• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Chris Jericho vs Licorne

Chris is obviously more skilled having eons under his belt of wrestling but Licorne is no slouch being able to fight against two well trained hitmen, one of them was the former Ultimate Rock Climber meaning he was superior to super trained at an elite school, of course not to the level Chris is but not falling insanely behind

AP wise Chris is 299.77 kilojoules to Licorne 91 KJ but he is far superior to that feat since he could defeat The Ultimate Rock Climber so it'll make the number smaller but not by a lot

Chris holds the LS advantage, they should both be equal in Stamina since both can fight for extended periods of time without tiring, Licorne has the arsenal advantage since he has more actual equipment on him then Chris would

What the fight really comes down to is if Chris can get close to beat Licorne down before Licorne out smarts him and stabs him with Knock-out poison and thats where i'd say Licorne should take this more times then not. Since Chris has to get close to Licorne in order to win he'd be playing right into his hands where Licorne can easily hold his own in CQC combat combined with his intelligence means he'll be dodging a lot of Chris' attacks and once he finds his opening which can be after dodging even one attack he stabs him with the poison and the fight is over, even with the durability advantage of Chris' side it wouldn't mean much since its done through stabbing which is piercing damage alongside Chris not being the most armored characters meaning he'll have plenty of points where he could be stabbed

Yeah, some of these arguments are flawed.

I don't think you realize how big the skill gap is here. I'm just going to copy and paste some comments I made on Jericho before.

Jericho was the first ever Undisputed WWE Champion in WWE, defeating both The Rock and Stone Cold on the same night, and he holds the record for most Intercontinental Title wins at 9.

Jericho has gone up against the likes of The Undertaker, who is considered the greatest pure striker in Sports Entertainment history. Even the likes of Kurt Angle was scared to take a punch from him.

If ya don't know Kurt Angle, he's notorious for winning a gold medal with a broken neck, who is this skilled, and was named the greatest shoot wrestler ever.

Jericho has not only gone up against The Undertaker (and is perfectly capable of harming him), he's also able to fight on par with people who has beaten Kurt Angle on two occasions, that being John Cena, who was able to beat Kurt Angle on two different occasions. Jericho is able to fight on par with Cena.

Chris Jericho defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has a great amateur wrestling background. Ziggler set the record for most pins in St. Edward High School with 82 pins. When he was a wrestlers at Kent State University, he at one point, held the record for most career wins in the team's history, earning 121 wins (the record was soon broken, but this still says a lot for how skilled Jericho is). I'd like to mention that Jericho also had ****** up ribs in this matchup as well, so even more impressive.

Not to mention that Jericho has over 30 years of experience wrestling, and has competed in over 2000 matches in his career.

The Undertaker was undefeated at Wrestlemania for 21 straight years, so that also says alot.

The Undertaker also defeated Goldberg (this match was so shit, but just try to ignore that). Goldberg had a winning streak of 173-0 at one point, so even more impressive.

Jericho is able to fight on par with The Undertaker, who was able to do all of this.

Might I mention that The Undertaker has had wars with the likes of Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar had a record of 106-5 in his 4 years of college wrestling at the NCAA, as well as winning the NCAA Division I Heavyweight Championship.

Lesnar also had a UFC career. Lesnar also ended the iconic 21-year Wrestlemania win streak of The Undertaker.

Undertaker and Lesnar had wars with each other, both being able to fight on par with each other. Jericho was able to fight on par with The Undertaker.

Jericho was able to fight on par with someone who was able to fight on par with someone who ended their 21-year undefeated streak. Over 2 decades of being undefeated.

To pour more salt into the wound, Andre the Giant was undefeated for 15 straight years.

Hulk Hogan was able to defeat Andre the Giant, breaking his undefeated 15 year streak.

The Undertaker was able to defeat Hulk Hogan on two different occasions.

And like I said before, Jericho is able to fight on par with The Undertaker.

Now that skill's out of the way, let's talk about the other points @Bruhtelho made.

AP wise Chris is 299.77 kilojoules to Licorne 91 KJ but he is far superior to that feat since he could defeat The Ultimate Rock Climber so it'll make the number smaller but not by a lot
And Jericho's Codebreaker, when hit, will one shot Licorne, and considering the skill gap, it probably won't take long for Jericho to hit this.

Chris holds the LS advantage, they should both be equal in Stamina since both can fight for extended periods of time without tiring, Licorne has the arsenal advantage since he has more actual equipment on him then Chris would
Not arguing against this. Everything you said here was 100% true.

What the fight really comes down to is if Chris can get close to beat Licorne down before Licorne out smarts him and stabs him with Knock-out poison and thats where i'd say Licorne should take this more times then not. Since Chris has to get close to Licorne in order to win he'd be playing right into his hands where Licorne can easily hold his own in CQC combat combined with his intelligence means he'll be dodging a lot of Chris' attacks and once he finds his opening which can be after dodging even one attack he stabs him with the poison and the fight is over, even with the durability advantage of Chris' side it wouldn't mean much since its done through stabbing which is piercing damage alongside Chris not being the most armored characters meaning he'll have plenty of points where he could be stabbed
See, this is where your argument crumbles. Licorne won't be dodging a lot of Chris' attacks. In fact, the opposite is far more likely, as Chris does not only hold a significant skill gap, but he also has IR, which works offensively and defensively.

To explain IR instead of just saying it, Jericho was hit by Jeff Hardy's Twist of Fate (finishing move), and when Jeff went up to the top to hit the Swanton Bomb (his other finishing move), Jericho instinctively dodged it, which even left the commentators shocked (defensive IR).

