• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killer Instinct Ultra Revision 3: Powers, Abilities and some more things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
The last of the complete overhaul of the series, the title is explicit enough, so let's go.

But first, a premise:
Some of the following powers and abilities come from specific choices that only some characters can do in the Shadow Lords campaign. More details in this blog, which also serves to gather the relevant ones.

General stuff:

I made a new version of the character selection section (for both continuities) of the verse page, which I believe is way better than the current one.

All the characters that were part of the Alliance would get the following thins as optional equipment. This blog contains the description of the items and details about what they are, which characters would get them and more.
Said characters would also receive a tabber in the P&A section detailing what they get from their optional equipment. These powers, divided by type of item, would be:

• Consumables: Various forms of Healing, Damage Boost, Power Modification (Fragile Mirror), Energy Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement (stun), Invulnerability, Power Nullification (Embalmed Wolf Heart)
  • Artifacts: Various forms of Healing, Resurrection, Life Manipulation (Life Ember), Damage Boost, Energy Manipulation, Probability Manipulation (Demon Talismans), Nanomachines, Damage Reduction, Power Bestowal/Status Effect Inducement (Lizard Feet), Information Analysis (Recon Array Mk I), Purification, Corruption, Absorption (Veins and Lungs of Gargos), Prediction (Eye of Gargos), Statistics Amplification (Spirit and Flesh of Gargos), Damage Transferal (I don't know what else this could be; Mummy Talisman)
  • Guardians: Statistics Amplification (ATK and DEF), Damage Boost, Rage Power and Reactive Power Level (Lion), Limited Intangibility/Speed Amplification (Owl), Poison Manipulation (Snake), Absorption (Bat), Status Effect Inducement (stun), Minor Power Nullification and Healing (Exemplar), Damage Reduction (Ward) and more.

All characters will also get Energy Manipulation and Damage Boost, because they can perform Shadow Moves.
Shadow Energy in-canon is a recurring source of power that mainly comes from the Astral Plane, but seems to exist in limit amounts even in the mundane plane, and in-verse the more you have it, the stronger you are, and is also used to obtain special powers. For this reason, it makes sense for most of the cast to be able to employ Shadow Energy in a rudimentary manner, boosting the strength or effectiveness of their attacks,
This energy will also be often mentioned in this thread.

All characters should lose Non-Physical Interactions due to fighting Hisako, as there aren't real evidences of her being (always) intangible, other than the fact she is called "ghost", let alone the she isn't exactly a ghost, more like a being that exists between two planes to guard the boundary between them. (check the last paragraph).
Also, purely astral beings have troubles interacting with the physical plane (and she as well can't stay indefinitely in the Material Plane), as we'll see later in the sections of some characters.

Many characters have tens of meters with projectiles for no reason, as even travelling all the way from the side of the screen to the other would still fall in the several meters of range.

All characters that were featured in the old games will get a (Modern) next to their page name, to distinguish them from the (Classic) profiles.

Jago

Additions

Removals

• Remove Shadow Jago from the profile, since he's a distinct character who will have his own page (a section of this thread is about him)
  • References to Classic Jago, like the picture and the katana as standard equipment
  • The kora sword not being designed for stabbing attacks is a nonsensical weakness
  • Endokukens should have several meters of range, there's no evidence they can reach tens of meters.
  • Telekinesis, Vehicular Mastery, Enhanced Smell and Statistics Amplification, I honestly don't know where they come from, tho the latter might have been due to Shadow Moves and such. Enhanced smell comes from the fact that he could smell the wendigoes from a distance, but wendigoes are stated to really stinka lot, so I think it's more due their own stench, rather than Jago's smell.
    • The stench of death hit Mira’s nostrils the second before she heard the unearthly cries—a crazed yapping that sounded like a hyena crossed with a lunatic. A horde of wendigoes appeared at the arched windows

Orchid

Additions

Removals

• References to her classic self, like the Tonfas as equipment and the picture
  • Transmutation: It belongs only to her classic self.

