• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Unlocking Project

I think all the Tier 2 Sonic profiles should stay locked, not just Archie Sonic, but game Sonic. Some fans are literally trying to mic canonicities and mistranslations as a way to upgrade Solaris to 2-A or even Tier 1 which would in turn scale to Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. Same with Immeasurable speed being rejected left and right.

Xenoblade profiles, I'm still leaning towards Shulk and Zanza remaining locked. Alvis' profile doesn't seem too controversial so I'm fine with that being unlocked, but there's a big group of people trying to downplay Shulk and using pure headcanons and scientific inaccuracies to back up their claim. Though, I'm fine if people think that's not enough for an lock, but if people start vandalizing them, then lock them for sure.

I don't have any pages in mind that haven't already been mentioned.

Actually (sorry for replying so late), Kep's idea was my optimum way of going about things since the very beginning. I'm sorry if anybody misinterpreted what I was saying.

I went through the sandbox page and removed all of the Marvel and DC profiles, and any other pages that seemed controversial or popular.

Kepekley23 said:
I think it's much more effective and safe to decide which pages are considered "too controversial" and separate them from the safely unlockable ones instead of rushing into this right away and unlocking everything all at once. For all we know it'd take days to decide how many pages would fit that criteria, since many staff members don't have lots of time to participate in this thread, and that's enough time for vandals and trolls not to pass up the opportunity to attack the now-unlocked pages.
I agree

Notified all the Content Mods (except for Andy, who's on a break and unlikely to see it anyway).

Reppuzan said:
How would we treat things like the Infinity Gauntlet?
I don't think weapons or items would have any special qualifications on this matter. If they're controversial like that or the Ultimate Annihilator, then I think they get locked as well.

So, should we keep any other pages locked/remove them from the list?

What about the Sonic the Hedgehog and Shin Megami Tensei pages, for example?

So the removal list are the ones that are deemed controversial? Are there reasonings for all of them?

Antvasima said:
So, should we keep any other pages locked/remove them from the list?
What about the Sonic the Hedgehog and Shin Megami Tensei pages, for example?
They would need to be locked.

@Crzer07

The list is for the pages that will be unlocked. We remove the ones that are controversial from being listed in it.

@Nedge1000

You or somebody else can remove them from the list if you wish then.

I know the list would include these verses to be locked:

1. Mario Bros
  2. DC Comics
  3. Marvel Comics
  4. Shin Megami Tensei
  5. Sonic the Hedgehog (The Universe)
  6. Pokémo
  7. Digimo
  8. Warhammer 40,000
  9. Masadaverse
  10. World of Darkness
  11. Dungeons and Dragons
  12. Puella Magi Verse
  13. Re:Creators
  14. The Elder Scrolls
  15. GetBackers
  16. Dragon Ball
  17. Spongebob Squarepants (Universe)
  18. Sailor Moon (Universe)
  19. Mythology
  20. Saint Seiya
  21. Lord of the Rings
  22. Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Universe)
  23. Magic: The Gathering
  24. Earthbound
  25. Gravity Falls
  26. I pretty sure there are other popular Tier 2 verses
Also, I pretty sure that we would many edits have done to the powers and abilities without listed CRT or justifications. These are cases that I found out many times when using the The Edit-Patrolling Script. Additionally, these edits tends to classified as Common editing mistakes. Likewise, trolls would likely vandalize the profiles.

Besides, most of the profiles are pretty good from a coding/Clean up standpoint. If changes are needed, CRT revisions could always be made like always.

Id like to remind that not all the profiles for these verses should be unlocked. Just the controversial ones. They may have good coding but dont forget that a lot of pages can have problems when it comes to adding matchups which often need cleaning up.

Only for Marvel and DC as far as I remember.

The controversial profiles for Mario Bros, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Shin Megami Tensei, Sonic the Hedgehog (The Universe), Pokémon, Digimon, Gravity falls, Dragon ball and Earthbound (i think ness maybe can be unlocked safely) are pretty much sorted. I think masadaverse only has 1 tier 2 character. And he isnt very controversial. So they are fine as well

What do you mean? Did you remove any characters from the list?

Yeah. The controversial characters for shin megami tensiei were mentioned in the last thread which i removed. the controversial ones for digimon that were mentioned in this thread. Most of the sonic the hedgehog ones (and all of the ones for sonic shadow and silver). The dragon ball ones that were the most controversial and the main trio for pokemon and arceus. You can check the history. Also removed dimentio, mario and bowser. Also a few others for some of the other verses mentioned but im not so sure if i got all of them. You can check the history for the page if you need to.

Was gonna remove ness but im not too sure about him.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

It is good if some experienced staff members check through the list to make sure though.

I suppose that depends on whether or not the profiles is popular or controversial in itself.

Probably the Grey Goo and Turtles of Time should stay locked. Tasty Planet is a fairly popular casual game series, and some established members were talking about that the BfS Grey Goo shouldn't be above Low 2-C, making its stats controversial.

Okay. Those pages can probably be removed then.

So are any other knowledgeable staff members willing to check through the list for entries that should be removed?

There still seem to be a lot of Shin Megami Tensei and Castlevania pages in the list. Shouldn't they be removed?

I'm not a staff member, but Kars (JORGE JOESTAR) has been a pretty controversial character in the past. Prior to his novel being translated and proper info, he was one of the most wanked characters out there. People believed he was borderline omnipotent and had every stand in existence. Prior to coming to the wiki, I saw many a flame war with him as a catalyst. This has died down in recent years following the proper translation of his novel, but I figured it was worth mentioning. Do with this info as you will, but I thought it was worth mentioning

Okay. You can remove him from the list then.

Has anybody informed the non-administrator staff members about this thread yet?

I'll be checking over and handle the popularity aspect. Basically hunt for anything by Gainax, Sunrise, Ghibli (very prominent studios), go nagai, akira toriyama, osamu tezuka, leiji matsumoto, clamp (very iconic authors and artists), all of them very popular by association. You can also just mass protect the whole categories to nail down the ones that haven't reached Tier 2.

Removing should be good enough then. Easily identified popular/iconic series would constitute the HST (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece), Holy Magical Girl Trinity (Sailor Moon, CC Sakura, Madoka Magica), Holy Gainax Mecha Trinity (Aim for the Top!, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann), Holy Anime Trinity (Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon) all to be removed without question. Plus some other less identified popular ones of course.

Back