• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Age of Discussion

KeMpAHX.png

I'm mostly confident this won't happen, but the fact that there's a chance this could happen drains me. Imagine the cursed timeline where we make characters like Ganondorf "Building level+ physically, Island level+ Environmental Destruction via Magic".

I never perused what the universal energy system topic even means.

Could you give a run down what it is and how it impacts scaling?

So Universal Energy System is kinda self explanatory, it's about the energy systems a verse may use (Ki, Magic, etc) and how it affects the characters tier. We've always had this but never really had any guidelines or standards so now we're in the process of doing that.

For how it impacts scaling, depending on how strict the requirements are we might not be able to scale Ganondorfs normal magical attacks to his Island level storm, or Hylias attacks to her cloud barrier or what have you, which would leave us with some seriously low feats to use for the characters which are all in the tier 8 range. Maybe low end tier 7 if you push it. Although I think Zelda will be mostly fine from this, I highly doubt we'll actually have to downgrade anyone.

Ahh damn.

So for example if magic is a key source of energy in a verse, there may be guidelines that need to be met to prove that the magic scales to their physical attacks?

But in the island level storm vs normal magic attacks, I don't see what the issue would be, both are done via magic?

But in the island level storm vs normal magic attacks, I don't see what the issue would be, both are done via magic?
Depends on how much energy is put into the magic attacks and storms or something. Ganondorfs storm will likely be fine since it was done casually so there's grounds for more destructive based magic to scale to or above it.

Anyway, sad state the Zelda-verse is in.

This franchise is older than final fantasy but well over 30 years later we're still talking about storm level feats and stuff for the main cast. When is Nintendo gonna stop f'ing around and give us Tier 4 to Tier 2 shenanigans? :cry:

Actually, I think Tier 7, possibly High 6-A for the top tiers would still be a thing, there's feats on those levels that scale directly to physicals.

Fyi, we should probably actually put Vaati's ******* island level feat in his AP justification.
Scaling is good, but the fact he himself straight up has a 6-C feat himself, and a supporting tier 7 feat, kinda important.

Plus it also helps out other types of scaling as well, given Link tanks and you get the point.

Fyi, we should probably actually put Vaati's ******* island level feat in his AP justification.
Scaling is good, but the fact he himself straight up has a 6-C feat himself, and a supporting tier 7 feat, kinda important.

Plus it also helps out other types of scaling as well, given Link tanks and you get the point.
6-C feat is him covering Hyrule in dark clouds right? Is the Hyrule in FSA continent sized as well because if so we can just copy paste Ganons calc or just link to his calc for Vaati.

Ok, does anyone know of any videos from games like Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker where Link moves or dodges beamos beams? We need more feats like that for scaling since we're scaling low tiers like King Dodongo to a feat Post-Master Sword TP Link performs because we for some reason not only treat his feat of swinging his sword at speeds comparable to a beamos as his own, but as child Links feat as well.

Well, I'm a bit busy atm with other stuff but I can try and look for footage and drop it here and whoever wants to calc it can calc it, if not I'll do it whenever I have free time.

Majora's Mask, but I'd assume it shouldn't be any different due to the same game engine and all that shit. Link raises his arm to toss a deku nut as Beamos' beam travels through the air. Watch at 0.25x to get a good idea.

Just finished the DLC, it was pretty good.

Not much in terms of feats, although Ganons malice seems to also have instant death hax now, there's a scene where his possesed version of Terrako yeets some malice directly into Astors subordinates and they just instantly drop dead

Dang. I'm too busy to play it rn.
It's pretty good, the new playable characters from what I've played of them so far are really fun.

Maybe Kamiya will one day join Nintendo and take over the series and give us some good feats to play with.
Maybe he'll instead make the feats even worse. He'll give Ganon the Omega Triforce which is 1,000 times stronger than the normal Triforce and with his full power he'll perform a town level feat.

Also a minor CRT for Calamity Ganon if anyone is interested.

Damn it's really been over half a year since anyone commented on this thread. Anyway just wanna say that Rauru is cracked according to the Hyrule Historia, he apparently has power greater than the Master Sword.

KsBvZR0.jpg

Ok so I think we need to take a way closer look at Skyward Sword, been working on a revamp for Demise and we've gotten several things wrong about the game. Nothing in the game or any guides state you need a power comparable to Hylia to activate the gate of time, we also made the mistake of treating the true master sword as what acitvated the gate when it was the incomplete master sword. Speaking of which, the incomplete master sword being 7-C via scaling to levias is wrong since the levias boss fight happens after link gets the true master sword, also the imprisoned being 7-C is also bad since when you fight it the third time you have the true master sword and fi states that beating it with just the master sword will be impossible because it's too powerful, which also means demise, hylia, and endgame link scale way above the base power of the true master sword. But most wild is this statement I found while looking through this text dump of Skyward Sword on Zelda Dungeon:

"I have no record of this place. Analysis suggests this is a space created by the powerful magic of Demise. That may be the reason you can't use your Skyward Strike here"

So uh, turns out Demise's pocket dimension feat might be legit afterall. Only issue is trying to find footage of Fi saying this, I know it's said during the final boss fight but obviously nobody in any video I've watched talks to her, so I have no idea if she actually says this or if's just unused dialogue left in the games code or whatever.

Oh I know about that quote, but all she says there is the place being under his magical influence, I've been trying to find where she directly says the whole realm is a space created by his magic, fi has a thing where she says different things about the current situation depending on whether or not you're targeting nearby enemies. It seems like she might only say the dimension was made by him if you're not locked directly onto Demise himself so I'm trying to find footage of that.

God at this rate I'm gonna have to play through the game and speak to Fi myself because nobody wants to speak to her besides a small handful who briefly let her speak while locked onto Demise in his first phase

Huh, didn't know we had one for her. Noticed it's a HW profile so I'm not overly familiar with the game beyond basic knowledge of the main story so no idea how legit a lot of her stuff is. Do take issue with the lack of scans for a lot of her abilities tho.

Wondering if maybe Demise could get conceptual manipulation. Might not be good concept hax, if he's used in a vs match it probably won't be the reason he'll ever win, but a lot of the stuff I'm gleaming from the guides make it seem the very concept of evil didn't exist in the world until Demise showed up

Back