• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Writer (DC) = The Hand (Godhead)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Logos is a direct manifestation of God, and is also treated as nearly synonymous with The Source in function with the difference that it is clearly sentient, then IT CANNOT be merged with Monitor-Mind The Overvoid, which is the most primal nothingnes from which even God was formed.

You cannot ignore decades of comicbooks depicting The Logos as one thing, just because of your interpretation of one storyline, which you have yet to back up with evidence.

In short, there is absolutely no reason to believe that The Source is the Overvoid, and that The Logos is the Life-Entity. It goes against every single depiction of the things.

Thanks for the scan, but I have seen them already. You should also read the scans I posted too. You seem to be misinterpreting me, mate. I'm not stating that the Source entity is the Overvoid. I'm stating that there is a difference between Morrison's Source and the Source entity.

Again, why did Morrison state "the Source is the White Page?" Why did he say that Monitor Mind is "the Source and the Unknowable?" He wasn't creating something new - the Source entity is still there, within the Source/Overvoid. Kirby's Source originated from the Void. However, the Overvoid is the true Source of all things, hence why Grant Morrison keeps referring to the Overvoid as the Source.

The recent Green Lantern comics seem to show the Source as a location, a vast white space where both the Reservoir of Emotional Energy exists and also where the Life Equation was discovered. The Source entity doesn't come into play.

And again, the Word is NOT the Life Entity. However, I do believe that the "Word" they were referring to was the Life Equation. Again, it is the instructions that gave rise to the DC Multiverse in Godhead.

There is not.

Your argument: Morrison's concept art. My argument: Decades of consistent depictions throughout both DC and Vertigo comics.

The Source has always been both a "location", a state of being and an entity. It is what exists beyond the Source Wall, nothing new.

I think you've failed to see my argument. I'm stating that when someone refers to the "Source" in the modern DCU, it doesn't necessarily mean Kirby's Source. It is now being used as a title for the Overvoid. Also, why isn't the Source shown as being any different on the maps?

Then why does Morrison explicitly mentioned an attempt to fuse Kirby's Source, God and The Monitors when explaining The Void during the IGN interview.

I also think that it makes more sense to simply consider the Source as an aspect of the Overmonitor.

Exactly. That's what I've been saying. Kirby's Source, as a location, IS now the Overvoid. The Source is the White Page, as shown and stated on both maps. The Source entity is separate, an aspect of the Source/Overvoid. A lot has changed, man. I mean, the Silver City used to exist beyond Creation, but now, it is only in the Sphere of the Gods, on the same level as New Genesis.

I still disagree. Saying that The Source is the Overvoid would make people assume It IS High 1-A, when its only 1-A.

The Silver City exists beyond the Physical Multiverse. Not all Creations are equal.

I see where you are coming from. Most depictions of the Source usually portray it as an entity, or something spawned from the Overvoid. Obviously just 1-A.

It's still maddening, because the word "Source" has been used to refer to the Overvoid in more recent times. One of the scans on the Overvoid's profile page called it the "Source" in bold letters.

In Godhead, it really seemed like the latter applied to me, particularly because the depiction of it resemble the Overvoid more that the Source as an entity.

On a side note, the Silver City. If it exists above the physical universe, does that mean the Presence did not create the New Gods? They exists on the same level as the Silver City.

But I think that we already list most manifestations of a "God" within DC Comics to be aspects of the Overmonitor. Aspects/shadows are not anywhere near equal in power to the true entity however.

Yeah, it's just that the Source portrayed in Godhead and New Guardians reminded me more of the Overvoid than other depictions of the Source. It was just a white expanse of nothing. When I saw that Grant Morrison has likened the Source (as a location) to the Overvoid, I simply thought that is what the writers in Godhead had intended. They went out of their way to make sure the Source didn't appear as an entity. Eh, whatever.

But still, it would be a little confusing to see the Overvoid referred to as the Source on it's profile page. Are we aware there is a scan on the Overvoid's profile that refers to the Overvoid as "the Source?"

Yeah, the first scan, I posted. "In the beginning was the Void." "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was the Source." The first scan also showed the entirety of the DC Multiverse forming in the Void.

That is not evidence at all. There Will always be a void in the beginning, and the first entity which emerges Will also be in the beginning. The Hand was shown creating a 2-A Multiverse, and The Word being The Source is actually referring to all the times they were depicted as one, which I Listed before.

I still think that Matthew makes sense. This is starting to get repetitive and time-wasting. Perhaps it would he best to close this thread?

That's not enough evidence? Well, I guess the Source could have existed within the Void, hence why they were both said the same.

The only other piece of evidence I could give is that the Source Wall surrounded the entire DC Multiverse in Godhead, much like in Grant Morrison's map. In Morrison's map, only the White Page existed beyond the Source Wall. Keep in mind that under the current continuity, the Source (as a location) is the same as the Overvoid - they are the White Page.

Nope, three things exist beyond The Source Wall in Morrison's map. Destiny, Source and Overmonitor.

This Thread is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back