• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killer Instinct Ultra Revision 3: Powers, Abilities and some more things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we have sufficient agreements here to apply this currently?

I'm already doing it, one profile at a time, 5 have already been published (Jago, Shadow Jago, Orchid, TJ Combo and Thunder).

These above are things I've found while preparing the updated profiles.

I'm already doing it, one profile at a time, 5 have already been published (Jago, Shadow Jago, Orchid, TJ Combo and Thunder).

These above are things I've found while preparing the updated profiles.
Sabrewulf should have Curse manipulation too... as a lycanthrope, it can pass on the curse of lyanthropy to others by biting them

Pretty sure that is old comic stuff and its not counted as canon
Like when the updated Sabrewulf profile says he was cursed due to the scratch of the werewolf's severed paw and also mentions he received the werewolf curse.

As a werewolf he should be able to do the same with his bite.

It is already accounted under the form of corruption type 2 (which is even in the op of this thread) and it is even mentioned in the werewolf physiology section.

It's fine, contact-based corruption is type 1, I made a mistake while writing the previous message.

I'm currently updating the profiles, but in this period I have very little time and energy due to real life stuff (mostly university), and thus the entire process is taking quite some time.

I have currently updated 7 profiles, and I'm about to finish the next one (Glacius).

Anyone who's interested in following my progress can check this sandbox, which is where I work on the KI profiles before publishing them.

I'm going on with the work, and I'm almost done with Kan-Ra's updated profile.
Today I'm asking to add another couple of things I've noticed.

The first is about Kan-Ra, specifically his technique called Sacrifice. With this, he blows himself up in a cloud of sand, and reforms himself entirely from a Sand Trap (a thing he can leave on the ground to perform some moves).
Because of this effect, I think he should have limited immortality type 8, and maybe even 4.
Limited because Sand Traps need to be placed and disappear after a while, but if one is in place, and Kan-Ra were to be destroyed, he could just reform himself from one of those. Keep in mind that this isn't teleportation, as Kan-Ra himself takes damage, to further point out the fact he is actually blowing himself up.

The second is about Classic Black Orchid.
I've recently discovered she has a unique No Mercy finisher in Killer Instinct Gold, with which she burns the opponent alive with her Firecat technique.
She already has Fire Manipulation via Tonfa Fire, so this finisher would just expand the justification and then be listed in the NA&T section.

Makes me wonder if there's a better feat for LS, but I don't think there is...
Speaking of this, I found another one while I was writing Aganos's profile, and the result is Class K.

Unlike the previous one, which applied to both Sabre and Mira, thus making it consistent across characters in that tier, this was only performed by Aganos, who is generally depicted as much stronger than the rest of the cast, on top of his physical strength being praised multiple times.

Because of these reasons it applies only to Aganos, Gargos and Eyedol (the latter two are immensely stronger than Aganos, even in LS because of Shadow Energy).

This would also be a possibly/likely (tell me which one is better), as the context of the feat is rather clear but lacks in details and isn't actually shown.

This would also be a possibly/likely (tell me which one is better), as the context of the feat is rather clear but lacks in details and isn't actually shown.
"Possibly" methinks, even if Aganos should be way stronger than Sabrewulf

Also, something I should've mentioned but realized a long time ago, Riptor's weight is never said but based on this, and 50 lbs being 5% of her bodyweight, that would make her 1000 lbs, or 453.59237 kilograms.

Could the others backscale?
Unfortunately no one has wrestled or restrained him, and when Kan-Ra tried to bind him up with his bandages Aganos just snapped them with ease.
LS is also one of those stats that we don't scale out of simple fights, as we do for AP, and there might be unbalancings even in a verse with a Universal Energy System, similarly to Riptor's subsonic running speed.

Sabre and Mira's feat was different, because the two don't have any physical or racial trait in common, so it's safe to say that characters in their league are all capable of such feat.

Gargos and Eyedol are laughably stronger than everyone and super powered with Shadow Energy, which should make scaling feasible.

Since the new calculation has been accepted by our calc group, the results from it can probably be applied to the characters that scale from it.

Just a heads up about something little, but that I've still messed up, despite it being obvious.

In the previous thread it was agreed to give Peak Human, possibly Superhuman travel speed to Guardian owners because they explicitly receive an overall superhuman amp in regards to physical stats, and since I overlooked the thing a little bit, I thought it would have been fair to scale other characters to this because of similar levels of Shadow Energy (which is a Universal Energy Source).

Then when I really thought about it I realized that it doesn't make sense, because not only some are clearly faster or slower than Guardian owners (Riptor, Hisako when walking etc..) but the speed amp doesn't even come from Shadow Energy in the first place.

So, everyone who either doesn't own a Guardian or doesn't have their own feats shouldn't have specific travel speed ratings (meaning everyone save for Riptor's subsonic speed and Hisako's slow ass walk [even though she can dash and crawl at higher speed]).

It is DONE!
Even the last character, Gargos, has been updated!

I have yet to update the verse page (I will do it later today), but the majority of the work has been concluded.
This overhaul of the verse took me forever, almost a year and several months only to edit the modern characters. It was extremely tiring but also very satisfying. Each profile took me a long time, with all the stuff I wanted to include and write down, but I must say I'm satisfied with the result.
Killer Instinct deserved it, for the great series it is and the love I feel for it.

I will keep this thread open for some more time, and unless I forgot something minor (which is very possible) the next revision will be once a future game comes out (hopefully, come on Microsoft).

In the future I will make profiles for the remaining characters (Mira, Eyedol, Maya, Kilgore, Eagle and Sadira), but for now I will rest and work on something else.

Thank a lot for being dedicated to improving the reliability of our wiki, Saman. It is very appreciated.

I thought combat speed was included with the reactions.
Did I misinterpret the page?
No, Reaction speed is what speed you can react, whether it be combat or otherwise, however Combat Speed is how quick you can attack and generally move combatively, like a composite of less advanced attack speed and movement speed, while straight up movement speed is how fast you can cross a distance, this is most often used for flight users nowadays.

I knew about movement speed, but I thought we include combat speed with reactions.

I will update all the files later accordingly.

People do like to say "combat speeds and reactions" for speed lol
Cool, that's redundant and they don't need to. They can if they wanna, I guess, it's just not needed.
But not the other way around, right? So I have to write both reactions and combat speed?
Yes, but if they can fight each other normally, and I assume they can since fighting game, combat speed would end up scaling to reactions.

All the profiles have been updated with just "Combat Speed".

Overtime I will update the profiles of other series where I made the same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back