Fulgore

Additions

Removals

• Reference to its Classic self, like the picture and such
  • Its range should become Several Meters for the reasons provided above
  • The respect thread shall be removed due to the wiki policies about them.
  • Electricity Manipulation, Attack Reflection and Transformation belong only to its Classic self

TJ Combo

Additions
  • Regeneration Mid-Low: He currently has Low-Mid because he recovered from tearing away his cybernetic implants, which were show to entirely replace his fists and forearms. However, the more recent and equally, if not more, canon biography(also featured in the game, as one of the files unlockable in the Shadow Lords campaign) changed the things, explaining how said implants were titanium shafts in his forearms. He still recovered from tearing them away (due to further genetic experimentis Ultratech conducted on him), so he keeps Regeneration, only to a lower level.
    • He was taken to an Ultratech lab and shown a production line creating cybernetic implants, and then given a demonstration of this tech’s miraculous powers. TJ was mesmerized and signed a contract on the spot, essentially handing over his life, career and potential earnings to the megacorporation.
      Surgeons implanted titanium shafts into his forearms to add bone-crunching strength to his punches. [...] That night TJ cut the cybernetic implants from his arms, screaming in agony as he pulled the metal from his flesh. He staggered to the local hospital and got them to stitch him up. His arms healed up fast. Too fast. He realized that Ultratech had done something more to him when they’d put him on the operating table and cut him open. They’d messed with his DNA.
  • Him tearing away his metal shafts is also a good stamina feat
  • Social Influencing: Can perform Beckon the child
  • Pseudo Summoning: Can perform Call in assistance from the Night Guard.
  • Vibration Manipulation: Via Tremor
  • Acrobatics: Via Rollercoaster and Tumble
  • Speed Amplification: Via Glory Days, his Instinct Mode
  • Healing: Via Last Breath, an alternate version of his Instinct Mode

Removals
  • References to his Classic self (picture, age, boxing gloves, machine gun, taunting weakness...)

Glacius

Additions

Removals
  • References to his classic self (key, P&A tabber, picture...)
  • Respect Thread FRA
  • All previous abilities which doesn't make sense, since they are different characters
  • Data Manipulation: Reading digital minds is another form of telepathy, which he already has
  • Duplication: This ability doesn't exist, he can just create an ice sculpture of himself via Shatter
  • Range goes down to Several Meters FRA
  • Resistance to Fire: Never shown

Spinal

Additions

Removals
  • References to his Classic self (Picture and not many more things)
  • Bone Manipulation and Attack Reflection, they only belong to Classic Spinal.
  • Range goes down to several meters FRA

Sabrewulf

Additions

Removals
  • References to his Classic self (picture, cybernetic arm, him holding back as a weakness)
  • Werewolf physiology as a power, it's useless
  • Fire Manipulation belongs only to his classic self

Cinder

Additions

Removals
  • References to his Classic self (picture, age and the weakness of being harmed by ice and acid, which wasn't a weakness in the first place)
  • Invisibility and Pure Flight, as they belong only to his classic self.

Thunder

Additions

Removals
  • The profile itself should just be called Thunder, as the Chief isn't used anymore in the new game
  • References to his Classic self (picture)
  • Range goes to several meters FRA
  • Fire Manipulation belongs only to his classic self
  • Shapeshifting and Summoning can be better replaced by Teleportation, Intangibility and Animal Manip as explained above
  • His age should become unknown. Although his age was initially established as 47, his biography describes him as much closer to his brother Eagle and the last reference to his age is about him being in his twenties not much before the beginning of the general story.

Riptor

Additions

Removals
  • References to her Classic self (picture, weaknesses, note)
  • Acid Manipulation: It belongs only to her classic self

Kim-Wu

Additions

Removals
  • References to her Classic self (age and not much more)
  • Electricity Manipulation: I don't know where this comes from
  • Dragon Spirit Summoning: Replaced by Multiple Selves
  • Her weakness isn't actually supported by anything tbh, as seen above she mastered the nunchaku in not more than an afternoon and from there she fought many battles in the Shadow Lords campaign and the comics.

