• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament 2022: Chris Jericho vs Deathstroke (The Finale)

A smoke grenade only lasts about 60 seconds as is
I actually looked it up and saw 50-90 secs lol

Here’s one being let off in a room, their increase of smoke isn’t really linear lol, it initially can’t even be seen on the stream, but then fills his room up very quickly even when moved outside of the room. It buys Jericho enough time to attack anyways lol
Looking at this clip right here, it took quite a while for the smoke bomb to fill up the entire room, so...

So although if the smoke bombs were far faster it’s an extremely reliable way to get the jump on Chris and stab him somewhere he won’t survive long, it ends up being a manoeuvre where Slade opens himself up to danger in order to very slowly set up a wincon
Slade is still going to aim for those areas without the smoke, its how he fights usually being quick and swiftly not allowing things to drag on for too long.

Gonna vote Slade fra. Skill still in unarmed combat still goes to Jericho (thought the skill gap is relatively small, but not negligible). If Jericho ever lands the Codebreaker (which requires him to be close to the opponent), he wins. Jericho's LS and unarmed combat skill is just a massive problem for Slade. That being said, Slade is not unarmed in the slightest, and is the single most skilled weapon user in this tourney. Jericho may have IR and have roughly equal stamina, but the range at which Slade can hold him off at poses massive problems for Jericho.

In the end, I just don't see Jericho finding the mythical sweet spot and Deathstroke making a mistake large enough to negate the range gap and handing Jericho his Codebreaker win-con. Both are incredibly skilled, and making it seems like Deathstroke being slightly less skilled than Jericho in combat is a big problem when Deathstroke is already >=Finn Balor in pure skill. Also don't know what this smoke bomb argument is but not sure it changes anything?

Slade high diff.

Both are incredibly skilled, and making it seems like Deathstroke being slightly less skilled than Jericho in combat is a big problem when Deathstroke is already >=Finn Balor in pure skill.
Yeah, and Jericho is > if not >> Bálor in skill, that’s exactly why we are able to conclusively say Jericho out skills him

This could potentially trump Jericho’s skill
Depends on the version of Batman and how much weaponary/gadgets were involved, also if this is just word of mouth “rumour has it he faced Batman head on” it’s a weak way to scale skill. The “seemingly” makes it sound like we have no information on if, when, and how this confrontation happened/ended

not at all, its the fact that he was able to break out of Oliver's hold and easily over power him in CQC leading to him restraining Qliver
The rest are either “well he did lose/get stomped but he put up a fight” or not enough to trump or level Jericho’s skill
this just reeks of "you didn't read what I said", none of those were "well he did lose" they're all him quickly defeating people who have training to match slade's own such as the Talia al Ghul's acolytes went through insane levels of training to be on par with Talia al Ghul's the daughter of Ra's al Ghul who was far superior to any other assassin in the world.

Depends on the version of Batman and how much weaponary/gadgets were involved, also if this is just word of mouth “rumour has it he faced Batman head on” it’s a weak way to scale skill. The “seemingly” makes it sound like we have no information on if, when, and how this confrontation happened/ended
thats not just a "mouthed" rumor, he got into a direct fight with Batman and matched him, he was ultimately bested by the Dark Knight but still held him own in a CQC fight against him. Batman Due to over a decade of fighting crime in Gotham City, Bruce is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, which led him to having a reputation of, as described by Barry Allen, a "total badass" as Batman, Barry also noting that not even with Oliver Queen's combat skills he would compare himself to Batman, implying that Bruce's combat skills are superior to Oliver's

yeah no, I don't see that coming in handy, Jericho's skill and codebreaker would use this as an opening
what opening? Slade can easily get back from Jericho and has insane knife throwing skills to keep Jericho at bay, He was also able to throw a knife into a guard's back, killing him instantly.

what opening? Slade can easily get back from Jericho and has insane knife throwing skills to keep Jericho at bay, He was also able to throw a knife into a guard's back, killing him instantly.
If he has to draw the blade from there, there's going to have to be a moment where he drops his guard, something that if Jericho is too close, would allow him to get the codebreaker landed

Let me restate Jericho's skill real quick, while at the same time, adding more skill feats on top of that.

Jericho was the first ever Undisputed WWE Champion in WWE, defeating both The Rock and Stone Cold on the same night, and he holds the record for most Intercontinental Title wins at 9.

Jericho has gone up against the likes of The Undertaker, who is considered the greatest pure striker in Sports Entertainment history. Even the likes of Kurt Angle was scared to take a punch from him.

If ya don't know Kurt Angle, he's notorious for winning a gold medal with a broken neck, who is this skilled, and was named the greatest shoot wrestler ever.

Jericho has not only gone up against The Undertaker (and is perfectly capable of harming him), he's also able to fight on par with people who has beaten Kurt Angle on two occasions, that being John Cena, who was able to beat Kurt Angle on two different occasions. Jericho is able to fight on par with Cena.

