• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Battle of Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "3-A only includes physical matter destruction" is most likely semantics, I'm pretty sure if we had a pocket dimension feat stated to be as vast as the universe but not having its own time, it would be treated as 3-A despite the feat involving the creation of space along with matter. If I'm wrong tho feel free to correct me

I actually know a character who created infinite space and only got high 3-A, despite his creation clearly not being limited to physical matter only

GojiBoyForever said:
And no, I wouldn't, I am not that fragile.
Ted Ed said:
Indeed. Get a grip and learn to debate.
Sera is stressed out over other issues, and is still devoting her time trying to do her job and help out here. It is very mentally straining to have to juggle relentless arguing with a lot of upgrade-hungry members and handle other important tasks at the same time. Give her a break, try to be polite, and respect her evaluations. That is all.

Andytrenom said:
The "3-A only includes physical matter destruction" is most likely semantics, I'm pretty sure if we had a pocket dimension feat stated to be as vast as the universe but not having its own time, it would be treated as 3-A despite the feat involving the creation of space along with matter. If I'm wrong tho feel free to correct me
I actually know a character who created infinite space and only got high 3-A, despite his creation clearly not being limited to physical matter only
That's litteraly what was said on previous threads and what is said on the tiering page so it's hardly semantics or if it is, a lot of people didn't take it that way and should be corrected (i mean, if the low 2-C definition doesn't match how we actualy define low 2-C, it's a pretty big probleme since the tier list is probably the first place people check out)

I don't know about other characters and when someone tried to bring up Saint Seiya characters in previous threads on that subject, they were rebucked so i don't see why it would be valid now.

At the end of the day, the characters's statements about destroying the universe and the feat we see on screen in BOG can only be interpreted two ways : 1: they mean 'only the matter of the universe', which my argument clearly make impossible

or 2: they are actualy talking about destroying the whole universe, which mean the space time continuum.

Out of the two interpretation, one is impossible so it leave us with the other, which make the feat low 2-C, which even goes well with the japanese definition of universe.

>The Japanese definition of universe

We have five definitions of the word "universe":

1. Òé│Òé╣ÒâóÒé╣ÒÇéµÖéÚûôÒâ╗þ®║ÚûôÕåàÒü½þº®Õ║ÅÒéÆÒééÒüúÒüªÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüÖÒéïÒÇîÒüôÒü¿ÒÇìÒéäÒÇîÒééÒü«ÒÇìÒü«þÀÅõ¢ôÒÇéõ¢òÒéëÒüïÒü«Þª│þé╣ÒüïÒéëÞªïÒüªÒÇüþº®Õ║ÅÒéÆÒééÒüñÕ«îþÁÉÒüùÒüƒõ©ûþòîõ¢ôþ│╗ÒÇé

2. Õà¿ÒüªÒü«µÖéÚûôÒü¿þ®║ÚûôÒÇüÒüèÒéêÒü│ÒüØÒüôÒü½ÕɽÒü¥ÒéîÒéïÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝Òü¿þë®Þ│¬[ÒÇéÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïþë®Þ│¬Òéäµö¥Õ░äÒéÆÕîàÕ«╣ÒüÖÒéïþ®║ÚûôÒÇéÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïþë®õ║ï´╝êµú«þ¥àõ©çÞ▒í)ÒéÆÕɽÒéÇÕà¿ÒüªÒü«Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒÇé

3. ÒâôÒââÒé░ÒâÉÒâ│þÉåÞ½ûþ¡ëÒüºþÁ▒õ©ÇþÜäÒü½Þ¬¼µÿÄÒüòÒéîÒüåÒéïÒÇüþÅ¥Õ«ƒþÜäÒÇüþÅ¥Õ£¿þÜäÒü½µêæÒÇàÒüîµÜ«ÒéëÒüÖÒü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒü«Õ║âÕñºÒü¬õ©ûþòîÒÇéÒâªÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇéÒééÒüùÒüÅÒü»ÒüØÒü«ÕñûÕü┤Òü½õ╗«µâ│ÒüòÒéîÒéïÒâªÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣Òü«ÞñçÕÉêõ¢ôÕà¿õ¢ôÒÇé´╝êÒÇîÒâªÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÞ¬×Òü½Òü»ÒÇîÒü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüåµäÅÕæ│ÒüîÞ¥╝ÒéüÒéëÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüîÒÇüµ£ÇÞ┐æÒüºÒü»ÒÇüÕ«çÕ«ÖÒü½ÒüñÒüäÒüªÞ½ûÒüÿÒéïµÖéÒÇü3µ¼íÕàâþÜäÒü½ÒüñÒü¬ÒüîÒüúÒüƒþ®║ÚûôÒüáÒüæÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüÅÒÇüÕ╣│ÞíîÕ«çÕ«ÖÒééÕɽÒéüÒüªÞ½ûÒüÿÒéëÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇéÞñçÕÉêþÜäÕ«çÕ«ÖÒééÒüùÒüÅÒü»ÕñÜÕàâþÜäÕ«çÕ«ÖÒü¿ÒüäÒüåµäÅÕæ│ÒüºÒÇîÒâ×Òâ½ÒâüÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇìÒü¿Õæ╝Òü░ÒéîÒéïÒÇéÕìÿõ©ÇÕ«çÕ«ÖÒü¿Õî║ÕêÑÒüùÒüªÞñçÕÉêÕ«çÕ«ÖÕà¿õ¢ôÒéƵîçÒüÖÕá┤ÕÉêÒü½Òü»þë╣Òü½ÒÇîÒé¬ÒâáÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇìÒü¿ÒééÒüäÒüåÒÇé)

