• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Gon Freecss

unknown.png

are you not snook
I'm a blind ass Snook today

It was even for the first 24 hours, people switched to Gon over people spamming "scissors"
Scissors and Paper are Gon's only wincons here, his arsenal is only helpful dealing with the force of nature called Monkey D. Luffy.

Most of Luffy's attacks wouldn't be able to damage Gon because of his focused stat amp that can go up to 420 tons. (Obviously, Luffy can hit where Gon isn't coating himself in Nen, but he'd have to luck out since he has no focken idea)

Luffy would have to outlast Gon's aura consumption for about 30 minutes or so, then he one shots aura-less Gon.

Gon can only use Aura for thirty minutes?????

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO

Luffy outlasts like a DEMON

I also vote incon now.

Comparable skills, Gon can no-sell Luffy's attack with amps, but Luffy outlasts his amp's duration, Gon has a sword and energy 5x stronger than Luffy, but hitting this is unknown (Gon would come up with a plan in the midst of battle to lure Luffy in), it's invisible, but Luffy has the range,

it's a back and forth of advantages and disadvantages, it's pretty damn 50/50 for me, inconclusive.

/
This cinematic ass timeframe.

A genuine weakness that was brought up as a skill argument earlier is that it takes a good amount of time to load
The whole point of that was them waiting for eachother to make a move, with Gon charging so the fodder wouldnt know what move he’d use. Gon had no knowledge on his opponent, or their capability and you expect him to just whip out scissor off the bat?

I also vote incon now.

Comparable skills, Gon can no-sell Luffy's attack with amps, but Luffy outlasts his amp's duration, Gon has a sword and energy 5x stronger than Luffy, but hitting this is unknown (Gon would come up with a plan in the midst of battle to lure Luffy in), it's invisible, but Luffy has the range,

it's a back and forth of advantages and disadvantages, it's pretty damn 50/50 for me, inconclusive.
Add on that Luffy's double handed moves are 4x stronger than Gon

Also is Gon immune to getting dizzy? Cause Luffy might spin him around

30 minutes is a long time tho especially when these people are moving at hypersonic speeds
No it isn't bro

Add on that Luffy's double handed moves are 4x stronger than Gon.
4x 10% Aura (to a limb) Gon, that is.
40% Aura Gon is about as equal.

Gon using Ren is 100%, but it's distributed to his body, so about as strong as ~20% Aura. (And it lasts even kess)
Also is Gon immune to getting dizzy? Cause Luffy might spin him around.
Not at all, but Gon doesn't need his physical senses to fight thanks to Nen's physical sensing.
Also Spatial Awareness if he uses his limited En, which I think it's still not added to the profile.
No it isn't bro

I wanna change my vote to neutral atm, as i could see Luffy winning this. Whats the vote so far

Both interpretations of the shows don't support that. Knuckle vs Gon lasted one or two chapters and it was 20 minutes.

Kaido vs Luffy, lmfao, it was 10 minutes just in round 1
If anything both arguments would support my stance? That in a short timeframe alot of fighting can happen. Also using manga as a basis when grasping the fighting in a timeframe makes 0 sense and we should use real life logic as itd be the most consistent.

30 minutes at supersonic speed would mean alot of fighting in that time space, so it kinda is
These dudes can fight for hours and it doesn't feel like days to them.
4x 10% Aura (to a limb) Gon, that is.
40% Aura Gon is about as equal.
Gotcha
Gon using Ren is 100%, but it's distributed to his body, so about as strong as ~20% Aura. (And it lasts even less)
Damn
Not at all, but Gon doesn't need his physical senses to fight thanks to Nen's physical sensing.
Dizziness doesn't really shut off senses, it just messes up whatever senses you have.
Makes you unbalanced, nausea, vertigo, things like that
Also Spatial Awareness if he uses his limited En, which I think it's still not added to the profile.
Same issue with above, but it'll help bring him back to earth

If anything both arguments would support my stance? That in a short timeframe alot of fighting can happen. Also using manga as a basis when grasping the fighting in a timeframe makes 0 sense and we should use real life logic as itd be the most consistent.
We can't use real life to counter manga when we're working with manga events

These dudes can fight for hours and it doesn't feel like days to them.
Yeah because manga logic is manga logic. If we view questions through this lense thigns get inconsistent, heavily. Which is why u view it from an impartial lense. Because different series can show fighting and its relation to time in drastically different ways

We can't use real life to counter manga when we're working with manga events
So we just ignore all the glaring inconsistensies using such a lense would bring? Using common logic faster = more fighting in a certain time space then being less faster. To ignore that in favour of manga logic, would bring glaring holes.

So we just ignore all the glaring inconsistensies using such a lense would bring? Using common logic faster = more fighting in a certain time space then being less faster. To ignore that in favour of manga logic, would bring glaring holes.
The values we pull from the manga are headcanon ratings created by calcs which are also headcanon.

In the sense of the fight, 30 minutes isn't a very long time.

Gon: 5 (Kenboxx, Theultimate, Nierre, Cisco, Speedster)

Luffy: 5 (Dareaperman, Popted, Velox, Snook, Lugh)

Incon: 5 (Chanli, KingTempest, GodlyCharmander, Jibz, XDragnoir)

Grace has been avoided.

Also Nice 5-5-5 we have going on here.
we need 3 people to give 1 vote for Gon, Luffy, and Incon each!

The values we pull from the manga are headcanon ratings created by calcs which are also headcanon.

Like, you're saying they will exchange blows at the speed normal humans do then? Like, wtf?

I feel like you answered my question, by not answering it. This isnt “irl” logic, its genuine common sense, and using manga logic over it could lead to inconsistensy. So why use manga logic over common sense?

Back