• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Handful of Calamity Ganon Additions

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So new Age of Calamity DLC came out and it was pretty good. Light on feats but it gave another ability to add onto the swiss army knife that is Calamity Ganon's Malice. Spoilers for the DLC, obviously.

Death Manipulation: Ganon while inhabiting this little robot guy shoves his malice directly into some cultists, and instead of possessing them the malice just makes them drop dead. While it might seem kinda redundant to list this given Death Manipulation is one of Ganon's base abilities, I think it's worth adding since this instance is spefically an affect of his new malice energy instead of his normal magic and it kills significantly quicker than his base forms death curse does.

Also, I saw that we have a new Hive Mind ability and I'm pretty sure Calamity Ganon qualifies for this (Specifically Type 1).

Despite having their own bodies, his four blights are simply extensions of himself, and as shown in Age of Calamity his malice can freely hop from one Guardian into another, projecting his will into them, and eventually creating a new physical body for himself via said Guardian. And as shown in BOTW and AOC he controls an entire army of guardians at once so he's not just shifting his consciousness between a single target. I'm also pretty sure this grants him Type 6 Immortality.

Another little thing to add, I want to add this into his page to justify why he also gets all the powers of his blights. And finally, I forgot to remove Ice Manipulation from his base form since it was agreed he doesn't scale to Zant displaying the ability.

Last edited:
I don't know about Death Manipulation, would prefer more input on that one.

However, I extremely agree with Hive Mind.

The other additions are completely fine with me as well.

Well this has gotten enough support I'd say.

Just one question before I add anything, @Lephyr what more input about the death manipulation did you want? Just if anyone else thought it was fine to treat it as death manipulation or was it something else?

Well this has gotten enough support I'd say.

Just one question before I add anything, @Lephyr what more input about the death manipulation did you want? Just if anyone else thought it was fine to treat it as death manipulation or was it something else?
Was mostly thinking it could be something else, or I guess I was being bit more conservative

However, seems it's only me, so eh

Guess I can fully agree with it being Death Manipulation

Btw, would this give Link resistance to it, since he can touch malice without instantly dying?

Btw, would this give Link resistance to it, since he can touch malice without instantly dying?
Probably.

Oh yeah, I noticed this isn't mentioned in the profile. Would that warrant some form of empathic, madness or mind manipulation?
I don't think this is Ganon's doing. Hino is the only person in the game that acts like this during a blood moon afaik so I think it can be chalked up to him just being a weirdo.

I don't think this is Ganon's doing. Hino is the only person in the game that acts like this during a blood moon afaik so I think it can be chalked up to him just being a weirdo.
Isn't he also the only one that actually acknowledges there being a Blood Moon?

Edit: Ah, right, he actually explains why no one else talked about. Saw again the scene: He mentions it's because it has happened for so long that people stopped paying attention.

Actually, yeah I think he is the only person to acknowledge the existence of the blood moon, besides Zelda anyway.

Maybe it is some form of empathic manipulation then.

Then with everyone fully agreeing, including staff, I shall add these abilities and remove Ice Manipulation like I was meant to weeks ago oops

Back