• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kakashi and Sasuke's speed "Higher with Chidori" / "Higher with Raikiri" Removal

The statement of Chidori / Raikiri boosting speed doesn't exist in the story. This is a misinterpretation and I don't know how did it pass.

The user runs at full speed to boost the thrusting capability of Chidori / Raikiri in order to get the best results, the faster the user is, the more piercing his attack is. Head-on full speed sort of attack is stated to be easy to counter or avoid in the Naruto universe, and If the opponent counterattacks while they are running at full speed with Chidori / Raikiri, they'll be faced with an attack that has the speed of their own attacking speed in addition to their opponent's, which is very difficult to dodge without the enhanced reaction speed of the Sharingan. This is why Chidori is dangerous without the Sharingan, because it is a head-on full speed attack.

Kakashi had Sasuke increase his speed to increase the thrusting capability of Chidori, and trained his Taijutsu to effectively deal with the opponent's counter to it with the Sharingan

So, Chidori doesn't boost Sasuke's speed, it's the other way around. Sasuke's speed boosts Chidori's attack potence.

An example: What made Sasuke's Chidori fail to cut Madara when he attacked simultaneously with Naruto's magnet Rasengan, but his Chidori Spear slice the same Madara in half, and his base sword pierce through his chest, is not that his base sword and Chidori spear are superior to Chidori, but with the Chidori Spear he was running at a higher speed toward Madara than he was when he was using Chidori, and with the sword, Madara was the one that was moving toward it at full speed trying to blitz Sasuke. Not that the sword or even Chidori spear are more piercing than Chidori.

It is all explained in these scans from chapters 113-114

14--YnHpBePyYeEV.jpg

3-5ImUvq9SIyULt.jpg

main-qimg-113ebc69155904d920915f0c6e59ef27-pjlq

"Higher with Chidori" or "Higher with Raikiri" should be removed from these profiles
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sasuke_Uchiha_(Part_I)
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sasuke_Uchiha_(Part_II)
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sasuke_Uchiha_(New_Era)
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Kakashi_Hatake
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sarada_Uchiha

I'd also like to add that the Curse Mark doesn't boost speed. There are no statement nor feats showing it doing so. "Higher with CS1 or CS2" should also be removed from the speed category.

Last edited:
I also have a scan that says Raikiri increases strength and speed, but I don't remember the source. I think it was written in something like episode description/magazine information, but I don't know if these are considered canon on the wiki.

Edit: By the way, I haven't read CRT yet. I left this scan because it was the first thing that came to my mind, I'll read it later.

what about this?

Misinterpreted scan.
He has to run at full speed to get the best result with Chidori, thus "makes you move too fast". without running speed to boost Chidori's AP you might just get the opponent slapped like with Naruto in VoTE 2.

Misinterpreted scan.
He has to run at full speed to get the best result with Chidori, thus "makes you move too fast". without running speed to boost Chidori's AP you might just get the opponent slapped like with Naruto in VoTE 2.
That's not the point. The point is that the speed at which they normally fight in isn't as high as when they use chidori. Because if it were, Kakashi would be getting tunnel vision while doing taijutsu. Sasuke's base speed is FTL. So his speed while using chidori has to be higher. Whether chidori itself boosts his speed or not is irrelevant because for all practical purposes, Sasuke's speed while using chidori is higher.

That's not the point. The point is that the speed at which they normally fight in isn't as high as when they use chidori. Because if it were, Kakashi would be getting tunnel vision while doing taijutsu. Sasuke's base speed is FTL. So his speed while using chidori has to be higher. Whether chidori itself boosts his speed or not is irrelevant because for all practical purposes, Sasuke's speed while using chidori is higher.
Still "higher with Chidori" is misleading. It doesn't add speed that is beyond their normal capability. He just runs at the opponent at full speed directly to boost its thrust. The line is useless.

it sounds less like you want it removed and more like you want a thorough explanation on the profile for the "speed amp" Chidori give is.

I made the initial CRT adding the higher with Chidori/Raikiri so I can add additional explanations and scans to it soon. the only reason I didn't at the time was because those profiles along with others are being revamped soon regardless.

