• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament 2022: Chris Jericho vs Deathstroke (The Finale)

Slade has his wincons, but Jericho’s are just more easily accessible, that’s the basic truth of the matter, there is very little stopping him from disarming Slade, and Slade just doesn’t have the skill or options to recover from what will now be a disadvantaged position for him.
"Slade just doesn't have the skill" is complete underplay here, Slade is incredibly skilled nor is he gonna be incredibly behind Jericho even without his Blade. he has plenty of options hell Jericho's one option is the Code Breaker which could be predicted by Slade insane intelligence being able to create extremely efficient plans for combat, infiltration, and destruction even at a great disadvantage or with few resources. was capable of tactically outsmarting the also highly skilled tactician Oliver Queen for the majority of their conflict, making him one of the very few to ever outsmart Oliver.

you are the only person here who is completely underestimating Slade's skill, hell im not even saying Slade is more skilled then Jericho just that he can keep up enough to be completely shit stomped in Skill.

In literally every post I have made (except for my last one), I have admitted Jericho has the skill advantage. Please do not get assume things without reading my previous arguments.
Your whole argument is based on skill based wincons for Slade, of course I’m going to assume that you believe Slade holds the skill advantage when your entire argument falls apart once he doesn’t

Your whole argument is based on skill based wincons for Slade, of course I’m going to assume that you believe Slade holds the skill advantage when your entire argument falls apart once he doesn’t
My argument is based on Slade quite clearly having the range and weapon combat advantage in the fight. Your last point doesn't even try to debate any of my points.
We can keep debating a while longer, especially until misconceptions like the one you made in your posts are stamped out
Alright, if you wish to make this go on longer than it needs to be then be my guest. I will only be responding to things I find need to be addressed or any responses to my posts.

"Slade just doesn't have the skill" is complete underplay here, Slade is incredibly skilled nor is he gonna be incredibly behind Jericho even without his Blade. he has plenty of options hell Jericho's one option is the Code Breaker which could be predicted by Slade insane intelligence being able to create extremely efficient plans for combat, infiltration, and destruction even at a great disadvantage or with few resources. was capable of tactically outsmarting the also highly skilled tactician Oliver Queen for the majority of their conflict, making him one of the very few to ever outsmart Oliver.

you are the only person here who is completely underestimating Slade's skill, hell im not even saying Slade is more skilled then Jericho just that he can keep up enough to be completely shit stomped in Skill.
I’m not arguing skill stomps or anything like that, I acknowledge Slade as an incredibly skilled fighter, but he holds a distinct disadvantage here. One that allows Jericho to disarm him, create opportunities for the code breaker, or just beat him in plain CQC

Guys, Slade's arguments are simply way more convincing. It's not that your arguments are being ignored.

Guys, Slade's arguments are simply way more convincing. It's not that your arguments are being ignored.
When you get arguments like “Straight up WWE level event” it’s understandable that you believe the verse you’re representing is not being properly respected

When you get arguments like “Straight up WWE level event” it’s understandable that you believe the verse you’re representing is not being properly respected
It was a joke I made because the entire thread people have been low-balling WWE verse without reading any of the skill threads. Please stop bringing up an obvious joke like it's the end of the world.

I’m not arguing skill stomps or anything like that, I acknowledge Slade as an incredibly skilled fighter, but he holds a distinct disadvantage here. One that allows Jericho to disarm him, create opportunities for the code breaker, or just beat him in plain CQC
"a distinct disadvantage here." its not as big as you're making it out to be, Slade is gonna hold his own no matter how you paint it. im not even arguing Slade could be not be disarmed, he very well could but again Slade is not gonna just let himself lose his main weapon that easily, he'll constantly be aiming for vital points on Jericho to quickly take out the Wrestler so the fight doesn't drag on even if he loses his main weapon, he still has options after that such as his Throwing Daggers which he is just as skilled with throwing like a gun-shot, and his Combat Knife which is not gonna take any amount of time to pull out to cover for his missing weapon.

