• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This small problem I have with the Final Egg Blaster and the Chaos Emeralds

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
IMPORTANT: I'm not trying to make the Super Forms drop tiers (They would still be 4-A if this is accepted), I'm just trying to adjust their AP.

So here's the deal:
The Chaos Emeralds are treated as supperior to the Final Egg Blaster for reasons that have been repeated over and over. Simple, right?
There's a small problem though. When Emerl copies the Final Egg Blaster,
it takes a full minute to charge and fire. If the power output of the Chaos Emeralds was truly superior to the fully charged Final Egg Blaster, then the charge should be instantaneous.

What I propose:
Scale the Chaos Emeralds to 1/60 of the power of the Final Egg Blaster (AKA, the energy the Final Egg Blaster could build in one second). This downgrades the 4-A characters from 5.7080720809357496588257095579433 ExaFoe to 95.13453468 PetaFoe.

The justification would change to "Multi-Solar System level (Can build up the energy required to fire the Final Egg Blaster in a single minute)"

That's all.

To boot, there's even a note on the profile as to why we scale the Chaos Emeralds above the FEB due to there being about three threads on it in the past and contention about the Chaos Emeralds scaling to it. And after about two months of arguing (give or take some weeks) across multiple threads, it was deemed valid.

I'm... Confused. You do know the Final Egg Blaster isn't powered by the Chaos Emeralds, correct?
Yes, I'm saying that if the Chaos Emeralds are superior to the fully loaded Final Egg Blaster, then Emerl, who has all 7, should be able to charge the attack immediately

And "Eggman calls their power 'unimaginable' and he can build 4-A weapons" is fine until you realize that:
1. The statement was made 4 full games before Battle.
2. The 4-A weapon that he build has a lightyears-wide range and a single shot per minute, meaning it isn't useful under mosts contexts.

Yes, I'm saying that if the Chaos Emeralds are superior to the fully loaded Final Egg Blaster, then Emerl, who has all 7, should be able to charge the attack immediately
Emerl has all seven inside of him to unlock his abilities, he wasn't using any emeralds to power the FEB, this argument is non sensical
And "Eggman calls their power 'unimaginable' and he can build 4-A weapons" is fine until you realize that:
2. The 4-A weapon that he build has a lightyears-wide range and a single shot per minute, meaning it isn't useful under mosts contexts.
No, the statment is made in Sonic Advance 3, a game canonically after Battle, you are ignoring context

Emerl has all seven inside of him to unlock his abilities, he wasn't using any emeralds to power the FEB, this argument is non sensical
Every attack he ever copied is implemented in his body and, by extension, powered by the Chaos Emeralds.

Unless... he didn't actually copy the FEB and just pointed it at Earth. Which would be weird.
No, the statment is made in Sonic Advance 3, a game canonically after Battle, you are ignoring context
Then why when I look the image up I end up reading the Sonic Advance manual?

Any other attack he copies is impemented inside his body, why would I assume the FEB is different?

Emerl wasn’t using the Emeralds to charge the FEB so I don’t get this premise.

It’s repeatedly stated Eggman seeks the Emeralds for their “ultimate power” before and after Battle, they should be superior to his inventions.

Any other attack he copies is impemented inside his body, why would I assume the FEB is different?
There’s a limit to Emerl’s absorption. After capturing an unknown amount of energy from the FEB’s blast Emerl was overloaded, which of course ultimately resulted in his death. He couldn’t successfully replicate the weapon’s power and ended up destroying himself as a result.

I think it is more of a Final Egg Blastor problem than anything to do with Chaos emeralds, analogously like a faucet size being unaffected even if you increase the volume of water in tank.

Or take Colt M4 for example, even if you increase the magazine capacity and increase the gunpowder in the shell to increase bullet momentum when shot, the rate of fire remains the same of the gun mechanism.
That does not mean we downgrade the muzzle energy and capacity of the gun.

So I disagree with downgrades.

This thread’s premise is kinda just completely false since the Emeralds weren’t charging the FEB.

This thread’s premise is kinda just completely false since the Emeralds weren’t charging the FEB.
The premise was based on Emerl copying the FEB inside his body like any other technique he aquires, I didn't know his copying ability suddenly worked different for a singular weapon during the entire game.

Back