• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small additions to The Terrarian profile

Terraria profiles haven't been updated in a long time, so I should at least add more abilities to the profiles since it seems they haven't been touched since 1.3

Supernatural luck
The Terrarian can increase his luck with luck potions, equipment, ladybugs, torches, etc all of which can increase the chance of events happening, reduce the damage received, increase the damage of his own attacks, increase the damage of his damage reflection, etc

Resistance to Temperature manipulation
The wiki already accepts that The Terrarian can resist Ice manipulation due to being able to survive being Frozen and can even become immune to the Frozen debuff with equipment, so he should get this too.
He should also resist hot temperatures since he can survive and even resist (With equipment) fire/heat inducing debuffs such as On Fire! and Burning.

His Post-Plantera key should have a higher resistance to Temperature/Fire manipulation due to being able to tank attacks from Drakomires which have been described in the bestiary as enemies who harness the power of the Sun and attack with flares.
"These celestial beasts harness the power of the sun, releasing violent flares towards any intruders nearing the pillar."

Self-Sustenance (Type 2 & Type 3)
The Terrarian does not need to eat or drink water, he only eats and drinks to amplify his statistics through buffs. https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Food Not out of necessity.
This is further supported by the fact that Terraria has a Hunger mechanic, yet it is only accessible through special world seeds. It is not a part of normal gameplay.
He also does not need to sleep. He can sleep, but it is something he only does to accelerate time, not because he needs to sleep.
This is further supported by the fact that other human characters do not need beds either. They only need a table, a chair, walls and a light source to live in a house. They never sleep, even if you put beds next to them.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/House#Furniture

Dimensional Storage
The Terrarian can carry thousands of 1x1x1 feet blocks, dozens of weapons, thousands of thrones, chairs, etc yet those things never slow him down or occupy space. https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Inventory This is a clear example of dimensional storage.
He can also increase his storage size with Additional inventories coming from items such as the defender's forge, a safe, a piggy bank and the void vault.

All of these abilities will go to the first key of The Terrarian minus the Higher resistance to Fire/Temperature manipulation from the Post-Plantera key.

Votes
Agree: @Lynieryz @Half_Shiny @Mr._Bambu (Agrees with some stuff but not with other stuff) @Deagonx (Same as Bambu)
Disagree:

Last edited:
Agree FRA. Would add chill as well gets blocked by the ankh shield as well
I mean, Chilled is a less powerful variant of Frozen.
Chilled is as cold as water in a place with a blizzard since the Terrarian can stand in water from a snow biome that's under a blizzard.

Frozen straight up freezes you mid-air into ice. Resisting that is way more impressive.

Supernatural luck
The Terrarian can increase his luck with luck potions, equipment, ladybugs, torches, etc all of which can increase the chance of events happening, reduce the damage received, increase the damage of his own attacks, increase the damage of his damage reflection, etc
Limited applications but sure.
Resistance to Temperature manipulation
The wiki already accepts that The Terrarian can resist Ice manipulation due to being able to survive being Frozen and can even become immune to the Frozen debuff with equipment, so he should get this too.
He should also resist hot temperatures since he can survive and even resist (With equipment) fire/heat inducing debuffs such as On Fire! and Burning.

His Post-Plantera key should have a higher resistance to Temperature/Fire manipulation due to being able to tank attacks from Drakomires which have been described in the bestiary as enemies who harness the power of the Sun and attack with flares.

"These celestial beasts harness the power of the sun, releasing violent flares towards any intruders nearing the pillar."
Yeah. It's semantics, mostly, but yeah. That said, surviving being burned isn't unnatural for even a human, you just get badly wounded- which is more or less what happens to the Terrarian, so I disagree with that particular element of this. Items that grant resistance to On Fire and Burning are fine for this, default is a no-go. Neutral on the Drakomire point.
Self-Sustenance (Type 2 & Type 3)
The Terrarian does not need to eat or drink water, he only eats and drinks to amplify his statistics through buffs. https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Food Not out of necessity.
This is further supported by the fact that Terraria has a Hunger mechanic, yet it is only accessible through special world seeds. It is not a part of normal gameplay.
He also does not need to sleep. He can sleep, but it is something he only does to accelerate time, not because he needs to sleep.
This is further supported by the fact that other human characters do not need beds either. They only need a table, a chair, walls and a light source to live in a house. They never sleep, even if you put beds next to them. https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/House#Furniture
Seems more like a mechanical contrivance than an actual lore point. Food and beds being usable in-game items seems to me enough to suggest that the idea is that the Terrarian does eat and sleep, just not as a necessary game mechanic, which makes sense. Using this would be like placing any shooter game character in a corner for 12 hours- those elements just aren't a part of the game they wanted to use, the lack of them doesn't necessarily mean that the characters canonically don't need to eat/sleep. So disagree.
Dimensional Storage
The Terrarian can carry thousands of 1x1x1 feet blocks, dozens of weapons, thousands of thrones, chairs, etc yet those things never slow him down or occupy space. https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Inventory This is a clear example of dimensional storage.
He can also increase his storage size with Additional inventories coming from items such as the defender's forge, a safe, a piggy bank and the void vault.
While I disagree with this policy, the wiki historically does allow for this, so... sure.