Chris Jericho defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has a great amateur wrestling background. Ziggler set the record for most pins in St. Edward High School with 82 pins. When he was a wrestlers at Kent State University, he at one point, held the record for most career wins in the team's history, earning 121 wins (the record was soon broken, but this still says a lot for how skilled Jericho is). I'd like to mention that Jericho also had ****** up ribs in this matchup as well, so even more impressive.

Not to mention that Jericho has over 30 years of experience wrestling, and has competed in over 2000 matches in his career.

The Undertaker was undefeated at Wrestlemania for 21 straight years, so that also says alot.

The Undertaker also defeated Goldberg (this match was so shit, but just try to ignore that). Goldberg had a winning streak of 173-0 at one point, so even more impressive.

Jericho is able to fight on par with The Undertaker, who was able to do all of this.

Might I mention that The Undertaker has had wars with the likes of Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar had a record of 106-5 in his 4 years of college wrestling at the NCAA, as well as winning the NCAA Division I Heavyweight Championship.

Lesnar also had a UFC career. Lesnar also ended the iconic 21-year Wrestlemania win streak of The Undertaker.

Undertaker and Lesnar had wars with each other, both being able to fight on par with each other. Jericho was able to fight on par with The Undertaker.

Jericho was able to fight on par with someone who was able to fight on par with someone who ended their 21-year undefeated streak. Over 2 decades of being undefeated.

To pour more salt into the wound, Andre the Giant was undefeated for 15 straight years.

Hulk Hogan was able to defeat Andre the Giant, breaking his undefeated 15 year streak.

The Undertaker was able to defeat Hulk Hogan on two different occasions.

And like I said before, Jericho is able to fight on par with The Undertaker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_... with the single,held by Sammartino at 4,040.

Another issue is that Jericho will not take being faced with a sword lightly, he will hit a codebreaker first chance he gets, and that’s ggs, it’s too heavy a hit for Slade to recover from. Jericho has the skill and LS to disarm, and from there his superior CQC abilities lead to plenty of openings for a Codebreaker, which Jericho will not hesitate on knowing how deadly his opponent is.

If he has to draw the blade from there, there's going to have to be a moment where he drops his guard, something that if Jericho is too close, would allow him to get the codebreaker landed
yes, totally, Slade is gonna draw the blade right in front of Jericho. yah no thats completely unlikely, Slade is a genius in combat so if he loses his Katana, he'll quickly resort to getting back and throwing daggers as Jericho from afar which well leave him more then enough time to pull the combat knife out which he can do in an incredibly short amount of time or yknow try to get his Katana back where ever it is thrown and even if he doesn't get that time, Slade is just as skilled without his Katana, being able to beat Green Arrow in CQC someone who was trained by Slade himself.

Not sure what the Jericho "disarmament" is, because we have to remember Slade is as skilled with, or even more so weaponry as he is with actual combat, so he's not just gonna put himself into a position where Jericho can score a clean disarm and try and land his Codebreaker. LS is the only way Jericho can disarm, but with Slade going for the kill with every strike and having such skill, Jericho just can't reasonably disarm him before Slade gets enough damage in.

And once again, Slade is absolutely not going to drop his guard. This is a death match, he won't stop until he knows Jericho is dead. Trying to act like Slade will eventually drop his guard so Jericho can score his Codebreaker is straight up a WWE level event.

Edit: Anyway, we should probably just bring people in to vote at this point. Neither side is really convincing the other, eh?

Slade has his wincons, but Jericho’s are just more easily accessible, that’s the basic truth of the matter, there is very little stopping him from disarming Slade, and Slade just doesn’t have the skill or options to recover from what will now be a disadvantaged position for him.

Not sure what the Jericho "disarmament" is, because we have to remember Slade is as skilled with, or even more so weaponry as he is with actual combat, so he's not just gonna put himself into a position where Jericho can score a clean disarm and try and land his Codebreaker. LS is the only way Jericho can disarm, but with Slade going for the kill with every strike and having such skill, Jericho just can't reasonably disarm him before Slade gets enough damage in.

And once again, Slade is absolutely not going to drop his guard. This is a death match, he won't stop until he knows Jericho is dead. Trying to act like Slade will eventually drop his guard so Jericho can score his Codebreaker is straight up a WWE level event.
This whole thing screams “I DON’T UNDERSTAND THE SKILL OF THE WWE VERSE” Jericho out skills, why are we pretending he doesn’t?

People who have no respect for the WWE Verse providing downplaying input in vs matches involving the verse drives me up the wall

This whole thing screams “I DON’T UNDERSTAND THE SKILL OF THE WWE VERSE” Jericho out skills, why are we pretending he doesn’t?

People who have no respect for the WWE Verse providing downplaying input in vs matches involving the verse drives me up the wall
In literally every post I have made (except for my last one), I have admitted Jericho has the skill advantage. Please do not get assume things without reading my previous arguments.

Like I said, can we just bring people in to vote because we're about to reach 3 pages and any further discussion isn't convincing either side.

Back