• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Luffy’s AP: At least 93.28 tons

Luffy’s Speed: Mach 24.9

Guts’ AP: Higher than 119.7 tons

Guts’ Speed: Higher than Mach 6.4 with Mach 33 Combat Speed and Reactions

Last edited:
watching this. what does guts go for as well as luffy?
Well Guts has his Dragonslayer, his massive sword that can easily slice through Apostles, which could cut through Luffy’s rubber body with little trouble. He has his arm cannon, which can fire small arrows but also fire massive explosions that can also seriously damage Apostles. He can use his mini bombs, which can easily be thrown discreetly and without notice, as well as his throwing knives.

You should already be aware of Luffy’s fighting style and feats, given you saw the match between Luffy and Gon. He’s an expert combatant who uses his rubber powers to increase the strength of his attacks.

In terms of combat experience, I’d say Guts has the advantage over Luffy. He’s been fighting since he was six years old, and has had to face some of the strongest warriors during the Hundred Year War. He’s had to fight countless Apostles with their own unique powers, and has even managed to fight Zodd, a legendary warrior, in both his human and Apostle form. He can quickly come up with strategies on the spot, react to the tricks and tactics of other expert fighters like Serpico, and use all the tools he has to exploit their weaknesses effectively. I believe this trumps Luffy’s battle experience, especially at this point in the story.

I also believe Guts has the superior stamina, since he has fought many Apostles who were stronger than him such as Wyald and Zodd and still managed to hurt them and even defeat them in Wyald’s case. He can continue fighting with broken ribs and damaged organs with little trouble, and has even managed to continue fighting after heavily exhausting fights with Apostles. Hell, he’s even LET himself be seriously injured in order to get an opening, which he could very well do here.

Guts has the AP advantage, and while he’s slower in regular speed, his combat speed is higher than Luffy’s, which would allow him to easily react to Luffy’s attacks.

Luffy has the LS advantage and regular speed advantage, and with his reactive power level, he could potentially even out the playing field. But even if he did manage to last that long, Guts would still be able to perform very well and likely outlast him in stamina, not to mention he’s used to fighting stronger and faster opponents on a regular basis.

But so has luffy fought somewhat. he probably try to pistol or bazooka him if he gets up close and using his big ass sword. luffy would get his arms have cuts or worse cut off thanks to his combat speed but if he even tries to get closer he would try grabbing him. i dont think he would thanks to speed but he could somehow via unlikely adapting roughly. if he goes from range luffy will try to get close but might get shafted or be the same way as don. either way. idk. tbh am not very got at this stuff sometimes.

I will give input on this later, though I do have a few problems with Berserker Armor being completely restricted as Guts has 0 control over its activation.

What is the point of this? Guts will cut Luffy open like a watermelon. This isn't quite fair. Unless Luffy can break the Dragonslayer like he did with Arlong's sword, I don't think he'd win. Maybe use a later version of Luffy and a later version of Guts?

What is the point of this? Guts will cut Luffy open like a watermelon. This isn't quite fair. Unless Luffy can break the Dragonslayer like he did with Arlong's sword, I don't think he'd win. Maybe use a later version of Luffy and a later version of Guts?
There is no later version of Guts.

In terms of combat experience, I’d say Guts has the advantage over Luffy. He’s been fighting since he was six years old, and has had to face some of the strongest warriors during the Hundred Year War.
Well.. the thing is, Luffy has been confirmed to have been fighting with Sabo and Ace since they were children, and has been left in forests and stuff by Garp, which was cruel but in Garp's mindset he wanted him to be a marine warrior like him, and it was more of a loving thing than straight up abuse.

Well, Luffy can still play the long ranged game, which Guts can't really counter very well. Luffy has superior LS, he can increase the strength of his attacks through stretching or twisting his rubber limbs, and his reactive power level could also potentially come into play and allow Luffy to gain an edge over Guts. Luffy's fought sword users as well, so it's not as though this is totally out of his field of expertise.

