaming thing wouldn't you be straight agreeing on that ?
Unless a novel gave more reasoning that just "Dreams of a universe" then it also wouldn't qualify for Low 1-C.

It's the free control and changing of it that would qualify. Which is what the page means by less real. Simply dreaming a universe isn't enough.
But the moment Wang Ling becomes the Creator/God of this new world, isn't he free to do anything in this world? And not only that, the moment he creates this universe within himself with space and time, doesn't that make him a superior being to them?

1113777368851546163.png

Yeah, unfortunately, Wangling and the Universe he dreams exist in the same plane of existence or atleast not much to say on it. He merely has absolute control over the universe he has created. So agree with Qawsed.

H
1113777368851546163.png

Yeah, unfortunately, Wangling and the Universe he dreams exist in the same plane of existence or atleast not much to say on it. He merely has absolute control over the universe he has created. So agree with Qawsed.
HOw u guys put emojis like that I wanna know

Back