Jericho was hit by Rey Mysterio's 619 (finishing maneuver), and when Rey Mysterio went up to a finishing move, Jericho was able to automatically counter into a Codebreaker. Jericho has done this on a few occasions while stunned. Here are more examples (offensive IR).

Jericho is going to be a bitch to hit here in this matchup.

Plus, all Jericho needs is one hold, and this match is over thanks Jericho's significant LS advantage here, so if Jericho can put Licorne in the Liontamer or the Walls of Jericho (which he definitely can), then it's GG's for Licorne.

Also, don't forget the Codebreaker, which will one shot Licorne here if it.

Overall, I feel like Jericho takes this low-mid diff

Jericho FRA, great arguments Random

I will speak on the poison and say while it could cause Jericho trouble, Jericho holds a greater variety of “instant win” moves, not to mention that Licorne has to actually cut into Jericho with this wire, which he normally does with a hold... not happening with that LS disadvantage

Yeah, tbh, with the sheer outmatching in skill, IR, LS, and AP, I don't see Licorne taking this, Jericho just has way too many wincons here, and Licorne literally only has one, one that gets kicked in the dick by all of those disadvantages, I'll hold off on voting, but I see Jericho taking this quite easily and quickly, about 4/5 times

If Lico scales to Sakura in skill, he stomps Jericho lel
not to mention that Licorne has to actually cut into Jericho with this wire, which he normally does with a hold... not happening with that LS disadvantage
The LS disadvantage probably doesn't stop Lico from poisoning Jericho
He wrapped his tie around Tsurugi's right arm and he couldn't break free of it and moving it more just caused it to bleed further. (Tsurugi has "Peak Human" LS)

If Lico scales to Sakura in skill, he stomps Jericho lel

The LS disadvantage probably doesn't stop Lico from poisoning Jericho
He wrapped his tie around Tsurugi's right arm and he couldn't break free of it and moving it more just caused it to bleed further. (Tsurugi has "Peak Human" LS)
Jericho has Class 5 LS, so what's your point?

I’m pretty sure you usually use the “likely x” figure, though it is of course possible to use the “at least y” figure as well if say, x figure was too high and needed restricting to make the fight fair

Even if we acknowledge the poison as a plausible wincon in this fight, which has its own issues, it’s Licorne’s one wincon, Jericho has way more options, each just as plausible as the poison.

Licorne will probably wrap it around his arm after baiting Jericho into punching him
Jericho moving his arm more will just cause it to bleed further
I highly doubt that Jericho will fall for a trick like that. Jericho is used to people playing tricks on him.

Heck, Jericho plays tricks himself (Social Influencing)

Licorne is smarter than Kirigiri, his information processing capabilities were described as "otherworldly"
He would go for the optimal strategy here, which would be poisoning Jericho

I highly doubt that Jericho will fall for a trick like that. Jericho is used to people playing tricks on him.

Heck, Jericho plays tricks himself (Social Influencing)
Licorne has outsmarted countless groups and organizations that were chasing after him, groups such as police organizations, intelligence agencies, special operatives, armies, assassins, detectives, mafias, and rogues.
And has even convinced one assassin into having a friendly chat with him
Also I doubt Jericho would expect much from a 12 year old boy

Also Tsurugi Hitomoshi has a few more skill feats, he easily murdered the Chinese and Russian agents that were also sent after Lico (Agents from a Chinese Intelligence Agency and scientific unit of the Russian Army)
Lico also implied that, despite his injuries and being paralysed, Tsurugi would still have the skill to be able to able to escape Meyura Station even as authorities would surround the building to contend with the fire that Night Flyer started.

This skill is impressive but it still doesn’t overwhelm the wincons Jericho has, Licorne just doesn’t have the variety to win this

Tsurugi Hitomoshi also supposedly fought The Ultimate Hitman, which might put him closer to the Danganronpa Skill-Gods
However, the fight comes from Danganronpa: Togami, which has dubious canonicity to say the least

Licorne has outsmarted countless groups and organizations that were chasing after him, groups such as police organizations, intelligence agencies, special operatives, armies, assassins, detectives, mafias, and rogues.
And has even convinced one assassin into having a friendly chat with him
Also I doubt Jericho would expect much from a 12 year old boy
Jericho can trick thousands of people without saying a word. Way better than anything you listed.

Also, Jericho doesn't even know how old Licorne is, so what's your point?

IR is also pretty useless here, since Lico probably won't try actually attacking Jericho
Once Jericho is poisoned, he's gonna play it safe

I just don’t really see how Licorne, with disadvantages in AP, Skill and LS gets his wincons off more often than Jericho in a CQC contest. Voting Jericho FRA if I haven’t already
Poisoning Jericho negates AP
And his Tie wrapping stopping Tsurugi negates the LS advanatge
And the Skill gap isn't that big considering Lico fodderized an ultimate

That was a random audience, definitely won't work on one of the most intelligent characters in Danganronpa
Highly doubt that Licorne's trick will work on Jericho. WWE is full of people who use Social Influencing. It's nothing new for Jericho at all.

Lico is like 4 feet tall, I'm pretty sure he'd know
1. Height doesn't mean shit
2. Jericho has dealt with people who are extremely short

The main issue I have with this is you're making it seem like poisoning Jericho will be a walk in the park for Licorne, which is an insult to Jericho.

Jericho's WWE key and record of people he has defeated and capable of fighting is impressive so dealing with a veteran like that is gonna require some extra ordinary levels to skills for Licorne

Poisoning Jericho negates AP
And his Tie wrapping stopping Tsurugi negates the LS advanatge
And the Skill gap isn't that big considering Lico fodderized an ultimate
Tie wrapping is not negating LS here. Jericho is Class 5, while Licorne has tie wrapped people with Peak Human LS at best.

Back