• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let the AP mend it

Not too long ago, we had a thread scaling the cast of Sonic to 4-A via the Final Egg Blaster. It was intended to be a flat rating, but most staff kinda just chose “likely” then dipped without going back to read counter-arguments that addressed their problems. So I, alongside several of the Sonic Scholars, have gathered scans with the collective purpose of convincing the staff as to why it should be a flat rating instead.

Without further ado, let's begin.

The Contentions
  • "It’s an outlier" / "It's not consistent enough"
  • Hype statements

The Counters
  • In all honestly, I think we set too strict of a precedent for what an outlier is. I don’t think that every time there’s a feat that’s tiers above every other value currently accepted means that it’s an outlier. Especially when there’s a lack of anti-feats. Going from the stellar range to the high stellar range doesn’t even seem that crazy from a narrative sense. But anyways, onto the tangible evidence. In Sonic Forces, during the final bout of the game, Eggman alters Null Space to contain stars and nebulous looking clouds. While the constructs created by the Phantom Ruby are illusions brought into reality, these illusions are JUST as formidable as the originals. They require power from the Phantom Ruby itself to supply. It was the reason they were searching for the power source of the Phantom Ruby throughout the game. This is further supported by Eggman being able to create far more clones than Infinite ever could with a stronger power source (The original Phantom Ruby). So creating a starry sky Null Space should warrant at least 4-A (Arguably higher when you consider the size of Null Space normally). In addition, Eggman within the IDW continuity (Which is canon to the games) created his own reality which contains stars within it among many other things. In addition, while Sonic was rendered unconscious by continuous exposure to it, Sonic was able to survive inside of an artificially generated black hole created by the Wispon’s energy which was calculated at 4-B So feats of these level aren’t particularly new to Sonic. In fact, there’s more feats going beyond tier 4-A then there are Tier 5/4 feats that Sonic would scale to. But that’s for another time.
  • I don’t really get this hype statement argument. The premise is that Eggman is only stating he created his strongest invention yet because… because? To showboat without reason? Let’s go over some of these statements for a closer look. The first scan isn’t from Eggman, but rather a documentation of Eggman’s Egg Dragoon. It is stated to be the pinnacle of mad science at that point in time. It’s made using YEARS of research on Sonic with the intention to defeat him. I’d say this one is pretty clear cut since it’s not by Eggman, and took years of research with the intent of beating Sonic and is stated to be the pinnacle of his work at that point. The next is the Nega Wisp armor. Eggman explicitly states it’s special because it’s powered by Hyper-go-on energy. Some of the most abundant and powerful energy Eggman has seen by that point. Stating it to be invincible. Why this matters is because Eggman created Gemerl. A perfect combat warrior made USING Emerl’s data after his defeat at the end of Battle. A robot who goes as far as surpassing the original, being able to access a super-like state with the Chaos Emeralds and combat Super Sonic whereas Emerl was unable to pull off such a feat. Only being comparable to Base Sonic after absorbing all 7 Emeralds. Next scan is Eggman’s Egg Robo from Lost World. This is stated to be his Ultimate combat robot. In addition, it’s fueled by a source that Eggman states has destructive force that cannot be measured. The fact that he created the Death Egg which fuels the Final Egg Blaster which is accepted as Multi-Solar System speaks volumes about what this statement means. It simply means the energy from Sonic’s world > Final Egg Blaster (stranger things have happened in fiction). The last scans are about Infinite being Sonic’s strongest adversary yet. This is pretty well supported. Sonic couldn’t beat Infinite, in fact, he was defeated handily at the beginning of the game. Whereas he beat both Gemerl AND Emerl. Both of which should be Multi-Solar. With Emerl himself having DIRECTLY copied the incredible power of the Final Egg Blaster. With Gemerl being a successor to Emerl as mentioned earlier and able to handle more energy without the same limitations as Emerl. To further support this, the Phantom Ruby prototype Infinite was using in Forces was powered BY the Death Egg(Among other sources). The same source of power OF the Final Egg Blaster.
    • Due to all of this, it's clear to see that 4-A levels of power is something that is far more consistent than some believed. The Final Egg Blaster and Emerl, who are the foundation of said scaling. Gemerl, who upscales from Emerl. The Nega Wisp and Hyper-go-on energy (thus the Wisps by proxy). The lifeforce energy of Sonic's Earth being incalculable compared to even the Final Egg Blaster, with said lifeforce energy powering the Super Eggrobo in Lost World And lastly the Phantom Ruby itself, shaping constellations within Null Space using its power.

Agree: 16 (@BlastX, @Remus1998, @Psychomaster35, @Starbrand_Fan, @Dalesean027, @Eseseso, @Mephistus, @LordGriffin1000, @MysticMania, @Maverick_Zero_X, @StrymULTRA, @CloverDragon03, @ShakeResounding, @Brogeefrong, @Hiryu-Z, @Starter_Pack)
Neutral: 1 (@Theuser789)
Disagree: 0

Last edited:
The OP looks alright but just to ask, y'all are certain they aren't busted up by or struggle with lesser 4-A feats consistently? Because on the arguments, one is "it's an outlier" which leads me to believe there was more to it? If the characters have no glaring issue with stuff less than tier 4 then sure, I'm all for 4-A but since i don't follow sonic like that, I obviously had to ask the question.

Super Shadow did have all his energy spent after fighting the Finalhazard and moving the Ark back to orbit, think that’s the only time.

The OP looks alright but just to ask, y'all are certain they aren't busted up by or struggle with lesser 4-A feats consistently? Because on the arguments, one is "it's an outlier" which leads me to believe there was more to it? If the characters have no glaring issue with stuff less than tier 4 then sure, I'm all for 4-A but since i don't follow sonic like that, I obviously had to ask the question.
Not really. People didn't have any issues with Sonic's current Tier being Tier 4 which they deemed pretty consistent. The issue was when it came to Tier 4-A lacking many showings.

Not really. People didn't have any issues with Sonic's current Tier being Tier 4 which they deemed pretty consistent. The issue was when it came to Tier 4-A lacking many showings.
Then I don't really see the issue. It's only a real problem if the have a consistent struggle when performing feats of a much lower caliber. So unless someone provides enough anti-feats, you can put me under agreeing.

I agree with removing the bloat, but I am still neutral on 4-A. I am Flfine with either removing 4-A or 4-C, although leaning to 4-C. Emerl at least directly scales to 4-A rather than 4-C.

48 hours have elapsed since thread creation, and we've received nigh-unanimous agreement from 3 admins and additional staff. This can be applied :]

I'm currently off to the gym, but once I finish and settle back home I'll help in the edits. Afaik, only Modern Sonic needs to be unlocked.

Seeing everyone slowly getting changed to MSS level:

FAgwmvtVIAI7OaV.jpg

Back