• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Mythopoeic Reinterpretation (Revision Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrueBK

Miraak and the Dovahkiin in no way scale to the Daedric Princes. The only reason behind Miraak's power is the fact he is a servant of Herma-Mora and gained forbidden knowledge from him, and a single tentacle of the latter was enough to finish him off.

There is also the fact Vile and Barbas are manifestations during that Quest, not their true forms.

This is an epic gamer moment. Would the enantiomorph in Skyrim be Tullius and Ulfric (interchangeably King and Rebel depending on who you choose) and the LDB is the witness? Or the Witness may be the Greybeards/Balgruuf and the LDB may be part of either Ulfric's or Tullius' faction.

Ultima Reality said:
@TrueBK
Miraak and the Dovahkiin in no way scale to the Daedric Princes. The only reason behind Miraak's power is the fact he is a servant of Herma-Mora and gained forbidden knowledge from him, and a single tentacle of the latter was enough to finish him off.

There is also the fact Vile and Barbas are manifestations during that Quest, not their true forms.
Kill a person who's already weakened isn't impressive at all. Miraak could be as powerful as Herma only when he has the power of TLD.

Clav said that The Rueful Axe is a reward that could satisfy TLD when he asked for power. The Rueful Axe itself can cut through a god:

"Tis a wicked axe you wield there, friend. That blade looks sharp enough to cut through a god."

It's powerful enough for Clav to has quite a bit of fun.

I don't feel like Clav's the most reliable source for information that would place the characters up in power an uncountably infinite amount of times, that and he could have been metaphorical.

And "having quite a bit of fun" doesn't really translate to god-killing.

Killing Alduin should suffice for the tiering, though.

Matthew Schroeder said:
If the Dovahkiin truly had a power to rival the Sun he'd be High 1-B because the Sun is Magnus, the God of Magic who rules Aetherius.
Wait, then what would that make the Eye of Magnus and generic Thalmor Asshole A?

The Eye of Magnus has enough power to "Unmake the World", and is the most powerful magical artefact located in Skyrim, and it's powerful enough that the Psijic Order decided to intervene, when they didn't with Alduin.

Given what we know about Thalmor goals, it's more likely that World means Mundus in this context.

"Before the birth of men, the Dragons ruled all Mundus."

That should make them at least on pair with Minor Gods.

TrueBK98 said:
"Before the birth of men, the Dragons ruled all Mundus."

That should make them at least on pair with Minor Gods.
I can't speak for other statements, but that by itself wouldn't qualify them for that in the slightest.

They would need to be able to destroy, significantly alter, or recreate Mundus to achieve that.

And the only Dragon who would qualify for that would be Alduin.

To be able to rule Mundus, dragons themself should be as powerful as other Minor Gods or that would be impossible.

TrueBK98 said:
To be able to rule Mundus, dragons themself should be as powerful as other Minor Gods or that would be impossible.
That's like saying a galactic civilization that can "rule a galaxy", but have no galaxy level feats or statements, are 3-C.

Regular Dragons shouldn't scale to gods. The can't destroy/recreate Mundus, only Alduin can do that.

inb4 2-C Whiterun Soldier

This is most likely referring to the Dawn Era, which was itself a period where there was no difference between Mortal and Divine, and everything was Infinite and Eternal. Even if ruling over Mundus was a legitimate feat, it wouldn't scale to the Dragons as we see them in the games.

"Aldmeris split during the Dawn, but as in all things then, these fractures enjoyed quasi-temporal amendments. Sometimes the Island of Start was with us, othertimes not or not of a whole, close as it was to spirit actual.
The Jills did not have their full powers; rather, I should say, all the mundex spirits had every power at every time amendment at every ordering, which is to say none of them could ever fully express; our world was young and so were its architect gods.

The next is known to all of us in different ways, and the impossibility of the Dawn lends all of these memories credence. I speak of the Ur-Tower, Adamantine, anon Direnni, and of its creation and purpose."
~ Nu-Mantia Intercept​

Ultima Reality said:
This is most likely referring to the Dawn Era, which was itself a period where there was no difference between Mortal and Divine, and everything was Infinite and Eternal. Even if ruling over Mundus was a legitimate feat, it wouldn't scale to the Dragons as we see them in the games.
Make sense.

Just dropping this in too: The verse page is in dire need of recontruction, especially the links as many of them are broken due to the profile removal. I'd be willing to help with that too; I'll make a draft on my sandbox.

There's one thing I'd like to know before jsut silently watching it's progress . To quote someone else:

" What tiers would we expect for Early/Mid/Endgame Nerevarine, Hero of Kvatch, and Dovahkiin? "

I kind of want to get ready a list of matches they can potentially get into, to see if I can predict which ones are more likely to happen.

I'm actually a bit more interested in Early/Midgame, as I have much more trust in Matt when it comes to the higher-dimensional and universal feats. I've asked Matt about it on PMs and got an answer, however I don't want to post anything here that would mislead anyone if new info came up since I asked.

I've seen a calc that places the Dragonborn at 8-B for vaporizing dwerven centurions but my phone links don't work at all. I'll try to get a photo
F700A025-4F10-4A17-B926-830E49566878

I tend to trust in Matthew's judgement when it comes to tiers higher than Low 2-C more than most Users... SoI agree with your reasoning. If he wants to answer here (though I understand not because it's redundant as heck and back since he already answered and would more than likely be annoyed at it, which I wouldn't want) , fine. If not, I'll just wait until the profiles are revised then. It's no problem.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Vaporising Centurions doesn't seem like an early game feat.
Last time I checked mid game was high 6-A for creating a storm and shaking the earth got recalculated, so that's the only place I think it would be. (I probably could come up with a better response but it's 1:25 am here so my mind isn't in the best of shape)

I honestly don't think the Greybeards shook the entire planet, that was likely a massive hyperbole. It should honestly be calced with the maximum distance you can get from High Hrothgar in Skyrim.

Vivec
"To be a God... It is like being a juggler. Things are always moving, and you learn to know where they are without even thinking about it. Only there are many, many things moving. And sometimes, like any juggler, you drop something. I'm afraid it has become a lot more a matter of dropping things lately. There's too much to do, and not enough time, and I'm losing my touch. Perhaps I'm growing old. It is a bit like being at once awake and asleep. Awake, I am here with you, thinking and talking. Asleep, I am very, very busy. Perhaps for other gods, the completely immortal ones, it is only like that being asleep. Out of time. Me, I exist at once inside of time and outside of it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back