• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

the terrarian tier 2-b & 2-c lifting strength

The Terrarian is able to create an ammunition pouch that has infinite space inside and is completely filled with ammunition.
Does the fact that he can create these bags infinitely/indefinitely make him multiversal?
The fact that it can carry up to 216 units of these bags with the storage items + trash can + space that the chester frees up, makes it a low-multiversal lift?

doesn't the fact that there is 1 moonlord on each created world imply that instead the created worlds are actually universes and not a bunch of planets?
Terraria is said to be a universe, it is said several times that Moonlord threatens Terraria and was about to destroy it. Wouldn't that scale terrarian lore to universal?

The Martian invasion takes 1 tick to begin after the probe disappears. as a tick is equivalent to 0.01 seconds, the probe goes to Mars and returns with an army in that time, taking the time for the probe to get there (dividing by 2) the speed of the Mars army is up to 167,264 times the speed of light , and the Terrarian literally fights the ship that probably brings them there.

right, but what about the rest, is it wrong?
Well, yes, and here's why: page 1 of the Terraria lore states that "Eons have passed since the Gods first began testing the complexities of life in their fairness experiment. In this process, countless living worlds were created and now exist within the Terraria universe." Furthermore, page 3 states that "In the blind spot of the universe, there exists a planet of unprecedented potential: your world!" This not only proves that the world that we, as the Terrarian, play in is a planet, not a universe, but it also proves that the other created worlds aren't canon because only "your world" has "unprecedented potential", meaning that all other worlds couldn't reach the progress of a Terraria playthrough. To top it all off, when talking about the threat of Cthulhu/Moon Lord, page 3 states that "[Cthulhu] arrived long ago with its seemingly sole purpose being to rain destruction on and have dominion over all the sentient life that flourishes on your world."

Moon Lord/Cthulhu can destroy "your world", which is a planet. This feat is 5-B to 5-A, but Moon Lord and Endgame Terrarian upscale from the Celestial Pillars, which have a
High 5-A feat.

As for the Martian stuff, that MFTL+ speed would only apply to the ship's max travel speed, not its combat speed. And since the Terrarian doesn't move alongside it when it's at its max speed, they can't be scaled to the ship's travel speed. That said, Terraria's been done absolutely dirty with speed, but I'm not really capable of making any calcs, so, eh.

"None could stand against the advances of Cthulhu. The very fabric of Terraria itself seemed on the precipice of doom. At last, when all hope seemed lost, the ancient race of Dryads arose to wage battle against Cthulhu. The Dryads, with their unparalleled connection to the planet, were Terraria's truly last hope as they joined together to save all life from annihilation."

shows that he threatened the terraria structure. having the "apparent sole purpose of destroying and dominating the world"
only as an "apparent", as it was threatening the structure of terraria (universe).

the fact that only one world in the universe is capable of generating game progression shows that each map created in the game is a universe.

changing a little, I want to talk about the void (it appears in the fight against the moonlord and in the void monolith) it was definitely based on the void by H. P. Lovecraft, the moonlord creates/brings with him/takes our world to the void. not to mention that the terrarian can create "a small amount of the power of the void". I don't know if this could be used to scale
Well, yes, and here's why: page 1 of the Terraria lore states that "Eons have passed since the Gods first began testing the complexities of life in their fairness experiment. In this process, countless living worlds were created and now exist within the Terraria universe." Furthermore, page 3 states that "In the blind spot of the universe, there exists a planet of unprecedented potential: your world!" This not only proves that the world that we, as the Terrarian, play in is a planet, not a universe, but it also proves that the other created worlds aren't canon because only "your world" has "unprecedented potential", meaning that all other worlds couldn't reach the progress of a Terraria playthrough. To top it all off, when talking about the threat of Cthulhu/Moon Lord, page 3 states that "[Cthulhu] arrived long ago with its seemingly sole purpose being to rain destruction on and have dominion over all the sentient life that flourishes on your world."

Moon Lord/Cthulhu can destroy "your world", which is a planet. This feat is 5-B to 5-A, but Moon Lord and Endgame Terrarian upscale from the Celestial Pillars, which have a
High 5-A feat.

As for the Martian stuff, that MFTL+ speed would only apply to the ship's max travel speed, not its combat speed. And since the Terrarian doesn't move alongside it when it's at its max speed, they can't be scaled to the ship's travel speed. That said, Terraria's been done absolutely dirty with speed, but I'm not really capable of making any calcs, so, eh.

"None could stand against the advances of Cthulhu. The very fabric of Terraria itself seemed on the precipice of doom. At last, when all hope seemed lost, the ancient race of Dryads arose to wage battle against Cthulhu. The Dryads, with their unparalleled connection to the planet, were Terraria's truly last hope as they joined together to save all life from annihilation."
The second sentence has to be hyperbole, though, because it's contradicted twice:

"The Dryads, with their unparalleled connection to the planet, were Terraria's truly last hope as they joined together to save all life from annihilation." This sentence wouldn't work because a bunch of planet-level (at best) people would be of no threat to a universe-level being.

