• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tien Shinhan + Master Roshi upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk how realistic this is, but I think Cell Saga Tien (and thus Buu Saga too) deserves an upgrade to at least Small Star+. In the fight with Semi-Perfect Cell he managed to hold out for a while, and his Tri-Beam dealt a lot of damage to him. Having him at Large Planet is kinda harsh to Tien imo, as Semi-Perfect Cell is large star+ in DC and durability.

Roshi also needs an upgrade to Small Planet Level+ as in RoF and Super he shitstomped a large amount of Frieza's soldiers, who are stronger than Raditz and the Saibamen.

Tien vs Semi Perfect Cell (HD)
Tien vs Semi Perfect Cell (HD)

Dragon Ball Z Reserection Of F Z Fighters Vs Frieza's Army HD
Dragon Ball Z Reserection Of F Z Fighters Vs Frieza's Army HD

It didn't actually harm him I believe, more like had a bunch of pushback, which was annoying at best

Yeaaaaaaaah this doesn't translate to AP at all. He's just shoving him around over and over.

Likely Large Planet level (Not too far behind characters like Piccolo and Doctor Gero), higher with Kikoho, though using it too much will completely drain him of ki

---> Likely Large Planet level (Not too far behind characters like Piccolo and Doctor Gero), likely at least Small Star+ with Kikoho, though using it too much will completely drain him of ki

Then you can at least say this? I mean, Tri-Beam was Tien's ultimate attack, and the only one who could hurt SP Cell. Remember a large star+ is 7x-10x heavier than the Sun, which in turn is 330.000x heavier than the Earth and 1048x heavier than Jupiter... and as you can see Tien did hurt Cell with the Tri-Beam, annoying him in the process, while his other attacks didn't really hurt Cell.

Tien actually doesn't hurt Cell, the fact that cell is very resistence doesn't mean that he is able to support high pressures. Off topic: and now that we are discusing about durability, can someone show me the statement that say DC=durability? please

well, for the cell thing, since semi perfect cell is large star level

i wud imagine that even stopping him wud require much higher than large planet level power, but we cant be too sure of that

to be safe, i think tien can be 5-A, (much) higher with kikoho (idk to exactly what scale, that must be decided upon)

as for roshi, we have not seen him fight anyone in the bulky form in the original series (aside for oozaru goku, where he actually destroyed the moon), so this was the first time he used it in a fight

and even if he were much weaker than moon level in the bulky form in the original series, he cud have trained over several years, with his training not being shown since his gains were nigh insignificant compared to everything else ... so there may be a case for that

Hey, by logic, Tien > Ssj Goku (Frieza Saga), right? (Fought against Cell, Cell Jr.'s, by training, fought with Trunks [Filler] etc.)

If so, speed upgrade, please. Also for Krillin. (By DBS statement, At least FTL+ Reactions)

Even base Roshi has a power level of ~300 (Close to Piccolo when he destroyed the moon)

And technically, Roshi never fought someone at 100%

And, possibly, trained with Krillen during the Android Saga

Tien was beat down by a single Cell Jr. and only inconvenienced Semi-Perfect Cell. "5-A, higher with kikoho" is the best we can do. He is DEFINITELY not stronger than SSJ Goku.

Promestein said:
Tien was beat down by a single Cell Jr. and only inconvenienced Semi-Perfect Cell. "5-A, higher with kikoho" is the best we can do. He is DEFINITELY not stronger than SSJ Goku.
Watch the fight again, even Krillin withstood a while against the Cell Jrs.

Cell Jrs >>>> Androids >>>> Ssj post training 3 years >>>> Frieza saga ssj.

In filler.

Because the Cell Juniors weren't fighting seriously against the likes of Krillin and Tien, because at this point, they're fodder.

the only ones who were able to keep up against the Cell jr were Trunks and Vegeta, cuz Goku was weakened; that was showed in the anime was filler

So absolutely no change in Tien's statistics.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
master roshi can be debated
I think Tien should at the least be 5-A possibly higher because since then he has never stoped training.

As for Roshi, I don't think it was ever stated that the moon was his max for AP even in dragon ball so it's not to unresonable to say he could do more and him fighting Frieza's men proves this.

about the Frieza soldiers, maybe they haven't much durability and can be killed by attacks from characters like Tien, Yamcha and Roshi with relatively ease

Even if he didnt train... Well, he never used Max Form is fights because the "body stress", but now he was able to use it against several Frieza's warriors

And I also (Or probably I didn't ;-;) post a link about a Interview with Toriyama about Roshi and the RoF Movie

The only response I can give is:

He didn't feel like it when he died to King Piccolo when he had the power to kill him via a non-suicide=sealing-spell?

Again, He couldn't use it without phisical fatigue inthat moment...And I dont really think than piccolo is going to wait Roshi's Kamehameha to charge

Well there is the fact that the dragon balls recreated the moon... (putting Kami at 5-C)

The real cal howard said:
But there's the fact that Kami was subsequently matched by DB Piccolo...
King Piccolo<Kid Goku<<<Popo<<Kami<<<Piccolo Jr. Whose tier was based on an attack that Goku pretty much tanked

Let me answer this thread in one word:

OUTLIER

Roshi's moon busting and Tien stopping Cell feat have been discussed and resolved/debunked as outlier multiple times.

I am extremely disappointed in the staff members, (particularly TLT1) for engaging this discussion, despite there already being a verdict about it.

Lord Kavpeny said:

OUTLIER

Roshi's moon busting and Tien stopping Cell feat have been discussed and resolved/debunked as outlier multiple times.

I am extremely disappointed in the staff members, (particularly TLT1) for engaging this discussion, despite there already being a verdict about it.
Whats an outlier?

Lord Kavpeny said:

OUTLIER

Sorry Kav...

Click "Outlier" he literally linked it to you. in simple terms it's inconsistencies with the rest of their showings or standing/portrayal in the series

Anyway this thread should be closed, it's been discussed multiple times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back