• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Gon Freecss

You know what? I think I’ll go inconclusive too. Both of them have valid wincons: Gon has the greater speed, can increase his stats with Ko and Ryu, and can use Scissors to bisect Luffy. On the other hand, Luffy has greater base AP, greater LS, can use BFR, and has greater stamina. It really could go both ways.

Yeah could someone voting for Luffy or Gon over wincons tell me why they actually voting Luffy or Gon?

No but they don't take it as if they're the flash and that every second is like 20 minutes to them
Like, they may really experience time normally but when they start to exchange blows they will do so faster than any normal human ever could, otherwise their combat speed isn't ******* hypersonic, damn

Like, they may really experience time normally but when they start to exchange blows they will do so faster than any normal human ever could, otherwise their combat speed isn't ******* hypersonic, damn
Yeah i assume you’d measure it as they keep up from their pov, but hey Manga logic trumps all, and all contradictions are just part of the fun.

Yeah could someone voting for Luffy or Gon over wincons tell me why they actually voting Luffy or Gon?
Luffy: Superior lifting strength and endurance. Physical attacks won't hurt him and the gap isn't nearly high enough to make him stretch to his limit. Slightly (very slightly) superior skill. Can adapt to Gon's techniques. Can outlast Gon's nen usage and body him when Nen runs out.

Gon: Starts off with superior speed with RPL stretching out the timeframe for Luffy to catch up. Paper and Scissors are capable of hurting Luffy and they're invisible, making it hard to dodge. Can counter Luffy's techniques by cutting.

Both have comparable skills.

Luffy likes to go hand-to-hand combat, and Gon will soon notice he can't damage Luffy. (Luffy will 100% tell Gon he is made of rubber after Gon asks him, which is the obvious interaction that would happen between two "genius but dumb" characters)

Gon: "Daaamn! My attacks are not working"
Luffy: "Ah? It's because I'm made of rubber"
Gon: ".... ????????????"
Or something along these lines.

He will opt for his wincon, the scissors, but Luffy has many ways to stop him from charging, so Gon will need to back away. Then it comes down to Luffy avoiding Scissors (while not being aware of it's existence), and outlasting. Or approaching and getting sliced.

He will opt for his wincon, the scissors, but Luffy has many ways to stop him from charging
Gon’s charging for Scissor has never been implied to be long, against the fodder multi arm Ant, he charged it as to not let the Ant know which move he’d use against him, thus leaving all his options open.

Gon’s charging for Scissor has never been implied to be long, against the fodder multi arm Ant, he charged it as to not let the Ant know which move he’d use against him, thus leaving all his options open.
They'd be in the midst of hand-to-hand combat when Gon decides to charge one, or relatively close. He would be obligated to back away to use it.
Paper takes the same amount of time, why would scissors be longer?

Luffy: Superior lifting strength and endurance. Physical attacks won't hurt him and the gap isn't nearly high enough to make him stretch to his limit. Slightly (very slightly) superior skill. Can adapt to Gon's techniques. Can outlast Gon's nen usage and body him when Nen runs out.

Gon: Starts off with superior speed with RPL stretching out the timeframe for Luffy to catch up. Paper and Scissors are capable of hurting Luffy and they're invisible, making it hard to dodge. Can counter Luffy's techniques by cutting.

You know Ace Attorney trial? Basically nothing but turnabout in everything
Now imagine this match as Ace Attorney trial....profit (lowkey wanted this to be added in objection.lol)
Anyway switching to incon as well

All-in-all, this was an entertaining match. I didn’t think it would get this heated, but the arguments made were very strong for both sides. The fact that it’s inconclusive just goes to show how good of a fight this would be, even better with the fact that speed didn’t have to be equalized and it played a factor in the fight.

I only wish my other threads could get this kind of attention and debate.

Last edited:
Now to even it out, we do Killua Vs Zoro
Even in that match, Killua could take it easily regardless of Nen Crush. His electricity could be conducted through Zoro’s swords, he’s got much greater fighting experience and moves Zoro would be unprepared for.

Even in that match, Killua could take it easily regardless of Nen Crush. His electricity could be conducted through Zoro’s swords, he’s got much greater fighting experience and moves Zoro would be unprepared for.
Greater fighting experience?
Comparable at best.

But yeah, it would just be Zoro vs Enel 2.0

Back