• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the 2 Tomoe, these things should probably be added.
  1. Illusion Nullification
  2. Illusion Creation
I only just woke up so I'm too tired to scour fo YT links. But Uchiha Sarada has displayed both abilities several times with a 1 Tomoe sharingan. Ergo her two tomoe by default would possess it too

To the 2 Tomoe, these things should probably be added.
  1. Illusion Nullification
  2. Illusion Creation
I only just woke up so I'm too tired to scour fo YT links. But Uchiha Sarada has displayed both abilities several times with a 1 Tomoe sharingan. Ergo her two tomoe by default would possess it too
See, there's an issue with that. I'm aware of her showcasing these in the anime and the movie, but I can't remember them for the manga.
If you have examples from the manga, I'll add them. If not, then she'll just get those exclusively on her anime profile. (whenever it's made)

See, there's an issue with that. I'm aware of her showcasing these in the anime and the movie, but I can't remember them for the manga.
If you have examples from the manga, I'll add them. If not, then she'll just get those exclusively on her anime profile. (whenever it's made)
It's a Sharingan Page, shouldn't it be added regardless of whether it's from the manga or not? Since it's pretty much a general page

To the best of my knowledge there's no actual no panel usage of genjustu from her

It's a Sharingan Page, shouldn't it be added regardless of whether it's from the manga or not? Since it's pretty much a general page
Technically, this is just intended to overhaul the abilities on the profiles.
If I do make a page, I'll probably add a small sub-section in the "2 Tomoe" part showcasing Sarada's feats.
To the best of my knowledge there's no actual no panel usage of genjustu from her
That's an oof.

This is better than ignoring it.
Yeah, for sure.
It turns out we have a Sharingan page anyway, so I might as well improve it, too.
Any more general threads in the works?
Oh yes, plenty. I've got one up right now, in fact.
Many more to come, in my quest to completely fix all the profiles.

On another note, I found Sarada dispelling Genjutsu with her 1 Tomoe Sharingan, so I guess those fools will be getting Illusion Nullification after all.

Also I noticed a mistake I made in the sandbox. Ephemeral is technically not a Sharingan genjutsu, so while Itachi will obviously get it, I will not be adding it to the Sharingan page itself.

Looks good to me, but I thought the Sharingan could see through walls of smoke? That's kinda what Izuna vs Tobirama implied if I remember correctly. I hear people say that all the time.
Anime only iirc. And I'm pretty sure the mist Zabuza created was noted to be extremely thick, far more than usual, so that's probably why the Sharingan couldn't see through it.

Well, I think we're done here, as far as accepting the modified abilities, resistances, and weaknesses is concerned. I've also updated the Sharingan page.

That only leaves us with deciding whether or not to add these changes to the profiles themselves, or to just link the Sharingan page to the affected profiles.

Personally, I like having the abilities fully displayed on each profile, but this is a democracy. It's not up to me alone.

The individual profiles will still get their individual MS abilities either way, though.

Rinnegan superior, Sharingan inferior...!

I agree with OP's stated because he is too fast for making this thread before they can do anything except Alexander the King HST of Revision.

Can I rest in peace thanks to US96 who made this.

Well, I think we're done here, as far as accepting the modified abilities, resistances, and weaknesses is concerned. I've also updated the Sharingan page.

That only leaves us with deciding whether or not to add these changes to the profiles themselves, or to just link the Sharingan page to the affected profiles.

Personally, I like having the abilities fully displayed on each profile, but this is a democracy. It's not up to me alone.

The individual profiles will still get their individual MS abilities either way, though.
Bump.

We still need to decide on this before this thread is concluded.

Would it not be easier to simply link the Sharingan page? And say something like for say, under resistances, “Resistances granted by blah Sharingan”.

Would it not be easier to simply link the Sharingan page? And say something like for say, under resistances, “Resistances granted by blah Sharingan”.
Not every Sharingan user knows how to use all of the Sharingan's various abilities though.

Not every Sharingan user knows how to use all of the Sharingan's various abilities though.
Well yeah but couldn’t we mark it by what “tier” they are, don’t OP profiles do this with Haki, “Proficient Haki user” or sumn like that?

Well yeah but couldn’t we mark it by what “tier” they are, don’t OP profiles do this with Haki, “Proficient Haki user” or sumn like that?
Kinda, but switch "tier" and proficiency with "Tomoe".
All 3 Tomoe users we have profiles for are masterful top tier Uchiha who have maximized their proficiency. We don't have profiles for middling or Average Uchiha since they're all dEd

Still, the "individual abilities" and Mangekyō abilities I've added to the page would likely need to be added to the profiles.

Not the same

Haki has abilities used just by being activated. It's like passive reiatsu abilities. Like its mechanics are "use this, use that, use those".

Sharingan abilities need to be trained in specific areas to be used in those areas, something that not every sharingan user has. It's not as free as Haki, as even though every Sharingan user is capable of doing those techniques, they just... don't.

Sharingan abilities need to be trained in specific areas to be used in those areas, something that not every sharingan user has. It's not as free as Haki, as even though every Sharingan user is capable of doing those techniques, they just... don't
That's not quite how it is, either.
Training doesn't help them acquire the abilities. It just helps them acquire proficiency and skill. As far we know, the abilities are acquired as soon as the Sharingan's awakened, much like their MS abilities and Sasuke's improved precognition.

I think the Susano'o is a good way to think about it. Every MS users that has awakened both of their eyes' abilities has it, but they evolve its stages and gain proficiency with it through usage which is an L because using it a lot makes them go blind, but shhhhhhh

The examples I used were also extremely varied between users and/or generalized statements for the Sharingan to prove that they all have said abilities. That's why I didn't settle for one or two examples for each thing, and went all out in that regard.

Either way, yeah, not quite like Haki.

That's not quite how it is, either.
Training doesn't help them acquire the abilities. It just helps them acquire proficiency and skill. As far we know, the abilities are acquired as soon as the Sharingan's awakened, much like their MS abilities and Sasuke's improved precognition.

I think the Susano'o is a good way to think about it. Every MS users that has awakened both of their eyes' abilities has it, but they evolve its stages and gain proficiency with it through usage which is an L because using it a lot makes them go blind, but shhhhhhh
No you're right, I know that training doesn't help them acquire the abilities.

I mean that training allows them to actually use the abilities in general.
Like Sasuke fresh off of gaining the MS didn't know how to use its abilities. He was using new abilities fight after fight.

Do they have those abilities? Yes. Do they know how to use it? Not really, which is the issue with adding them

No you're right, I know that training doesn't help them acquire the abilities.

I mean that training allows them to actually use the abilities in general.
Like Sasuke fresh off of gaining the MS didn't know how to use its abilities. He was using new abilities fight after fight.

Do they have those abilities? Yes. Do they know how to use it? Not really, which is the issue with adding them
You're gonna have to be more specific about this. What abilities should they not have exactly?

The Mangekyō abilities are individual abilities that are exclusive to those who showed them, so you're obviously not talking about those.

The Sharingan's visual enhancements, copying abilities, chakra vision, precog, etc etc are either general abilities derived through generalized statements and/or have been shown by multiple users (including those as inexperienced as 2 tomoe Sasuke and freshly awakened 3 tomoe Sasuke)

Genjutsu has been shown by all of em, every single one.

The issue here is that we only have profiles for the absolute top of the line Uchiha clansmen. Like, the best ones in history.
And even inferior ones who only transplanted the Sharingan have shown many of these abilities.

I think they all should get all the general abilities I listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back