Still "higher with Chidori" is misleading. It doesn't add speed that is beyond their normal capability. He just runs at the opponent at full speed directly to boost its thrust. The line is useless.
There is still gonna be a separate rating because the speed is stated to be distinctly higher than their normal combat speed. How you come to the conclusion that it isn't beyond their normal capabilities is beyond me because we know they require an entire dojutsu to perform it. That warrants a separate rating. Change the CRT so that it's clear that this is just a justification change. It would ease a lot of confusion and make your case more compelling.

Last edited:
There is still gonna be a separate rating because the speed is stated to be distinctly higher than their normal combat speed. How you come to the conclusion that it isn't beyond their normal capabilities is beyond me because we know they require an entire dojutsu to perform it. That warrants a separate rating. Change the CRT so that it's clear that this is just a justification change. It would ease a lot of confusion and make your case more compelling.
An entire dojutsu is required to handle the opponents counter to a head-on full-speed attack in general, because that type of attack is easily countered, not Chidori specifically.

3-5ImUvq9SIyULt.jpg

This was also stated about Bee's linear movement with lariat.

I've never seen Kakashi or Sasuke rely on Chidori to match a faster opponent, and personally, I've never encountered anyone that uses this in a debate.

An entire dojutsu is required to handle the opponents counter to a head-on full-speed attack in general, because that type of attack is easily countered, not Chidori specifically.

3-5ImUvq9SIyULt.jpg

I've never seen Kakashi or Sasuke rely on Chidori to match a faster opponent, and personally, I've never encountered anyone that uses this in a debate.
Oh boy. It's like you aren't even trying to understand my arguments. Read my earlier comments again. Also look at the scans sparkle posted.

3-5ImUvq9SIyULt.jpg

Sasuke used Chidori to match Ay

3T Sasuke is slower than SM Naruto (would match him with the MS) and V1 Ay is faster than SM Naruto.
I don't read Boruto tbh, but from I understand Chidori is the strongest attack she got and she can get him with it before he can weave a sign. Again this doesn't say it boosts her speed, she just ran at him using her full-speed.
She literally says the jutsu itself is faster than sign weaving, and we can clearly see that activating the Chidori immediately gave her a speed boost in the anime version.

3T Sasuke is slower than SM Naruto (would match him with the MS) and V1 Ay is faster than SM Naruto.

She literally says the jutsu itself is faster than sign weaving, and we can clearly see that activating the Chidori immediately gave her a speed boost in the anime version.

3T Sasuke is slower than SM Naruto based on what? They've never fought
V1 Ay has the same speed as Suigetsu, Darui, and Jugo. They were shown and stated to keep up with him. All of them are slower than Sasuke.
Also, Sage Mode actually only boosts reaction speed in a similar manner to the Sharingan, it doesn't boost actual speed. Was never stated nor does it have feat to do so.
I've also mentioned that the CS1 and 2 don't boost speed (any sort of speed). This also should be discussed.
And the animation is irrelevant.

Last edited:
I think a lot of this is semantics, regardless if the person has to actively amp themselves to use chidori or not, the speed at which the chidori operates under normal circumstances is faster than what the person regularly fights at.
If they can use that speed using any other attack, then Chidori / Raikiri shouldn't be mentioned in the speed category. Also, they don't always use their full-speed when they use Chidori. People who read the OP can understand that from the explanation I gave on why Chidori failed to wound Madara while Chidori Spear and Sasuke's base sword succeeded.

If they can use that speed using any other attack, then Chidori / Raikiri shouldn't be mentioned in the speed category. Also, they don't always use their full-speed when they use Chidori. People who read the OP can understand that from the explanation I gave on why Chidori failed to wound Madara while Chidori Spear and Sasuke's base sword succeeded.
Do you see a "Higher with Sharingan" in Sasuke's profiles anywhere? If they use their Chidori speed in other attacks, it will always include sharingan. So it's a fact that Sharingan allows them to move at speeds they normally wouldn't be able to. Which is why there should be a separate category.