4. 3µ¼íÕàâþ®║ÚûôþÜäÒü½þ╣ïÒüîÒüúÒüƒÕ║âÕñºÒü¬Õ«çÕ«ÖÕà¿õ¢ôÒéƵîçÒüÖÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüéÒéïÒÇé

5. Õ«çÕ«Öþ®║ÚûôÒÇéÕ£░þÉâÒü«Õ£░õ©èþ┤ä100kmõ╗Ñõ©èÒÇüõ©èþ®║Òü«þ®║ÚûôÒéƵîçÒüÖõ¥┐Õ«£þÜäÒü¬Õ«Üþ¥®

Pritti said:
>The Japanese definition of universe
We have five definitions of the word "universe":

1. Òé│Òé╣ÒâóÒé╣ÒÇéµÖéÚûôÒâ╗þ®║ÚûôÕåàÒü½þº®Õ║ÅÒéÆÒééÒüúÒüªÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüÖÒéïÒÇîÒüôÒü¿ÒÇìÒéäÒÇîÒééÒü«ÒÇìÒü«þÀÅõ¢ôÒÇéõ¢òÒéëÒüïÒü«Þª│þé╣ÒüïÒéëÞªïÒüªÒÇüþº®Õ║ÅÒéÆÒééÒüñÕ«îþÁÉÒüùÒüƒõ©ûþòîõ¢ôþ│╗ÒÇé

2. Õà¿ÒüªÒü«µÖéÚûôÒü¿þ®║ÚûôÒÇüÒüèÒéêÒü│ÒüØÒüôÒü½ÕɽÒü¥ÒéîÒéïÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝Òü¿þë®Þ│¬[ÒÇéÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïþë®Þ│¬Òéäµö¥Õ░äÒéÆÕîàÕ«╣ÒüÖÒéïþ®║ÚûôÒÇéÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïþë®õ║ï´╝êµú«þ¥àõ©çÞ▒í)ÒéÆÕɽÒéÇÕà¿ÒüªÒü«Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒÇé

3. ÒâôÒââÒé░ÒâÉÒâ│þÉåÞ½ûþ¡ëÒüºþÁ▒õ©ÇþÜäÒü½Þ¬¼µÿÄÒüòÒéîÒüåÒéïÒÇüþÅ¥Õ«ƒþÜäÒÇüþÅ¥Õ£¿þÜäÒü½µêæÒÇàÒüîµÜ«ÒéëÒüÖÒü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒü«Õ║âÕñºÒü¬õ©ûþòîÒÇéÒâªÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇéÒééÒüùÒüÅÒü»ÒüØÒü«ÕñûÕü┤Òü½õ╗«µâ│ÒüòÒéîÒéïÒâªÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣Òü«ÞñçÕÉêõ¢ôÕà¿õ¢ôÒÇé´╝êÒÇîÒâªÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÞ¬×Òü½Òü»ÒÇîÒü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüåµäÅÕæ│ÒüîÞ¥╝ÒéüÒéëÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüîÒÇüµ£ÇÞ┐æÒüºÒü»ÒÇüÕ«çÕ«ÖÒü½ÒüñÒüäÒüªÞ½ûÒüÿÒéïµÖéÒÇü3µ¼íÕàâþÜäÒü½ÒüñÒü¬ÒüîÒüúÒüƒþ®║ÚûôÒüáÒüæÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüÅÒÇüÕ╣│ÞíîÕ«çÕ«ÖÒééÕɽÒéüÒüªÞ½ûÒüÿÒéëÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇéÞñçÕÉêþÜäÕ«çÕ«ÖÒééÒüùÒüÅÒü»ÕñÜÕàâþÜäÕ«çÕ«ÖÒü¿ÒüäÒüåµäÅÕæ│ÒüºÒÇîÒâ×Òâ½ÒâüÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇìÒü¿Õæ╝Òü░ÒéîÒéïÒÇéÕìÿõ©ÇÕ«çÕ«ÖÒü¿Õî║ÕêÑÒüùÒüªÞñçÕÉêÕ«çÕ«ÖÕà¿õ¢ôÒéƵîçÒüÖÕá┤ÕÉêÒü½Òü»þë╣Òü½ÒÇîÒé¬ÒâáÒâïÒâÉÒâ╝Òé╣ÒÇìÒü¿ÒééÒüäÒüåÒÇé)

