• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Midas wanted an Igari match, so that's what I'll give him.

Chris Jericho vs Kanji Igari.

WWE Jericho will be used, and he'll be 9-A.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in a wrestling ring.

Starting distance is 4 meters.

Chris Jericho: 1 (winston)

Kanji Igari:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Alright so.

Igari scales to being able to damage and take hits from Baki, who himself is above a casual Retsu, who could perform a 0.035 tons feat. So he scales around that value.

So he's got a minor AP Disadvantage. Though I don't think this matters much.

It's worth noting that, Igari in character, does not dodge attacks, particularly against another pro wrestler. Instead, he uses his skill at taking damage to endure anything his opponent throws at him. Wrestlers in Baki are Trained to instantly ready themselves to endure damage, granting them a constant level of damage reduction that makes them naturally difficult to K.O.

As for standard tactics, Igari is more than willing to use grappling in a physical confrontation. In fact, two of his signature finishers, the Headlock and the Octopus Hold are directly dependent on his lifting strength. Which is important here as he DOES have the advantage in that front.

He's also known to mix his strikes with grappling, Stunning an opponent with physical blows before finishing them off with a suplex.

That's some basic knowledge of Igari’s tactics.

Link is broken

Igari scales to being able to damage and take hits from Baki, who himself is above a casual Retsu, who could perform a 0.035 tons feat. So he scales around that value.
I disagree with the calc, 25% steel is a MASSIVE jump from reasonable levels

Im heavily leaning to Jericho, he's able to overcome LS gaps, IR, dramatic pain resistance, and power mimicry (Which might even allow him to take away a good number of Igari's advantages)

Last edited:
I disagree with the calc, 25% steel is a MASSIVE jump from reasonable levels
Do a content revision thread then. It's an accepted calc for the verse.

Link is broken

New one

Im heavily leaning to Jericho, he's able to overcome LS gaps
And how is he able to overcome the gap between peak human and class 5? Has he done that before?

dramatic pain resistance
Igari's pain resistance is also extremely potent. Allowing him to endure extended beatings from characters physically comparable to himself without being given the choice to dodge.

I know Kanji is willing to use dirty heel tactics like he did with Baki, I doubt Jericho would fall for them though considering his experience though

Igari uses dirty tricks and heel tactics in character yeah, especially against someone he views as physically comparable or stronger to himself.

For example, during his fight with Baki, he purposely pretended to be far weaker than him, even pretending to tap out after being caught within a hold, just to land a groin kick while he was off-guard.

Jericho probably has experience with underhanded wrestlers so I didn't think it was particularly relevant, but it's definitely something he'd go for yeah.

Jericho has plenty of experience with wrestlers who use underhanded tactics, and he's more than willing to play dirty as well, so that's not particularly a big deal.

Add on IR and his Pain Tolerance, and Igari has quite a bit on his table.

How skilled is Igari?

How skilled is Igari?
Quite skilled.

Igari was considered the most successful sports fighter in the world in his prime, with even characters like Orochi Doppo, one of the most skilled fighters in the baki series, considering his Pro Wrestling At the level of a masters.

He's skilled enough in striking to go Blow for blow with a kickboxing world champion, and skilled enough in grappling to compete with A Yokozuna ranked sumo wrestler in a contest of sumo.

As for how skilled Jericho is...

Chris Jericho with injured ribs defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has a great amateur wrestling background. Ziggler set the record for most pins in St. Edward High School with 82 pins. When he was a wrestler at Kent State University, he at one point, held the record for most career wins in the team's history, earning 121 wins (the record was soon broken, but this still says a lot for how skilled Jericho is).

Jericho has gone up against the likes of The Undertaker, who is considered the greatest pure striker in Sports Entertainment history. Even the likes of Kurt Angle was scared to take a punch from him.

Kurt Angle is known by many as ‘The Wrestling Machine’. He’s started wrestling since the age of 7, and has won varsity letters in wrestling. He went undefeated on the freshman wrestling team in Mt. Lebanon High School. He ended up becoming the 1987 Pennsylvania State Wrestling Champion as a senior in high school. Angle then began preparing for the 1996 Summer Olympics under Dave Schultz. During this time, he endured training that lasted from 8 to 10 hours a day. What Kurt Angle is most known for is winning not only the Olympic Trials, but a gold medal with a broken neck. He was also named the greatest shoot wrestler of all time.

Jericho has also fought on par with the likes of John Cena on numerous occasions. Cena is the same guy who was able to beat Bobby Lashley. Bobby Lashley has a very good mixed martial arts background, having a record of 15-2, defeating the likes of Joshua Franklin in 41 seconds (TKO), and Mike Cook in 24 seconds (Submission). He even defeated James Thompson, who at that point, had over a decade of experience in mixed martial arts. Lashley defeated him in 54 seconds via TKO. Lashley has also demonstrated to have military training due to his service in the army. He competed in amateur wrestling in the army's World Class Athlete Program. During three years in the Army, he won a gold and silver medal in the International Military Sports Council senior freestyle wrestling event.

Chris has shown to fight on instinct, a prime example being when he instinctively hit a Codebreaker on Rey Mysterio after getting hit by Rey's finisher prior.

Chris has also shown to have expert timing, being able to catch opponents mid-air with his patent Codebreaker. He’s even shown to bust out a springboard Codebreaker if need be.

