• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The PoC Chronicles: Tier 1 The Reckoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having gone through a quick read on this thread, I will just say this: Don't make decisions or revisions based on what you think the standards should or will be in the future, rather than what the standards presently are. As it stands, we allow a higher-dimensional space whose hypervolume is infinite to qualify for higher tiers.

Yes, I have initiated discussion regarding our standards about higher dimensions on another thread, but this is a topic that is of a much broader span than Devil May Cry alone, and that hasn't even fully developed, as of yet. So this single verse shouldn't preemptively adapt itself to some nebulous idea of a revision that still hasn't even happened. It should be revised based on precedent, instead, and if DMC happens to qualify for the above factors, then, so be it, and change it accordingly whenever a rewriting of the standards is formally accepted.

I don't know Devil May Cry, and I don't care much for debating in-verse specifics, so, I believe that will be all from me.

I guess the thing we just made up lmao :v found about demons being infinite and lesser demons only seemingly being infinite yet talking about the human world as insignificant isn't needed anymore?

@RedReaper i also blame your ass for my presence here

Assuming DMC becomes 1C, i doubt it'd go back to 2C after the changes in standards. It should still be L1C at least

Having gone through a quick read on this thread, I will just say this: Don't make decisions or revisions based on what you think the standards should or will be in the future, rather than what the standards presently are. As it stands, we allow a higher-dimensional space whose hypervolume is infinite to qualify for higher tiers.

Yes, I have initiated discussion regarding our standards about higher dimensions on another thread, but this is a topic that is of a much broader span than Devil May Cry alone, and that hasn't even fully developed, as of yet. So this single verse shouldn't preemptively adapt itself to some nebulous idea of a revision that still hasn't even happened. It should be revised based on precedent, instead, and if DMC happens to qualify for the above factors, then, so be it, and change it accordingly whenever a rewriting of the standards is formally accepted.

I don't know Devil May Cry, and I don't care much for debating in-verse specifics, so, I believe that will be all from me.

I'm not going to lie. Considering this entire thread was hinging on this one poster, this was anti-climatic and almost completely useless.

Let's just go with Low 1-C likely 1-C as a compromise.

None of it even adds to AP and won't show up on the actual profile. This entire endeavour was to make the hax 9D.

It sounded like the question of the standards only made the difference between Low 1-C and proper 1-C. If the demon world is at least a five-dimensional structure which holds four-dimensional structures as tiny subsets, and Nightmare can lift and destroy it, then that should apply to AP, shouldn't it?

None of it even adds to AP and won't show up on the actual profile. This entire endeavour was to make the hax 9D.
I think you are misunderstanding/mixing threads. Mine was to get only hax with a realm that was separated from the main cosmology, this thing basically made the Demon world (the world that every single God tier can **** up no problem) tier 1.

If only people had agreed with me there...

I think you are misunderstanding/mixing threads. Mine was to get only hax with a realm that was separated from the main cosmology, this thing basically made the Demon world (the world that every single God tier can **** up no problem) tier 1.

Unfortunately, Tony is right for once. Only the 9-D stuff was for hax assuming it was on a higher realm than DW and HW, but now we're discussing a completely different topic based on statements that already existed for the DW's size prior to PoC, like it being infinitely larger than the HW and it viewing the HW as an insignificant portion of its former self, and the like.

But even those standards are currently undergoing revisions so who the hell knows what's gonna happen next?

Unfortunately, Tony is right for once. Only the 9-D stuff was for hax assuming it was on a higher realm than DW and HW, but now we're discussing a completely different topic based on statements that already existed for the DW's size prior to PoC, like it being infinitely larger than the HW and it viewing the HW as an insignificant portion of its former self, and the like.

But even those standards are currently undergoing revisions so who the hell knows what's gonna happen next?
This thread runs with the idea of the Demon world containing chaos as per the Manga and its infinite size. Kinda like mine but the world that was supposed to be disconnected is now only part of the Demon world

The thing that might change this is future DMC titles featuring beings from a higher dimension. But for now that higher dimension existing is uncertain, we know a 9D dimension of chaos exists and we know the demon world is higher dimensional. We don't know if there is anything above the demon world, so with what we currently have it seems to point to the demon world. At least for now.

The thing that might change this is future DMC titles featuring beings from a higher dimension. But for now that higher dimension existing is uncertain, we know a 9D dimension of chaos exists and we know the demon world is higher dimensional. We don't know if there is anything above the demon world, so with what we currently have it seems to point to the demon world. At least for now.
I meant the threads I made with Gilver.

My idea (and the one I still believe) is that chaos is the higher dimension that farts souls into existence and its beyond the Demon world while the Demon world by itself is beyond the human world.

Something like chaos was 1C, Demon world L1C and human world being L2C with DMC capping at L1C at best.

Based on everything ive read i think we should take ultmas advice and apply the current standards IE just 1C since the demon world is infinite. Also i should note that this upgrade does affect AP as nightmare is able to destro the entire demon world

You seem to have traveled back in time to wrong month and wrong thread. Come back to us Mr Ovens... come back to present.

We ALREADY have..... 9D hax...😏... since 4-5 months. Even though it was just smurf range...not potency.

Now its gonna be 1C AP and 1C hax potency....for limited time....