3T Sasuke is slower than SM Naruto based on what? They've never fought
They would die if they fought https://naruto-official.com/en/news/01_1611.html

V1 Ay has the same speed as Suigetsu, Darui, and Jugo. They were shown and stated to keep up with him. All of them are slower than Sasuke.
He was suppressed that whole time and when he powered up he almost blitzed CM2 Jugo from a distance
15-T6K8itGVuXJSR-m.jpg
0-5XOjECtHRF6Tb.jpg

Also, Sage Mode actually only boosts reaction speed in a similar manner to the Sharingan, it doesn't boost actual speed. Was never stated nor does it have feat to do so.
SM Naruto was able to tag the 3rd Raikage which he had trouble doing in KCM
I've also mentioned that the CS1 and 2 don't boost speed (any sort of speed). This also should be discussed.
And the animation is irrelevant.
CM2 Sasuke matched KM1 Naruto whereas Naruto was easily tagging and throwing 3T/CM1 Sasuke around. CM1 Sasuke also overwhelmed Base Naruto with speed while when he was in 2T Naruto was doing fine ftmp.

They would die if they fought https://naruto-official.com/en/news/01_1611.html

He was suppressed that whole time and when he powered up he almost blitzed CM2 Jugo from a distance
15-T6K8itGVuXJSR-m.jpg
0-5XOjECtHRF6Tb.jpg

SM Naruto was able to tag the 3rd Raikage which he had trouble doing in KCM

CM2 Sasuke matched KM1 Naruto whereas Naruto was easily tagging and throwing 3T/CM1 Sasuke around. CM1 Sasuke also overwhelmed Base Naruto with speed while when he was in 2T Naruto was doing fine ftmp.
1- That's a near blind weakened Sasuke.

2- He wasn't suppressed. Cee stated they're keeping up with him. And there's no difference between Base Jugo and CS2 Jugo when it comes to speed.

3- Sasuke can match KM 1 Naruto without the CS. It's the chakra arms that were making unpredictable attacks that are hard to read with the Sharingan. The defense of CS2's wings solved that problem. Base Sasuke should be > Base Naruto in speed.
5-V8_kyRYHnXrXL.jpg

4- SM Naruto enhances the reaction speed of the user to match the opponents attack. But the user doesn't normally operate on that level, only reaction. SM isn't on par with the KCM when it comes to speed, but it's reaction speed is superior to KCM's
tumblr_ough7m45xw1urljpmo1_1280.jpg

1- That's a near blind weakened Sasuke.
It's referring to when Sasuke comes to Konoha in the future after healing. Obviously this Sasuke isn't on par with FP Naruto as Naruto easily matched him in base. They looked deep into each other and saw each other's true powers with the whole reading hearts without exchanging words thing, which is how they came to that conclusion.
2- He wasn't suppressed. Cee stated they're keeping up with him. And there's no difference between Base Jugo and CS2 Jugo when it comes to speed.
So why was Jugo surprised at his speed which he saw several times earlier in the fight? And why did he only react at the last moment when he could handily react to someone on par with him prior to this?

Yes it is, and you'd need to make a separate CRT regarding that to argue against this.
3- Sasuke can match KM 1 Naruto without the CS. It's the chakra arms that were making unpredictable attacks that are hard to read with the Sharingan. The defense of CS2's wings solved that problem. Base Sasuke should be > Base Naruto in speed.
5-V8_kyRYHnXrXL.jpg
Sasuke was barely able to dodge 1T Naruto's physical attacks, but CM2 Sasuke was fast enough to match his speed completely and counterattack him.

No, this is Base 2T Sasuke vs Base Naruto.
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 5
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 6
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 7
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 14

Meanwhile this is CM1 Sasuke vs Base Naruto, bro was helpless.
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 227, page 16
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 227, page 19

4- SM Naruto enhances the reaction speed of the user to match the opponents attack. But the user doesn't normally operate on that level, only reaction. SM isn't on par with the KCM when it comes to speed, but it's reaction speed is superior to KCM's
tumblr_ough7m45xw1urljpmo1_1280.jpg
It doesn't matter how fast his reactions were if his combat speed wasn't fast enough to hit the 3rd Raikage, which it was.
13-txOXup1EXRg1j-m.jpg

It's referring to when Sasuke comes to Konoha in the future after healing. Obviously this Sasuke isn't on par with FP Naruto as Naruto easily matched him in base. They looked deep into each other and saw each other's true powers with the whole reading hearts without exchanging words thing, which is how they came to that conclusion.

