• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs The Terrarian

Let them be. The Terrarian likely wins regardless of range, as the only opposition here is that they can't dodge Sans' first attacks, when that is very likely not the case.

One terrarian is more than enough here, let alone two, which mean they can just spam the living shit out of minishark.

Honestly the chances of Terrarian winning is just far higher here.

Hell, if the soul stuff doesn't immediately one shot, then Sans is kinda boned (hah).
Just say "wand of sparking GG" and end the match.

Let them be. The Terrarian likely wins regardless of range, as the only opposition here is that they can't dodge Sans' first attacks, when that is very likely not the case.

One terrarian is more than enough here, let alone two, which mean they can just spam the living shit out of minishark.

Honestly the chances of Terrarian winning is just far higher here.

Hell, if the soul stuff doesn't immediately one shot, then Sans is kinda boned (hah).
Dude its a fricking stomp. 100 meters mean the skeleton brothers likely are too slow to attack before they get shot, either OP changes the distance or its gg

This is like the 4th or smth time someone cried about Sans starting move btw lol 🗿
I wouldn't be "crying" about it if you even knew what you were talking about but then again nothing in this world is ever free.

May Allah have mercy on your soul young traveller.

Honestly, even without the range advantage, or the mini shark, the Skelebros can’t do anything about the Terrarian’s invisibility

"Cap"

Go on YouTube and watch any Terraria boss battle.
It's pre-boss Terrarian. Before any boss, they don't fight any opponent with danmaku.
This will be in Fun and Games as fights involving two characters per team can't be added unless those two canonically fight together.
Then, should I change it to Sans vs The Terrarian?
Didn't read previous replies, so if this is still on-going, I got a single question: Do we consider the box shit in Undertale Gameplay mechanics or not?

If it's canon, then it's gonna be quite a problem since the space for dodging is minimal. Not impossible, just minimal. Also, would their soul attack even work considering Terrarian apparently has resist to soul shenanigans?
If The Terrarians somehow have soul manipulation resistance in this wiki then I don't think Sans & Papyrus could simply durability negate them.
Why would anyone with a brain use summoning
Why would anyone with a brain use summoning
You guys are a bunch of buffoons. Summoning is the best class in The Terraria base game! You two just have skill issues and desperately need to learn how to dodge attacks. You also should learn how to do whip stacking.
He always starts with that.

Oh then yeah terrarians range stomp
Range stomp? Sans can teleport like 150 meters. He just needs to teleport closer to The Terrarian.

You guys are a bunch of buffoons. Summoning is the best class in The Terraria base game! You two just have skill issues and desperately need to learn how to dodge attacks. You also should learn how to do whip stacking.
Silence worm.

Basically yes.
Ok, since people complained about the starting distance (Even though Sans could teleport like 150 meters) then I have changed the starting distance to 10 meters.
I removed the pylon system advantage, both fight in a neutral area.
I removed prep time since it seems it doesn't matter
Papyrus wouldn't help the fight in any way so I removed him. And since it's no longer a 2v2 due to the lame rules of this site, this will now be a 1v1 between Sans and The Terrarian.

I will specify that this version of The Terrarian is NOT the same Terrarian that can fight The Destroyer or Empress of light. IT IS PRE-BOSS, EARLY GAME TERRARIAN.

Now, I believe that this fight will be fairer now and could possibly be added to their profiles with these specifications rather than be moved to fun & games.

Average Terraria ranger:

Ranger is the worst class in the game. It's extremely boring and generic. It takes no skill. True manly men play summoner.
In fact, it had opened a world in Legendary mode to play as sumer.

They have whips, like the Belmonts, soon to be my new favorite class.

In fact, it had opened a world in Legendary mode to play as sumer.

They have whips, like the Belmonts, soon to be my new favorite class.
Good. GOOD. Summoner is the most based class.
Yo-yo class is best class
I disagree. All Yo-yos are literally the same. It's an underdeveloped and boring class. Even summoner whips have more diversity than yo-yos. Yo-yos need something to make them more unique and interesting since in vanilla Terraria all yo-yos are literally the same, the only difference is that they have different stats.
Do you just hate yourself or what?

It's not about skill issue, it's about praying that your summon doesn't go -150 IQ and not get stuck somewhere, or other things.
It depends a lot on the summon but 1.4.4 summons are very responsive and useful. They don't get stuck.

Anyway, that aside, I believe the Terrarian should be able to beat Sans. He can use summons to distract Sans and attack him even while being grabbed telekinetically and he can also teleport using recall potions. The teleportation of The Terrarian is quite predictable but it should let him avoid attacks.
The Minishark and Musket should also let him be able to deal with Sans from a distance and his low soul manipulation resistance should let him resist some of Sans' attacks even if he will struggle to dodge Sans' danmaku.

Also, should I make this fight have equal speed? Sans has a massive speed advantage due to how wanked he is in this wiki.

I disagree. All Yo-yos are literally the same. It's an underdeveloped and boring class. Even summoner whips have more diversity than yo-yos. Yo-yos need something to make them more unique and interesting since in vanilla Terraria all yo-yos are literally the same, the only difference is that they have different stats.
skill issue

Anyway, that aside, I believe the Terrarian should be able to beat Sans. He can use summons to distract Sans and attack him even while being grabbed telekinetically and he can also teleport using recall potions. The teleportation of The Terrarian is quite predictable but it should let him avoid attacks.
The Minishark and Musket should also let him be able to deal with Sans from a distance and his low soul manipulation resistance should let him resist some of Sans' attacks even if he will struggle to dodge Sans' danmaku.

Also, should I make this fight have equal speed? Sans has a massive speed advantage due to how wanked he is in this wiki.
Copper shortsword seals the deal on Sans.

It depends a lot on the summon but 1.4.4 summons are very responsive and useful. They don't get stuck.
Ah I didn't know. If that's the case then maybe I should boot up Terraria later.
Pretty much. Everything Terrarian has can one shot sans, so his options are quite high.
The fact that it wasn't before is absolutely crazy.

Ah I didn't know. If that's the case then maybe I should boot up Terraria later.
Summoning isn't even that dependent anymore.

There are the whips, and lots of them.

And there's probably going to be a Moonlord Whip since a guy asked Redigit if he had one and he was like "okay". So you are no longer helpless and have a lot of options (not as much as others, but still good)

Pretty much. Everything Terrarian has can one shot sans, so his options are quite high.

The fact that it wasn't before is absolutely crazy.
So should I equalize speed or do y'all think this fight is still debatable without equal speed?

Ok then. I could argue Terrarian still wins without speed equalization.

All he needs is to drink the thorns potion. The torns potion reflects 100% of the damage the Terrarian receives back to the attacker.
Even if Sans could kill the Terrarian with his soul manipulation (He can and he would) The Terrarian would magically reflect all that damage back to Sans.

Ok then. I could argue Terrarian still wins without speed equalization.

All he needs is to drink the thorns potion. The torns potion reflects 100% of the damage the Terrarian receives back to the attacker.
Even if Sans could kill the Terrarian with his soul manipulation (He can and he would) The Terrarian would magically reflect all that damage back to Sans.
Terrarian still doesn't take damage? At most a stalemate because both would die.

Back