Ok, let’s simplify this, I’ll explain how Jericho wins step by step, and people can point out why I’m wrong in whatever area they take issue with

- Jericho disarms slade through superior LS, Skill, and experience with mid ranged weapons

- Jericho capitalises on the opening created by disarming Slade, and either

A: Hits the codebreaker

B: Beats Slade in good old martial arts CQC

- Jericho disarms slade through superior LS, Skill, and experience with mid ranged weapons

ahh yes my fault, I didn't realize Slade is gonna stand there like a moron after losing his main weapon and let himself get him by a code breaker.

Slade >= Bálor

Jericho >> Bálor

Jericho > Slade
you're still making it out to be some huge advantage that'll just allow him to beat Slade in CQC no matter what which is far from the case. his advantage is small but notable, doesn't mean Slade can't make up for his clear showing of using his intelligence when put into hard situations

ahh yes my fault, I didn't realize Slade is gonna stand there like a moron after losing his main weapon and let himself get him by a code breaker.
Oh come on. Jericho’s superior skill means Slade’s supposed opportunities to pull out other weapons are non existent, if he spends even a second not directly fighting Jericho he’ll suffer for it, Jericho can just put him in a combo and end it, or go straight for Codebreaker gg

you're still making it out to be some huge advantage that'll just allow him to beat Slade in CQC no matter what which is far from the case.
If Jericho has a decent skill advantage v Slade, enough so to stop him from pulling any other weapons, then... he wins in CQC. he has the better abilities and the stronger moves

Never said Jericho doesn't outskill Slade. I have only said that the difference it relatively small.
Okay. This is wrong. Jericho holds a solid skill edge here. How many times do I have to say this? Slade and Balor were agreed upon to be roughly even in skill, and Jericho has a solid skill edge on Balor, therefore Jericho holds a solid skill edge here.

thats not just a "mouthed" rumor, he got into a direct fight with Batman and matched him, he was ultimately bested by the Dark Knight but still held him own in a CQC fight against him. Batman Due to over a decade of fighting crime in Gotham City, Bruce is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, which led him to having a reputation of, as described by Barry Allen, a "total badass" as Batman, Barry also noting that not even with Oliver Queen's combat skills he would compare himself to Batman, implying that Bruce's combat skills are superior to Oliver's
Dude, this is nothing compared to Jericho's skill at all. Did you see what I just listed??? And especially since Deathstroke was bested by Batman here, just puts the nail in the coffin. Jericho holds a solid skill gap here.

what opening? Slade can easily get back from Jericho and has insane knife throwing skills to keep Jericho at bay, He was also able to throw a knife into a guard's back, killing him instantly.
Pretty sure Jericho is far more skilled than a guard. Plus, doesn't Jericho need his back turned in order to do this? This makes no sense whatsoever. Jericho's skill and IR has this covered.

yes, totally, Slade is gonna draw the blade right in front of Jericho. yah no thats completely unlikely, Slade is a genius in combat so if he loses his Katana, he'll quickly resort to getting back and throwing daggers as Jericho from afar which well leave him more then enough time to pull the combat knife out which he can do in an incredibly short amount of time or yknow try to get his Katana back where ever it is thrown and even if he doesn't get that time, Slade is just as skilled without his Katana, being able to beat Green Arrow in CQC someone who was trained by Slade himself.
Once again, Slade is not on the level of Jericho in terms of skill. Jericho is hitting a Codebreaker the moment he finds any kind of opening. Plus, Jericho will have no problem dodging Jericho's daggers.

Holy shit. Deathstroke is going to have a far harder time here landing a hit than Jericho when it comes to CQC. Also to assume Jericho's only way to end the fight is the Codebreaker is completely false. Once Jericho gets Slade in a hold it's GG from there. Slade's only win con is weapons, which we have debunked so many times it's legit getting frustrating at this point.