Yeo

The Dragon Spirit Yeo has quite a lot of unique abilities, and since he is basically one with Kim, he should have his own P&A tabber

Tusk

Additions

Removals
  • References to his classic self (picture and not much more)
  • Attack Reflection: I don't know the origin of this, maybe it's a reference to his Deflect Windows mechanic

Warg-Gram

His sword should have a page, due to how unique it is.

Hisako

Additions

Removals

Aganos

Additions

Ichorien Aganos

He should receive another key for his true, Astral Form. The AP would be unknown, since he has never fought anyone with brute force while in this form (as we'll see in Omen and Gargos's section, Astral Beings could also have troubles or be unable to interact with physical beings), and at least 9-B+ when possessing rocks, since he should be comparable to his old body.
He also gets a variety of unique abilities.

Removals
  • Immortality type 6: This is just his true form possessing rocks, possession fits better and while in that form he isn't dead in the first place.
  • Self-Sustenance type 2: Redundant, as it already covered by Inorganic Physiology
  • Plant Manipulation: Using plants to stitch his body parts together isn't real manipulation.

Kan-Ra

Additions

Removals
  • Immortality type 7: He's not an undead, his body is just rotting away due to the many curses he has put on himself, and that ultimately granted him his regenerative powers.
  • Resurrection: Necromancy works better for what he's done to Eyedol
  • Hardening: This is just an effect of his sand manipulation

Omen

Additions

Removals
  • Incorporeality: As it can be read above, he became physical upon being expelled from Jago's body, as his Astral form couldn't exist in the Material Plane.
  • Corruption: He hasn't really displayed such power. He talks about corrupting Jago in his trailer, but the most he's done was controlling his body and then threatening to send his soul to another dimension, so it doesn't fit the standards for what we consider corruption.
  • Range goes down to Several Meters, but interdimensional with some like Telepathy and Summoning.

Shadow Jago

He should get his own page, since at a certain point he becomes an actual, separate entity from both Jago and Omen.
But the Herald of Gargos was dumbfounded when the shadow form of that warrior-monk (the thing known as Shadow Jago) emerged in the aftermath of his possession of Jago. That wasn’t supposed to happen.

Additions

ARIA

Her general tier should be Unknown, since the true entity is an incorporeal digital mind. 9-B+ is for her robotic frames, and she also gets at leats 8-C+ to 8-B via the missiles she gained control of after becoming one with the Coven's technology. I'd suggest to include a "possibly higher" since, as it will be explained below, she holds control over the arsenal of the entire world, which could include nuclear weapons and such.

Additions

Removals

• Self-Sustenance: Already covered by Inorganic Physiology and Incorporeality
  • Transformation: Body Control suits better
  • Range goes down to several meters FRA, although she gets planetary range because she exists basically everywhere on the planet, and possibly interdimensional with the fold core

Gargos

Additions

Removals

• References to his Classic self (picture, P&A tabber, names, age, key...)
  • The cringy gallery, which I will replace with a better one (and I'll do the same to all characters)
  • All previous abilities doesn't make sense, since the continuities are separate
  • Immortality type 5 and 9: I've been told that hopping back and forth from the Afterlife to the real world isn't enough for type 5, so that might be removed. Type 9 goes as well because he brings his soul with him in the Material Plane when he enters a body, and needs to return there upon death, instead of always residing there.
  • Regeneration: He doesn't qualify, since his Astral form is the true one, and he just creates new bodies to inhabit.
  • Avatar Creation: Even tho it's called avatar, Shadow Jago is nothing more than another minion.
  • Power Absorption: Standard absorption works better, since he stole their Shadow Energy, which is what gives people access to superpowers and stuff. He didn't steal the actual abilities.
  • Corruption type 1: I feel like type 2 is enough, he doesn't physically spread his corruption
  • Self-Sustenance type 2: I don't know where it comes from
  • Transformation: Body creation is better
  • Statistics Amplification: Damage Reduction is better
  • Reality Warping: Redundant, since he already has subjective reality
  • Instinctive Reactions: The Eye of Gargos, as seen above, grants Precognition
  • Resistance to Cold and Radiations: Having such resistances just due to flying in space is an old thing not accepted anymore by wiki standards.

