• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament 2022: Chris Jericho vs Deathstroke (The Finale)

Counted Eliminatorsvote and I happen agree with his points of analysis so I'll vote for slade as well for the time being.

I’m going to analyse this matchup a bit more, and until then I don’t want to jump the vote gun, but I lean Jericho and don’t see any reason that could present itself that could swing me the other way

Eh, not a whole lot, IR means stealth does not have much weight here.
IR is countered by those as on the IR page it states "its effectiveness is limited by the effectiveness of one's senses, and can be tricked by anything outside of those senses." so if a smoke bomb is used then he'll have no way to sense that coming and Jericho doesn't exactly have enhanced sense to be able to attack through said smoke.

I’m going to analyse this matchup a bit more, and until then I don’t want to jump the vote gun, but I lean Jericho and don’t see any reason that could present itself that could swing me the other way
Going off of what you said, I'd assume you'd vote Jericho by now...

IR is countered by those as on the IR page it states "its effectiveness is limited by the effectiveness of one's senses, and can be tricked by anything outside of those senses." so if a smoke bomb is used then he'll have no way to sense that coming and Jericho doesn't exactly have enhanced sense to be able to attack through said smoke.
Also, how big are Slade's smoke bombs?

Also, how big are Slade's smoke bombs?
Looking at Slade's profile, it doesn't state how far the smoke bombs go. It only says that Slade's Handgun (which he doesn't have here) can go dozens of meters.

We're going have to go off of assumptions, which will be very risky to do here, as it could lead up to exaggerations/underestimations here, and I don't want to go into that tbh

Looking at Slade's profile, it doesn't state how far the smoke bombs go. It only says that Slade's Handgun (which he doesn't have here) can go dozens of meters.

We're going have to go off of assumptions, which will be very risky to do here, as it could lead up to exaggerations/underestimations here, and I don't want to go into that tbh
i'd just assume an average smoke bomb size which is normally enough to cover a room in mere seconds and beyond that with how they expand.

exaggerating a lil here, most smoke bombs start slow and then amass to fill a room as you said in I’d say maybe 15 or so seconds, time enough for Jericho to act
The exact reason why I didn't wanna argue with smoke grenades. It starts with assumptions, then it leads to exaggerations/underestimatings.

The exact reason why I didn't wanna argue with smoke grenades. It starts with assumptions, then it leads to exaggerations/underestimatings.
Here’s one being let off in a room, their increase of smoke isn’t really linear lol, it initially can’t even be seen on the stream, but then fills his room up very quickly even when moved outside of the room. It buys Jericho enough time to attack anyways lol

Here’s one being let off in a room, their increase of smoke isn’t really linear lol, it initially can’t even be seen on the stream, but then fills his room up very quickly even when moved outside of the room. It buys Jericho enough time to attack anyways lol
Also I clicked on this with sound off I have no idea what the streamer says and I didn’t focus on chat so apologies if the streamer says anything stupid

Also needless to say time holding smoke grenades is time not spent holding swords which is like Slade’s only wincon

Also, going by what @Bruhtelho said about smoke grenades filling a room in mere seconds, assuming this was true...

The average room is 224 square feet, compared to a UFC octagon, which is 750 square feet.

If a smoke grenade was to clear a room in mere seconds, then it's going to take significantly longer for the smoke to cover the entire octagon, which gives Jericho plenty of time to attack here.

Also, going by what @Bruhtelho said about smoke grenades filling a room in mere seconds, assuming this was true...

The average room is 224 square feet, compared to a UFC octagon, which is 750 square feet.

If a smoke grenade was to clear a room in mere seconds, then it's going to take significantly longer for the smoke to cover the entire octagon, which gives Jericho plenty of time to attack here.
it's also assuming that it doesn't run out before hand

So although if the smoke bombs were far faster it’s an extremely reliable way to get the jump on Chris and stab him somewhere he won’t survive long, it ends up being a manoeuvre where Slade opens himself up to danger in order to very slowly set up a wincon

I also found more skill feats for Slade that i'd like to bring up

-he was able to easily defeat Oliver, John Diggle, and Sara Lance simultaneously, despite all three being seasoned combatants. he had no problem fighting against multiple people with completely different fighting styles who are all on par with Qliver in sheer skill.

-he was able to take on and separate Thea and Oliver at the same time and easily broke out of Oliver's hold and quickly overpowered and restrained him, only being defeated when Thea pulled a gun on him

-he is able to swiftly overwhelm Digger Harkness, He was even able to fight and briefly overpower both the Arrow and Arsenal simultaneously knocking the former down and he could Digger was able to land several punches, though was ultimately quickly overpowered and tossed aside.

-easily defeated Talia al Ghul's acolytes in mere seconds whose training were nearly identical to the League of Assassins. all of them were trained by Talia al Ghul who was trained by the League of Assassins since childhood, she was subjected to a higher level of training due to being the daughter of Ra's al Ghul. Ghul himself having centuries worth of fighting knowledge with his combat skills far surpassing that of most other assassins of the League since he had received the highest level of training any member could. one point in Ra's life, he seemingly got into a direct confrontation with Batman.

-easily take out numerous members of the Jackals without sustaining any injury and while holding back, the jackals was a group of criminals made by Joe Wilson. Joe Wilson was also defeated by Slade, Joe went through the same training that Slade did meaning that Slade was superior to people who could match his training with the only way Joe being able to keep up with Slade was by resorting to Trickery. Joe was unable to match is Father in a sword fight as well.

-his skill with a sword in unmatched as he was shown to be able to kill a guard by drawing his sword and throw it in one single motion.

-swiftly cut down multiple students of Talia al Ghul on multiple encounters and later did the same to nearly 20 members of the Jackals also fought on par with Joe in their sword fight and managed to gain the upper hand while holding back, only being overpowered by his son through trickery.

just wanted to point out what I found well looking around, probably missed some.

Back