•"[Cthulhu] arrived long ago with its seemingly sole purpose being to rain destruction on and have dominion over all the sentient life that flourishes on your world." "Your world" is referred to as a planet. A universe-level entity would not have dominion over a planet as its "sole purpose".

I guess if we want to take the second sentence literally, then Cthulhu (not the Moon Lord because the Moon Lord is a heavily weakened Cthulhu) could have 3-A Environmental Destruction.

the fact that only one world in the universe is capable of generating game progression shows that each map created in the game is a universe.
I genuinely don't understand how you got to that conclusion. One world, in the entire universe, has the last remaining Guide, the last of the Dryads, Cthulhu's eyes, Cthulhu's brain, Cthulhu's spine, Cthulhu's skeleton, Cthulhu's cult, the Pillars that summon Cthulhu, and Cthulhu itself. The map created in game is the section of "your world" that all of this takes place in. I guess I technically agree with you with this statement though, because there's only one map generated in Terraria (not counting the other created worlds because those aren't canon). If the map in Terraria was a universe, then where are the other worlds referenced in the lore?

changing a little, I want to talk about the void (it appears in the fight against the moonlord and in the void monolith) it was definitely based on the void by H. P. Lovecraft, the moonlord creates/brings with him/takes our world to the void. not to mention that the terrarian can create "a small amount of the power of the void". I don't know if this could be used to scale
It can't really scale to anything. We don't know the size of the void, and being based on something (in this case, the void from H.P. Lovecraft), doesn't mean it's comparable to what it's based on. The Terrarian creating "a small amount" of the void means nothing because we know neither the void's power or size nor the amount that The Terrarian created. At best, all of the void stuff is Spatial Manipulation, Pocket Reality Manipulation, and/or Reality Warping.

I genuinely don't understand how you got to that conclusion. One world, in the entire universe, has the last remaining Guide, the last of the Dryads, Cthulhu's eyes, Cthulhu's brain, Cthulhu's spine, Cthulhu's skeleton, Cthulhu's cult, the Pillars that summon Cthulhu, and Cthulhu itself. The map created in game is the section of "your world" that all of this takes place in. I guess I technically agree with you with this statement though, because there's only one map generated in Terraria (not counting the other created worlds because those aren't canon). If the map in Terraria was a universe, then where are the other worlds referenced in the lore?
I don't understand why you say that the other maps created in the game are not canonical. All the conditions you mentioned present on the planet show that there is no other planet like it in the entire universe, apart from the statement that says it is the planet with the greatest potential.

In my opinion, this would not make the other maps created invalid, as the first one can be deleted and the character can just go to another planet (which does not even exist in the universe that was deleted).

tell me, why are the other worlds invalid/non-canon? I can't understand this

I don't understand why you say that the other maps created in the game are not canonical.
Because we can't say that other datas are canon without proof. Other datas and worlds in sandbox games don't tend to be canon, so there's no reason to assume Terraria would be any different. According to the lore, there is one data, "your world", that has Cthulhu, the Dryads, etc. in it. However, if you summon the Moon Lord on one data, quit, and then open another data, the Moon Lord isn't there and the Lunar Event isn't happening, meaning that all created datas can't coexist. Only one data, "your world", exists in Terraria's lore. The other worlds mentioned in lore are likely other planets such as the Moon and Mars. The confusion probably comes from the lore referring to both the universe and "your world" as "Terraria", hence why we get these contradictory statements.

By the way, from here on out, I'll be referring to the worlds created by the player as "datas" and the planets referenced in the lore as "worlds", just to make things less confusing.

All the conditions you mentioned present on the planet show that there is no other planet like it in the entire universe, apart from the statement that says it is the planet with the greatest potential.
It's not apart from the latter statement, it's because of the latter statement. There is no other planet other than "your world" that has everything stated in Terraria's lore in it, apart from the Crimson, which has seemingly overtaken countless other worlds.

In my opinion, this would not make the other maps created invalid, as the first one can be deleted and the character can just go to another planet (which does not even exist in the universe that was deleted).
The player (the actual player, not the in-universe character that is The Terrarian) is not a canon entity in Terraria like they are in Minecraft or Undertale. As such, characters moving between datas and the player deleting datas is not canon to Terraria's lore. The burden of proof is on you to show that the player and multiple datas are canon.

To summarize everything in this thread:

•Ammunition Pouch and other items that can store infinite objects: Hammerspace

•Endgame Terrarian > Cthulhu/Moon Lord > "Your world" (Planet Level) and Celestial Pillars (Dwarf Star Level)

•Cthulhu/Moon Lord > "The very fabric of Terraria" (Possibly Universe Level via Environmental Destruction)

•Cthulhu/Moon Lord summoning the void: Spatial Manipulation

•The void itself (Unknown)

•Martian UFO (MFTL+ travel speed)

•The player and other datas are not canon.

