• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The One who Lived vs The Man who Refuses to Die

IMG 2754
Harry Potter vs James Bond

Story: James has just taken SPECTRE apart. He was ready to call it a day, maybe settle down, maybe have a normal life. Before that however, he receives a call from M

M: "Bond, enjoying retirement ?"

James: "Yes, I've always wondered what's it's like to have to make a martini for yourself"

M: "Looks like you're ready to go. However, holiday plans will have to be postponed. We've received word of unnatural occurrences happening in Scotland near Skyfall. We can detect where it's from but several locals swear to have seen fireworks and people being blasted around like ragdolls."

James: "Sure it's not just some hooligans being excited over seeing Scotland beat England in a football match?"

M: "I'm afraid not"

James: "Ok, one final job"

Meanwhile at Hogwarts, Harry had just beaten Voldemort. He had thrown the elder wand over the bridge of Hogwarts, Ron and Hermione went off somewhere and all was good in the world at last. Suddenly, Harry sees Bond outside the Hogwarts boundaries investigating the scene and while Harry knew the man couldn't see Hogwarts, he was curious. Intrigued by the man, Harry stepped outside the Hogwarts barrier slightly startling Bond.

Harry: "May I help you?"

James: "Yes, I've been hearing of disturbances from this area. Couldn't help me find out what they are could you?"

Harry: "Its ok, it's all been fixed now. You can go home now and forget all about this"

James: "Afraid not kid"

Before James could do anything, Harry pulls out a wand. James slightly amused, pulls out his gun. Both get ready to fight

Ok so lame story but there ya go.

Speed is =

Both at 9-B. James doesn't have the LN, Harry has spells up to 9-B

The Boy: 0

The Man: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Lol

So anyways, going off the profiles, Harry has disarming, Paralysis Inducement, stuns and Pain Manipulation to James... guns.

I'll side with Harry for now

So, James can counter Harry's invisibility and he has a AP edge iirc

I know James is listed with higher intelligence, but idk about skill (I haven't watched Harry Potter in so long lol)

Harry has stamina

Harry seems to have way better abilities so that's a problem

I'm not voting yet

Actually, Harry's profile is so poor, because the spells listed in his abilities should be giving him an absolute wall of hax, yet only some of them are listed for him in his powers and abilities section.

I wanna point out some of the haxs Harry is missing:

Water Manipulation

Expolsion Manipulation

Fire Manipulation

Pain Manipulation

Curse Manipulation

Animal Manipulation

Inflation

Mind Manipulation

Powernull

Light Manipulation

Resitence to curses

Forcefield creation

Size Manipulation

Ressuraction

Levation

According to their characters, bond probably wouldn't just shoot. So harry has the initiative, just disarms and uh... hazawazasahamazam's or sonething idk

Tbf Harry doesn't normally do those pain spells or anything like that. He has expelliarmus and just disarms. I...don't know what he'd do after he disarms bond tho. I think most of his fights he just disarms

Ah yeah I forgot about Stupefy.

Expelliarmus to Stupefy works real well yeah. The AP advantage can be worked around too

Will point out knocking one gun out of Bond's hands isn't the end of it all. Bond has multiple guns on his person and stupify, unlike expelliarmus can be dodged. Bond isn't dumb either, once this happens he can just go invisible.

Plus shooting a gun > faster than saying a spell

Ok, I'm the OP so I'll name some advantages for each character. Just to get this thread going

Harry:

- Bond doesn't know what spells Harry can do. An early knockout might be the trick

- Sectum Sempra potentially is too much for James to handle. He has the speed to dodge it but he doesn't see it coming.

- Accio throws James off his guard

- Doesn't have to worry about running out of ammunition

- Has combat applicable flight

- Obliviate in caps Bond no problem

James:

- Gun doesn't require verbal actions. Harry doesn't need to speak but often does anyway

- Invisibilty counters Harry's. However, thermovision gives James an advantage here and negates Harry's cloak

- Gadgets throw Harry off who simply wouldn't see it coming

- Bond is more accurate via having more and better feats of hitting moving targets. Slight advantage though

- Harry has little to no experience against bullets and grenades

- James has AP advantage. If he gets in close he beats Harry down

- James is more slightly more experienced

Both are roughly even in skill

Back