• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killer Instinct Ultra Revision 2: Stats and Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet, I prefer edit everything in a single round, and I believe other people might have more things to say and questions to make, I'm not in a hurry and I don't need to rush the revision, also because I'm still gathering and looking for more P&A for the next revision.

I don't buy the concept that they would have just been obliterated into millions of pieces if the blade was much, much higher in tier only because fiction doesn't always follow by rules of reality, so I'd rather avoid that argument.

However, the blade is specifically designed to kill Gargos, just because it doesn't negate durability in the manner that it phases through objects wouldn't detract from this fact. Gargos is even telling us that a full power Tusk is still nowhere near his equal and while you might not think that isn't saying much because of what the gap in tiers would be, it would be putting more emphasis on the fact that the blade is what Tusk's strength is, and not himself.
By that logic, we can debunk anything by saying ficition doesn't always work like that

It can also be argued that Tusk wasn't holding back at all, he straight up went for the kill, and still it took him 2 hits to destroy Aria.

I think we only need to establish what's better for their running speed, either Peak Human or Superhuman, and then get more input from staff members.

@Cyberblader90

Do you have anything to say here? This already has sufficient agreement to be passed, so if you have any arguments that can change things, you're welcome to make them soon.

Gargos could have held back, though, while you can't really restrict a sword.
Well, it is a living thing with a spirit inside, but we are going to make too many assumptions without anything supporting that.

Is much more likely that this weapon, which is repeteadly described as being made with the specific purpose of killing Gargos, has dura/immort negging powers. instead of incredibly high AP.
Gargos was going in for the kill, no reason to hold back to tier 9. It being made to kill doesnt have to with dura neg, its the only weapon that can overcome his immortality. It still has to overcome his durability to do so, via its wielder tusk.

Gargos was going in for the kill, no reason to hold back to tier 9.
Not at all, even after overpowering them, he still delayed the kill just to toy with them. He's very arrogant, and know they don't stand a chance against him, it's entirely possible, in-character and even a common trait of characters like him, to toy with his victims before killing them.
And all of that (including the hits they landed on Gargos) happened when they didn't have any superpower or guardian spirit, they were common humans.

And still, we have plenty of statements and demonstrations of them being nowhere equal to Gargos, and that he can overpower them the very moment he decides to do it.
I don't know what kind of scaling would this be, especially when half of the fight occurred when they where even much weaker than their standard. It is also unsupported by anything else. As a wiki, we've never scaled characters from a fight where the opponent is incredibly more powerful than them, to the point of stomping them the moment he gets serious

It being made to kill doesnt have to with dura neg, its the only weapon that can overcome his immortality. It still has to overcome his durability to do so, via its wielder tusk.
Not really, the point of Durability Negation is that you don't overcome durability with raw power, but with special properties, which is the case for War-Gram, composed of the energy of the Ichories specifically to slay Gargos.
This is also supported by characters weaker than Gargos being able to survive hits specifically delivered with the intent of killing.

Last edited:
If that was Cyber's last post, I don't think it was something that changed things too much to override the amount of agreement the thread already has. I guess it's okay to move ahead with the changes unless there is something else to discuss.

Even more time has passed, I'd say we can proceed and close the thread.

As I said in the op, I'd prefer to apply the changes all together, as a final CRT for powers and abilities will arrive soon.

Sure, you can move ahead with the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back