• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Terrarian vs the Cyberdemon

This is the Terrarian's 8-B key, speed is equalized, and both start within talking distance.

Edit: The Cyberdemon was upgraded to 8-A so this is now the Terrarian post fighting the Brain of Cthulhu, but pre Queen Bee.

I'm not sure if I need to say the equipment the Terrarian has due to the recent revisions on standard equipment so I'll edit which accessories the Terrarian has if I need to.

Terraria: 0

CyberDemon: 0

Inconclusive: 0

3ECE874C-BA0F-4FC1-8E88-A4141EBB239A
E7B8E43A-435C-404D-8FDD-B17EB0EE872C

Neither of those are in the Terrarian's 8-B key. The original 8-B key was upgraded to 8-A.

Then there really isnt anything the terrarian can do, the demon also cant do anything so I'll say inconclusive

He could just attack the demon. He has the ap advantage and the demon only has mid-low regen. The Demon has the same win condition, just stab the Terrarian because the Terrarian's regen only becomes good enough to survive constant attacks either through prep or near the end of the game.

Sorry for not commenting earlier, but can I have more of a reason for people to vote. Just saying neither can do anything doesn't help; why can neither do anything?

Fine, let me end this thread, Terrarian easily wins due him being able to one-shot the cyberdemon and can negate it's durability via the Onfire and Frostburn debuff, even though speed is speed is equalized the terrarian can rush the cyberdemon with the Shield of Cthulhu since it isn't movement speed but an attack speed skill, but that doesn't matter sinc ehe can oneshot him, Terrarian wins as there nothing the cyberdemon can do

The Terrarian doesn't have the ap to one shot the cyberdemon. He's only two times stronger. The Cyberdemon is resistant to fire and frost burn doesn't ignore durability.

The eye of Cthulu is good for movability but the Cyberdemon has fought people with similar movement options.

The terrarian 8-B key has City Block level+ AP while the Demon has City Block level Durability meaning his Ap surpasses what the cyberdemon can endure, a comparison would be to to hit a skull with 5k newtons when it's resistance is 2.3k newtons, if the Terrrian can muster strength that exceeds the Cyberdemon by 2 fold he can easily one shot him as his durability is lower than his AP

Children are vastly weaker than adults yet a child doesn't instantly die from a single hit. Currently this site treats an ap difference of 7.5 as needed to one shot. There have been multiple threads over that, I could link them if you want me to.

Keeweed said:
Children are vastly weaker than adults yet a child doesn't instantly die from a single hit. Currently this site treats an ap difference of 7.5 as needed to one shot. There have been multiple threads over that, I could link them if you want me to.
That's false equivalence but let me explain, it is possible for someone to kill another person in one hit as with the right amount of force and in the right direction can cause cardiac arrest. This also needs to be timed at the appropriate point in the cardiac sinus rhythm, humans usually cannot one punch other humans because they cannot exert force that is superior to a person's durability.

"Yes, usually in one of three ways. Firstly, fatal damage can be caused to the brain ― the force of impact can cause the tearing of veins to the brain leading to fatal internal bleeding. Secondly, a person who has been knocked out can stop breathing, essentially dying of asphyxiation. Thirdly, even a relatively ineffectual punch can knock somebody over and cause them to bang their head and sustain a fatal, secondary injury."

"No matter how old, big, strong, healthy or experienced with fighting someone is, one punch ca be enough to kill anyone, or cause them permanent, life-altering damage"

You could kill someone with punch. The reason this is false equivalence is becuse the terrarian has weapons and isn't just using blunt force, as his weapon's AP surpasses the Cyberdemon's Durability he could one shot him, also a logical equivalence would be a human using a knife or other weapon to attack a child with, since the terrarian is useless without his weapons and comparing a human's punch to a knife or sword is false equivalence; also using your logic wouldn't the Terrarian be able to bypass the cybedemon's durability as his sword's AP is superior to the demon's durabilty it would be similar to cutting someone with a sword.

I mean yeah he can easily cut the Cyberdemon. But even guillotines failed to instantly kill people and those had both gravity on there side and went for the weakest part of the human body.