Limited applications but sure.
That sounds like you agree on this part, cool.
Yeah. It's semantics, mostly, but yeah. That said, surviving being burned isn't unnatural for even a human, you just get badly wounded- which is more or less what happens to the Terrarian, so I disagree with that particular element of this. Items that grant resistance to On Fire and Burning are fine for this, default is a no-go. Neutral on the Drakomire point.
I will concede on the "base Terrarian can resist hot temperatures in base" part.
Though he can survive cold temperatures in base, seeing how being in a blizzard, tundra waters or in the tundra waters while in a blizzard does not harm him physically.
I should mention that The Terrarian does not have multiple keys for how strong he is by himself and how strong he is with equipment. I'll probably just specify which items grant him resistance to temperature manipulation, and that's it.
Seems more like a mechanical contrivance than an actual lore point. Food and beds being usable in-game items seems to me enough to suggest that the idea is that the Terrarian does eat and sleep, just not as a necessary game mechanic, which makes sense. Using this would be like placing any shooter game character in a corner for 12 hours- those elements just aren't a part of the game they wanted to use, the lack of them doesn't necessarily mean that the characters canonically don't need to eat/sleep. So disagree.
I will concede on the "The Terrarian shouldn't have Self-sustenance Type 3" because other NPCs sleep like the Angler and nothing else suggest The Terrarian is any different.

I will continue to argue that The Terrarian does not need to eat or drink to survive. The game has a Hunger mechanic, and it is only available through special world seeds like The Constant and the Get fixed boi seed. You have to go out of your way to be affected by hunger. If you take a character from one world with hunger mechanics to a world without one, they stop starving. If you take them from a normal world to a world with hunger, they start starving. I don't think that him eating food disproves my point, since food in Terraria magically amplifies your statistics. Even if he doesn't have to eat food, he should just to amplify his stats.
While I disagree with this policy, the wiki historically does allow for this, so... sure.
Well, it's either some sort of Dimensional storage or the "Steve can carry bazillions of Gold blocks thus he can lift whales, buildings, boats, pyramids, statues anything you can think of, he solos your fav with lifting strength alone" but for The Terrarian. The other day, I saw a dude on this site argue that his lifting strength should be upgraded to a stupidly high number since he was saying something something "The Terrarian can lift bazillions of gold thrones, gold blocks, swords, heavy stuff"

The Terrarian's portable storages serve as supporting evidence. I mean, you play Terraria. You can throw any portable storage into lava, like the piggy bank, safe, void bag, defender's forge and destroy those portable storages but the items inside it don't get destroyed. You can buy another safe, piggy bank, etc and get them back. They're like the ender chest from Minceraft.
The inventory works the same as the portable storages so yeah, I believe Dimensional storage is very justified.

That sounds like you agree on this part, cool.
I do.

I will concede on the "base Terrarian can resist hot temperatures in base" part.
Though he can survive cold temperatures in base, seeing how being in a blizzard, tundra waters or in the tundra waters while in a blizzard does not harm him physically.
I should mention that The Terrarian does not have multiple keys for how strong he is by himself and how strong he is with equipment. I'll probably just specify which items grant him resistance to temperature manipulation, and that's it.
People can technically live in such conditions. I think just giving him resistances via items is the safest bet.

I will concede on the "The Terrarian shouldn't have Self-sustenance Type 3" because other NPCs sleep like the Angler and nothing else suggest The Terrarian is any different.

I will continue to argue that The Terrarian does not need to eat or drink to survive. The game has a Hunger mechanic, and it is only available through special world seeds like The Constant and the Get fixed boi seed. You have to go out of your way to be affected by hunger. If you take a character from one world with hunger mechanics to a world without one, they stop starving. If you take them from a normal world to a world with hunger, they start starving. I don't think that him eating food disproves my point, since food in Terraria magically amplifies your statistics. Even if he doesn't have to eat food, he should just to amplify his stats.
See, I interpret this the other way- that Terraria optionally allowing you to contend with hunger means its exclusion is an intentional thematic choice, and thus probably not canon. They see it as an extra difficulty element that can be optionally turned on.