Last edited:
Guts can perfectly counter the long-ranged game by just... blocking his attacks with Dragon Slayer, a weapon that Luffy won't ever come close to breaking. To use his LS he needs to grapple Guts, and trying to grapple Guts is prompt for Luffy to get his arms cut off. The RPL point is a good point but I don't see how it'll let him close the AP gap as he can't just jump to 8-A, and considering Guts scales way above his value, I don't think the RPL will help before Luffy gets crushed by Dragon Slayer.

Guts can perfectly counter the long-ranged game by just... blocking his attacks with Dragon Slayer, a weapon that Luffy won't ever come close to breaking. To use his LS he needs to grapple Guts, and trying to grapple Guts is prompt for Luffy to get his arms cut off. The RPL point is a good point but I don't see how it'll let him close the AP gap as he can't just jump to 8-A, and considering Guts scales way above his value, I don't think the RPL will help before Luffy gets crushed by Dragon Slayer.
Luffy is literally borderline 8-A, the difference in AP and speed between Guts and Luffy is practically negligible and one Luffy could equal or surpass with his Reactive Power Level. Luffy's fought opponents with equipment more durable than he can damage (Don Krieg) and opponents who are faster than him (Captain Kuro), and he can just find a way to disarm Guts too.

Luffy is literally borderline 8-A, the difference in AP and speed between Guts and Luffy is practically negligible and one Luffy could equal or surpass with his Reactive Power Level. Luffy's fought opponents with equipment more durable than he can damage (Don Krieg) and opponents who are faster than him (Captain Kuro), and he can just find a way to disarm Guts too.
Both Guts and the Dragon Slayer scale far above their durability and AP value, even more so for Dragon Slayer as the thing has never actually been broken barring minor chips. Guts has also dealt with opponents faster and stronger than him before.

Guts can also play the ranged game with arrows and bombs that can one-shot people Apostles that were previously rocking his shit, and he can pretty much shower Luffy with projectiles if he so desires. Hell, if Luffy gets close, he can just fire off a bomb and instantly pulp Luffy, that's actually what he did when he first used the damn thing.

Both Guts and the Dragon Slayer scale far above their durability and AP value, even more so for Dragon Slayer as the thing has never actually been broken barring minor chips. Guts has also dealt with opponents faster and stronger than him before.

Guts can also play the ranged game with arrows and bombs that can one-shot people Apostles that were previously rocking his shit, and he can pretty much shower Luffy with projectiles if he so desires. Hell, if Luffy gets close, he can just fire off a bomb and instantly pulp Luffy, that's actually what he did when he first used the damn thing.
Luffy's dealt with plenty of explosions before. I still think that this isn't a stomp, since Luffy has plenty of techniques at his disposal and a fighting style that Guts has never encountered before, combined with his Damage Boost and RPL.

Has he dealt with explosions that can blow opponents that scale higher than him in AP to bloody chunks with a single shot?

I don't particularly think it's a stomp anymore, but I think that it's pretty clear-cut in Guts' favor. He has rather solid counters to nearly everything Luffy has barring RPL, and I doubt it'll kick in before Guts just pulps him with a cannon blast or bisects him with Dragon Slayer.

Has he dealt with explosions that can blow opponents that scale higher than him in AP to bloody chunks with a single shot?

I don't particularly think it's a stomp anymore, but I think that it's pretty clear-cut in Guts' favor. He has rather solid counters to nearly everything Luffy has barring RPL, and I doubt it'll kick in before Guts just pulps him with a cannon blast or bisects him with Dragon Slayer.
Oh, I'm not saying that Luffy would win. Personally, I think that Guts wins, and I already made the argument above regarding what advantages Guts has over Luffy. I just wanted to establish that Luffy has at least some chance and that it would be a fairly entertaining fight.

Last edited:
Back