On this site characters need to be 7.5 times stronger for it to be a one shot, you would need to make a thread to change that (though please don't make a thread because we've already had three on the subject).

Plus regular demons in Doom can continue to fight after missing multiple limbs and large chucks of their bodies so the Terrarian stabbing him anywhere else but the head won't help much.

Finally I just remembered the Terrarian doesn't have the Shield of Cthulhu, that's now 8-A. He doesn't have any special swords or any unique weapon as most are in his 8-A key now. He doesn't even have iron armor as that's 8-A (I know you need one more defense to spawn the Eye but most items you get around this time raises your defense past the threshold).

The Terrarian in this key has the cloud in the bottle and magic carpet for movability (he doesn't have balloons or the horse shoe as those are found with the starfury and that's 8-A).

Edit: I'm going to bed super soon so sorry for not being able to respond.

Edit 2: I was going to edit the op to say what equipment the Terrarian has but I feel like that'll make a match a spite match so I'll just make a thread about standard equipment tomorrow.

I mean yeah he can easily cut the Cyberdemon. But even guillotines failed to instantly kill people and those had both gravity on there side and went for the weakest part of the human body.

Since there's no evidence of that claim i'll disreguard the thing about the guillotines, comparing the terrarian to a guillotine is a massive downplay, the neck isn't the weakest part of the human body and the spinal cord requires a quite some force to completely bypass and insta kill someone.

On this site characters need to be 7.5 times stronger for it to be a one shot, you would need to make a thread to change that (though please don't make a thread because we've already had three on the subject).

It depends on the context as an Athlete+ can oneshot a Human+ and he should only be almost 3 times stronger, This rule isn't always consistent and depends on context

Plus regular demons in Doom can continue to fight after missing multiple limbs and large chucks of their bodies so the Terrarian stabbing him anywhere else but the head won't help much.

That's the point, the Terrarian can oneshot him by cutting him in half or cutting his head off as his blade's AP surpasses the demons durability

Finally I just remembered the Terrarian doesn't have the Shield of Cthulhu, that's now 8-A. He doesn't have any special swords or any unique weapon as most are in his 8-A key now. He doesn't even have iron armor as that's 8-A (I know you need one more defense to spawn the Eye but most items you get around this time raises your defense past the threshold). The Terrarian in this key has the cloud in the bottle and magic carpet for movability (he doesn't have balloons or the horse shoe as those are found with the starfury and that's 8-A).

This is incorrect, Let me go through watch one of the terraria's Key's

Using this and what the wiki states

Beginning of the game or 9-B Terraian should be around the pre-boss stages, I'm not entirely sure how this wiki has this setup but before you fight any boss you have access to many of upgrades, check out Happy Days series on how Op can you make series, Here's the ranger vid Before fightning any boss he got the star cannon, molten armor, frostspark boots, the Sharktooth necklace that ignore 5 of the enemies defence, the boom stick and molten furry.

The major upgrades the 9-B Terrarian should have, assuming it's pre-bosses are:

Arkhalis, Enchanted Sword, Starfury, Pheonix Blaster, Minishark, The Sharpening Station (which further increases durability negation), Feral Claws (Which increase the speed of melee attacks), Slime Staff (1/10,000 drop chance but still available before any boss), Space Gun with Meteor Armor, Molten Armor, Vilethorn, Crimson Rod, Grenades, Cloud in a bottle, Frostspark boots, Sharktooth necklace, Band of Regenerationn and multiple potions all before any boss.

This is tiring to list but by his 8-B tier or early Game, which since it says "limited Mind Manipulation (Passively makes slime-type monsters unwilling to harm the Terrarian)" and "Comparable to the King Slime" Thnk this is after you defeat the king slime, I think I'll make a thread revision on the Terrarian as the progression is off since multiple times are available before you defeat any boss and think it should be divided into when you're unable to upgrade any further without defeating a boss.

