• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Warden (For Honor) vs Tusk (Classic) - Dare to be bold

The Warden sighed as he trudged through the muddy forest, it'd been months since Apollyon was slain and yet he still found himself dealing with her forces and their remnants. His ears perked up upon hearing sounds of what was clearly a battle with the clashing of blades, the Warden dashed through the mud and came across what looked like some viking that effortlessly cleaved his way through the force of Blackstone Legion soldiers. The viking wiped the blood off his blade before glancing at the Warden's presence there.

"Hail warrior, take it you were with them? Then face me." he muttered as he hefted his blade.

The Warden sighed, it seemed that this was calling for action over words. "Nay, thou I doubt you'll listen to me otherwise. Prepare thyself." he calmly stated as he too raised his weapon for the ensuing clash.

• Speed is equalised
  • Both are of course 9-B
  • Both are 3 metres apart
  • SBA otherwise
Tis but a scratch!: 5

To crush my enemies and see them driven before me!: 0

Incon: 1

Last edited:
Uuuuh, this looks fun.

• AP's about the same, 0.0029 for Warden and 0.0024 for Tusk (who also has damage boost), but them wielding swords kind of makes it negligible.
  • Tusk has the LS advantage, scaling to those who can swing around the 700 lbs Riptor, while Warden scales to Apollyon, which seems to breach into Class 1 from a Peak Human upscaling, and I guess Superhuman would be more fitting. This helps Tusk if they were to push their swords against each other's, and maybe even disarm him in that way. Grappling isn't too likely to happen, but if it does, then Tusk got the upper hand on that regard.
  • Warden has armor while Tusk is almost naked, so that's a plus for the former.
  • The Warden's enhanced senses would help him cover blind spots and possible ''Back Stab''s (the move) from Tusk.
  • Tusk seems to have better Acrobatics, jumping higher to get out of reach if necessary or prevail in jumping clashes, but Warden compensates with dodging rolls..
  • The Warden's bombs are very good tools, especially the smoke and stun. Tusk has dealt with projectile users before, so he might not be completely not used to them, but they are still there and work. On his side Tusk has Pillar of Flames, which would be good as a point-blank move and might set Warden on fire, but it's arguably less useful.
  • Performing and landing a No Mercy would probably be a win for Tusk, as both would do massive damage, and Warden wouldn't be able to set himself free from neither the meteor nor the dinosaur, as they restrain and kill characters who scale to Tusk's LS.
  • The healing banner and super stamina are pretty good advantages for Warden.
  • Skill-wise I wouldn't be able to tell who's got the advantage, both has fought on the first line in wars and against armies, have battled inhuman and superhuman opponents (although Warden seems to have the edge towards humanoids, while Tusk with monsters and creeps), and have their good share of 1v1 battle experience.
All in all, both have pretty good advantages that the other can't reliably compensate, and their amount kinda of cancels them out, given how comparable they are in other factors.
For now I'd vote Inconclusive.

Last edited:
Warden's LS is scaling to Lawbringer and other heroes who can crush skulls, helmets, and crack necks with one hand actually, but I more or less agree with the rest of the assessment

That's still within the Peak Human range afaik, although iirc breaking necks with a single hand might breach into Class 1, but I'm not sure.
Still, I believe that tossing around a 700lbs character still surpasses those feats.

The fun thing about this battle is that if the Warden's armor scaled beyond his physicals like how armor does in real life, the dynamics would be very interesting, as bare flesh/soft armor is precisely the sort of thing that swords are the most efficient against, but Tusk's superior LS (I mean, I think that crushing helmets and skulls should be Class 1, but it still isn't as impressive as throwing a 700 lbs. raptor around, no) would prove to be amazingly useful, as the best way to deal with armored foes is precisely through grappling with the blade and forcing the sword between the armor's gaps. It is almost a shame that the fight is between superhumans that aren't bothered much by armor, nor is said armor that important to the Warden's physicals.

In any case, yeah, Saman's assessment is very fair. The Warden seems to have a small range advantage with a proper longsword instead of Tusk's shorter weapon, but it is negligible between fighters of this caliber and on this degree of superhumanity, with both having range-enhancing abilities. I feel like that the Warden has a greater edge on a duel if he immediatly goes for smoke bombing and guerrila'ing the stuff out of Tusk, even if Tusk also started strong with his best stuff, but I dunno, both seem rather out of character and unlikely.

I am inclined to say Inconclusive too. If I was forced to pick a side, I'd be slightly favouring the Warden, but as Saman said, both ahve really good chances to win and have parts of the kit that aren't easy for the other to answer, with Tusk's kit being better at a prolonged, direct confrontation and the Warden's being more useful for an all-out conflict that uses the scenery and all that. How the fight would progress would determine the winner.

Crushing skulls has been officially calced as peak human.
Eh, that sounds fundamentally wrong with me. I mean, I'm suspicious of calcs by nature, but human skulls being crushable by humans, even if extremely strong ones, outside of some situations like when the skull is already damaged or softened somehow... it feels very wrong. But fair enough, since that is accepted by the wiki's standards.

I think it's more like a case of peak human energy output, but superhuman in terms of how said energy is exerted.
The calc gives 500 kg of energy required, and while true the current world record is 542 kg (according to our LS page) that was a deadlift held on for like a second, quite different from using both arms to squash a skull.

There's an ongoing CRT and once it goes through, Warden will be the one who has the Lifting Strength advantage

Okay, the Warden now has Class 5 lifting strength, so I think I'll change my vote to Warden due to one of Tusk's few advantages being eliminated as a result

Yeah, I'm prone to switching my vote too.
Now the Warden has the advantage and could probably fight back the dinosaur, even though it would still be a trouble.
I doubt he could free himself from the meteor because of the sheer size and weight such kind of rock should realistically possess, and while still a wincon, I think the Warden's has more now.

Back