• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Battle between Monsters- Acnologia vs Kaido

A massive mace that is both less agile then you as well as coming from directly avoid that Acno has the skill and Durability and AP to deal with.

No, I'm not suggesting speed. It's much harder to fight a smaller opponent then it is to fight someone as tall as you, especially when they are stronger and more expirienced

Hell, if you want to nitpick about large size being an advantage or not, it doesn't beat the AP gap or the expirience gap.

Kaido going into Dragon Form is an instant death sentence because Durability neg.

Kaido would have a durability advantage, the marines and other Yonko weren't able to scar him nor kill him despite keeping him captured.

Kaido would have for the majority of his life fought people smaller than him since this is one piece, he should be adapted in dealing with people that small.

Because of his Dragon Scales, which is moot because Acno is specifically geared towards it.

Kaido doesn't have dragon scales in his human form... And when he was captured by the marines he would have been cuffed in seastone just like ace was..

Large=Slow=BS

Dragon Scales=Durability=BS

Kaido>Whitebeard>MF Whitebeard, but to an unquantifiable degree. <=> Acno, I'm going to give Acno the benefit here, least in AP. Not by a huge margin though.

Kaido loses range and flight if he sticks to human form, but Boro breath isn't all that powerful anyway.

What's the longest Acno has fought for? Doesn't list any specifics on his endurance?

Ace novel says Kaido > old Whitebeard > old sick Whitbeard.

Kaido also took down Oden with a strike from his mace; Oden took attacks from Roger and clashed with prime whitebeard

Soul absorption is basically a non-factor here, since the mechanics aren't explored.

As for Acno's stamina, difficult to say since most of his fights don't last long. He generally shows up, one shots and leaves, or if the fight manages to last longer than that, he's never actually gotten to the point where he's exhausted. Best I can give u was wiping out two opposing armies made up of Dragons and dragon slayers all on his own about 400 years in the past. He's also often shown just walking the continent so his cardio is prolly amazing

@David thanks for the recap.

I see Acno getting the early advantage via a slight AP advantage, but less Kaido uses Dragon form I don't see him doing too much damage. Acno eventually wears himsefl out not used to fighting for days on end and that's when Kaido takes it.

Kaido wins high difficulty.

I disagree, Acnologia starts off with a slight AP advantage yes, but also Kaido has no real knowledge about how Acnologia's magic functions. Acnologia not only has a slight AP advantage but he also has a range advantage, he has shown in human form to employ ranged and aoe attacks almost as often as he has shown physical attacks, the difference in range is incentive enough for Kaido to switch to dragon form and without prior knowledge of what exactly DS magic does that's a death sentence.

And I specifically said, we have no idea of the upper limits of his stamina. He wiped out 2 armies and committed genocide all on his lonesome, we know from Irene that DS turned dragons can't sleep, all this suggests high stamina but because most of his fights don't last long enough we can't effectively place it. TLDR; the specifics of his stamina are largely unknown and as such can't be used as an argument for or against him.

I never said it was a decisive factor, I actually argued that because of the lack of specificity of the limits of Acno's stamina it isn't a reliable argument either way.

And I still don't see the relevance of BB, he's been stated a few times to not biologically function like anyone else in OP so he isn't a reliable litmus test for anything

Never by a reliable source but I digress.

Even if Acno doesn't sleep, doesn't mean he can't get tired.

The best you can argue for him is scaling from people weaker than him, like the FT members fighting during the night against Tartaros.

He didn't against big mom who was superior to him. He immediately left dragon form once he became sober and realised he was being attacked, and be only went in dragon form since he had his army and he planned on taking down the scabbards and Oden quickly (but that didn't happen)

Hmm not superior my bad, on par with him in strength, where as others like Luffy the remaining scabbards and the other daiymao were below him so he just used dragon form.

Range spamming and using ur range are 2 different things. Like I mentioned b4 in his human form he ranges and physically beats down just as much as each other

Not entirely accurate, he ate the "Space between time" Zeref's own time magic stemmed from Fairy Heart. And even then if he didn't show himself manipulating time in such a fashion we can't assume he can

ShadowGun45 said:
Couldn't Acnologia use temporal magic to reverse any Kaido blow against him?
he can use telekensis to deflect kaido long range blow like he did with natsu and gajeel. also he have self healing, if kaido somehow able to damage him.

btw what is temporal magic?

Zeref's Time Magic did indeed come from the Space Between Time, Fairy Heart is never stated to grant Time Magic, just Infinte Magic+Amp

Nah, it's the Space Between Time that gives Time Magic, Zeref and Acnologia say this, Fairy Heart is never once stated to give the user Time Magic, Zeref can freely have control and access the Space Between Time's Time Magic

Even the main Fairy Tail wiki gets this wrong

So Acnolgia can use time stop or something? If so it's a stomp since Kaido is only winning via extreme dif due to physical prowess. Also telekinesis if acno has it won't work since that's lifting strength and Kaido completely outclasses him in that regard.

Back