• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

US96's Naruto Improvement Project: Basic Shinobi Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I live so @Wrath_Of_Itachi can suffer 🔥

Hey everyone! It's me again.

This thread will revolve around improving the P&A formatting of three basic shinobi techniques that every ninja in the verse basically has: The Clone, Transformation, and Paralysis Techniques.

Here's the sandbox with my proposal, as well as the characters that should be getting this.

Once again, this is nothing new, just an improvement over the currently implemented P&A. So hopefully it'll be another straightforward thread.

Let's discuss!

Do I even have to voice my agreement or is it understood by now that I’ve already seen and approved of this

I really hate given these to the characters who haven't even bothered using them. Sure, there low grade techniques that say genin class can use but we know many of these characters don't bother.

Regardless, if it's standard stuff I don't mind.

I really hate given these to the characters who haven't even bothered using them. Sure, there low grade techniques that say genin class can use but we know many of these characters don't bother.

Regardless, if it's standard stuff I don't mind.
Part of me agrees. It is fairly standard to give these abilities out to characters if they're so incredibly basic that it would be ridiculous if these characters didn't know how to do them, so in that sense these abilities belong. But at the same time it feels a little misleading in some cases to this jutsu is part of their fighting style.

I almost feel like that we should put in a note at the bottom of some of the character's pages that "X Character hasn't been seen to use these abilities, but it is assumed that they should be capable of them." For the ones who haven't showcased them.

(The Sandbox looks fine to me US96)

I feel like that's just CIS/PIS at play. Most characters don't use all of their Jutsu at any given opportunity looking at you, Sharingan and Rinnegan users.
But considering the statements and lore confirming these techniques are basic staples that basically all academy graduated Shinobi know, they should get them.

Add minor illusion creation next to duplication
Yeah, good idea. I'll add it.
You mean the cloak of invisibility stuff or the extra explanations? If it's the latter, what do you think I should add specifically? Since there's quite a lot in there, definitely a lot for the P&A section.
Everything is fine
Thanks for the suggestions and evaluation once again!

Yeah, good idea. I'll add it.

You mean the cloak of invisibility stuff or the extra explanations? If it's the latter, what do you think I should add specifically? Since there's quite a lot in there, definitely a lot for the P&A section.
Nevermind, my lack of reading comprehension didn't see that you added everything
Thanks for the suggestions and evaluation once again!
Any time

shouldn't all shinobis get Aura? since well they have Auras just in the form of chakra. or rather chakra equates to their Aura
No, I don't think so. Aura involves having energy envelop the user, and can be used for a variety of purposes. Most Shinobi can't even emit their chakra outside of focusing it on their hands and feet, so yeah.

Though I guess people like Neji, Susano'o users, and possibly Jinchūriki could qualify.

No, I don't think so. Aura involves having energy envelop the user, and can be used for a variety of purposes. Most Shinobi can't even emit their chakra outside of focusing it on their hands and feet, so yeah.

Though I guess people like Neji, Susano'o users, and possibly Jinchūriki could qualify.
well high tier ninjas should also qualify, we have people like tobirama projecting their chakra Aura that even the surrounding cave walls started to crack, and hashirama also projecting His own to stop him.
Not all Shinobi can create an aura of chakra as far as I can recall.
yes, I think all high tiered can qualify based on Tobirama feat

well high tier ninjas should also qualify, we have people like tobirama projecting their chakra Aura that even the surrounding cave walls started to crack, and hashirama also projecting His own to stop him
I don't think there's a reason to assume all people on their level can do that. For starters, nobody else has done something like that (except Zabuza I guess? But his demon aura is considered a special property anyway), so we don't have a lot of precedent.
Also Hashirama and Tobirama are known for their exceptional vitality and powerful chakra, due to being high tier Senju, so idk.

Actually......hmmmm, wait....you might be right. Hiruzen and Orochimaru also showcased explosive aura.
I guess I'm more neutral on this now that I thought about it more. I'll wait to see what the others think.

I don’t think all strong shinobi should qualify, but Orochimaru, Hiruzen, Hashirama, Tobirama and Neji should have Aura since they’ve all actually displayed something like that.

I don't think there's a reason to assume all people on their level can do that. For starters, nobody else has done something like that (except Zabuza I guess? But his demon aura is considered a special property anyway), so we don't have a lot of precedent.
Also Hashirama and Tobirama are known for their exceptional vitality and powerful chakra, due to being high tier Senju, so idk.

Actually......hmmmm, wait....you might be right. Hiruzen and Orochimaru also showcased explosive aura.
I guess I'm more neutral on this now that I thought about it more. I'll wait to see what the others think.
also all gates user like guy and lee too would qualify as it is just them also projecting their chakra
and by the definition from the gates usage "increasing chakra output to the point it is visible to naked eyes" it should be a general thing but i guess some people with large chakra reserves and skilled ones would be able to do it longer.

I think we should probably stick to giving to the people who have shown it, which would end up being a whole lot of people anyway.
Hashirama, Tobirama, Hiruzen, Orochimaru, High tier Gentle Fist users (Neji, Hiashi/Hizashi, Hinata, etc), Susano'o users, Gates users (3rd to 6th Gate), Jinchūriki, some Ōtsutsuki members.
Even if we stick purely with their own showings, a lot of characters will get it.

Anyway, it should probably be handled in a different thread since it's not really a "basic shinobi technique".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back