Porque não podemos dizer que outros dados são canônicos sem provas. Outros dados e mundos em jogos sandbox não tendem a ser canônicos, então não há razão para supor que Terraria seria diferente. De acordo com a tradição, existe um dado, “seu mundo”, que contém Cthulhu, como Dríades, etc. No entanto, se você invocar o Senhor da Lua em um dado, sair e depois abrir outro dado, o Senhor da Lua não estará lá e o Evento Lunar não acontecerá, o que significa que todos os dados criados não poderão coexistir. Apenas um dado, “seu mundo”, existe na tradição de Terraria. Os outros mundos recomendados na tradição são provavelmente outros planetas, como a Lua e Marte. A confusão provavelmente vem da tradição que se refere tanto ao universo quanto ao “seu mundo” como “Terraria”, daí a razão pela qual obtemos essas declarações contraditórias.

A propósito, de agora em diante, irei me referir aos mundos criados pelo jogador como “dados” e aos planetas referenciados na tradição como “mundos”, apenas para tornar as coisas menos confusas.

Não está separado da última afirmação, é por causa da última afirmação. Não há outro planeta além de "seu mundo" que contenha tudo o que está escrito na tradição de Terraria, além do Carmesim, que aparentemente ultrapassou consideravelmente outros mundos.

O jogador (o jogador real, não o personagem do universo que é The Terrarian) não é uma entidade canônica em Terraria como em Minecraft ou Undertale. Como tal, os personagens se movem entre os dados e o jogador excluindo os dados não fazem parte da tradição de Terraria. O ônus da prova recai sobre você para mostrar que o player e vários dados são canônicos.

Resumindo tudo neste tópico:

•Bolsa de munição e outros itens que podem armazenar objetos infinitos: Hammerspace

•Terrariano do final do jogo > Cthulhu/Senhor da Lua > "Seu mundo" (Nível Planetário) e Pilares Celestiais (Nível Estrela Anã)

•Cthulhu/Senhor da Lua > "A própria estrutura de Terraria" (Possivelmente no Nível do Universo via Destruição Ambiental)

•Cthulhu/Senhor da Lua invocando o vazio: Manipulação Espacial

•O próprio vazio (desconhecido)

• OVNI marciano (MFTL+ velocidade de câmbio)

•O player e outros dados não são canônicos.

The Google translation is making what you say a little confusing, it seems like we are referring to different things.

I'm going to do like you, let's call the world created by the player in the game menu "world", the terraria universe "universe" and the planet we play on "planet".

well, with invoking cthulhu in a "world1" and going to another "world2" (although I didn't understand that part very well), it occurs because the "world1" in which we invoke cthulhu is a different universe from the "world2" that we will. the progression that causes Cthulhu to be freed did not occur in this "world2". Showing that the progression of the "planet" in "world1" will not interfere with the progression of the "planet" in "world2", as they are in different universes, therefore different progressions.

So each "world" created in the game menu is not within a single universe, each "world" is in its own terraria universe. seeing as you touched on the fact that the first "world" is the canon one and the character is created outside of and before that "world", would that mean that the Terrarian could survive outside the universe and survive the universe's erasure? (because it is outside of it or not), besides being older than all the lore of the terraria universe? he is older than time and space and can he live without it? in addition to the fact that the way to permanently eliminate the character is similar to eliminating the "world" that contains the universe, so would it be a universal level of durability? Since it revives within 15 seconds of death, the way to avoid this "revival" would be to cause damage equivalent to or greater than that of destroying a universe?

and since the first world is the canonical one, if I create a character and play in a created world until I arrive before the moonlord, but instead of defeating him, delete the world and play in another (with the character created at the beginning), what would that mean? Would he leave canon? How would this be classified? If the remaining world became canon, would he be left with the progression of a world that does not exist and is no longer canon? Would the fact that the player (us) is not canon in the game make the Terrarian himself responsible for erasing the world? since we control him and we can't erase a world without creating it, so would he literally be our avatar who creates and erases universes? universes containing concepts such as magic, time; Gods who created the entire cosmos and manipulate concepts such as luck, goodness, evil, etc.

talking about objects with infinite weight, the terrarian can hold an item in his hand, he can hold the bottomless bucket of water/lava/honey/shimer in his hand and swing it. In the description it is said that they all contain an infinite amount of liquid. in addition to the fact that there are 3 sponges that can infinitely absorb water/honey/lava and can be fused into a fourth sponge (3 sponges that can absorb an infinite amount in one) that can absorb the shimmer and the other 3 liquids.

in addition to the fact that when he lost in the fight ages ago, the dryads were not alone, the bosses present in the game, such as: empress of light (commands the hallow and perhaps even had an army, since she is an empress), jellies king and queen , duke fishron (possibly there were more of them at that time and maybe dragons, since he is half dragon), wizards as a lunatic cultist, since he has a cult of the sun contrary to that of the lunatic, created the golem to guard the lunatic cultist, who alone already it's very strong, plantera probably participated in a large quantity, wall of meat, queen bee probably very common at the time, an entire city (from the dungeon, it doesn't seem like much, but the mages who sealed the cultist probably came from there, I don't believe that the lizards random did this). the dryads being said to be the strongest race (above the plantera at most) having these bosses and mages as companions doesn't seem planetary.

only supposition, some things may be pure trip, but the fact of threatening the universe is indisputable.

sorry if it was a little confusing

Then I will check if there are any errors in the writing

Back