• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Unlocking Project

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
So, in this thread, it was nearly unanimously decided that Tier 2 pages should be unlocked.

However, Tier 2 pages that are controversial, extremely popular, dip into Tier 1, or all of the above, were agreed to preferably stay locked.

However, browsing through thousands of pages to find the outliers that should stay locked would understandably be extremely grating and time-consuming for a single person to do.

So, this thread exists for experienced staff members to volunteer and potentially discuss for this project, and offer their own hand, should they be able to.

Geene

Belmod

Rumsshi

Sidra

Liquir

Beerus

Iwen

Helles

Mule

Quitela

Arack

Champa

Grand Priest

Awamo

Sour

Campari

Cognac

Mojito

Korn

Whis

Vados

Cukatail

Cus

Marcarita

Martinu

Zen'ō

Son Goku (Xeno)

Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2)

Future Warrior

Mechikabura

Fu (Dragon Ball)

Towa

Time Breaker Bardock

Mira (Dragon Ball)

Demigra

Cumber

Mecha Goku

Chronoa

Super Shenron

Fusion Zamasu

Kefla

Gogeta (Dragon Ball Super)

Chara

Human SOULs

Frisk

Asriel Dreemurr

Annoying Dog

Flowey

The Anomaly (Undertale)

Jiren

Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super)

Vegeta

Toppo

Broly (Dragon Ball Super)

A more effective suggestion would likely be to compile the list of pages which need to be unlocked.

Well, Kepekley's suggestion works as well, but it would probably take more work, and it is harder to recognise all of the unpopular pages.

I can first use an automated script to unlock all of the tier 2 profiles, then use it to lock the tier 1 profiles that would be unlocked as a side effect, and then lock the list of controversial and/or popular tier 2 profiles.

That said, if the rest of the staff prefer his solution, we can do that instead.

I think it's much more effective and safe to decide which pages are considered "too controversial" and separate them from the safely unlockable ones instead of rushing into this right away and unlocking everything all at once. For all we know it'd take days to decide how many pages would fit that criteria, since many staff members don't have lots of time to participate in this thread, and that's enough time for vandals and trolls not to pass up the opportunity to attack the now-unlocked pages.

Yeah, we should decide which pages have to remain locked first of all.

@Read

Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia and Darkrai are tier 2 as well, if that's what you meant.

Dunno how controversial they are tho

Well, I was not going to run the script until after the entire list had been finished.

But we can try your method instead if you think it is better.

Crabwhale said:
I have contacted every single administrator.
Thank you, although it is probably best to contact the content moderators and discussion moderators as well.

I don't think the Lake Trio is controversial. The Creation Four should definitely remain locked.

We should probably have one user start a list of controversial profiles in this thread. Staff members could edit and add to the list as a consensus is reached.

I made a list of every Tier 2 page, so we can skip that step. I'll just remove the ones that are deemed to controversial and then use AWB to unlock the rest once the discussion is over.

I also don't think the Lake Trio is to controversial. I think the Sonic god tiers may be though, both game and Archie.

Pre-Crisis DC characters (Marvel/DC in general probably), Ben 10 and Dragon Ball god tiers too.

I doubt every single God of Destruction needs to be removed. Only Goku, Zeno, Whis, Jiren and Beerus. Perhaps Zamasu and Vegeta as well.

@Darkanine

Thank you very much for the help. That is a more efficient approach.

I think that the tier 2 Marvel and DC profiles should remain locked, yes. They are very controversial, particularly as the Marvel ones need quite a lot of revisions.

The tier 2 Archie profiles have gathered a lot of controversy over the years. Zen'o, Son Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, etcetera, as well.

Id imagine only the controversial ones for each verse need doing.

Also the elder scrolls, and warhammer 40k. What do you think about them?

I think that Avatar of Calamity can be unlocked safely.

Like, pretty sure that a significant part of the fanbase doesn't even know that it exists.

I'd keep Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi and Kriemhild Gretchen locked though

While I know this is a Staff-Only thread, I suggest to keep Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Character) locked, due to the controversy around his profile months ago, him being wanked, misunderstandings and confusions of the series' scans and abilities, and a user outright making fake scans to upgrade him to High 1-C once.

Guys, if you want to comment here, message a staff member with your suggestions

For Warhammer, the 4 Chaos Gods and the Emperor would need to be kept locked. Those are the only very-controversial WH40K profiles that are Tier 2, as far as I'm aware.

For SCP, SCP-682 obviously.

Anything that scales to the Chaos Gods stuff tends to be pretty controversial on other sites, so I think the other high level beings like Gork should also stay locked.

Def agree on 682. Read This also asked about Saint Seiya but I don't know enough to decide on that.

Pretty sure that the CG and people on their level need to stay locked regardless because they have tier 1 keys

I think Tier 2 Digimon minus The SGDL, Alphamon, Ygg, N.E.O, Apocalymon and Omegamon can be unlocked tbh

Smash isn't exactly my area, but I can see why they should remain locked, it looks like there is a lot of controversy about the tiers.

I agree with Dragon's list of Digimon profiles.

Read This also brought up Doki Doki Literature Club and Castlevania. Since the latter tends to get downplayed, I agree with it being unlocked while I have no diea on the former.

Edit: Wrong word.

There were some when they were first made but they seemed to have died down? Saikouw ould probably know more.

I think that you meant that Castlevania should remain locked in your above post.

Back