So why was Jugo surprised at his speed which he saw several times earlier in the fight? And why did he only react at the last moment when he could handily react to someone on par with him prior to this?

Yes it is, and you'd need to make a separate CRT regarding that to argue against this.

Sasuke was barely able to dodge 1T Naruto's physical attacks, but CM2 Sasuke was fast enough to match his speed completely and counterattack him.

No, this is Base 2T Sasuke vs Base Naruto.
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 5
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 6
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 7
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 226, page 14

Meanwhile this is CM1 Sasuke vs Base Naruto, bro was helpless.
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 227, page 16
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 227, page 19

It doesn't matter how fast his reactions were if his combat speed wasn't fast enough to hit the 3rd Raikage, which it was.
13-txOXup1EXRg1j-m.jpg
1- This has nothing to do with MS Sasuke either way. That's a general thing.

2- This is the first time Jugo faced Ay, Suigetsu is the one who handled him last time.

3- The only thing that was giving Sasuke trouble is the chakra arms, which was giving him unpredictable attacks.

4- You're nitpicking to prove a point that's not true. The CS isn't a speed boost
Here Sasuke is blitzing Naruto without CS
16-98C9Zt_b_NyiT.jpg

Sasuke went toe to toe with Rasengan expecting to overpower it with Chidori, they stalemated (he stalemated Naruto using a weaker jutsu which is impressive), so he went with a different tactic after that and that's how he landed the Chidori the second time. It just happened that he was using the CM this time (he has no control over it), but the CM has nothing to do with his speed, it boosts other categories. Base Naruto is able to match Sasuke's speed though shadow clones. Can't without that.

5- SM boosts speed, but only reaction speed, doesn't boost speed in general.

The moment sasuke used cm1 naruto was helpless. Idk why you'd say it dosen't boost speed. What do u think it boost for sasuke?
The CM added physical strength added to Naruto's helplessness, but Sasuke got that speed without the CM. He's as fast as base Lee, and base Lee is faster than anyone else among the genins when it comes to pure speed.
The CM temporarily boosts chakra reserves, AP, physical strength, and durability with CS2 wings. Adds flight also which is the most important thing it added in my opinion.
There are 7 CM users in the story you are welcome to prove the CM boosted the speed of any one of them.

Last edited:
1- This has nothing to do with MS Sasuke either way. That's a general thing.
It literally does. If they're going at full power, then they're fighting in SM and MS, which is consistent with both Naruto needing KCM to fight him and Sasuke needing the EMS to fight Naruto.
2- This is the first time Jugo faced Ay, Suigetsu is the one who handled him last time.
You said Darui is on par with V1 Ay, and Jugo intercepted him.
3- The only thing that was giving Sasuke trouble is the chakra arms, which was giving him unpredictable attacks.
Even when Naruto wasn't using any unpredictable tactic, he still blitzed Sasuke from a distance.
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 231, page 10
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 231, page 11

4- You're nitpicking to prove a point that's not true. The CS isn't a speed boost
"nitpicking"
Shows Base Naruto consistently being on par with 2T Sasuke and CM1 Sasuke blitzing him back and forth
Here Sasuke is blitzing Naruto without CS
16-98C9Zt_b_NyiT.jpg
Was probably using Shunshin cause that's consistently a blitz tier boost, in base speed they were consistently relative.
Sasuke went toe to toe with Rasengan expecting to overpower it with Chidori, they stalemated (he stalemated Naruto using a weaker jutsu which is impressive), so he went with a different tactic after that and that's how he landed the Chidori the second time.
Why does him expecting to overpower it mean he's gonna nerf his speed??
It just happened that he was using the CM this time (he has no control over it), but the CM has nothing to do with his speed, it boosts other categories. Base Naruto is able to match Sasuke's speed though shadow clones. Can't without that.
Sasuke disagrees, he assumed the 3T amp was actually the Curse Mark, heavily implying that the CM does boost speed.
6-tAdwS_EyJXf-d.jpg

