• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Gon Freecss

Last edited:
Luffy’s AP: 84.623 tons

Luffy’s Speed: Mach 24.9

Gon’s AP: Higher than 41.85 tons, 400 tons with Jajanken

Gon’s Speed: Mach 42

Last edited:
killua probably skill stomps here
Yea, Killua definitely has the skill advantage here. Most of his techniques won’t work on Luffy, though, since his rubber body is unaffected by electricity and he can resist blunt force trauma, so it removes a lot of Killua’s options. Luffy also has the superior AP, and even if Killua used Ryu or Ko, which I don’t recall him ever doing besides in the dodgeball match though I could easily be wrong, I still believe Luffy’s body would absorb most of the impact.

Though there’s a speed gap, it isn’t very substantial, less than x2, and Luffy’s capable of both adapting and fighting against faster opponents, shown in his fight with Kuro. I think this match is closer and more unique than one may think.

.... Huh? Well, yeah, East Blue Luffy gets absolutely outskilled by Killua when this kid can do this.

But WHAT?!

Killua Nen Crushes and wins instantly. Stomp match.

Man that dub is awful anyway if killua does nen crush in character then it would be a stomp
Girly Killua.

Either way, Killua gets mildly pissed and uses offensive Ren in the very arc being used here, so yeah.

Stomp, unfortunately. OP should use Gon or Kurapika.

Yep, nen crush GG, you probably just shouldn't use Luffy though, cause the argument goes that good luck harming him Via anything that isnt super piercing even though he's literally been harmed by getting punched before.

I don’t believe Killua has ever used Ren to scare his opponents. I know he used his general killing aura in previous arcs, but that doesn’t directly translate into fear manipulation. Regardless, I can just restrict Nen Crush then. Honestly, I ******* hate it since it makes matches with HxH characters impossible.

I don’t believe Killua has ever used Ren to scare his opponents. I know he used his general killing aura in previous arcs, but that doesn’t directly translate into fear manipulation.
"general killing aura", that's Ren. Plain and simple.

He also uses it against Rammot in the next arc, it's completely in-character.
Regardless, I can just restrict Nen Crush then. Honestly, I ******* hate it since it makes matches with HxH characters impossible.
You cannot do that for matches meant to be added to the profiles.

"general killing aura", that's Ren. Plain and simple.

He also uses it against Rammot in the next arc, it's completely in-character.

You cannot do that for matches meant to be added to the profiles.
Fine, then I’ll make Killua out of character. That should be enough.

Which is unsatisfactory when Luffy has been harmed by people who weren't 6-B and have Haki punching him in a genuine manner.

You can't make him Out Of Character either.
Why not? Matches have been done before with OOC and been added to profiles.

I see.
Luffy: 84.62 Tons
Gon: 41.85 Tons, 418.5 Tons with Ryu and Ko, 1.39 Kilotons with Jajanken.

So a 2x AP advantage normally, but Gon can easily compensate by applying a small amount of aura around specific parts of his body.

Luffy: Mach 24.9
Gon: Mach 47

Gon has a 1.88x speed advantage, so he should have little trouble switching his aura around to block Luffy's attacks.

Also, don't worry about Jajanken, Gon would never hit Luffy with it due to it's glaring weakness.

I see.
Luffy: 84.62 Tons
Gon: 41.85 Tons, 418.5 Tons with Ryu and Ko, 1.39 Kilotons with Jajanken.

So a 2x AP advantage normally, but Gon can easily compensate by applying a small amount of aura around specific parts of his body.
Honestly, Ryu and Ko is kinda OP like Nen Crush is since it gives such a high boost in power. The only reason it wouldn’t be as bad here is because of Luffy’s rubber body, which could lessen the impact.

Honestly, Ryu and Ko is kinda OP like Nen Crush is since it gives such a high boost in power. The only reason it wouldn’t be as bad here is because of Luffy’s rubber body, which could lessen the impact.
Hmmmm....
Hear me out.

Gon realizes he can't really do damage to Luffy with his punches....

He has the capability of creating a sword made out of an energy invisible for any non-Nen user......

Uhhh, you see the problem here?

Hmmmm....
Hear me out.

Gon realizes he can't really do damage to Luffy with his punches....

He has the capability of creating a sword made out of an energy invisible for any non-Nen user......

Uhhh, you see the problem here?
Yes, that is definitely a wincon for Gon. I don’t believe it would have the same level of AP as his Jajanken: Rock, since his Paper technique was only 1/4 as strong as his Rock despite consuming the same amount of aura due to being an Emission technique, so I assume the same would apply here. Though with the cutting power, I imagine this is irrelevant.

Would Luffy let himself be hit by the attack, like seeing Gon extend his fingers despite nothing happening, or would his instincts kick in and tell him he should dodge?

Yes, that is definitely a wincon for Gon. I don’t believe it would have the same level of AP as his Jajanken: Rock, since his Paper technique was only 1/4 as strong as his Rock despite consuming the same amount of aura due to being an Emission technique, so I assume the same would apply here. Though with the cutting power, I imagine this is irrelevant.

Would Luffy let himself be hit by the attack, like seeing Gon extend his fingers despite nothing happening, or would his instincts kick in and tell him he should dodge?
Scissors is transmutation, so it has 80% efficiency when compared to enhancement, much like emission, so it's likely 1/4 as well.

1.39 Kilotons/4 is 347 Tons. It's going to mess up Luffy pretty bad.
Gon can also use paper since explosions still work, and Luffy can't even do a thing since he can't see it.

Luffy is unaware of the range, so his dodge would be greatly hindered by Gon's superior speed, and experience in battle.

I believe Gon is extremely skilled, and a gifted strategist, has the means to defend himself from, and attack Luffy, on top of being considerably faster. And we didn't even touch on Gon's Reactive Power Level, which will mean Gon eventually won't need to rely on Ryu. I believe Gon wins more likely than not.

Scissors is transmutation, so it has 80% efficiency when compared to enhancement, much like emission, so it's likely 1/4 as well.

Gon can also use paper since explosions still work, and Luffy can't even do a thing since he can't see it.

Luffy is unaware of the range, so his dodge would be greatly hindered by Gon's superior speed, and experience in battle.

I believe Gon is extremely skilled, and a gifted strategist, has the means to defend himself from, and attack Luffy, on top of being considerably faster. And we didn't even touch on Gon's Reactive Power Level, which will mean Gon eventually won't need to rely on Ryu. I believe Gon wins more likely than not.
Yep, that’s pretty sound logic. Though I feel like both Luffy and Gon have approximately the same reactive power level, since both have been capable of eventually adapting to and beating opponents that were stronger than them in the start of their fight.

Yep, that’s pretty sound logic. Though I feel like both Luffy and Gon have approximately the same reactive power level, since both have been capable of eventually adapting to and beating opponents that were stronger than them in the start of their fight.
Fair enough, but Gon's Statistic Amplification with Nen will give him a very clear advantage in this "RPL" competition.

Btw, I vote Gon, if that wasn't clear

Back