4. 3µ¼íÕàâþ®║ÚûôþÜäÒü½þ╣ïÒüîÒüúÒüƒÕ║âÕñºÒü¬Õ«çÕ«ÖÕà¿õ¢ôÒéƵîçÒüÖÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüéÒéïÒÇé

5. Õ«çÕ«Öþ®║ÚûôÒÇéÕ£░þÉâÒü«Õ£░õ©èþ┤ä100kmõ╗Ñõ©èÒÇüõ©èþ®║Òü«þ®║ÚûôÒéƵîçÒüÖõ¥┐Õ«£þÜäÒü¬Õ«Üþ¥®
There was a guy who made a blog post about that a while ago with a scanned dictionary page so i'm just going with what was said there since i don't speak japanese.

And Google translate sucks, so I can't read it. But Dragon Ball uses "Cosmos" to describe Universe, which is basically every galaxy in existence. Yes, most verses like Final Fantasy uses Definition 2 or all Time and Space. There are some that use Definition 3, which is more so for multiverses. But yes, World is what's used to refer to timeline. Not Universe.

Despite being threatened with instant termination, i must say using foreign language terms in an argument is a low blow.

The kanji dragon ball uses is Uchuu (Õ«ç┬ÀÕ«Ö)

Screenshot 20191004-185517 Chrome
And antvasima describing the thread as sera " relentless arguing with a lot of upgrade-hungry members " instead of a debate, implies he is indeed biased against any upgrade being made.

Basically, from what i can understand, the Supporters of the upgrade's agrument can be summed up to:

"The feat would be 3-A if they were destroying just all of the Universe's matter. However since they were actually going to destroy the strucutre of the entire macrocosm, including reams separated from the main thing, the feat should be a Low 2-C one, as space-time is likely either a part of the structure, if not even what makes up the strucutre itself"

Right?

Alright, so I'm going to respond to the people who responded to me:

*Elizhaa I think their argument from Option 3 is that because their clash can affect the Kaioshin Realm which woud be spatially separated according to the Daizenshuu, then it proved their clash can affect space-time hence the destruction of the universe would be Low 2-C not 3-A, Godhand1999.*

So, I scrolled up a little. I'm assuming option 3 is this?

*Option Three - Goku and Beerus' shockwaves would destroyed the universe and the afterlife, which are connected and and forms a globe like structure, and they were able to reach the Kaioshin realm outside of Universe 7, and they would have destroyed it. (Low 2-C)*

So, Elizhaa the scan you sent me does not state anything about the Kaioshin Realm. Also, just because the Kaioshin Realm is spatially separated from Universe 7, that doesn't mean that this feat is Low 2-C. In order for something to be Low 2-C, it needs to destroy the space/time continuum. The Kaioshin Realm does not have a space/time continuum, it's a small dimension which exists outside the macrocosm.

Option 3 is faulty because it assumes that the clash affecting the Kaioshin Realm and "destroying" the universe is Low 2-C. When in actuality? The anime clarifies that they are actually "breaking" it apart and destroying everything within the universe itself. Once again, this whole "globe like structure" should be invalidated because there is no statement or feat which specifies that Goku and Beerus are affecting space/time. Vs Battle Wiki should be looking for feats which are backed up with evidence, not statements that can be contradicted or made up assumptions.

*not to mention the scaling and how multiple statements revolving around the feat hint at it as the OP posted, and if it was strictly physical it wouldn't destroy the souls of the Kaioshin realm. They later affect and destroy spacetime multiple ways such as being able to hit IZ who merged with space-time, Vegeta destroying the time chamber, etc.

I go with option 3 for now.*

Master Xar…

What are you saying? One of the scans the OP dropped is where Elder Kai states that the universe is actually breaking apart, which was later clarified later in the anime that everything within the universe was going to be destroyed. Also, it was never shown to destroy souls and if it DID? Then that's non-physical interaction, that doesn't affect space/time. Infinite Zamasu is irrelevant because we are talking about Goku vs Beerus which happened at the beginning of the anime. You can make a CRT yourself and discuss those feats which happened later in the anime.

