• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tracked down Eddy's handstand helicopter kick, although in real life it's quite different, and Orchid's isn't the same anyway. However, looking around Capoiera still has a lot of handstands, so I'm not sure if addressing it anyway in Orchid's file (even just a generic "resembles Capoeira) or just limit it to gymnastic.

Should KI1-only characters have NPI?

Since it's mostly a gameplay-related thing, and the spirit move exists only in KI2, I think KI1 shouldn't have NPI, but I'm open to the opposite opinion.

Most profiles are ready, those left are the ones that appeared only in a single game, so their making process will be faster.

Also, I've been thinking that some characters should have fire manipulation instead of or along energy manip.

Spinal: He can imbue his sword and fire skulls that have an orange glow. I initially called it energy (as written in the op) because it looked more like it, and because the same glow appeared on his shield whenusing Power Devour. However, I noticed that Soul Sword leaves a flaming trail on the opponent, the same move in KI2 is called Flame Blade andSearing Skull leaves the same trail. That trail is used even for other characters with different colors (Like Glacius' projectiles leave a blue trail) but I think it's safe to say the orange one is used to mark moves made of fire.

Thunder: Same as Spinal, he can cover his body and weapons in an energy glow, without leaving any trail. But his Phoenix attack leaves the aforementioned trail, the Phoenix is usually a creature made of fire and Thunder's intro shows the phoenix itself, which looks like fire.

Tusk: Same, a glow on his sword which I initally called energy, but now I think it's fire. The glow is orange and one of Tusk's super moves is called Pillar of Flames, which is an advanced version of the move I linked before (Skull Splitter), and it actually makes columns of fire.

I'm uncertain about these two renders, which one do you all think is better? Both are for the very same character, Ritpor, but for some reason Rare made it green in the first artwork, while in the game it is red.
B3eOrxq.png
HZTnuJQ.png

I like red but generally I enjoy old videogame renders so I'm a bit biased. It's got more personality though

If red is the main colour, that should preferably be used.

Any changes have been done in the profiles so far?
No, those will be made with the next revision.

Waiting for the 2016 KI revision be like:
Waiting-Memes-52918-2978a33.jpg
Profile making takes time, I'm going on day by day, but recently I've been having less and less time.
You can check my progress here.

About the research for the reboot, I'm done with textual stuff, I have to compile stuff from gameplay and the Shadow Lords campaign in terms of optional items and dialogues.

Profile making takes time, I'm going on day by day, but recently I've been having less and less time.
Yay
About the research for the reboot, I'm done with textual stuff, I have to compile stuff from gameplay and the Shadow Lords campaign in terms of optional items and dialogues.
It’s kinda haram that so much lore is in optional drops from Shadow Lord’s

No, those will be made with the next revision.

Ok.

Also Riptor is female.

Maybe, we don't really know, but Riptor being a female is a addition of the reboot, it doesn't apply to OG Riptor, who's referred with neutral pronoun.

Some more specifics I want to report:

I didn't give Damage Boost to Cinder because his only Shadow Move is the Teleport

I didn't give Broadway Force to Eyedol because he doesn't have any finisher, Humiliation included. I switched the justification for his Damage Boost to the move Stomp, which allows him to do Super Head Charge and Triple Fireball, basically a move used to replace the Shadow Moves mechanic he doesn't have.

Eyedol should also have Natural Weaponry, he possesses a horn on each head and seemingly uses them when performing Headbutt.

Last edited:
Some more specifics I want to report:

I didn't give Damage Boost to Cinder because his only Shadow Move is the Teleport

I didn't give Broadway Force to Eyedol because he doesn't have any finisher, Humiliation included. I switched the justification for his Damage Boost to the move Stomp, which allows him to do Super Head Charge and Triple Fireball, basically a move used to replace the Shadow Moves mechanic he doesn't have.

Eyedol should also have Natural Weaponry, he possesses a horn on each other and seemingly uses them when performing Headbutt.
That seems fine to me.

Another quick thing I've encountered.

Basically, at the start of her first No Mercy, Maya throws an energy dagger. This should grant her Energy Projection.

Regarding overall updates, I'm about to finish Maya's profile, after I'll make Gargos (which will be really quick) and then only a blog for Fulgore's laser, then the revision will finally be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back