5- SM boosts speed, but only reaction speed, doesn't boost speed in general.
You just ignored what I said

I don't read Boruto tbh, but from I understand Chidori is the strongest attack she got and she can get him with it before he can weave a sign. Again this doesn't say it boosts her speed, she just ran at him using her full-speed.
Brother she said that she needs an attack that’s faster than boro can weave signs. Then she said there’s just one, chidori

So physical attacks aren’t fast enough, her other jutsu aren’t fast enough but chidori is. It’s a pretty damn straightforward example tbh

Brother she said that she needs an attack that’s faster than boro can weave signs. Then she said there’s just one, chidori

So physical attacks aren’t fast enough, her other jutsu aren’t fast enough but chidori is. It’s a pretty damn straightforward example tbh
I don't read Boruto as I said, but just from those scans posted, she needs an attack that is both fast and strong enough to damage him.
Chidori is the strongest attack and it relies on her running directly at the opponent using full-speed, the other attacks didn't. And she's the only one who can comfortably attempt to blitz Boro without worrying thanks to the Sharingan.
Back to where I have more knowledge, Sasuke without chidori was regarded as fast as base Lee, with Chidori he was still regarded as fast as base Lee.
It literally does. If they're going at full power, then they're fighting in SM and MS, which is consistent with both Naruto needing KCM to fight him and Sasuke needing the EMS to fight Naruto.

You said Darui is on par with V1 Ay, and Jugo intercepted him.

Even when Naruto wasn't using any unpredictable tactic, he still blitzed Sasuke from a distance.
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 231, page 10
Naruto - Digital Colored Comics chapter 231, page 11

"nitpicking"
Shows Base Naruto consistently being on par with 2T Sasuke and CM1 Sasuke blitzing him back and forth

Was probably using Shunshin cause that's consistently a blitz tier boost, in base speed they were consistently relative.

Why does him expecting to overpower it mean he's gonna nerf his speed??

Sasuke disagrees, he assumed the 3T amp was actually the Curse Mark, heavily implying that the CM does boost speed.
6-tAdwS_EyJXf-d.jpg

You just ignored what I said
1- Sasuke was extremely weakened and can't use any dojutsu. He didn't need a powerup, he simply needed his power back. Naruto needed Kurama's power, which is a powerup. EMS isn't a powerup, it's just eternal sight. Or at least that's what he knew about it. SM is meant to parallel Hebi Sasuke with snakes and frogs and all that. And if SM and Hebi Sasuke fought, my money would be on Hebi Sasuke.

2- Yeah, he never faced the Raikage. We don't know what Jugo thought of Darui, maybe he thought he was fast as well. We don't have access to their every thought

3- It's the chakra arms again. The Sharingan can't anticipate them. KM1 Naruto himself couldn't tag Sasuke from a close distance

4- You've only shown two scans, I've shown that base Sasuke would blitz Naruto if he wants to as he did in CM1. Sasuke doesn't acknowledge Naruto as an equal, he wanted to overpower him in a direct clash. That didn't work, so he went with another tactic, which worked. That's all.

5- He assumed the CM amped his ocular abilities.

I don't read Boruto as I said, but just from those scans posted, she needs an attack that is both fast and strong enough to damage him.
Chidori is the strongest attack and it relies on her running directly at the opponent using full-speed, the other attacks didn't. And she's the only one who can comfortably attempt to blitz Boro without worrying thanks to the Sharingan.
..Ok so one step at a time, she said she needs an attack faster than boro weaving signs then said the only attack that qualifies is chidori, yes or no?

Disagree with the premise of this thread.

Let me do a quick explanation using kakashi.
Now whether the chidori itself boost speed is irrelevant.

Kakashi while using chidori has to run at his full speed. I.e 100% speed. But after using it minato tells him that because he is running at 100% speed his vision becomes tunnelled and as such he won't be able to see the enemy counter coz of his lack of awareness of his surroundings.
This tells us something: that shinobi don't normally run at 100% speed. If they do their vision would be less focused on their surroundings and would be susceptible to counters easily. Kakashi makes up for this with the sharingan which has analytical prediction and gives a wider array of vision and even see chakra.