*I feel like this still ignores the problem of how is physical destruction of matter supposed to destroy the souls and spirits in the Afterlife? Physical Matter destruction will literally do NOTHING against souls because the whole point is that they lack physical bodies and has left physical existence (Only exceptions are people who are allowed to retain their bodies in the afterlife, everybody else are faceless blobs).

This wouldn't be a problem if the feat was Low 2-C since Space-Time Destruction wouldn't care whether you're physical or not, you exist in that Universe's Space-Time and its destruction would also mean yours.*

Akreious

You're up next. So, first of all affecting souls is non-physical interaction which I just told Xar above. Unless you can provide evidence from the source material that they directly affected the space/time of the universe? You're points are moot and invalidated. Whis said the universe will be destroyed, but Elder Kai later clarifies this by saying that the universe will turn into an empty void. Find me a statement, a piece of evidence, and or any sort of proof to substantiate your Low 2-C claim. If it is not affecting space/time, then it is not legitimate. What you are describing is the power's range, not it affecting space/time.

*Did you miss the part in the OP where I went over how Goku and Beerus only destroying what's inside the universe is a contradictory statement when they were going to destroy the Kaioshin realm that is outside the entire Universe 7 globe?*

• LordTracer
Did you miss the part in the OP where I went over how Goku and Beerus only destroying what's inside the universe is a contradictory statement when they were going to destroy the Kaioshin realm that is outside the entire Universe 7 globe?*

Yeah and you're wrong. That only describes the feat's range, not if it affects the space/time continuum. You have no evidence to suggest that it does that, which is why most of your points are rendered moot. The Kaioshin Realm is not a space/time continuum, it's a small dimension that only Gods can enter. It's not even a contradictory statement either, when Elder Kai clarifies what was happening in Goku and Beerus's battle. All you have is Narrator statements where it says the Universe is going to be destroyed. The narrator is not valid because he's just saying that to hype up the tension of what's happening in the show. Narrators should not be used as evidence at all. Give me feats, statements that back up the feats, and other stuff that points to it directly affecting the world's space/time. If you can not provide evidence for these claims? Then this blog is for naught.

Keep in mind this is all google translated. So take it with a grain of salt.

1= Cosmos. The whole of "things" and "things" that exist in order in time and space. A complete world system with order from some point of view.

2= All time and space, and the energy and matter it contains. A space that encompasses all substances and radiation. All beings including all things (all things in nature).

3= A vast world in which we live in real life that can be explained in a unified way using the Big Bang theory. Universe. Or the entire complex of the universe that is virtually imagined outside. (The word "universe" has the meaning of "one", but recently, when discussing the universe, not only three-dimensionally connected spaces but also parallel universes are sometimes discussed. (It is called "multiverse" in the sense of complex universe or pluralistic universe. When referring to the entire complex universe as distinguished from a single universe, it is also called "omniverse".)

4= It may also refer to the entire vast universe connected in three dimensions.

5= Outer space. Convenient definition that refers to the space above 100km above the earth

The last response wasn't formatted properly, so here it is:

*The claim is that one of the only two statements implying 3-A is contradicted by the feat itself, as the statement says Goku and Beerus' clash would only cause destruction within Universe 7. This is contradicted by the fact that they were going to destroy the Kaioshin realm, which is completely separate from the Universe 7 globe and can only be reached via the highest tiers of Shunkan Idō or Whis' time traveling Warp ability.

The Low 2-C part comes from the fact that the Daizenshuu states the mortal universe resembles our own universe, which is a space-time continuum and the Daizenshuu backs up the idea of it being a space-time continuum, all the moments in the series that should be impossible if the characters were 3-A (such as then landing attacks on Infinite Zamasu or Frieza surviving the Hakai), the notion that it'd be kind of absurd to say Beerus was holding back to a literal infinite degree against SSG Goku, etc.*

Once again, this is not Low 2-C and doesn't fit Vs Battle Wiki's guidelines. You're describing range, not it affecting space/time. Just because the Kaioshin Realm is seperate from Universe 7, that doesn't mean it affects space/time because the Kaioshin Realm does not have a space/time continuum. The Daizenshuu says nothing about that and you're bringing up events that have happened later on in the series. The Goku and Beerus clash right? Was only stated to bust everything WITHIN the Universe, not it itself. BTW For a feat that's 3-A, it was going to kill both Goku and Beerus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back