Well, it's either some sort of Dimensional storage or the "Steve can carry bazillions of Gold blocks thus he can lift whales, buildings, boats, pyramids, statues anything you can think of, he solos your fav with lifting strength alone" but for The Terrarian. The other day, I saw a dude on this site argue that his lifting strength should be upgraded to a stupidly high number since he was saying something something "The Terrarian can lift bazillions of gold thrones, gold blocks, swords, heavy stuff"
Me personally, the term "game mechanics" covers a lot of stuff from my perspective.

The Terrarian's portable storages serve as supporting evidence. I mean, you play Terraria. You can throw any portable storage into lava, like the piggy bank, safe, void bag, defender's forge and destroy those portable storages but the items inside it don't get destroyed. You can buy another safe, piggy bank, etc and get them back. They're like the ender chest from Minceraft.
I don't agree, minus perhaps the intentionally more magical ones. The basic safe and piggy bank (and maybe the vault) don't really strike me as "this is literally spatially connected storage!" but rather a contrivance for a simple game. The magically summoned flying piggy bank is... something, and the void bag is certainly justifiable. Still, I'm not sure why you're bothering to debate this point: from the wiki's stance on the subject, this is clear cut acceptable. I just, personally, do not agree with it. This counts as an agree, as far as your CRT is concerned.

The inventory works the same as the portable storages so yeah, I believe Dimensional storage is very justified.
Until I successfully set up some sort of mass subliminal messaging array and the microchips on which it will operate, you're free to believe what you want, yes.

I do.

People can technically live in such conditions. I think just giving him resistances via items is the safest bet.

See, I interpret this the other way- that Terraria optionally allowing you to contend with hunger means its exclusion is an intentional thematic choice, and thus probably not canon. They see it as an extra difficulty element that can be optionally turned on.

Me personally, the term "game mechanics" covers a lot of stuff from my perspective.

I don't agree, minus perhaps the intentionally more magical ones. The basic safe and piggy bank (and maybe the vault) don't really strike me as "this is literally spatially connected storage!" but rather a contrivance for a simple game. The magically summoned flying piggy bank is... something, and the void bag is certainly justifiable. Still, I'm not sure why you're bothering to debate this point: from the wiki's stance on the subject, this is clear cut acceptable. I just, personally, do not agree with it. This counts as an agree, as far as your CRT is concerned.

Until I successfully set up some sort of mass subliminal messaging array and the microchips on which it will operate, you're free to believe what you want, yes.
Question for heat resistance. Would it be fine to give it to base terrarian because he could be in hell indefinitely while water instantly evaporates in it?

Perhaps in an extremely limited capacity, but yes.

No real life human can stay for an indefinite amount of time in icy cold waters affected by a blizzard. The world record for staying in icy waters is 3 hours and 28 minutes https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...-body-contact-with-ice-to-break-record-694134, The Terrarian can stay underwater longer than that.
That, and he can do so while wearing iron armor. Iron armor doesn't give him any resistance to temperature manipulation he didn't natively have. He can also touch iron blocks that are submerged in icy waters. This is impressive because iron and metals in general are conductors. They get colder easily.
Humans don't touch metal in winter with their bare hands for a reason, it gets so cold that your skin sticks to it. Not an issue for The Terrarian, he is superhuman, and he is built different.
0UfTcjH.png
rRqLZkX.png

3IREKi9.png

Hellstone burns him when he touches it, but after mining it, it does not burn him anymore.

The Terrarian can also touch metals and wear a metal armor in the Underworld, even while being near lava. Iron and metal blocks can be right next to lava which would make them extremely hot yet The Terrarian can touch those blocks without any equipment and with little clothes.
knC1Avw.png

1d1KrXr.png

The Underworld quickly evaporates any water inside it, in seconds. He can be inside that water while it's evaporating. No human can no-sell being inside boiling water.

Video evidence. In newer versions it's quicker, but I don't want to record a video showing it. I'll just use this video I found.
See, I interpret this the other way- that Terraria optionally allowing you to contend with hunger means its exclusion is an intentional thematic choice, and thus probably not canon. They see it as an extra difficulty element that can be optionally turned on..
Fair enough, I will concede. That is also a valid interpretation for a vague feat.

If it's wiki standard, then good.
You see them too?

The Terrarian can stay underwater longer than that.
No, he can't. He'll drown.