It's simple reasoning kakashi say for example is sub-relativistic combat speed . That would be less than the 100% he uses for chidori.
So chidori =100% speed> kakashi combat speed which is 99% and below

..Ok so one step at a time, she said she needs an attack faster than boro weaving signs then said the only attack that qualifies is chidori, yes or no?
Yep. The only attack that can do that simultaneously while being strong enough to penetrate him.
I've watched the animated fight, and I don't see how it is a speed boost. Everybody was keeping up with that dude in speed and have tagged him.
Yeaaaaah when I heard Hebi Sasuke>SM Naruto I was like:
Imma GIFs | Tenor
You should pay more attention to feats
Hebi Sasuke's versatility, durability, hax, experience as well as speed scaling > SM Naruto's. And Kirin > RS.
I can argue that had Sasuke used Kirin on the Kage Summit, had he not needed Danzo alive, nobody in the summit would have survived, thus Hebi Sasuke > Kage Level (the level which SM Naruto is at in my opinion). He is also much harder to kill than Naruto thanks to Orochimaru's replacement technique also he has the underrated ability of flight to stay out of his opponents range. And peak MS Sasuke > Hebi Sasuke.
I can give you other reasons why I think MS Sasuke is stronger than SM Naruto if you want.
War arc SM Naruto might have a good chance against Hebi though
Let me do a quick explanation using kakashi.
Now whether the chidori itself boost speed is irrelevant.

Kakashi while using chidori has to run at his full speed. I.e 100% speed. But after using it minato tells him that because he is running at 100% speed his vision becomes tunnelled and as such he won't be able to see the enemy counter coz of his lack of awareness of his surroundings.
This tells us something: that shinobi don't normally run at 100% speed. If they do their vision would be less focused on their surroundings and would be susceptible to counters easily. Kakashi makes up for this with the sharingan which has analytical prediction and gives a wider array of vision and even see chakra.

It's simple reasoning kakashi say for example is sub-relativistic combat speed . That would be less than the 100% he uses for chidori.
So chidori =100% speed> kakashi combat speed which is 99% and below
Several people said the same thing. A head-on 100% speed attack was stated to be easy to counter or avoided even by a slower opponent such as Gaara, as Lee wouldn't have dared attack Gaara like that. That doesn't say that 100% speed can't be used in other situations (like running in circles around Gaara) It isn't related to Chidori specifically, and can be used without it. They just run at full speed to deal max damage with it.
3-5ImUvq9SIyULt.jpg

You can imagine it in real life. If you run fast then punch something or kick a ball, your strike might get stronger. The credit for running fast shouldn't be given to the strike.
Also, using your arguments, I think the credit should be given to the Sharingan rather than Chidori

Last edited:
Several people said the same thing. A head-on 100% speed attack was stated to be easy to counter or avoided even by a slower opponent such as Gaara, as Lee wouldn't have dared attack Gaara like that. That doesn't say that 100% speed can't be used in other situations (like running in circles around Gaara) It isn't related to Chidori specifically, and can be used without it. They just run at full speed to deal max damage with it.
3-5ImUvq9SIyULt.jpg

You can imagine it in real life. If you run fast then punch something or kick a ball, your strike might get stronger. The credit for running fast shouldn't be given to the strike.
Also, using your arguments, I think the credit should be given to the Sharingan rather than Chidori
Okay gaara can counter it so? like Sasuke wasn't gonna run in a straight line from a far away distance . That's good enough distance and knowing the direction to be able to easily counter and it helps the more that the person coming has tunnel vision.
See you understand what I'm saying but at the same time you don't which is confusing to me.
And yes it doesn't mean they can't use 100% speed in other situations but they specifically do not 99% of the time coz it narrows their vision which is something that should definitely not happen to you as a shinobi as you must be aware of your surroundings.
The crux of the matter is kakashi is sub rel in combat speed without using 100% speed and when using chidori he draws out his 100% speed hence higher than sub rel.
If you want the justification changed from "higher with chidori" to "higher while using chidori" or "higher while using chidori as he draws out his max speed which is higher than his normal combat speed" That's fine. But that's the highest that can be done.

Back