My argument is based on Slade quite clearly having the range and weapon combat advantage in the fight. Your last point doesn't even try to debate any of my points.
Which we have debunked in not only this thread, but in literally every other matchup Jericho had in this tourney. Jericho literally beat someone with poisons. He also beat someone with a sword, which is similar to Deathstroke. How many times do I have to state this???

This is coming from the same guy that said "Deathstroke stomps" without giving any reasoning, and then just voting? Everyone who has voted for Jericho has given solid reasoning, while you just voted (and guaranteed the reason you chose Salde was the exact same reason Me, Pika, and Vin debunked so many times already). Please just stop.

Jericho's going to be right in front of Slade's face. Jericho's hitting that Codebreaker.

These arguments were the same arguments everyone else made in every single matchup Jericho has been in this tourney so far, and Jericho ended up beating them all. We're sick and tired of debunking the same exact points stated since the beginning. It is so ******* annoying. Please come up with other reasoning's other than weaponry to prove that Slade would win this. And if you say something about skill, you're wrong, as Jericho holds a solid edge in that department. Add IR on to that, and you got a tough ass opponent to hit.

Plus, Jericho's IR works offensively and defensively, so Jericho can legit counter Slade's moves into a Codebreaker, as well instinctively dodge Slade's moves.

Sorry, but these Deathstroke arguments are not convincing me at all to vote for him.

If Slade wanted to get his combat knife in his boot for example, he has to reach down to his boot. That’s not something he can afford to do.

Oh come on. Jericho’s superior skill means Slade’s supposed opportunities to pull out other weapons are non existent, if he spends even a second not directly fighting Jericho he’ll suffer for it, Jericho can just put him in a combo and end it, or go straight for Codebreaker gg
Skill does not mean Slade cannot pull those out at all, just because Jericho has skill doesn't mean Slade can't react quick and get back to throw knifes at him. stop acting like Jericho is some godly fighting game character who can pull out massive combos and win, Slade's pain tolerance can withstand being shot in the arm and legs and still fighting, He was also able to take down several of Edward Fyers' henchmen with an injured, Jericho has pain tolerance on that so both are gonna be hard to take down with regular ol punches.

Jesus Christ... at least give the wincon when both sides have busted their backs arguing over every possible detail in this match
The arguments on the other side for Slade seems more interesting

Skill does not mean Slade cannot pull those out at all, just because Jericho has skill doesn't mean Slade can't react quick and get back to throw knifes at him. stop acting like Jericho is some godly fighting game character who can pull out massive combos and win, Slade's pain tolerance can withstand being shot in the arm and legs and still fighting, He was also able to take down several of Edward Fyers' henchmen with an injured, Jericho has pain tolerance on that so both are gonna be hard to take down with regular ol punches.
A single Codebreaker is taking out Slade.

The moment Slade tries bending down and reach for his boot, he's getting hit with a Codebreaker. End of the matchup.

A: Hits the codebreaker

B: Beats Slade in good old martial arts CQC
Slade outskills when dealing with armed combat, Jericho's superior skill in close-quarters combat won't help him dealing with a master of ranged weapons. Yes, I see he has experience with mid ranged weapons, but not to the degree of Slade. Disarming Slade just doesn't happen easily.

Slade, like I have explained previously, is a beast with his katana and arsenal, so there will be negligible openings that Jericho could capitalise off of.

Codebreaker involves a running start and a close-quarter grab to work, something that will only work once Slade's arsenal is completely dried. Also, direct combat involves this same scenario.

