• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Revision: Merging 3D Spaces and Destroying Empty Space

So, is there anything left to do here, as is?
We were all waiting for you regarding what we should do with Proposal 2, whether you agreed or disagreed with the tiering of destroying empty space.

Proposal 2: The destruction of a universe-sized space is often tiered based on the content of the space itself. However, if that space is considered empty it should not be considered tierable for AP as nothing has properly been destroyed, and should only be considered range. We tier destruction feats based on the energy required to destroy something, but there is no logical way to tier the destruction or creation of a space in which there is no matter.

Clarification on your last reply
I'm speeding a bit to tackle threads I've been neglecting as of late, and all things considered this one isn't so high in the priority list, so, if there's anything left to settle after this post, I'll probably take a bit to respond. Anyway:

It's inherently a physics-breaking thing, yes, as I pointed out above. That said, DontTalk expressed an opinion in the aforementioned EE thread that I find myself very much agreeing with, namely:

I apply the same rhetoric to this case.

Personally, I'd apply the above logic to this case as well. Just tier it by however large the space in question is.

Proposal 1 can probably be placed as a brief note in the Tiering System page. Something like "Note that merging realms does not necessarily warrant a Tier 2 rating, unless said realms are provably separate spacetimes."

Talked with Ultima on Discord, he said he disagrees with Proposal 2.

He said he will say it in the thread after two days (Hopefully that's not a joke).

Talked with Ultima on Discord, he said he disagrees with Proposal 2.
Would it be inconvenient to provide a link/screenshot to the conversation that took place between both of you?

This would help prevent potential criticism from other users.

**** it. Here be proof. (Several staff members like Abstractions, DarkGrath, Planck and Glassman can attest to this being real, I took these with MS Snipping Tool).

Honestly tho I would rather wait for Ultima to say it himself in this thread in case people try to call these fake or claim that I edited the comments to make it look like Ultima agreed.

That is no longer proposal 2 for one, it has been changed amidst discussion. Anyway I will wait for him to reply here in person.

That is no longer proposal 2 for one, it has been changed amidst discussion. Anyway I will wait for him to reply here in person.
Could you specify which Proposal 2 you are referring to? This clarification would facilitate communication, allowing Ultima to address it without the need to reference the previous version, which would prolong this discussion unnecessary.

Last edited:
Wait, what? Where? What has it been changed to? Because Deagon's OP doesn't show the change.

Could you specify which Proposal 2 you are referring to? This clarification would facilitate communication, allowing Ultima to address it without the need to reference the previous version, which would prolong this discussion unnecessary.
Wait, what? Where? What has it been changed to? Because Deagon's OP doesn't show the change.
It was ultimately and I that discussed it. Deagon has not been here a while so its understandable.
Empty spaces that are destroyed through attack that travels qualifies for AP. Those done through other means are to be treated as hax or ED and they also get ST manipulation.

Those done through other means are to be treated as hax or ED
We've been doing that for most of our feats where we don't have proof that they scale to striking strength with a Universal Energy System or so. Such as Storm Feats, weather feats, Creation Feats, so on and so forth. For quite a long time at that.

But, as Ultima had clarified before, whether or not they scale to physicals will depend on a case-by-case basis. UES is one of them.

Also, as we have all discussed here, regardless of whether they scale to physicals or not, regardless of whether they are combat-applicable or not, they will still be indexable.

and they also get ST manipulation.
This is kinda iffy, as that would imply significantly affecting Tier 2 constructs in any shape or form would grant Space-Time Manip, like punching away space-times or multiverses or so on and so forth. I believe this will require more input from other staff.

It was ultimately and I that discussed it. Deagon has not been here a while so its understandable.
Empty spaces that are destroyed through attack that travels qualifies for AP. Those done through other means are to be treated as hax or ED and they also get ST manipulation.
We've been doing that for most of our feats where we don't have proof that they scale to striking strength with a Universal Energy System or so. Such as Storm Feats, weather feats, Creation Feats, so on and so forth. For quite a long time at that.

But, as Ultima had clarified before, whether or not they scale to physicals will depend on a case-by-case basis. UES is one of them.

Also, as we have all discussed here, regardless of whether they scale to physicals or not, regardless of whether they are combat-applicable or not, they will still be indexable.

This is kinda iffy, as that would imply significantly affecting Tier 2 constructs in any shape or form would grant Space-Time Manip, like punching away space-times or multiverses or so on and so forth. I believe this will require more input from other staff.
@Deagonx @KLOL506 @PrinceofPein What's left to do here?

@Ultima_Reality @DontTalkDT What do you think about granting Space-Time Manipulation to erasure or rather, destruction of empty spaces, plus those of Tier 2 and above?

Last edited:
Which staff members think what should be applied here?

Basically, granting Space-Time Manip for erasing/destroying/affecting empty spaces plus Tier 2 spaces.

That should be fine. Although it should likely be listed as "limited" so that it isn't assumed to encompass other applications of the ability beyond just destruction.

We were all waiting for you regarding what we should do with Proposal 2, whether you agreed or disagreed with the tiering of destroying empty space.
Proposal 2: The destruction of a universe-sized space is often tiered based on the content of the space itself. However, if that space is considered empty it should not be considered tierable for AP as nothing has properly been destroyed, and should only be considered range. We tier destruction feats based on the energy required to destroy something, but there is no logical way to tier the destruction or creation of a space in which there is no matter.
Here be proof. (Several staff members like Abstractions, DarkGrath, Planck and Glassman can attest to this being real, I took these with MS Snipping Tool).

Honestly tho I would rather wait for Ultima to say it himself in this thread in case people try to call these fake or claim that I edited the comments to make it look like Ultima agreed.
@Ultima_Reality @DontTalkDT What do you think about granting Space-Time Manipulation to erasure or rather, destruction of empty spaces, plus those of Tier 2 and above?
This is the only thing left to discuss now.
@Ultima_Reality @DontTalkDT

Back