• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Slayer vs Devil Controller (The Terrarian vs Makima) (0-0-0)

Thought this MU would be fun, and while not each other's best, it could work (also why not)
The Terrarian is restricted to his Post Evil Bosses key (8-A), and none of Makima's abilities are restricted.
SBA, Speed Equalized, the battle location is Tokyo, Japan.

The Control Devil (0)
The Slayer of Steves (0)
Inconclusive

I dont think Makima would be able to control Terrarian, per se- mainly because the Terrarian doesnt really have a personality to speak of. Granted, im pretty sure the high of killing an eldritch brain would make him think that he's superior (how does the mind control even work?)

Also, whatever physical harm Makima can do would just get nullified by Terrarian's healing with Health Potions (ignoring Potion Sickness, as its a in-game mechanic to prevent cheese)

For healing pots? It's been 30 for the longest time lmfao
Oh, right, i was thinking of the general stack limit. I mean, still, 30 per inventory slot is still a decent amount. Besides, he still has passive Low-Mid Regeneration, while granted, it does take time, the Band of Regeneration would speed that process up

I do have a question, doesnt Makima need to be aware of the attacks heading her way for her contract to take effect? Terrarian does have Invisibility Potions in its arsenal currently, and it wouldnt be unreasonable for them to pop a few to try and get the element of surprise

I do have a question, doesnt Makima need to be aware of the attacks heading her way for her contract to take effect? Terrarian does have Invisibility Potions in its arsenal currently, and it wouldnt be unreasonable for them to pop a few to try and get the element of surprise
Nah she doesn't need to be aware the contract passively takes effect. Im pretty sure you can bypass this regeneration if Makimas entire body is destroyed or if the attack isn't really an "attack" but an act of love. (As Denji eating Makima was apparently an act of "Love")

Anyways Since Monster Slayer it 8A im leaning more towards Makima on this one as she scales higher and would be able to regenerate from any of Slayer's attacks. Additionally, Slayer has no counters to "Bang" an attack that would undoubtably One Shot him. Damage Reduction wont do much aswell.

Makima Wins

I dont think Makima would be able to control Terrarian, per se- mainly because the Terrarian doesnt really have a personality to speak of. Granted, im pretty sure the high of killing an eldritch brain would make him think that he's superior (how does the mind control even work?)
Also, its not if the opponent thinks they are superior to Makima its quite the opposite actually. Its if Makima believes she is superior to her opponent which she factually is. This ability even works against entity's that are superior to Makima she just needs to authentically believe she is better, and she can control.

Also, I don't think not having a personality means that you are resistant to mind control. So yea Makima can definitely control here.

Cant scale him higher, because Hardmode Terrarian is at least 5-C and would simply AP stomp her. I do doubt the fact that "Bang" would be able to one-shot, but eh.

Looking at Terrarians weapons, he does have some decent ways to end up destroying her body- Hellstone/Shadow Chest weapons (most of them) apply a powerful Hellfire debuff (actually i believe its just On Fire!), but either way, if she does perish by either On Fire! (Or Hellfire/Frostburn), her body would most likely be turned to ashes (edit to clarify Melee weapons with the Magma Stone equipped would grant them the ability to inflict Hellfire. Hellfire negates regeneration (up to Low-Mid), so one or two strikes if the Terrarians get into melee would end up being Makima's doom.)

I mean, Terrarian also has his own long range offense as well, Star Cannon being notable for being.....funny (It can easily defeat the Destroyer if you line it up right), so, technically, Terrarian has access to a 5-C level weapon. Sure, Fallen Stars are a pain to collect- but either way :/

Last edited:
Cant scale him higher, because Hardmode Terrarian is at least 5-C and would simply AP stomp her. I do doubt the fact that "Bang" would be able to one-shot, but eh.

Looking at Terrarians weapons, he does have some decent ways to end up destroying her body- Hellstone/Shadow Chest weapons (most of them) apply a powerful Hellfire debuff (actually i believe its just On Fire!), but either way, if she does perish by either On Fire! (Or Hellfire/Frostburn), her body would most likely be turned to ashes

I mean, Terrarian also has his own long range offense as well, Star Cannon being notable for being.....funny (It can easily defeat the Destroyer if you line it up right), so, technically, Terrarian has access to a 5-C level weapon. Sure, Fallen Stars are a pain to collect- but either way :/
Quite Frankly I would be astonished if Bang didn't turn Slayers death like Powers death. Bang is also a telekinetic force that just summons on the opponent slayer has no methodology to avoid it, adding on to telekinesis she can make people explode or implode. Also, On Fire! (Or Hellfire/Frostburn) wont do anything here. I just now realized that the contract isnt just regeneration but also Resurrection (Per her contract with Prime Minister of Japan, when she is killed, some random Japanese citizen dies in her place[8]). Even killing her cant stop her. Whatever kills you makes you stronger, I guess.

Long ranged attacks wont do much as she litterly shot chainsaw man to space. Also she gains the abilities if the Devils she controls so Incorporeality (The Ghost Devil cannot be touched by conventional means) and Intangibility (Via the Spider Devil who can submerge her body underground). Should cover this.

Also she has Precognition so she isnt just going to stand there and get blasted.