And this is done!
It has taken me so much time, literally months and hours to gather all of this stuff across the internet, watching videos, taking screenshots etc.., but I'm glad of what came out of it.
Let me know your thoughts.

Further additions and changes

Lifting Strength

I remembered another lifting strength feat that happens in the novel, which would bump everyone to Class 100. All the details and the calculation can be found here.
Both Sabrewulf and Mira scale to this, and since the latter is portrayed as weaker than or at the very least comparable to a bunch of characters such as Thunder, Aganos, Kim Wu and Jago (as proven in the previous CRT), I'd say this can easily scale to the whole verse.

Guardians aren't incorporeal

I found this dossier only now (since they're hard to find on internet), which explains how Guardians are physical, despite being described as hologram-light creatues made of light.
This means that the likes of Yeo (Kim Wu's spirit) will lose (or rather, not have) Incorporeality, and Gargos will not have one of the justifications for Non-Physical Interaction (he could still grab Eyedol's soul, so the power itself remains).

Also, the characters who have bonded with a Guardian have Multiple Selves type 2 switched to Type 3

Shin Hisako

I completely forgot about her when I made this thread, time to fix this.
Luckily, there isn't much to add/remove.

• In this form, she doesn't inherit the following things:
    • Poison Manipulation: Doesn't wear the Cat's Claw
    • Rage Power: Doesn't have the Wrath Meter anymore.
    • The weakness of losing energy the farther she gets from her graveyard, as the bond with is has been severed.
  • She can now walk normally, instead of relying solely on crawling to move fast.
  • Multiple Selves type 3: Just like other characters previously mentioned in this thread, she's bonded with a Guardian, specifically the katana of her father. This is mentioned here and here.
  • Ectoplasm Manipulation: Can create Drifting Spirit Orbs
  • Summoning: Via Eternal Descent

Izziks, Dretchs and Mimics

The first ones are the two types of minions that Gargos can summon.
I thought it would be nice to mention their AP, which would be At most 9-B+. They are strong enough to hurt the KI cast, but are depicted as notably weaker both in the game (since they go down in two hits) and in the comics.

Mimics are other servants of Gargos and clones of various warriors. Their AP adapts to the fighters of whom they are copies, so it should be listed as Varies. On top of having the powers of the fighters they copy, they have demonstrated a bunch of unique abilities, that are worthy to be listed.
Some particular mimics have also demonstrated further powers

Gargos's AP would then be At leasr High 6-A, likely 4-C. At most 9-B+ with Izziks and Dretchs, Varies with Mimics

Also, Gargos's description of Duplication says Of himself and others

The first bit is wrong and based on the assumption that the clone he defeats in his ending is a Mimic. This is false for at least three reasons: The clone is called "Doppelganger" instead of Mimic, its color is blue instead of green and it is rebellious against the true Gargos.

Last edited:
As usual, I forgot a couple of things that I will add to the op.

Gargos's Shadow Lord item should be standard equipment, since he always has it during his boss fight.

Omen should have "one of the following items" as standard equipment, followed by the various Gargos artifacts.
This is because, during their battles, Omens always have one of those items, which have been granted them by Gargos.

Last edited:
After a brief consultation, I decided to replace ARIA's multiple selves with hive mind, since it is better suited to define her consciousceness being copied and spread all over the world.

This seems fine to apply for me as well. Thank you for your dedication to make the wiki more reliable.

Unfortunately yes, tho Orchid has a 9-A attack, ARIA tier 8 weaponry, Glacius High 6-A explosives and Gargos is High 6-A, likely 4-C.

I can see the disappointment, and believe me I feel no joy to downgrade the verse so much, and I can assure you I tried the most I could to find a feasible way to bring the verse as high as possible, but the problem is that reliable feats are lacking and scaling doesn't allow that.
For more details, please check the previous CRT, and let's try to not derail this one.

