• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Waria Kambang said:
Since all of the reasonings for Morgoth has been debunked, i will now ask this to be added.
Yes did same that brought Morgoth was debunked didn't start destroy the unvierse?

no hell what are talking about argument lore.

MasterOfArda said:
I never said Morgoth starts with destroying the universe. He starts with conceptual manipulation. Which, again, the Dovahkiin has no defense.
This is what you said about Morgoth's first move. He starts with conceptual manipulation, which would give the Dovahkiin time to enslave or kill him. He doesn't start by using his enemy's stolen artifacts (which i doubt he can replicate)

MasterOfArda said:
Power Absorption is passive.
Again, he might replicate the artifacts passively, but it would require real movement to use said stolen artifacts, right? And if the power absorbtion ability requires him to absorb artifacts first, then he can just forget it because the Staff of Magnus would just drain and absorb his power faster than what Morgoth is capable of doing (literally can drain a low 1-C artifact).

If he can drain instantly, and the Staff of Magnus can drain instantly, than it would probably be inconclusive.

Plus, you said his gear is what survives conceptual attacks. If Morgoth drains his gear and then uses conceptual manipulation he has no defense (Unless there is a diffrent defense).

If the Dovahkiin has Low 1-C artifacts (And by exstension hax) of course he wins. But in that case this match is a stomp like Sans vs Voldemort would be a stomp.

MasterOfArda said:
If he can drain instantly, and the Staff of Magnus can drain instantly, than it would probably be inconclusive.

Plus, you said his gear is what survives conceptual attacks. If Morgoth drains his gear and then uses conceptual manipulation he has no defense (Unless there is a diffrent defense).
What i'm asking is how Morgoth's power absorbtion works. Do he need to take the artifacts inside himself to absorb it? Or what? You need to explain this.

No, the Staff of Magnus can easily drain a low 1-C artifact (Eye of Magnus) in a couple of seconds. Unless you are telling me that Morgoth can drain something that is low 1-C in nature, then he is not going to win. Again, this doesn't matter because the win condition of Bend Will shout is still valid and you need to address that first.

Yeah, not going to happen. All of Dovahkiin's artifacts that are worth mentioning are protected by their respective Daedric Princes and Divines (like Auriel's Bow and Auriel's Shield), and thus are an extension of their divine beings. Now, i would assume you already realise how powerful Daedric Princes and Divines are, so yeah, it's not going to work. I'm not saying it's low 1-C, but they sure as heck aren't going to get drained by Morgoth. This is the reason why i said i doubt his power absorbtion ability would work.

Morgoth still has a win condition (mainly death manipulation), it's not a stomp match, just a really decisive one.

1. [T]he Staff of Magnus can easily drain a low 1-C artifact
2. The artifacts aren't Low 1-C in the Dovahkiin's hands.
If 1 holds then the Dovahkiin stomps with a Low 1-C artifact. If 2 holds then the artifact can't be Low 1-C. I know you are two seperate people. I am just saying your arguements are inconsistent.

What i'm asking is how Morgoth's power absorbtion works. Do he need to take the artifacts inside himself to absorb it? Or what? You need to explain this.
To my understanding he passively warps reality, twisting everything to his will. He drains any opposing energy from it and then ensalves it.

Except it's not a stomp? A stomp thread means that Morgoth literally have no win condition, which is not true in this situation. He can still kill the Dovahkiin using his death manipulation. It's not a stomp, but rather a really, really decisive match. And no, my arguments are not inconsistent considering i've been saying that the Staff of Magnus can drain a low 1-C artifact since the beginning of this thread.

Except it's not a stomp? A stomp thread means that Morgoth literally have no win condition, which is not true in this situation. He can still kill the Dovahkiin using his death manipulation. It's not a stomp, but rather a really, really decisive match.
Unless I misunderstand, does "Prisinor Metaphysics" as you call it mean that if the Dovahkiin can win he does?

And no, my arguments are not inconsistent considering i've been saying that the Staff of Magnus can drain a low 1-C artifact since the beginning of this thread.
I am saying your argument is inconsistent with Ogbunabli's.

MasterOfArda said:
Is there any conceptual Thu'um to resist a direct attempt to destroy a concept?
I want to clarify this part. Concepts are extensions of Godlike Beings in TES, and MK stated that they are simply indestructible as "you can't kill any idea in The Dream". All concepts and ideas are reflection of the Godhead, and directly connected to him. You may bury or modify an idea or a concept via Tonal Magic, Walking Ways, CHIM and plethfora of hax that commonly required from Low 1-C to 1-A to work. You can't absolutely erase any idea or concept, which it can be seen why Daedric Princes have True Immortality and 1-A level of regen (Check any Daedric Prince profile to see why).

The only way of directly "destroy" a concept in TES is having 1-A level of Numidium. The World-Denial. I mean you have to have that specific hax, not just being an 1-A god alone.

I must ask do anyone have a Link, and interview from Lore Master on why the Elder scrolls lore is important and shouldn't be dismissed as Hyperbole?

Back