8-A, Hold up isn't 8-A prehardmode? how do you get cursed flames pre hardmode? "Can use cursed flames, which are unable to be put out by water and deal more damage than regular fire"

"Transforms into a werewolf at night, with increased statistics" Im pretty sure werewolves don't spawn until hard mode and the moon thing that they drop that turns you into a werewolf isn't accessible, to my knowledge prehardmode. "Can reduce defense with Ichor" I know for a fact ichor isn't available until hardmode as only ichor stickers drop ichor so i definitely need to make a thread.

The entirety of the Terrarian abilities need to be fixed

All that stuff you just listed isn't 8-A because of when the Terrarian can get his hands on them. They're 8-A because literally every boss but the King Slime is 8-B and iron and up equipment can easily hurt the EoC who is 8-A. Yes you can get molten armor at the beginning of the game, but that breaks the games progression. Arkhalis can easily hurt the EoC and should be comparable to weapons like the Starfury which are designed for EoC or stronger bosses because it destroys the King Slime incredibly easily. Weapons like the musket also require the Terrarian to destroy corrupted blocks and the Terrarian is only strong enough to break them after the EoW. You can break them with bombs but your supposed to get your first gun directly after the EoC. To be fair the Terrarian does has the slime staff but that isn't far from being the best summon, it wouldn't change the tide of battle.

Also yeah the abilities are incredibly outdated because the Terrarian used to have like 4 keys, now he has 5 or Six and many have been changing recently due to the revisions.

Keeweed said:
All that stuff you just listed isn't 8-A because of when the Terrarian can get his hands on them. They're 8-A because literally every boss but the King Slime is 8-B and iron and up equipment can easily hurt the EoC who is 8-A. Yes you can get molten armor at the beginning of the game, but that breaks the games progression. Arkhalis can easily hurt the EoC and should be comparable to weapons like the Starfury which are designed for EoC or stronger bosses because it destroys the King Slime incredibly easily. Weapons like the musket also require the Terrarian to destroy corrupted blocks and the Terrarian is only strong enough to break them after the EoW. You can break them with bombs but your supposed to get your first gun directly after the EoC. To be fair the Terrarian does has the slime staff but that isn't far from being the best summon, it wouldn't change the tide of battle.
Also yeah the abilities are incredibly outdated because the Terrarian used to have like 4 keys, now he has 5 or Six and many have been changing recently due to the revisions.
There is no way to progress correctly as the game is built that way, it isn't cheating in anyway and i don't see why it's listed like that, don't worry in due time I'll make a thread about it

Edit: the only keys the terrarian should have is pre-boss, pre-hardmode, pre-mech bosses, pre golem, pre lunar events and end game

It's not cheating but the Terrarian won't be 8-B if he has hellstone equipment because he easily kills 8-A bosses.

No the Terrarian has an 8-B tier. When he uses wooden weapons, armor, and any item that can be gotten in surface world chest (and regular underground chest like Hermès boots fall under 8-B while the broomstick and similar items would be 8-A).

Edit: I am also going to bed right now since it's 1am where I live so sorry if I won't be able to respond.

I'm saying it should be removed and replaced with what they have available, ill link the thread after i make it

It shouldn't be replaced because you aren't supposed to have that equipment when you fight bosses like the King Slime and Eye of Cthulhu. You can get equipment of higher tiers before you fight those bosses but you have to do roundabout steps that aren't how your normally supposed to progress through the game. Even then the Terrarian should still have an 8-B key for his 8-B equipment, it'll just be separate through equipment rather than point of game, but even then the point of game is clearly defined. The EoC spawns when you get 10 defense and heart crystals meaning the Terrarian can't have equipment like Hellstone before the game progress is forced into happening. The Clothier and other npcs have dialogue for when you has certain armor and health so there is a story reason for when the Terrarian to scales to Skeleton. I can get 6-B equipment in Dark Souls at the beginning of the game without cheating but the Dark Souls protagonist is still 8-B in canon until he was supposed to get to the 6-B bosses.

I've noticed. The Terrarian has a 8-A key but would it be too far into the match to change it?

I already decided to just change it. Though if the 8-B Terrarian vs Cyberdemon is fairer I'll change it back.