That said, I view all of this similarly to the food thing- these aren't unnatural conditions that a human would die instantly in, I don't view it as a resistance to survive. The hell point is a bit more valid, since that rapid of evaporation is probably faster than the hottest point on Earth. So, I'll allow it.

Wouldn't it just be a straight up resistance to heat of that degree?
Yep. Which is a limited capacity. 's what I meant.

No, he can't. He'll drown.

That said, I view all of this similarly to the food thing- these aren't unnatural conditions that a human would die instantly in, I don't view it as a resistance to survive. The hell point is a bit more valid, since that rapid of evaporation is probably faster than the hottest point on Earth. So, I'll allow it.

Yep. Which is a limited capacity. 's what I meant.
Like MG scaler said, in the screenshots I sent I showed him using a breathing rod to breathe underwater by breathing the air from outside the lake. Under those conditions, he can't drown and he can stay in icy waters for more than 3 hours, therefore, superhuman cold resistance in base.

No. Because as I said, previously, I believe this to be a contrivance, similar to the food thing. The drowning bit was a joke, because for some reason you said "underwater" as opposed to "in water", the former of which makes it sound like you're proposing he just stand at the bottom of a lake or something.

An ESL ESLing, don't mind me too much.

I didn't meant to be understood as "He can stand at the bottom of a lake" I mean that he can stay submerged in icy waters for as long as he wants as long as he gets something to breathe underwater like the breathing rod.
He can also just, stay in a 1-2 block deep pond of icy water and survive the cold without any equipment but I showed examples where he is completely submerged in water to prove that all of his body can withstand cold temperatures.

I wouldn't say this is simply a game mechanic or something that was overlooked because in expert mode or higher, standing in icy water gives you the Chilled debuff. That debuff slows you down but it does not kill you. If they wanted to convey that icy water can freeze him to death, they would have made the debuff he obtains by swimming in icy water slowly kill him.

I didn't meant to be understood as "He can stand at the bottom of a lake" I mean that he can stay submerged in icy waters for as long as he wants as long as he gets something to breathe underwater like the breathing rod.
He can also just, stay in a 1-2 block deep pond of icy water and survive the cold without any equipment but I showed examples where he is completely submerged in water to prove that all of his body can withstand cold temperatures.
I know what you meant. I have this crippling thing where sometimes I try to be funny, to the detriment of everyone around me.

Regardless, I don't agree with your position and vote against that particular element. If it were something more extreme, I'd be inclined to agree- but from where I sit, the time seems arbitrary and it isn't as though this is something a human would rapidly die to, as you yourself proved. One can exist for hours under such conditions.

I know what you meant. I have this crippling thing where sometimes I try to be funny, to the detriment of everyone around me.
I see, it flew over my head.
Regardless, I don't agree with your position and vote against that particular element. If it were something more extreme, I'd be inclined to agree- but from where I sit, the time seems arbitrary and it isn't as though this is something a human would rapidly die to, as you yourself proved. One can exist for hours under such conditions.
Sure, a gifted well-trained human can handle swimming in icy waters for 3 hours.

But they can't do it indefinitely, they have a limit, The Terrarian can go on indefinitely. For way more than 3 hours.

No human can stay in icy waters for hours while wearing highly conductive armor.

No human can touch metals and ice blocks that have been submerged in icy waters for hours. The maximum I could find is 13 minutes. https://siberiantimes.com/healthand...r-13-minutes-in-bizarre-valentines-day-stunt/

Also, the thing that seals the deal with base Terrarian being resistant to cold temperatures.
Inner tubes https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Inner_Tube

Inner tubes are an accessory that increase your fishing power when you're using them while floating in water. Fishing power is necessary to fish better items so even a +5% fishing power increase is meaningful.

A viable strategy to get snow themed items, is to maximize your fishing power, go to the icy waters of the tundra, float in it and stay in there fishing for days for a 1% drop from a crate. I have personally done it a couple of times, I float in the icy waters, fish for crates with one hand while on the other hand I watch a movie.

The game rewards you for staying in icy waters fishing for days with the inner tube. This proves he can indeed resist extreme cold temperatures in base to a superhuman extent.

there isn't really "waiting for Bambu", Bambu's already given his statements.

you'd also need two staff evaluations to apply shit. gotta look for another, non-Bambu entity to give this a look-over.

I haven't pestered you in a few days, so @Deagonx not even a single Tier 1/2 feat presented here, go wild

I wanted to see if the inner tube changed your mind about The Terrarian resisting icy waters without equipment.

My thoughts pretty much reflect Bambu's, after reading the discussion.

I strikethrough'd the refuted powers.
Seems Deagon accepted, you're free to apply what's been accepted. If you need help, I can do it instead.

Back