• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Seven vs Manga MCs, Part 1: Luffy

Luffy doesn't even have to do anything. Homelander is the only relevant character here and he'll literally rip his own team apart before he can even scratch rubber boy.

Homie tryna harm Luzny is gonna look kinda like this.

Last edited:
Yeah this is just Luffy vs Homelander. In that case, from what I know Homey isn't very good about fighting people on his level and Luffy's straight up stronger, although Homelander could fly Luffy will just stretch and grapple him. Voting Luffy

Disagree with this sentiment. The others are mostly fodder, sure, but they aren't useless.

That said, heat vision is the only wincon for the 7 here.
Let's see. Black Noir, Queen Maeve, Translucent, The Deep, and Lamplighter all gets oneshotted. Mr. Marathon is a speedster but he's featless and even if we assume he's comparable to A-Train that will only make him Subsonic AT BEST while Luffy is Hypersonic+.
He's also like over 2 times faster than Homelander so I doubt he'll have any trouble reacting to Heat Vision.

Let's see. Black Noir, Queen Maeve, Translucent, The Deep, and Lamplighter all gets oneshotted. Mr. Marathon is a speedster but he's featless and even if we assume he's comparable to A-Train that will only make him Subsonic AT BEST while Luffy is Hypersonic+.
He's also like over 2 times faster than Homelander so I doubt he'll have any trouble reacting to Heat Vision.
Oh, I meant the Season 1 Lineup

Oh, I meant the Season 1 Lineup
Nothing changes. Okay, hear me out on this one. Use Live Action Luffy and restrict the Seven to only their 9-A members (So that they stand a chance and Homelander isn't there to commit friendly fire while trying to kill him). It's the only way I can see this match working. Otherwise, it's just Luffy and Homie oneshotting everyone.

Last edited:
Nothing changes. Okay, hear me out on this one. Use Live Action Luffy and restrict the Seven to only their 9-A members (So that they stand a chance and Homelander isn't there to commit friendly fire while trying to kill him). It's the only way I can see this match working. Otherwise, it's just Luffy and Homie oneshotting everyone.
I kind of want a thing going where the full 7 go up against different Manga MCs. Maybe if I had all members of the group at their strongest, so Maeve could assist?

I kind of want a thing going where the full 7 go up against different Manga MCs. Maybe if I had all members of the group at their strongest, so Maeve could assist?
I mean, if you insist on keeping it Manga Luffy then that could make it more fair. He still wins though.

Luffy is a little less than 3 times as strong as Homelander.

I'm also equalizing speed so he doesn't basically blitz the whole team. That's the last tweak I'm doing.

Luffy is a little less than 3 times as strong as Homelander.

I'm also equalizing speed so he doesn't basically blitz the whole team. That's the last tweak I'm doing.
So everyone is the same speed? In that case, A-Train would actually be over 3 times faster than his team and opponent thanks to the speed amp from Compound V. It's too bad that he probably won't think to use it to distract Luffy or save his teammates for example and instead just bullrush the pirate which would be the equivalent of running straight into a brick wall, well, a rubbery one. The battlefield also renders Starlight almost completely useless.

Last edited:
Most of the people in Seven just punch and would be scared af after seeing it does nothing to him. what I see in favor of them is starlight's burst and the prior mentioned laser

 think I can vote Luffy FRA, too

Okay, hear me out on this one. Use Live Action Luffy and restrict the Seven to only their 9-A members (So that they stand a chance and Homelander isn't there to commit friendly fire while trying to kill him). It's the only way I can see this match working. Otherwise, it's just Luffy and Homie oneshotting everyone.
Wholeheartedly agree with this idea. Luffy then would only be a little bit stronger than the margin for the 9-a in The Boys, so the match would be far closer.

This match also makes me wonder if the Sevens have ever worked together as a team before. Like the entire team working together to achieve a common goal and supporting one another without any ulterior motives?

My memory of The Boys is hazy at best, so could someone please provide an answer?

This match also makes me wonder if the Sevens have ever worked together as a team before. Like the entire team working together to achieve a common goal and supporting one another without any ulterior motives?

My memory of The Boys is hazy at best, so could someone please provide an answer?
They worked together against The Boys in the comics. However, there's only been one guy that ever beat Homelander in a 1v1, so they haven't really teamed up on a guy before.

Oh, wait, just remembered, they worked together to stop the plane from hitting the second tower and then Homelander got pissed and killed everyone.

Tbh that doesn't sound like good teamwork to me.
Yeah, they left that scene out of the TV series, probably because it was way to cluttered and was kind of just a "look guy, he's so bad and incompetent, look at him killing innocent people, and look at these guys getting hit by planes," scene.

Back