Keeweed said:
It shouldn't be replaced because you aren't supposed to have that equipment when you fight bosses like the King Slime and Eye of Cthulhu. You can get equipment of higher tiers before you fight those bosses but you have to do roundabout steps that aren't how your normally supposed to progress through the game. Even then the Terrarian should still have an 8-B key for his 8-B equipment, it'll just be separate through equipment rather than point of game, but even then the point of game is clearly defined. The EoC spawns when you get 10 defense and heart crystals meaning the Terrarian can't have equipment like Hellstone before the game progress is forced into happening. The Clothier and other npcs have dialogue for when you has certain armor and health so there is a story reason for when the Terrarian to scales to Skeleton. I can get 6-B equipment in Dark Souls at the beginning of the game without cheating but the Dark Souls protagonist is still 8-B in canon until he was supposed to get to the 6-B bosses.
False equivalence as unlike darksouls Terraria doesn't have a cannon way of progression, it's a sandbox not an RPG, It isn't a round about away since terraria doesn't have a strict way to play, how is fishing and getting a Reavershark to mine hellstone different from looking for floating islands or summoning a meteorite to get the armor? There is no correct way to play terraria, unless you've just started the game that's different but i think the keys should revold around what you have available not what you chose to get

Fishing is an optional way to get vastly better equipment, but that means it isn't how the Terraria would progress if he progressed by fighting the bosses. The Terrarian would still go though a progression from his starting key to his 8-A key so we should just stick with the one the bosses and NPC Dialogue are based off of.

I Agree with Keeweed, and tbh this is not the place to have this Debate. We should use what's on his profile right now and you can make CRT in the future if you want. But let's get back on topic.

Keeweed said:
Fishing is an optional way to get vastly better equipment, but that means it isn't how the Terraria would progress if he progressed by fighting the bosses. The Terrarian would still go though a progression from his starting key to his 8-A key so we should just stick with the one the bosses and NPC Dialogue are based off of.
Every type of play stile is optional, there is no correct way to play a sand box game, "A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will" You can't claim nor is there a "correct" Way to play a sandbox, you play however you like and adding restrictions as to how to progress removes the base idea of a sandbox which terraria was built on, if it was a role playing game it would be different, there is no "Optional" way to get better equipment as everything you do is option, there is no "Main" way to get better equipment. a sandbox is a sandbox and at the beginning of the game the terraria has a pletora of options, they can be male or female, a mage, warrior, ranger or summoner, any equipment you aim for or any play style you pick is optional since, for the last time, Its a sandbox

Yes how you get to 8-A is optional, but you would still go through a progression to get to 8-A from 9-B (though the 9-B key may get upgraded to 8-B). There are multiple npcs that have dialogue meant for progression along with bosses having certain requirements to naturally spawn. If you don't have enough Heart crystal the Guide and the Clothier both say to the Terrarian he isn't strong enough to face Skeletron. Getting equipment better than 10 defense forces the EoC to spawn, and the Dryad and the person who sells you explosives both have dialogue after the EoC is defeated giving you advice on how to break the corruption to fight the Eater of Worlds. The player is clearly meant to fight the bosses with equipment around their level (iron to platinum for EoC, Corruption weapons for EoW, Full hearts and full Corruption equipment for Skeletron, Hellstone for the WoF).

You don't get what im saying, they tell the terrarian to get better equipment, not that it's needed but a suggestion, they suggest the player become betterso the bosses are easier, no NPC says you are too strong nor are they limiting the player to get equipment that's equal to the bosses' tier, all they ae doing is suggesting you become stronger. If you see someone going to gun fight with a knife you'd obviously suggest them to get better weapons before they go a suggestion is just tat, a suggestion, the npc don't know abouter better armor at that stage and they aren't goingtoyou you a complex guide on how to fight the boss, they are suggesting what to do to help you. also i saw this meme and it reminds me of this current debate https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/fqe572/the_only_book_directly_responsible_for_untold/

It is really late where I live, but water bolt killing pre Skeletron bosses in a very short amount of time is a perfect example of why being able to get those items early on shouldn't count. The game and bosses clearly aren't designed around having that equipment. Steve from Minecraft can find diamonds in a village chest 5 seconds into the game but we don't rate beginning game Steve at Ender Dragon level. The npcs and bosses are clearly designed around certain equipment and thus the Terrarian should have keys based off that equipment. The beginning game can't mine Hellstone with a pickaxe he gets without fishing, which was added much later into the game's development than the rest of the progression like the npc dialogue, boss drops, and weapon damage and armor rating.