Let's just go with Low 1-C likely 1-C as a compromise.
I don't understand under what disadvantage DMC must hinge on low1C after Ultima's comment.
Its 1C in full... even if only untill standards remain in current state. OP proposed 1C DW only...nothing low1C, that is what Ultima addressed primarily.

I do not support a compromise, AT ALL.

Well then I guess then it's done? If Ultima says it's ok then where are we left at? 1-C AP for all the characters?

Here's a proper list.

All Devil King equivalents...
Pluto, Mundus, Argosax, Urizen, Abigail, Sparda.

All half breeds..
DMC1 Dante onwards, Vergil(Nelo Angelo) onwards, Nero( EoG DMC5, Awakened Key), Chen.

All weapons of mass destruction:-
Nightmare.

A lone sword:-
Devil Sword Sparda.

An Energy Structure...
Nexus.

Everything else will remain as is.

Of everyone having anything to do with Nexus will have 1C smurf resistance etc. But that's not AP.

Well then I guess then it's done? If Ultima says it's ok then where are we left at? 1-C AP for all the characters?
If everybody agrees on this then yeah. And no only people that scale to nightmare get their Ap upgraded read the op the relevant changes are in there. Also come on man. I feel like you're being unfairly biased towards this thread just because it leads towards tier 1. We should try to not do that. Accuracy is more important than anything cus this is an indexing wiki

I feel like you're being unfairly biased towards this thread just because it leads towards tier 1. We should try to not do that. Accuracy is more important than anything cus this is an indexing wiki
There's no need to throw accusations man. The higher the tier the more the evidence is held under scrutiny. It's a site standard to make sure we don't get exaggerated profile ratings. You should be glad you're getting so many responses to be honest, since most people don't even bother with threads that deal with higher dimensions.

Tier 1 Devil May Cry

What exactly happened while I wasn't looking..?

Jokes aside, I simply do not have the time to look through everything here at the moment, as I'm currently in exam period at university. However, I should be finished with pretty much everything on my end by around Wednesday. To avoid the temptation of slacking off on stuff where I can likely give meaningful input, I'll state here that I promise to start looking through this stuff by Wednesday/Thursday at the latest.

I retract this statement, by the way. I have a question I want to make now.

So, I was reading through this thread out of boredom, and stumbled upon this linked statement:

Prisoner of China said:
Chaos Boundary Stone
The legendary material needed to forge Dante's weapons
Until the first light split the world in half, such stones were nowhere to be found. They are full of the power of the original chaos, but now they are becoming increasingly rare.

So, it appears the implication here is that the original chaos that preceded reality was split in half, and these halves became the two realms of the Devil May Cry setting: The Human World and the Demon World. This has some awkward implications, if placed alongside the interpretation of the cosmology that's been expounded here.

By definition, something being split in half means that it was divided into two parts of equal size. And yet, the whole idea behind these revisions is that the Demon World is an infinite realm of darkness, inside of which the Human World was born as a tiny ray of light. These two ideas are obviously mutually exclusive, and I shouldn't heve to explain why.

Furthermore, if the Demon World itself is a 9-dimensional void that preceded reality, then the Human World being the result of it being split in half makes even less sense. If you take an object of n dimensions, and then remove from it a n - 1-dimensional cross-section, then you didn't divide it in half: You didn't do anything to it, actually, the object will remain the exact same as before.

So, I would appreciate clarification on that matter.

So, it appears the implication here is that the original chaos that preceded reality was split in half, and these halves became the two realms of the Devil May Cry setting: The Human World and the Demon World. This has some awkward implications, if placed alongside the interpretation of the cosmology that's been expounded here.

By definition, something being split in half means that it was divided into two parts of equal size. And yet, the whole idea behind these revisions is that the Demon World is an infinite realm of darkness, inside of which the Human World was born as a tiny ray of light. These two ideas are obviously mutually exclusive, and I shouldn't heve to explain why.

Furthermore, if the Demon World itself is a 9-dimensional void that preceded reality, then the Human World being the result of it being split in half makes even less sense. If you take an object of n dimensions, and then remove from it a n - 1-dimensional cross-section, then you didn't divide it in half: You didn't do anything to it, actually, the object will remain the exact same as before.

So, I would appreciate clarification on that matter
Its just a figure of speech. The manga makes the difference between the two very clear "endless darkness a crucible of chaos but even in such a world there came a ray of light" not every word is to be taken literally a slight implication in an item description cannot override what was clearly stated in the manga

Hmmm. Here's the thing tho.
Light is Human World. Its not half of Darkness.
Remembering this fact,
It would imply Human World split the Drakness in half, and one half of Darkness becomes Human World and other half is Demon World.
So we have two Human Worlds, one made of small ray of light, other made of half darkness.

That doesn't sound right does it?
Well cuz it isn't.

Human World is explicitly the ray of light, not the half of Darkness. How and why the Demon World was split before going back to normal is unknown.
But this isn't the only instance for Demon World being divided in half. When Mundus and Despair Embodied (2 equally powerful demon kings) faught each other in old times..they ended up dividing the Demon World in half as well. Before it somehow once again went back to being one realm.

So in conclusion, no Human World isn't half of anything, not does it compare to Demon World in size and scope.

It looks like everyone's waiting for the standards to be refined before finishing this thread. Alternatively if it needs to be finished, has it definitely satisfied the requirements for 1-C, or failing that, Low 1-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back