Chris is leagues above the likes of Axiom. Thanks to his gift for mathematics, Axiom believes that anything can be broken down into a formula. He states that he can quickly analyze and react to anything. He uses his gift for mathematics, as well as his natural technical skill to quickly counter submission maneuvers, pinning positions, and grapple maneuvers. His natural athleticism, mixed in with his technical ring prowess, allows him to be creative with his submissions. He also makes his speed to good use by quickly dodging countering his opponents offense. He’s also shown to have really good timing, as he can catch people with his offense while they're in mid-air. Despite this, the guy struggles with NXT level wrestlers, while Del Rio has consistently shown to fight on par with some of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

To add on, Chris is significantly above the likes of Dexter Lumis, and comparable, if not, superior to the likes of Christian, with the former being able to fight competently despite being blindfolded, and the latter being able to avoid attacks on instinct alone.

Chris Jericho has also defeated the likes of John Morrison. John Morrison is knowledgeable about multiple martial arts. He stated in an interview that he was a former amateur collegiate wrestler and gymnastic, and he's studied kung fu, boxing, capoeira, and parkour, and that he applies all of these forms of martial arts in his fighting style. He uses his parkour to pull extremely acrobatic maneuvers, as well as to use the environment around him to execute his moves as well. He can switch to capoeira kicks and feint kicks to stun and throw his opponents off game, and he’s efficient enough with amateur wrestling to the point where he can hold his own against the likes of Dolph Ziggler in that respective discipline.

I don't really have too much to say. He seems skilled enough that Igari wouldn't skill-stomp him, I'm not too good at debating skill, haha.

I would like to note that, in addition to what I listed, Igari has seemingly high amounts of knowledge in pressure points, To the point he could paralyze the entire body with a single punch, and is also Highly skilled at manipulating the human body with his grappling. While he doesn't use either of these often, they are part of his arsenal, and display a rather impressive knowledge of the human body to compliment his skill.

This is a spicy matchup ngl lol

From what I see

Igari has pressure points and paralysis, better LS and can reduce damage he takes. While Jericho has IR and could probably copy Igari's tricks after one time, plus he has fought people with better LS in the past so it wouldn't be new to him. Both are willing to fight dirty too and would be watching for low blows (I stand by the fact that Baki proves the art of hitting the nuts is the most practical art there is thank you raitai tournament)

Idk here I'm pretty torn, what's the ap here btw?

I mean, this match seems pretty evenly contested, it's all just a matter of who's able to get their finishing blow off first.

Chris may have the advantage in the sense that Igari likely wouldn't avoid Chris’s finishers if he attempts to execute them. He would likely attempt to interrupt or counter them instead, but if everything else fails hes more likely to take it head on then not.

Though any grappling based finisher he tries to execute would likely just be turned around by Igari’s LS advantage.

On the topic of LS iirc Chris has fought and defeated folks with Class 5 to 25 (I think at least), so Chris can easily change up his style of fighting for it imo.
Yes he has.

The Great Khali and The Undertaker (with help) come to mind.

Chris may have the advantage in the sense that Igari likely wouldn't avoid Chris’s finishers if he attempts to execute them. He would likely attempt to interrupt or counter them instead, but if everything else fails hes more likely to take it head on then not.

Though any grappling based finisher he tries to execute would likely just be turned around by Igari’s LS advantage.
Igari also has to watch out for Jericho's IR, as it allows him to hit his finisher (Codebreaker) on instinct alone, and the Codebreaker is a move that can be hit out of nowhere.

On the topic of finishers how much of a multiplier is it ap wise?
There's been no stated multiplier. All we know is that finishers do significantly more damage than normal moves.

To put it into perspective, The Rock one shot Erick Rowan with his finisher, Dolph Ziggler one shot Curt Hawkins with his finisher, and James Ellsworth almost defeated AJ Styles with his finisher.

The Ellsworth one is probably the best example, as Ellsworth is a low tier-leveled wrestler with virtually no fighting experience, but he almost defeated a god tier-leveled wrestler in AJ Styles, a guy who's notorious for defeating people like John Cena.

The Great Khali and The Undertaker (with help) come to mind.
If someone can name 3 good matches that Khali had I'll eat my hat, all his matches might as well have been underwater lol.

Yeah finishers seem somewhat inconsistent there, we could maybe chalk that up as an outlier but I'm sure there's like a dozen other examples of smth similar happening

If someone can name 3 good matches that Khali had I'll eat my hat, all his matches might as well have been underwater lol.
John Cena and Triple H are the only two I can think of. Still, he's a Class 5 to Class 25 wrestler, and Jericho has beaten him.

Yeah finishers seem somewhat inconsistent there, we could maybe chalk that up as an outlier but I'm sure there's like a dozen other examples of smth similar happening
Inconsistent how?

Okay yeah those two can carry almost anyone in a match lol, reminds me of the time undertaker tried to carry gonzales in a match and we know how much a shitfest that was. Only good thing was gonzales looked like something out of attack on titan lol.

I guess it was just we can't get an exact multiplier with the finishers, still given that Jericho is a bit higher in ap than Kanji I'd say its not out the realm that it'd put Kanji down.

Igari does have a wincon with his Pressure Points, so Jericho's screwed if he takes one of those PP punches.

However, I think Jericho can just edge out a win more times than not.

Back