Slade has the higher chance of winning before Jericho successfully makes his way through Slades arsenal and lands the Codebreaker.
Okay. This is wrong. Jericho holds a solid skill edge here. How many times do I have to say this? Slade and Balor were agreed upon to be roughly even in skill, and Jericho has a solid skill edge on Balor, therefore Jericho holds a solid skill edge here.
Like I have stated more, I was in the opinion that Deathstroke had a the slight skill edge over Balor, and thus Jericho's solid edge over Balor should lead to only a small skill edge advantage.
Holy shit. Deathstroke is going to have a far harder time here landing a hit than Jericho when it comes to CQC. Also to assume Jericho's only way to end the fight is the Codebreaker is completely false. Once Jericho gets Slade in a hold it's GG from there. Slade's only win con is weapons, which we have debunked so many times it's legit getting frustrating at this point.
This all depends on Deathstroke being disarmed from his Katana, which like I said isn't happening easily. Slade's only wincon is indeed weapons, which I have discussed is more likely than him being disarmed and crushed in CQC or with Codebreaker. In my arguments I admitted that if this happens, Slade loses 100%.
If Slade wanted to get his combat knife in his boot for example, he has to reach down to his boot. That’s not something he can afford to do.
He also has his other weaponry and smoke bombs which he can grab without relaxing his offensive or defensive measures, but the applicability of them are questionable.

Ok, now that we've exhausted our points, can we just bring this to a final vote? This is just going to keep going in a circle.

Such.... as.....? I don’t have problems with people voting Slade it’s a tight match but still, I feel like both sides have earned reasoning for a vote...
I honestly don't care if anybody gives a reason for Jericho or Slade, I just want this to be done so I don't have to type every minute.

Slade outskills when dealing with armed combat, Jericho's superior skill in close-quarters combat won't help him dealing with a master of ranged weapons. Yes, I see he has experience with mid ranged weapons, but not to the degree of Slade. Disarming Slade just doesn't happen easily
I think I’m losing the will to live...

Because Jericho will allow Slade to retreat when he has him on the back foot?
Jericho would have to disarm Slade, which in itself is going to be rather difficult and if he does, he'd have to instantly react and hit Slade after getting rid of the weapons, thats more then enough time for Slade to jump back, pull out Daggers right on his side and throw them at Jericho with such good throwing skills he could kill a guard in one hit.
The moment Slade tries bending down and reach for his boot, he's getting hit with a Codebreaker. End of the matchup.
ahh yes Slade is totally gonna do this in front of Jericho which as I pointed out, is not gonna happen as Jericho would have to get rid of the weapon he just disarmed which is more then enough time for Slade to quickly react and throw daggers. your guys point rely on Slade just standing there like a complete dumbass and letting himself get his ass beat by Jericho which is so ******* stupid to me.

Jericho: Defeats 3 people in a tourney with weapons similar to Slade's to go to the finale

Everyone: "Slade wins because of his weaponry"

???

You are all significantly overestimating both Chris' skill and his luck in this battle. A lot of his arguments quite literally depend on Slade being an absolute dumbass, which Infinite and Bruh have addressed multiple times not to be the case.

You are acting like Chris has some unavoidable capability to steal Slade's weapons and skill stomp in CQC, which isn't the case at all. Slade is a weapon master who is not going to let Chris get past his superior range and de-arm him at all. Chris has never fought against anyone at the level of Slade with weapons, there's no reason to assume he can easily de-arm him in this fight.

Slade simply has the tools for the job here.

Such.... as.....? I don’t have problems with people voting Slade it’s a tight match but still, I feel like both sides have earned reasoning for a vote...
I mean, this fight has already been going into circles enough with the essays back and forth from a lot of people, it's better to just get it over with.

ahh yes Slade is totally gonna do this in front of Jericho which as I pointed out, is not gonna happen as Jericho would have to get rid of the weapon he just disarmed which is more then enough time for Slade to quickly react and throw daggers. your guys point rely on Slade just standing there like a complete dumbass and letting himself get his ass beat by Jericho which is so ******* stupid to me.
Jericho would have disarmed Slade by then, and when Slade realizes, he'll go for his weapons, which leaves him open for a Codebreaker GG. Jericho does not need to get rid of the blade once he's disarmed it from Slade.

Back