Keeweed said:
It is really late where I live, but water bolt killing pre Skeletron bosses in a very short amount of time is a perfect example of why being able to get those items early on shouldn't count. The game and bosses clearly aren't designed around having that equipment. Steve from Minecraft can find diamonds in a village chest 5 seconds into the game but we don't rate beginning game Steve at Ender Dragon level. The npcs and bosses are clearly designed around certain equipment and thus the Terrarian should have keys based off that equipment. The beginning game can't mine Hellstone with a pickaxe he gets without fishing, which was added much later into the game's development than the rest of the progression like the npc dialogue, boss drops, and weapon damage and armor rating.
The water bolt thing was making fun of people who think that way, i.e the point you're currently making. They are though, they are designed for you to fight them however you want, you can cheese them by implying a good strategy, the bosses are built in way that gives you a challenge, but even at that stage of the game why is hellstone available if the bosses aren't built like that? it's like argumenting that just because you want to get stronger with everything available to you and over preparing is bad, The sleeve analogy is yet another false equivalence as you're comparing RNG vs a guaranty, in Minecraft, it's RNG if you get diamonds or not and if you old op 1000 worlds you aren't guaranteed to get diamonds, a blacksmith or even a village every time, yet in Terraria you can lode up any number of worlds and get hellstone the same way everytime, you like using other games to compare Terraria to but the majority of time it's false equivalence.

The npcs and bosses are clearly designed around certain equipment and thus the Terrarian should have keys based off that equipment. The beginning game can't mine Hellstone with a pickaxe he gets without fishing, which was added much later into the game's development than the rest of the progression like the npc dialogue, boss drops, and weapon damage and armor rating.
This part makes completely no sense, If they are cleary designed to be around certain equipment why is Hellstone available? Why is the Reaver shark available at the beginning of the game? it is a gameplay mechanic that was implemented and up to this day hasn't been changed. Are you seriously implying that using fishing, a gameplay mechanic that rewards the player more than almost any other task is wrong because it messes with the game's progression even though it's a sandbox? and i'd like you to send me these npc dialogues. Anything that is available at a certain stage of the game should be added with the key, What are you going to say next that fighting fishron at the beginning of hardmode is also wrong? Just because you have a preconcieved notion on how things are supposed to progress doesn't mean anything, you seem to misunderstand what a sandbox is

Hellstone is available because the Reaver Shark wasn't designed around balance. It was added much later in development and its meant to allow players that have already played the game an easy way to get late pre hardmode materials. However the Terrarian using it to instantly get hellstone should be non canon. The bosses all have canon reasons as to why they spawn, when they spawn. The NPC also all have dialogue talking about what bosses you are supposed to fight with which equipment. The Guide tells you when you are supposed to have a certain amount of life crystals, the other npcs tell you when it is a good time to fight the other boss. It isn't like asking you to bring a knife to a gun fight because the guide tells you to bring 200 health to fight the EoC despite being able to get 400 health. The other NPC dialogue doesn't have to do with weaponry and is explaining how to get past the corruption only after the EoC is dead. Before the EoC is dead multiple npcs tell the Terrarian they feel nervous due to being watched. The game clearly wants you to fight the bosses with certain equipment at certain times and the reaver shark is an incredibly roundabout and unbalanced way to get equipment you aren't supposed to have. Once again in Dark Souls and Minecraft you can get end game equipment at the beginning of the game but that does count because you do it through via cheesing the game. If you literally are unable to die to bosses and kill them in seconds then you clearly have equipment you not supposed to have at that time.

Also yes fighting Duke at the beginning of Hardmode is completely wrong because you can't do any damage to him and he instantly one shots you. He is clearly designed for the end of Hardmode.

Back