Unfortunately yes, tho Orchid has a 9-A attack, ARIA tier 8 weaponry, Glacius High 6-A explosives and Gargos is High 6-A, likely 4-C.

I can see the disappointment, and believe me I feel no joy to downgrade the verse so much, and I can assure you I tried the most I could to find a feasible way to bring the verse as high as possible, but the problem is that reliable feats are lacking and scaling doesn't allow that.
For more details, please check the previous CRT, and let's try to not derail this one.
Yeah, to bad...

I made the KI verse profolio, and I'm a bit sad the pics are gonna be replaced since I made each one of those pics :V

Last edited:
No problem, you did a good job and it should be rightfully preserved.

The same is because I was also planning to change the profile pictures (and was going to ask it either here or in the respect wiki managed thread), since most of them are half-bodies, and the rendered version look a bit worse when compared to the original artwork (such as these examples), whose background makes the missing legs less striking for the eye.
Still, your edited renders are very good and they deserve to stay, and I believe they'd fit in the first spots of the characters' galleries.

No problem, you did a good job and it should be rightfully preserved.

The same is because I was also planning to change the profile pictures (and was going to ask it either here or in the respect wiki managed thread), since most of them are half-bodies, and the rendered version look a bit worse when compared to the original artwork (such as these examples), whose background makes the missing legs less striking for the eye.
Still, your edited renders are very good and they deserve to stay, and I believe they'd fit in the first spots of the characters' galleries.
Okie dokie

My problem with the current formation is that it doesn't follow an actual order, and the series itself hasn't established many clear affiliations.
As of now, the division is a little arbitrary.

Heroes is a really generic section, and even people like Aganos, Glacius and to some extent Sabrewulf can be considered such.

Kim Wu and Tusk teamed up with Jago, but they have never been part of the reformed Night Guard or the Disavowed, with both teams having included Jago, Orchid, Maya, Combo, Thunder and Aganos, but even then it is unsure if such formations are still on.

Hisako has pretty much been on her own until the Alliance came to be, although she had helped Kim Wu.

Ultratech is now merged with The Coven, and so it would make things weird once I add Mira's profile. On top of that, Cinder may not be on ARIA's side anymore, and so is for Sadira (who will also have a page in the future), as she seems to be planning to betray her.

Spinal is a lunatic fringe on its own, it just happens that he worked with the Alliance, and sometimes Ultratech may want to try subdue him.

Gargos' allies is also a little weird, and that specific Omen may even have betrayed Gargos, we don't really know whether or not it happened, but he was thinking about doing it after having experienced freedom.

The "Others" section is a weird way to put together characters that don't really belong to any faction.

The Alliance itself was a group of people who basically hated each other, and it doesn't exist anymore anyway.

Dividing them by season is a way to follow a sort of more official order, as it's the way they were added to the game, like we do for other fighting games, which divide characters according to the games that introduced them.

My problem with the current formation is that it doesn't follow an actual order, and the series itself hasn't established many clear affiliations.
As of now, the division is a little arbitrary.

Heroes is a really generic section, and even people like Aganos, Glacius and to some extent Sabrewulf can be considered such.

Kim Wu and Tusk teamed up with Jago, but they have never been part of the reformed Night Guard or the Disavowed, with both teams having included Jago, Orchid, Maya, Combo, Thunder and Aganos, but even then it is unsure if such formations are still on.

Hisako has pretty much been on her own until the Alliance came to be, although she had helped Kim Wu.

Ultratech is now merged with The Coven, and so it would make things weird once I add Mira's profile. On top of that, Cinder may not be on ARIA's side anymore, and so is for Sadira (who will also have a page in the future), as she seems to be planning to betray her.

Spinal is a lunatic fringe on its own, it just happens that he worked with the Alliance, and sometimes Ultratech may want to try subdue him.

Gargos' allies is also a little weird, and that specific Omen may even have betrayed Gargos, we don't really know whether or not it happened, but he was thinking about doing it after having experienced freedom.