This is if Slayer even gets the opportunity to use these techniques and weapons. All Makima needs to do is point her finger and say "Bang" or just implode or explode Slayer.

Quite Frankly I would be astonished if Bang didn't turn Slayers death like Powers death. Bang is also a telekinetic force that just summons on the opponent slayer has no methodology to avoid it, adding on to telekinesis she can make people explode or implode. Also, On Fire! (Or Hellfire/Frostburn) wont do anything here. I just now realized that the contract isnt just regeneration but also Resurrection (Per her contract with Prime Minister of Japan, when she is killed, some random Japanese citizen dies in her place[8]). Even killing her cant stop her. Whatever kills you makes you stronger, I guess.

Long ranged attacks wont do much as she litterly shot chainsaw man to space. Also she gains the abilities if the Devils she controls so Incorporeality (The Ghost Devil cannot be touched by conventional means) and Intangibility (Via the Spider Devil who can submerge her body underground). Should cover this.

Also she has Precognition so she isnt just going to stand there and get blasted.

This is if Slayer even gets the opportunity to use these techniques and weapons. All Makima needs to do is point her finger and say "Bang" or just implode or explode Slayer.
All of the above is correct except for one thing. Bang doesn't just spawn on the opponent. It's an invisible telekinetic blast that has to travel to hit the target. There are 2 seperate instances in the manga that shows this, one being Makima shooting Power and the other being her shooting Chainsaw Devil into space.

I mean, i would think, if the Terrarian could kill Makima and trigger her contract to kill someone else in Tokyo, if he is somehow able to land a killing blow, theoretically, he should be able to do it again over and over.

(Highly doubt a few of the other Devils Makima has under her control would even do anything. Terrarian technically has his own summons that follow his command- and if Makima tries to control them, he can simply dismiss them and then summon them again (which would most likely remove the control effect)

All of the above is correct except for one thing. Bang doesn't just spawn on the opponent. It's an invisible telekinetic blast that has to travel to hit the target. There are 2 seperate instances in the manga that shows this, one being Makima shooting Power and the other being her shooting Chainsaw Devil into space.
Bang is then a explosive telekinetic force then that spawns on the opponent

Last edited:
I mean, i would think, if the Terrarian could kill Makima and trigger her contract to kill someone else in Tokyo, if he is somehow able to land a killing blow, theoretically, he should be able to do it again over and over.

(Highly doubt a few of the other Devils Makima has under her control would even do anything. Terrarian technically has his own summons that follow his command- and if Makima tries to control them, he can simply dismiss them and then summon them again (which would most likely remove the control effect)
Yea thats if Makima just lets him kill her over and over. All it takes is one attack from Makima and Slayers done for.

Why wouldn't they do anything I litterly provided broken abilities that they give her that counters everything Slayer has. You are ignoring the point that Makima just directly controls Slayer instead.

heck you ignored most of my arguments lol

I mean, physically speaking Makima is much weaker than the Terrarian, so he also one-shots her. Though her one-shot is practically undodgeable and she pretty much can't be killed

Eh whatever, its most likely going to be a stomp either way. Give Terrarian Hardmode scaling, and he just AP stomps her (5-C compared to Low 7-C at Makima's best with Telekinesis, and thats before he gets past the Mechanical bosses)

man i tried here

Granted, technically, and this is a really big IF, The Terrarian does have some form of Resurrection (by respawning), but i still feel thats more of a game mechanic rather then something truly canon (i do believe the Nurse mentions it at some point, but like i said, huge if)

Granted, technically, and this is a really big IF, The Terrarian does have some form of Resurrection (by respawning), but i still feel thats more of a game mechanic rather then something truly canon (i do believe the Nurse mentions it at some point, but like i said, huge if)
Almost certain it's a game mechanic, couldn't find anything saying otherwise and pretty sure it's treated as a game mechanic here

Almost certain it's a game mechanic, couldn't find anything saying otherwise and pretty sure it's treated as a game mechanic here
I mean, we threw out Potion Sickness as it is technically a game mechanic as well. But yeah, i highly doubt it would even matter (i swear it was canon in the lore somewhere- but eh)

Anyways, i think thread can be closed now. Makima stomps up to Hardmode Terrarian, and Terrarian stomps from Hardmode to Endgame (do not allow me to cook)

Yeah, I don't see The Terrarian dodging surviving like Bang in this key. Makima's survivability would let her survive enough time to use Bang. I don't see a way in which The Terrarian can win.

Also, The Terrarian is called "The Terrarian" not Slayer, monster slayer or anything like that.

Haven't read much of the match, just wamted to say that I just tested on the latest version, and healing pots do stack up to 9999 there. The official wiki also says such.
Kind of a moot point to bring up now considering Makima's Bang is apparently a one shot anyways (somehow the gap between 8-A and Low 7-C is that high)

Surprised thread hasnt been closed (seeing how its going to be a stomp for Makima in this key, but Terrarian AP stomps with his Hardmode key and beyond)
They don't just AP stomp but also hax and resistance stomp each other. Even without Bang, Makima still has a bunch of contracts that can be used to incapacitate 8-A Terrarian such as Curse Devil or Stone Devil. Those contracts are rendered useless in Terrarian's 5-C key thanks to their resistances.

Back