The "Others" section is a weird way to put together characters that don't really belong to any faction.

The Alliance itself was a group of people who basically hated each other, and it doesn't exist anymore anyway.

Dividing them by season is a way to follow a sort of more official order, as it's the way they were added to the game, like we do for other fighting games, which divide characters according to the games that introduced them.
Ok

Okay. We usually close threads after all of the revisions have been applied though.

Yes, it was just to leave an update.

I might start applying this while my other CRT is under evaluation.

A few more things came out while I was applying the changes, so I'm going to write them here and then update the OP accordingly.

@Antvasima @Hellbeast @NotoriouSoda @BlackDarkness679 @DaReaperMan @EliminatorVenom @Apex_PredatorX Please check these, if you want

Lifting Strength

I remembered another lifting strength feat that happens in the novel, which would bump everyone to Class 100. All the details and the calculation can be found here.
Both Sabrewulf and Mira scale to this, and since the latter is portrayed as weaker than or at the very least comparable to a bunch of characters such as Thunder, Aganos, Kim Wu and Jago (as proven in the previous CRT), I'd say this can easily scale to the whole verse.

Guardians aren't incorporeal

I found this dossier only now (since they're hard to find on internet), which explains how Guardians are physical, despite being described as hologram-light creatues made of light.
This means that the likes of Yeo (Kim Wu's spirit) will lose (or rather, not have) Incorporeality, and Gargos will not have one of the justifications for Non-Physical Interaction (he could still grab Eyedol's soul, so the power itself remains).

Also, the characters who have bonded with a Guardian have Multiple Selves type 2 switched to Type 3

Shin Hisako

I completely forgot about her when I made this thread, time to fix this.
Luckily, there isn't much to add/remove.

• In this form, she doesn't inherit the following things:
    • Poison Manipulation: Doesn't wear the Cat's Claw
    • Rage Power: Doesn't have the Wrath Meter anymore.
    • The weakness of losing energy the farther she gets from her graveyard, as the bond with is has been severed.
  • She can now walk normally, instead of relying solely on crawling to move fast.
  • Multiple Selves type 3: Just like other characters previously mentioned in this thread, she's bonded with a Guardian, specifically the katana of her father. This is mentioned here and here.
  • Ectoplasm Manipulation: Can create Drifting Spirit Orbs
  • Summoning: Via Eternal Descent

Izziks, Dretchs and Mimics

The first ones are the two types of minions that Gargos can summon.
I thought it would be nice to mention their AP, which would be At most 9-B+. They are strong enough to hurt the KI cast, but are depicted as notably weaker both in the game (since they go down in two hits) and in the comics.

Mimics are other servants of Gargos and clones of various warriors. Their AP adapts to the fighters of whom they are copies, so it should be listed as Varies. On top of having the powers of the fighters they copy, they have demonstrated a bunch of unique abilities, that are worthy to be listed.
Some particular mimics have also demonstrated further powers

Gargos's AP would then be At leasr High 6-A, likely 4-C. At most 9-B+ with Izziks and Dretchs, Varies with Mimics

Also, Gargos's description of Duplication says Of himself and others

The first bit is wrong and based on the assumption that the clone he defeats in his ending is a Mimic. This is false for at least three reasons: The clone is called "Doppelganger" instead of Mimic, its color is blue instead of green and it is rebellious against the true Gargos.

I've already calculated it in the past, it turned out being Class 10 and was previously used to scale Aganos, Gargos and Eyedol.
That because the former is depicted as particularly strong in brute strength when compared to characters with similar AP, and no one had every wrestled him. The Shadow Lords are just incredibly stronger than him in any way, even just for sheer amounts of Shadow Energy possessed, and Eyedol's club is way too heavy to lift for any member of the Alliance, which includes Aganos.

Not only Sabre, Mira scales to it too, and so all other characters by default, since two characters make the feat consistent, and Mira is generally weaker than or at least comparable to a bunch of other characters, who extend the scaling chain and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back